User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 11:24   #151
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
That match proved that the best team doesn't always win the match.
What a load of shit. This time you can't even blame it on a referee. The better team won that game. The prodigal sons of Spain were wasteful, and eventually dismantled by the Swiss. Winning games is not a matter of flavour or preference. Benaglio was just unbeaten behind Swiss defense. If you can't put the ball in the net on 22 shots, you've been stopped by someone who played better than you.

Inevitably, the better of the two teams is decided by the result on the scoresheet when the referee blows his whistle for full time.

Some people might argue that Spain played "more beautiful" football, but possession and ability to pass the ball alone will not win you games, as proven by Barcelona. Barcelona was probably by your definition the best team in the European Champions League this year. Yet the final was battled between Bayern Münich and Internazionale, the latter of which won. Are they now the ECL champions, or just "worse" than Barcelona?

Quote:
Spain was alot better, played good football but wasn't dangerous enough. The other team scored using their first chance really.
Spain was worse. They kept ball and passed the ball, but they failed to put it in the back of the net despite a multitude of chances. Where likes of Pique were incredibly wasteful, Eren Derdiyok's and Gelson Fernandez's determination wasn't. You can keep ranting all you want about how better team this better team that, but the truth is, the winner of the world cup won't be decided by possession numbers or passes completed.

Quote:
Spain will beat Honduras and then against Chili, they need to win, no alternative.
They'll prob qualify. I'm still calling on the pressure to perform and them eventually crumbling on it. However, if Spain do fail to qualify (I can see how that could happen if they land into trouble with the energetic Chile team), and Swizerland go on with Chile, are you going to be here telling "the best team in the world cup got knocked out 'because' they what". They were so best that they err knocked out the same way Barca did?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 11:44   #152
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
What a load of shit. This time you can't even blame it on a referee. The better team won that game. The prodigal sons of Spain were wasteful, and eventually dismantled by the Swiss. Winning games is not a matter of flavour or preference. Benaglio was just unbeaten behind Swiss defense. If you can't put the ball in the net on 22 shots, you've been stopped by someone who played better than you.

Inevitably, the better of the two teams is decided by the result on the scoresheet when the referee blows his whistle for full time.

Some people might argue that Spain played "more beautiful" football, but possession and ability to pass the ball alone will not win you games, as proven by Barcelona. Barcelona was probably by your definition the best team in the European Champions League this year. Yet the final was battled between Bayern Münich and Internazionale, the latter of which won. Are they now the ECL champions, or just "worse" than Barcelona?

Spain was worse. They kept ball and passed the ball, but they failed to put it in the back of the net despite a multitude of chances. Where likes of Pique were incredibly wasteful, Eren Derdiyok's and Gelson Fernandez's determination wasn't. You can keep ranting all you want about how better team this better team that, but the truth is, the winner of the world cup won't be decided by possession numbers or passes completed.

They'll prob qualify. I'm still calling on the pressure to perform and them eventually crumbling on it. However, if Spain do fail to qualify (I can see how that could happen if they land into trouble with the energetic Chile team), and Swizerland go on with Chile, are you going to be here telling "the best team in the world cup got knocked out 'because' they what". They were so best that they err knocked out the same way Barca did?
First of all, I'm not a barca fan at all (I'm a Real fan). And ease down mate.

Eventhough Swiss won, they were terrible. They couldn't reach the opponents goalie more then twice in 90 minutes, that's shameful.

Their goalie however was beaten on several occasions (Villa dribbling the goalie to then trying to lob the ball into the goal but missed or Xabi Alonso with his magnificant shot on the sidebar, the keeper was no where near that ball). Yes he played a good game, but lady fortuna wasn't at Spain's side yesterday. Esp if you see Swiss' goal. The keeper got there first, kicked the ball but it hit Pique and therfor rolled right next to Hernandez, who could then easily score. But that's how football goes.

Having said that, spain lost the game and it was their own fault. Swiss didn't play better against them then the previous 24 teams who all lost. Spain however failed to convert possession into chances and goals.

But to claim Swiss played a good match is imo not justified. When I said "the best team didn't win", I meant the better football playing team didn't win.

They did indeed miss a fit Torres and fabregas and eventhough Iniesta was quite good, he needed to be replaced again because the Swiss players focussed on him non stop as they knew he just had an injury and hoped he'd get one again, which he did.

I might be a huge Spain fan and abit biassed here, but Swiss playing a horrible game but were more efficiënt.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 11:55   #153
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Eventhough Swiss won, they were terrible. They couldn't reach the opponents goalie more then twice in 90 minutes, that's shameful.
Isn't it more shameful just to not be able to score and lose a game and then not admit you were simply not good enough, but instead cry about "bad luck"?

Quote:
Villa dribbling the goalie to then trying to lob the ball into the goal but missed
If that was a lob and not a cross then it was as terrible a lob as you call Swizerland's performance. Just terrible finishing, dictionary definition of wasteful.

Quote:
or Xabi Alonso with his magnificant shot on the sidebar, the keeper was no where near that ball
Ok, so we've established that David Villa's finishing just didn't cut it enough to send the ball home. You can't call a lob like that "unlucky", you can however call it "poor finishing".

Xabi Alonso's shot hit the bar yes. You can proceed to call that luck. Yet you fail to mention how a drive by Derdiyok had already gone past Casillas and was only denied by a post. Of course, you'd not consider that "unlucky"?

Quote:
The keeper got there first, kicked the ball but it hit Pique and therfor rolled right next to Hernandez, who could then easily score. But that's how football goes.
Bad luck, or a combination of feeble uncertain defending by Spain and determination and composure by Fernandez? Go figure.

Quote:
But to claim Swiss played a good match is imo not justified. When I said "the best team didn't win", I meant the better football playing team didn't win.
I stick by my claim that the winner of the World Cup is decided, much like the winner of European Champions League, by the amount of goals a team manages to put into the opponent's net when it's necessary. You can play the most beautiful football in the world with 11 Jenna Jamesons in the field, possess the ball 99% of the time and have 17,000 shots on goal, but if your opponent scores one more than you do. You've lost.

Quote:
I might be a huge Spain fan and abit biassed here, but Swiss playing a horrible game but were more efficiënt.
A bit biased? Spain hits the bar with "an amazing shot" - bad luck. Swizerland hits the post with "a crap shot" - poor play. Iniesta is injured - bad luck. Senderoos is injured - poor play. Of course.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:10   #154
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, you're making stuff up now. I didn't even mention about Swiss' shot against the sidebar nor the injury of Senderoos.

Fact is, there were tons of faults made on Iniesta. Yet none on Sanderoos.

Like I said, Swiss reached the Spanish goalie twice, not more. Twice, that's it.

Also, learn to read EXACTLY what I'm posting, not what you WANT to read. What Villa TRIED TO DO, was lobbing or passing. Either way, it was indeed a terrible lob or a terrible pass. Fact is, the keeper was already game over but the finishing was really poor.

You are also abusing the word lucky or unlucky about 5 times in your post. I can't be arsed arguing if you're deliberatly twisting my words. Did I say "with a crap shot" anywhere in my post? Ifnot, stop making up lies. Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky".

This is what I said:

- The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
- The goal of Swiss was unlucky as the keeper was there first, but shot the ball against Piquet (neither could do anything about it, as you cannot control a ball in such situation and Piquet was already sliding so couldn't do much to prevent getting hit by the ball either). Yes, that is being unlucky.

I'm not saying Spain played a good game or deserved to win. They were horrible aswell and if they'd show the same precision they did the previous 20 games, they probably would have easily won the game.

Don't bother replying if all you're gonna do is twist my words, "quote" things I didn't even post or generally making up things. Sorry, cba with this.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:19   #155
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
You are also abusing the word lucky or unlucky about 5 times in your post. I can't be arsed arguing if you're deliberatly twisting my words. Did I say "with a crap shot" anywhere in my post? Ifnot, stop making up lies. Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky".
Quote:
Their goalie however was beaten on several occasions (Villa dribbling the goalie to then trying to lob the ball into the goal but missed or Xabi Alonso with his magnificant shot on the sidebar, the keeper was no where near that ball). Yes he played a good game, but lady fortuna wasn't at Spain's side yesterday.
Please reiterate. "Lady Fortuna"? I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming it's refering to "luck", and "Lady fortuna not being on Spain's side" refering to "Spain not being lucky enough" or "Spain being unlucky". All of this is semantics what I don't quite understand why we're staggering into.

Quote:
Fact is, there were tons of faults made on Iniesta. Yet none on Sanderoos.
Football is a contact sport. People do sometimes get injured even on clean tackles and whatnot. You can call it "Lady Fortuna" or whatnot. It doesn't matter.

Quote:
Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky".
Quote:
- The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
Please reiterate. I believe you are contradicting yourself. Or at least, if not, you've now claimed Spain's finishing was "unlucky" (the Xabi Alonso shot).

Quote:
Don't bother replying if all you're gonna do is twist my words, "quote" things I didn't even post or generally making up things. Sorry, cba with this.
On this post, and my previous post, I have simply quoted you. I am not trying to twist your words, you are causing the contradiction yourself by saying

Quote:
The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
but then implying that you're not on about "unlucky" by stating that

Quote:
Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky"
If you did not claim so in your previous post, my reading comperhension skills have established that now you've claimed so.

Please try make a difference when I use the Quote][/Quote tags to show something you have said, and when I just call words "crap" and try elaborate the view.

Quote:
Lol, you're making stuff up now. I didn't even mention about Swiss' shot against the sidebar nor the injury of Senderoos.
I mentioned these to elaborate how you show bias. F.ex

Quote:
Xabi Alonso's shot was unlucky
You seem to imply that if he had had more luck (eg. Lady Fortuna on his side), he'd scored. You neglect that he wasn't the only person to hit the post. I claim that goals count towards winning, and not scoring more than your opponent means you lose, hence you were not good enough to win by game rules, not by someone's personal preference on what is good or bad football.

edit. a quote tag closure fell off.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 17 Jun 2010 at 12:24.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:29   #156
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Also, learn to read EXACTLY what I'm posting, not what you WANT to read. What Villa TRIED TO DO, was lobbing or passing.
Quote:
Villa dribbling the goalie to then trying to lob the ball into the goal but missed
???? EXACTLY, Ball into the goal, was lobbing or passing, wait, now I'm confused. Am I supposed to read some parts of it EXACTLY and some LESS EXACTLY?
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:41   #157
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky indeed, that is 1 single shot that I claim to be unlucky. This however does NOT summarize me saying that ALL Spanish finishing was unlucky. That is a conclussion you appear to make yourself, wrongfully.

You could equally state the shot on the sidebar from Swiss was also unlucky.

I don't know if you saw the entire, match, I did. Yes, overall Spain was abit unlucky. Or atleast more unlucky then Swiss was. Because, and I still believe this, I do think the goal of Swiss had a great part of luck in it.

- Casillas was there first. Proof of this is that he hit the ball first. In such a rush and slide to the ball, you cannot really give much aim at the ball. Hence he couldn't do much about hitting the ball against Piquet.

- Piquet already initiated the slide. While sliding you can't possibly stop hence there was very little he could do in preventing to get hit by the ball.

- Piquet fell down, ball rolled towards Hernandes who was lying on the ground. He could easily finish.

My point is, Spain did not make any mistake there (sure you could argue that they made a mistake that initiated this opportunity in the first place) nor did Swiss outplay the goalie.

But a goal is a goal and in the end, the team with most goals wins.

Yes, football is a contact sport. Some of the errors on Iniesta, however, were done with ill intention. 3 defenders all aiming at his foot rather then the ball ... is that "just part of the game"? Even the neutral reporter stated that it's rather obvious what the intention of Swiss was.

But ok, that's not an exception. It happens alot in most teams, sadly enough. I mean, Check the amounts of errors made on Messi or Ronaldo.

I might be biassed but I got no problem admitting Spain lost. I'm also rather confident they'll reach the next round, as Honduras shouldn't be a problem and Chili doesn't have such a solid defense like Swiss.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:42   #158
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
???? EXACTLY, Ball into the goal, was lobbing or passing, wait, now I'm confused. Am I supposed to read some parts of it EXACTLY and some LESS EXACTLY?
Lobbing or passing as it wasn't clear if it was either a very poor lob or a very poor pass. None of that is relevant here. I didn't claim he was unlucky there, I just said he outplayed the keeper and merely needed to make the goal, but failed.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:49   #159
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
You could equally state the shot on the sidebar from Swiss was also unlucky.
Case closed.

Quote:
I don't know if you saw the entire, match, I did. Yes, overall Spain was abit unlucky. Or atleast more unlucky then Swiss was.
I think this is very vain. Measuring which side was "more or less unlucky" is a discussion of preference.

Quote:
in the end, the team with most goals wins.
And not the one that wastes more opportunities to score.

Quote:
Yes, football is a contact sport. Some of the errors on Iniesta, however, were done with ill intention.
This is why the referee is on the pitch. A lot of players sometimes at least seem to do things out of ill intention (follow Franck Ribery for a prime example).

Quote:
Lobbing or passing as it wasn't clear if it was either a very poor lob or a very poor pass
This characterizes a lot of it. David Villa's finishing was quite poor overall. His free kick landed straight at the opposing players. Fernando Torres had some chances (eg. the one where he seemed to be setting off only to put the ball out of the pitch with a poor touch to it). More than a Xabi Alonso shot hitting the crossbar, I think Spain's finishing was characterized by lack of quality in and out. Torres, Piquet, David Villa. All had some very good spots to put the ball into the net. Unlucky? No. Poor finishing? Yes. Poor play? Yes.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:54   #160
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Imo, luck or bad luck has nothing to do with Spain failing yesterday.
It was more a failed gameplan than being unlucky.

Shitloads of ball possesion in front of the penalty area doesn't mean you're the best team. Usually that means you're strugling hard to find openings in a solid defence.
Without using the flanks (until Navas came on) and just pasing the ball around in front of the penalty area without actually creating any chances you're not going to score goals or win a match.

On the other hand, the swiss followed their gameplan perfectly, allowing Spain to have the ball and pass it around alot without actually become threatening alot or giving away loads of chances, hoping for the one chance they were gonna get.

So I have to agree with Keizari that the Swiss were a better team yesterday.
Football is about alot more than just possesion & passing the ball around in a pretty way...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:56   #161
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Football is about alot more than just possesion & passing the ball around in a pretty way...
And this is part why Jose Mourinho keeps winning things.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 13:15   #162
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

IT's not a failure in gameplay. It is the same gameplay that made them EU champs, the same gameplay that made them win 24/25 matches before this game.

This is just how they play. Alot of possession, one-time football and just keep passing and passing on and on until they see a gap. IT's infact a very efficient gameplay as it tires the other team big team, which means that after a while more gaps occur.

Now, it failed because Spain didn't finish the opportunities they had and Swiss didn't allow alot of gaps to happen. On the other hand, the Swiss goal forced them to force their system which we all know doesn't work either.

It's their system, it's how they play and it's rather efficient. They don't give away much opportunities either, but like I said, they were abit unlucky with the goal Swiss made. You can't argue the fact that there was some luck in that goal, now could you?

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 13:22   #163
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
This is just how they play. Alot of possession, one-time football and just keep passing and passing on and on until they see a gap. IT's infact a very efficient gameplay as it tires the other team big team, which means that after a while more gaps occur.
I think this is a bit of a one-sided view. It's a very similar style of play Barcelona's known to be succesfull with. However, when faced with Jose Mourinho's Inter, they kept finding a brick wall with little creative ideas to change tactics to find alternative ways in. They were heavily hit back on the break - which Inter as a bit of a bigger team had the creative and fast attacking options to go with.

It's of course "easy" to box defend, but the real question is how you break such defenses. The ones set up by Ottmar Hitzfeld and Jose Mourinho for Swizerland and Inter were too solid for Spain and Barcelona, respectively. The games shared many similarities, moreso than the previous one, was it Uruguay France, seemed like.
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 13:28   #164
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I think this is a bit of a one-sided view. It's a very similar style of play Barcelona's known to be succesfull with. However, when faced with Jose Mourinho's Inter, they kept finding a brick wall with little creative ideas to change tactics to find alternative ways in. They were heavily hit back on the break - which Inter as a bit of a bigger team had the creative and fast attacking options to go with.

It's of course "easy" to box defend, but the real question is how you break such defenses. The ones set up by Ottmar Hitzfeld and Jose Mourinho for Swizerland and Inter were too solid for Spain and Barcelona, respectively. The games shared many similarities, moreso than the previous one, was it Uruguay France, seemed like.
Spanish gameplay is indeed rather similar of that of Barcelona. It's a good tactic and it did work against nearly all their oponents. Ofcourse it will not work always, there is no team in the world that wins all matches. They won against France, Germany and Argentina playing this style.

Against every gameplay, there is a counter. Just like you can counter the best player in the world aswell, as Inter did show.

I don't see why this would be rather one-sided of me but ok. I just stated the facts.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 13:56   #165
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Against every gameplay, there is a counter. Just like you can counter the best player in the world aswell, as Inter did show.

I don't see why this would be rather one-sided of me but ok. I just stated the facts.
Because: You are playing a Barcelona'ish/Spain'ish tactic. You encounter a team that defends like Swizerland/Inter. You stubbornly stick to your tactic, without trying to change or adjust*. You slam your face against a brick wall with your arguably pretty to watch yet vain tactic, and then Inter/Swizerland hit you in the break. You lose. Barcelona lost. Spain's turn. I'd venture this is why myself and VdM would call it a failure: a failure to adjust when you're being set against a counter-tactic.

(*until when it was too late; when they sent in a second striker in face of Torres and opened a bit more wide with Navas. This was a very late attempt to patch up Del Bosque's error of not changing tactics earlier)
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 14:11   #166
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Ohhh, since when did I became the coach of Spain or do I represent in any way how Spain plays?

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 14:13   #167
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

In the meanwhile, Argentina is teaching Korea some football. 4-1 and 10 minutes to go. A nice Hattrick from Higuain.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2010, 14:49   #168
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Ohhh, since when did I became the coach of Spain or do I represent in any way how Spain plays?
Seriously. Do YOU always feel the need to nitpick, whine, and stagger into semantics when you've made yourself look folly? In case it's merely a matter of grammar, which I highly doubt, I'll help you - English isn't my native but I'll still try to give you a hand here. It MIGHT be we'd be best off if you stuck to your original statement of simply being done instead of picking up on grammar you don't even grasp.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/you

definition #2: "one; anyone; people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see."
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 17:26   #169
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

****s sake you two, i get physical pain from reading your discussions
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 22:26   #170
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Mexico & Uruguay as good as through, France almost certain back on the plane home (they probably miss that 16y/o chick with fake boobs too much)...
COULD THIS DAY GET ANY BETTER?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 18 Jun 2010, 07:15   #171
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
If Franck Ribery gets sent off in the game against South Africa for a reckless headbutt because someone insulted his 14-y-o mistress then yes it'd be la parfait.
Unread 18 Jun 2010, 09:02   #172
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Seriously. Do YOU always feel the need to nitpick, whine, and stagger into semantics when you've made yourself look folly? In case it's merely a matter of grammar, which I highly doubt, I'll help you - English isn't my native but I'll still try to give you a hand here. It MIGHT be we'd be best off if you stuck to your original statement of simply being done instead of picking up on grammar you don't even grasp.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/you

definition #2: "one; anyone; people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see."
Did you fail to see the smiley behind my sentence? Often, a smiley is used to indicate that what is being said, could be meant as a joke or a funny remark. Hence not interpreted as something serious.

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2010, 09:03   #173
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
****s sake you two, i get physical pain from reading your discussions
Lol, explain me how that's possible. Perhaps you fell of your chair while reading this? Or perhaps you banged your head against the wall?

Neither of those actions we could be held responsible for. We do not control you physical (mal)functions

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2010, 09:05   #174
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Mexico & Uruguay as good as through, France almost certain back on the plane home (they probably miss that 16y/o chick with fake boobs too much)...
Yeah, I'm very happy France lost. Eventhough in the predicition game, I predicted a 1-1 ... I'm glad they lost.

Greece well ... guess they had it easy thanks to the red card and the huge screw up by the Nigerian goalie.

And Argentina was great. Messi was awesome and Higuain capped 3 goals aswell (eventhough neither of those were really that difficult to make). All in all an more then well deserved victory

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2010, 09:06   #175
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If Franck Ribery gets sent off in the game against South Africa for a reckless headbutt because someone insulted his 14-y-o mistress then yes it'd be la parfait.
Hehe, that would be ironic. I bet Mattarazzi will strike on the field and insult him, to then receive a header

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2010, 17:30   #176
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread needs an enema.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2010, 01:54   #177
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
rofl. Brazil has one of the "weakest" squads they had the past 10 years. I'm not claiming they have a bad team, not at all, but imo they miss the class they had the last 10 years (When they lost the final in France, won the final in Germany).

Brazil are always favourites, if only due to their name and status. Just like Argentina is also amongst the favourites eventhough they got a shit trainer. I'm sure they'll reach quarter finals, I doubt they'll manage to see semi finals.

Atleast, I sure hope they don't.
Unread 21 Jun 2010, 09:23   #178
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Why, you think their last match proved me wrong? I mean, BIG LOL !!!

Brazil was once again not convincing. They didn't play to bad, but they weren't the almighty and feared Brazil, the Brazil they're known for.

Also the "hand of god" goal from Fabiano ... yeah that's pure class. Even more pure class when he later says in an interview that it's his best goal ever ... ok

Kaka was very good. Giving 2 assists and then being sent off sadly enough. Believe me or not, I'm a great fan of Kaka. His first yellow card was deserved (he shouldn't push a player when the referee has already blown his wistle). the second yellow card was abit far fetched, he didn't deserve to be sent off but ok.

I'm also happy Italy once again failed to impress. 1-1 against one of the, of not THE, weakest teams in this WC?

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Jun 2010, 09:24   #179
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Yes, it seems it can get better. The drama is gold atm
Anelka sent to home, Evra talking about a traitor amongst the team and then the entire team refusing to train ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Jun 2010, 14:13   #180
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I salute you back. Portugal also wants to salute you. 7-0, clearly not a good result and a horrible Ronaldo, right?

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 21 Jun 2010 at 14:34.
Unread 21 Jun 2010, 14:53   #181
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Hey KJ, since you've been arguing that Portugal are contenders and Brazil aren't, how about you put your money where your mouth is, if Brazil beat Portugal in their last game you have to stop posting on these forums forever or even better request an account deletion. If Portugal beat Brazil I'll request an account deletion. Deal?

Also it's worth noting that Kaka isn't going to be playing and there's a question mark over Elano.
Unread 21 Jun 2010, 15:04   #182
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Hey KJ, since you've been arguing that Portugal are contenders and Brazil aren't, how about you put your money where your mouth is, if Brazil beat Portugal in their last game you have to stop posting on these forums forever or even better request an account deletion. If Portugal beat Brazil I'll request an account deletion. Deal?

Also it's worth noting that Kaka isn't going to be playing and there's a question mark over Elano.
I predicted Portugal to be one of the title contenders, amongst Spain, Germany, Argentina. I never claimed Brazil to be a bad squad. I said Brazil got a less impressive squad then what they're used to, with less individual talent then e.g. 4 or 8 years ago. Doesn't mean they suck, not at all tbh.

Purtugal played a good match, Ronaldo was decent (bad first half, very good 2nd half).

Does it bother you so much that I do not agree with your opinion here?

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Jun 2010, 15:13   #183
_Kila_
break it down!

not going to put your money where your mouth is then?

You said that Portugal are contenders for the championship and wrote off Brazil saying that they aren't likely to get to the semis.

You also conveyed both these opinions with stupid arrogance, responding to the claim that Brazil are contenders with "rofl" and some retarded shit about lack of talent (Brazillian players have displayed more individual talent than the Portuguese thus far btw). And now you're too much of a pussy to stand by your statements? Then you wonder why I call you an idiot.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 01:11   #184
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I predicted Portugal to be one of the title contenders, amongst Spain, Germany, Argentina. I never claimed Brazil to be a bad squad. I said Brazil got a less impressive squad then what they're used to, with less individual talent then e.g. 4 or 8 years ago. Doesn't mean they suck, not at all tbh.
So you're predicting that one of the top 4 favourites (excluding brazil) will win the world cup? Thats a mighty risky prediction!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 07:14   #185
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
I'm also happy Italy once again failed to impress. 1-1 against one of the, of not THE, weakest teams in this WC?
I don't realy think they failed to impress - more like they just failed to convert. Lack of Buffon and Pirlo is a bit of a blow, and even if they'd qualify, I think Buffon's absense is of such a great impact in both quality and confidence that they'll probably not make it.

That said, Azurri's been about as garbage as the English, but it's good to have the French seizing the weakest team prize by a mile. But then again, it wouldn't be the first World Cup to be won by a team that fails to impress in group stages.

Brazil on the other hand (or two hands, in case of Luis Fabiano) has been strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kila
I think Elano would be a bigger blow. He plays very well with Maicon on his side, and it's been the side a lot of the dangerous Brazil attacks have been launched from. Kaka's dismissal was just and I believe he should've sent off the previous foul already, and I don't know if he's been that instrumental - although I can't understand who is going to take his place in the formation, Julio Baptista? Ramires will surely step in for Elano.

If they can get off with Luis Fabiano catching balls with both his arms they're definitely going to make it to the final.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 09:08   #186
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
not going to put your money where your mouth is then?

You said that Portugal are contenders for the championship and wrote off Brazil saying that they aren't likely to get to the semis.

You also conveyed both these opinions with stupid arrogance, responding to the claim that Brazil are contenders with "rofl" and some retarded shit about lack of talent (Brazillian players have displayed more individual talent than the Portuguese thus far btw). And now you're too much of a pussy to stand by your statements? Then you wonder why I call you an idiot.
Haha, you're a complete and utter retard really. I post on this forum for fun. I'm not gonna wager with some 12 year old immature moron which could result in me never posting on this forum again (while I'm sure if I'd win, you wouldn't keep your promise nway).

I still believe Brazil will not reach the semi's. Why? Because it's very likely they have to play Spain in the 1/16th finals, which will be a hard game for BOTH countries.

I like it how you call me arrogant yet you're so blind you don't even notice the arrogance dripping from your additude here. That and the fact you've proven to be a liar (you started neg repping me, I neg repped you twice, you 4 times already but still you think I'm the immature one ... go figure).

I'm also not sure the Brazilian team has impressed more then the Portuguese one. Their 2nd match wasn't that uber. e.g. Fabiano scored a goal with twice touching the ball with his hand, yeah that's class. Especially if afterwards he actually BELIEVES the goal is justified. I mean, he got the same level of intelligence then you, it's pathetic.

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 09:09   #187
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So you're predicting that one of the top 4 favourites (excluding brazil) will win the world cup? Thats a mighty risky prediction!
Well, looking at the WC so far ... it might indeed be risky as only Argentina managed to impress in both their games

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 09:17   #188
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I don't realy think they failed to impress - more like they just failed to convert. Lack of Buffon and Pirlo is a bit of a blow, and even if they'd qualify, I think Buffon's absense is of such a great impact in both quality and confidence that they'll probably not make it.

That said, Azurri's been about as garbage as the English, but it's good to have the French seizing the weakest team prize by a mile. But then again, it wouldn't be the first World Cup to be won by a team that fails to impress in group stages.

Brazil on the other hand (or two hands, in case of Luis Fabiano) has been strong.
Well, I'm sure losing Buffon is a blow and the lack of Pirlo is aswell. But regardless, Italy plays with little spirit and dedication (not as bad as e.g. France though). I really hope they'll fail to get through this stage, allthough I think they will.

Quote:
I think Elano would be a bigger blow. He plays very well with Maicon on his side, and it's been the side a lot of the dangerous Brazil attacks have been launched from. Kaka's dismissal was just and I believe he should've sent off the previous foul already, and I don't know if he's been that instrumental - although I can't understand who is going to take his place in the formation, Julio Baptista? Ramires will surely step in for Elano.

If they can get off with Luis Fabiano catching balls with both his arms they're definitely going to make it to the final.
Yeah, that's just a huge screw-up by the referee tbh. Similar as in the Spain vs Honduras game yesterday. Villa should have been sent off for that elbow. allthough his first goal was a beautie. Spain was also decent. The match against Chili will be difficult.

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 12:22   #189
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Well, looking at the WC so far ... it might indeed be risky as only Argentina managed to impress in both their games
i heard Greece would be winning against Argentina 3:0
while South Korea manages to win against Nigeria 4:0

1. South Korea 6p +3
2. Greece 6p +2
3. Argentina 6p +1
4. Nigeria 0p -6

now that would be fun

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 12:36   #190
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i heard Greece would be winning against Argentina 3:0
while South Korea manages to win against Nigeria 4:0

1. South Korea 6p +3
2. Greece 6p +2
3. Argentina 6p +1
4. Nigeria 0p -6

now that would be fun
Yeah, and Maradona will most likely blame it on either Pele or Platini

On a more serious note, Argentina is gonna play with a "B team". Higuain and Tevez can rest, Milito and Aguero can start. I bet most countries would sign for the backup strikers of Argentina

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 12:49   #191
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still confident that either Spain or Brazil will win it.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 12:51   #192
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I'm still confident that either Spain or Brazil will win it.
Chances are Brazil will meet Spain in the 1/16th final.

I hope Spain will cap this WC title, but my bet would be on Argentina still.

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 12:59   #193
isildurx

Well, it all depends how much Switzerland beat Honduras, as I am confident that Spain will beat Chile.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:08   #194
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Well, it all depends how much Switzerland beat Honduras, as I am confident that Spain will beat Chile.
Don't say that, I want Chile to make it through.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:23   #195
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Perfect scenario would be for Spain to beat Chili and for Zwitserland to draw against Honduras

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Jun 2010, 08:34   #196
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

I'm so glad those arrogant French wankers are going home & having totally disgraced themself & their nation.
I kinda understand the french team though, I wouldn't want to play for a complete wanker like Domenech either.

Worst part was Domenech refusing to shake the hand of Parreira...
Parreira is a ****ing legend, having coached teams at 6 world cups and winning one with Brazil in 1994.
Domenech isn't even a good enough coach to be allowed to tie Parreira's shoes...

Au revoir les (petit) bleus!

Unread 23 Jun 2010, 08:54   #197
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I'm so glad those arrogant French wankers are going home & having totally disgraced themself & their nation.
I kinda understand the french team though, I wouldn't want to play for a complete wanker like Domenech either.

Worst part was Domenech refusing to shake the hand of Parreira...
Parreira is a ****ing legend, having coached teams at 6 world cups and winning one with Brazil in 1994.
Domenech isn't even a good enough coach to be allowed to tie Parreira's shoes...

Au revoir les (petit) bleus!
I agree, I'm also very glad France got humiliated(1 draw, 2 defeats). Domenech should have been fired after Euro 2008 where France failed to impress aswell.

But blaming everything on the coach is abit far fetched aswell. There isn't a single country out there with such spoiled and arrogant players playing for the national team. There is no "team". They don't work for eachother and only care about their own image.

Sending Anelka home was wrong. Ok, what he said should be penalized but sending him home? Isn't it their job to make sure things like this get solved INTERNALLY? Someone had a profit with spilling this to the press, that's just pathetic really.

Shame Nigeria didn't win. They had several clear opportunities which they wasted, it's a shame really.

Also Greece was horrible to watch. I'm glad Argentina managed to break down the wall of defense.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Jun 2010, 17:52   #198
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

ENGLAND

BEWARE

OF THE GERMAN PANZERS

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 19:16   #199
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Chili
Chili?

http://completelysmitten.files.wordp...li_peppers.jpg
Unread 24 Jun 2010, 09:13   #200
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
And you blame me for picking on you for spelling (while I added the obvious smiley in the reply, to indicate I was joking) ...

I meant Chile ofcourse, but you knew that.

Looking forward to England vs Germany. I hope England wins but I'm afraid Germany will take the win.

Also a shame Serbia didn't get that penalty for obvious hands (eventhough not deliberatly, it did change the trajectory of the ball).

FA Gaming community