User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 May 2009, 01:36   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I d be interested in holding your hand JBG!
The only way I'd consider co-operating with your alliance is if you get a new name sorry wish

PS Nestorn, your post seems fairly reasonable. However it doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with what kila was saying?
Unread 15 May 2009, 01:58   #102
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The only way I'd consider co-operating with your alliance is if you get a new name sorry wish

PS Nestorn, your post seems fairly reasonable. However it doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with what kila was saying?
Hey man, congrats on the 100th reply on this thread!
Unread 15 May 2009, 02:08   #103
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post

Where are you getting your "info" from? it's retardedly flawed. We started the round with no NAPs or "alliances". Currently we are only NAPed to rock. We haven't, at any point, had an alliance/NAP with xvx. Please stop talking rubbish, you'll end up looking like a moron.

As for our members, we currently have 126 in Munin. How many of those are playing actively playing I don't know/care but we have a fair few Lok-type planets. Nowhere near 150.

Even if we did have an alliance with xvx, why would we break it? are you really telling us that in our situation where we have half of the universe is targetting us, the way forward is to go and attack the biggest alliance that isn't hitting us? It's a wonder that Insomnia never won a round with brains like yours pulling the strings!
http://dump.no/files/a63b9b7ffc64/Ny_Tekstdokument.txt

Uploaded it rather, so Achilles doesnt have to scorll

Edit: The NAP/Alliance with xVx is the reason for all these incs, aswell as the support planets(This is not illegal and is a valid tactic, I just dont see why you'd wanna use it in the curent universe)

And what the hell does this have to do with Insomnia? No wonder noone likes you Kila

Retired

Last edited by Jonas; 15 May 2009 at 02:47.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 02:15   #104
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah. I can see how from our conversation where I don't say we're napped or allied to xvx you'd assume we're napped or allied to xvx.
Unread 15 May 2009, 02:16   #105
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Jesus ****ing Christ how many posts do you need to have before you learn not to spam shit like that? Every single user wanting to read any reply after yours now has to scroll down the full length of it every single time. And it's not that interesting man. No offence JBG

www.pastebin.com
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 02:32   #106
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

i heard TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG are planning a merge with Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 03:32   #107
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. I can see how from our conversation where I don't say we're napped or allied to xvx you'd assume we're napped or allied to xvx.
[22:53] <JBG> as far as i know it was set up ages ago
[22:53] <JBG> before we even knew who else was playing or would be recruiting up to the limit
[22:54] <JBG> and once it sort of got out there that xvx was with us a lot of people applied to xvx

[23:14] <JBG> well, we can hardly go back on our word just because the alliance we agreed on something with recruited more because it became public they were friendly with us
[23:14] <JBG> last round xvx were the 6th ranked alliance
[23:14] <JBG> a tad different

[23:15] <JBG> as far as i know it was sorted before we knew cardi was actually moving

hmm :/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 03:47   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

It wasn't a nap or an alliance. As people have repeatedly stated on here to the point where I'm thinking you must be blind. As far as I'm aware it was an agreement to potentially have an agreement later on the round as regarding avoiding each other's main galaxies. Jesus ****ing christ it's the end of all things. I mean feel free to correct me here but didn't all the bgs sort some sort of deal pre-round which ended up with a shared bg channel or something? Just in case your addition skills are somewhat lacking that's not exactly from a much different ballpark in terms of overall numbers.
Unread 15 May 2009, 05:36   #109
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

what i was trying to get through with, which maybe didnt seem so clear after all, was that the asc haters dont have any reason to whine atm. Its going decent for us, were pestering asc pretty good atm. So ill save the whine and cheese for later on!

Edit: Can someone give me a summary of what jonas is talking about btw? Cause his wall of text crits me so badly

Last edited by Nestorn; 15 May 2009 at 05:52.
Nestorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 07:05   #110
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Asc and xVx havent been nap'd all round.

You can quote all the text you want but xVx has hit afew Asc planets, infact i think the first night of the block.. Asc got more incs from xVx than from ND/CT Also, Asc has hit quiet afew xVx planets.

Its been said multiple times, xVx isnt targetting Asc but xVx arnt avoiding Asc either.

Someone from Asc just post the total incomings from each alliance thing from Munin Would be interesting to see which alliances are attacking you the most lol.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 07:12   #111
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would love to, but no dice.

<@mz> ~surprisesex alliance
-Munin- No fleets found targeting alliance Noobs Alliance
<@mz> what
<@mz> ~surprisesex toot
-Munin- No fleets found targeting alliance TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG
<@mz> ~surprisesex tootthealliance
-Munin- No alliance matching 'tootthealliance' found
<@mz> seriously
<@mz> what do I have to do around here to make that work
<@Londo> no one knows
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 07:31   #112
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just put this clear RIGHT NOW. I was one of the two people in Asc who talked to Rock\Xvx before this round and what we discussed was pretty much this:

We would have no agreements at the start of the round but we would meet again around tick 200. We did not want to limit our targets in any way the first 7-10 days, i mean intel the first week tends to be fairly scetchy etc, and it would simply be less hassle this way(which is good!).
Around tick 200 we met again and Asc and XvX agreed on avoiding eachothers core gals(i think it was the 4+ members or something).
We also met with Rock, and due to having such a great relationship with them from previous rounds, and due to the fact that we would like to continue this relationship(and we were also aware of the fact that a block were forming) we decided to NAP Rock. A NAP that is still in place.

We have coordinated with Rock and Xvx on some nights in order to better target other alliances and up the coverage, but this has not really been a regular thing.

If anyone still do not understand the relationships that currently exist between Asc - Rock and Asc-Xvx then feel free to contact me!
Unread 15 May 2009, 08:53   #113
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Around tick 200 we met again and Asc and XvX agreed on avoiding eachothers core gals(i think it was the 4+ members or something).
and considering just how many galaxies there are containing 4 or more ascendancy members, this may aswell be a NAP

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 10:09   #114
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Is everyone triying to cause a mass ascendancy rage enhanced emoquit? Have I foiled the plan.
Unread 15 May 2009, 11:07   #115
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

As for our members, we currently have 126 in Munin. How many of those are playing actively playing I don't know/care but we have a fair few Lok-type planets. Nowhere near 150.
Oh dear Kila, Ascendancy player's should really ban you from posting. Thanks for declaring you have a 'fair 'few' support planets, i.e. 126-90 = 36.. Considering the fact Lok wakes up at 5/6, GMT, great time for PA. Comes online, sends def, then can be sms'd when to recall and resend, if you have a few of these decent players, it's going to be very beneficial to your alliance.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 11:15   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No one ever denied we have more than 90 members. If I remember correctly we had 118 at round start, now we have 126, as Kila said. In about 20 ticks I can tell you how many of the out of tag planets have a serious impact (defined as having more value than me), I'm in the process of merging my one-planet-tag with TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG. As far as Lokken is concerned, with 760k value he was a bad example, detracting nothing from the actual point.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 11:31   #117
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

In a tight contest any impact can be serious.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 12:05   #118
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Oh dear Kila, Ascendancy player's should really ban you from posting. Thanks for declaring you have a 'fair 'few' support planets, i.e. 126-90 = 36.. Considering the fact Lok wakes up at 5/6, GMT, great time for PA. Comes online, sends def, then can be sms'd when to recall and resend, if you have a few of these decent players, it's going to be very beneficial to your alliance.
No one has done this so far this round. I'm busy with other things, so while I am sitting on 200k phoenix, I'm not really up for the 5am tick, and no one has bothered me on the 6am tick. Potentially, I'm absolute dynamite for Ascendancy, but situations dictate that I'm not.

At the moment "Lok type planet" means does pretty much **** all, saves the day occasionally and comes into #ascendancy where my main contribution is the vast array of semi-witty putdowns that I have at my disposal.

If it was last round it would be different - but this round for a number of reasons I really don't give a toss, because as far as I'm concerned after last round the work is pretty much done for Ascendancy. I'd like us to win constantly but I think we'd be better served focussing on a solid group of 90 and taking a rest rather than bloating and winning in a really shit fashion. However, I don't make decisions for Ascendancy, so I just go with the flow, okay?
Unread 15 May 2009, 12:45   #119
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

The fact is, when Ascendancy need you, i.e. this round they probably dont if it's really easy for them, you will be there with all of your similar planets (Kila et al, 2009) to support Ascendancy can really giving a massive advantage making the use of all of those support planets useful and efficent, something which none of the other alliances can do.

Unread 15 May 2009, 13:27   #120
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Someone from Asc just post the total incomings from each alliance thing from Munin Would be interesting to see which alliances are attacking you the most lol.
Munin Top attackers on alliance TOOT THE ALLIANCE are (total: 2187) Newdawn - 395 | Evolution - 286 | DLR - 217 | Insomnia - 183 | Conspiracy - 163 | Wafhh - 127 | XVX - 97 | Vengeance - 88 | F-Crew - 75 | Howling Rain - 71

Not sure exactly how accurate it is, given the reporting, but it's what's in Munin anyway.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 13:34   #121
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The fact is, when Ascendancy need you, i.e. this round they probably dont if it's really easy for them, you will be there with all of your similar planets (Kila et al, 2009) to support Ascendancy can really giving a massive advantage making the use of all of those support planets useful and efficent, something which none of the other alliances can do.
If Ascendancy really needed me, I'd be in tag.
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:00   #122
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

So, to summarize what i see in Sandman from tick 450 to now.

Asc looses 500ish roids that tick. Then targetted the ally that's most hostile that night, that ally slowed down on growth. Then tonight, targetted the most hostile again (a different ally), that ally is now -6% this tick. The block continues to pound them the past 2 nights.

All that, while Asc manages to still grow quite fairly. While xVx is being king-maked by the block - who is actually roiding the bottom dweller of the block.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:09   #123
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

who ever said we were king making xvx?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:14   #124
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Yes I wonder how long it will take before people just ignore Asc and switch to hit xVx. As terrible and evil as Asc is, xVx might be worse atm :P
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:49   #125
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
And what the hell does this have to do with Insomnia? No wonder noone likes you Kila
Because you just told Ascendancy that they should, instead of fighting the block that is hitting them, turn around and hit the biggest alliance that isn't hitting them. Idiotic politics like this is why insomnia sucks man (round 17 anyone?). Stupid shit like this doesn't win you rounds man, it makes you a ****ing failure. See: Angels, CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
At the moment "Lok type planet" means does pretty much **** all, saves the day occasionally and comes into #ascendancy where my main contribution is the vast array of semi-witty putdowns that I have at my disposal.
This is pretty much what I had in mind

Quote:
Actually the only time I called Lok for defence, I called 12 times in 20 minutes and he didn't get online

Last edited by lokken; 15 May 2009 at 16:03.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:54   #126
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Well its a fun war atm :P

What is a wargame without a good war?
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:58   #127
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Munin Top attackers on alliance TOOT THE ALLIANCE are (total: 2187) Newdawn - 395 | Evolution - 286 | DLR - 217 | Insomnia - 183 | Conspiracy - 163 | Wafhh - 127 | XVX - 97 | Vengeance - 88 | F-Crew - 75 | Howling Rain - 71

Not sure exactly how accurate it is, given the reporting, but it's what's in Munin anyway.
to be fair its not.

My gal dont even parse our incs to munin heh
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 15:59   #128
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
That made me hurt inside man

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 16:02   #129
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
All that, while Asc manages to still grow quite fairly.

can someone confirm how many players have been swapped in and out of tag during this time? I imagine that having 30 extra players to switch in/out of tag after the nights with heavy incs would help hide the real negative growth?

(please don't insult us by saying you only have useless/small planets out of tag. anything over 500k value counts as useful/semi-active imo)
Unread 15 May 2009, 16:19   #130
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
can someone confirm how many players have been swapped in and out of tag during this time? I imagine that having 30 extra players to switch in/out of tag after the nights with heavy incs would help hide the real negative growth?

(please don't insult us by saying you only have useless/small planets out of tag. anything over 500k value counts as useful/semi-active imo)
391 Mon May 11 02:30:47 2009 Joined

This is the last time a member has been added to tag.

There is a lot less(if any) swapping going on than is being made out
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 17:32   #131
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Right, now youre just fumbling around in the dark to try and accuse us of something, as Tearz said, there is no swapping going on, though maybe there should be?

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 17:34   #132
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Actually the only time I called Lok for defence, I called 12 times in 20 minutes and he didn't get online
You complete and utter fool. You called 12 times in 20 minutes? The concept and idea of actually dialling planets to defend you is not the annoy the hell out of them to the verge of suicide, waking a man up like that! No wonder he didn't get online. Kila at times you act like an old grumpy, has-been pensioner. At other times you act like a selfish moron of a child with too much attention as a child and possibly being brought up as an only child given everything that you desired.

Unread 15 May 2009, 17:41   #133
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Wow, look at CBA bust out the AS level psychology.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 18:30   #134
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
You complete and utter fool. You called 12 times in 20 minutes? The concept and idea of actually dialling planets to defend you is not the annoy the hell out of them to the verge of suicide, waking a man up like that! No wonder he didn't get online. Kila at times you act like an old grumpy, has-been pensioner. At other times you act like a selfish moron of a child with too much attention as a child and possibly being brought up as an only child given everything that you desired.
Wait. The reason I didn't respond was because it was in the middle of the night, I'd had a shit day and left my phone downstairs.

But okay lay into kila all you want. It's getting pretty annoying that people want to split hairs about how I defend out of tag and when and how people SMS me. Perhaps you would like me to document it to all of you on the forum?
Unread 15 May 2009, 18:55   #135
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Lokken,

PA has got 1000 planets who are at least frequently logging in. If you don't see anything wrong in creating a 200 or 300 people alliance (20% of the playerbase or more), then I must have overestimated your intelligence.
When are you going to stop? When everyone has joined asc?

You'll reach 400 people tops, because by then everyone else will have buggered off and you can play against the dead planets and noobs who don't have a clue what they are doing.
On the positive side, then you can all reach 10000 roids and you don't even have to stay awake anymore to defend because everyone is allied.

Have you given this a thought before Lokken? Do you agree it would make the game more interresting if Asc (or any other alliance) didn't recruit above the tag limit, allowing the remaining active people to fill up the tags of other alliances?
If not, can you explain to me why not?
Or do you just not give a ****? I would find that hard to believe for someone who's been playing the same game for 8 years.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 19:02   #136
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Wait. The reason I didn't respond was because it was in the middle of the night, I'd had a shit day and left my phone downstairs.

But okay lay into kila all you want. It's getting pretty annoying that people want to split hairs about how I defend out of tag and when and how people SMS me. Perhaps you would like me to document it to all of you on the forum?
It would be interesting to say the least!

Unread 15 May 2009, 19:03   #137
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly View Post
Wow, look at CBA bust out the AS level psychology.
A true insult!

Unread 15 May 2009, 19:08   #138
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
So, to summarize what i see in Sandman from tick 450 to now.

Asc looses 500ish roids that tick. Then targetted the ally that's most hostile that night, that ally slowed down on growth. Then tonight, targetted the most hostile again (a different ally), that ally is now -6% this tick. The block continues to pound them the past 2 nights.

All that, while Asc manages to still grow quite fairly. While xVx is being king-maked by the block - who is actually roiding the bottom dweller of the block.
That's more or less what's happening, yeah.
Unread 15 May 2009, 19:33   #139
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Seriously, at the moment we have 126 planets. We started the round with 118. So we recruited 8 people in the course of 4 weeks (we have probably recruited more and kicked a few, but either way it's a growth of 2 players per week). At that rate it'll take us about 37 weeks to become 200 people, without taking into consideration that the more people we get, the less people we want to recruit, and the less people who want to join us, are actually out there. I also know that quite a few people DO NOT want to recruit anymore, unless some very special cases show up (returning players, previous asc members and probably a couple of other community members). So most likely as more people join, more members will feel that we're gonna have to limit recruitment.

So how about for the moment we focus on how a ~130 member alliance is going to affect the game and worry about a 200 member one if that actually ever happens. Either way, I'm sure most asc members are completely aware of what the consequences would be. What people disagree on is whether or not it's our fault for recruiting so high or everyone else's fault for not trying to fill up tags (and more) and play in small BG-sized alliances instead.

EDIT: Actually we have 125 now.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 19:37   #140
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim View Post
Lokken,

PA has got 1000 planets who are at least frequently logging in. If you don't see anything wrong in creating a 200 or 300 people alliance (20% of the playerbase or more), then I must have overestimated your intelligence.
When are you going to stop? When everyone has joined asc?
Not at all. All I've said is that if we can find the right people who want to join we should recruit them. Whether we have the right people is an entirely different question but as this is an issue where my opinion is currently worth 62 carebears, I'd suggest there are more carebears that think different.

Quote:
You'll reach 400 people tops, because by then everyone else will have buggered off and you can play against the dead planets and noobs who don't have a clue what they are doing. On the positive side, then you can all reach 10000 roids and you don't even have to stay awake anymore to defend because everyone is allied.
No we won't. There would almost certainly be a mass kick by that stage, or people would have stopped recruiting.

Quote:
Have you given this a thought before Lokken? Do you agree it would make the game more interresting if Asc (or any other alliance) didn't recruit above the tag limit, allowing the remaining active people to fill up the tags of other alliances?
Or do you just not give a ****? I would find that hard to believe for someone who's been playing the same game for 8 years.
I have repeatedly stated on several occasions that Ascendancy would be better off playing differently but if we recruit as I have said above I do not see that as 'bad' merely the nature of things. But really, why should I join another alliance, being one over the 90?

The fault for this problem lies not at Ascendancy's door but simply because other alliances are being run terribly. If you improve your benefits - you maintain retention and improve attraction into your organisation.

xVx offered LDK a fantastic package to join up with them, letting them in unconditionally as a group. Ascendancy couldn't match it, so they went to xVx (much to my own annoyance). Do you see?
Unread 15 May 2009, 19:44   #141
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I heard that some of the BG's might be running on a system not so far removed from ascs; only time will tell if they pick up popularity from it.

However having spent my time trying to get out of the conventional alliance system; I wouldnt leave Asc unless kicked
Unread 15 May 2009, 20:38   #142
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
The fault for this problem lies not at Ascendancy's door but simply because other alliances are being run terribly. If you improve your benefits - you maintain retention and improve attraction into your organisation.
Ok, the problem is that all alliances except ascendancy are run by morons. Good thing we got that one solved.
Thanks for your consideration and wise input.
Could you at least answer to the question I asked you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
Do you agree it would make the game more interresting if Asc (or any other alliance) didn't recruit above the tag limit, allowing the remaining active people to fill up the tags of other alliances?
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)

Last edited by Riddim; 15 May 2009 at 20:47.
Unread 15 May 2009, 20:57   #143
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Do you agree it would make the game more interresting if Asc (or any other alliance) didn't recruit above the tag limit, allowing the remaining active people to fill up the tags of other alliances?
Obviously I'm not lokken, but i'll give my own opinion anyway!

Yes, it would most certainly be more interesting if there were more alliances out there of approximately the same size. HOWEVER, ascendancy hasn't done anything to stop other people from recruiting to the same size we have. There's enough 'good' people out there to fill up (and more) atleast another 2-3 tags out there, however, people have chosen to play in smaller tags instead. Hypothetically, I'm totally fine with this, and wouldn't mind tag limits being smaller and asc not recruiting over the tag limit. However, it would probably mean that myself, and other people like me, would simply quit the game because we couldn't play with asc, and wouldn't feel at home anywhere else.

So in conclusion, I don't believe ascendancy is solely to blame for the current situation. Everyone has the possiblity to build an alliance with just as many, if not even more, planets as us.

Unread 15 May 2009, 21:08   #144
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
So in conclusion, I don't believe ascendancy is solely to blame for the current situation. Everyone has the possiblity to build an alliance with just as many, if not even more, planets as us.
Asc isn't solely to blaim but the playerbase hasn't significantly changed since round 20 or even longer if I'm not mistaken so saying there are enough people out there isn't really realistic, Im sorry.
On the other hand I'm glad you agree it would be a lot more interesting.
Asc doesn't attract all those new players because it is PA paradise, it does because a lot of players seek certainty in PA , they like their planet to get big and they like it to stay big till the end. Every round asc wins it will attract more peeps and it's not because of your good looks.
Unread 15 May 2009, 21:18   #145
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You'll reach 400 people tops, because by then everyone else will have buggered off and you can play against the dead planets and noobs who don't have a clue what they are doing.
On the positive side, then you can all reach 10000 roids and you don't even have to stay awake anymore to defend because everyone is allied.
If that stops the bullshit posts on AD, then go for it!
Unread 15 May 2009, 21:34   #146
Linkie
fanboy

Quote:
Asc isn't solely to blaim but the playerbase hasn't significantly changed since round 20 or even longer if I'm not mistaken so saying there are enough people out there isn't really realistic, Im sorry.
So what if the playerbase hasn't changed? There's still enough people out there to fill several tags.

Unread 15 May 2009, 21:47   #147
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Were you my gc in r8 riddim? Or am i thinking of someone else who, when I asked for a favour to recall an attack off my best mate, made me escort him for weeks 'ruining' my round If it is you, everyone should ignore you for being a morally corrupt dick :'(
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 23:59   #148
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Ok, the problem is that all alliances except ascendancy are run by morons. Good thing we got that one solved.
Thanks for your consideration and wise input.
If you look carefully I said 'other' not 'everyone' and gave an example of how another alliance recruited people away from Ascendancy.

Quote:
Could you at least answer to the question I asked you?
I've already stated that I would prefer Ascendancy to play in a less formal fashion this round (on three occasions in this thread no less, I suggest you read them) purely for our own benefit and entertainment. In that situation it wouldn't be about 90 players, it would probably be more about 50 or 60. Due to circumstances beyond my control, it's not that way.

Things would be more 'fun' if the game was more competitive and alliances actually ran as alliances out to win a round rather than for planet ranks and to contain Ascendancy from strip mining the universe. Last round was competitive because Ascendancy were challenged and put through the mill on several occasions. This round they're not.

The level of 'fun' has nothing to do with how many people we recruit, because we could recruit 20 or 30 more and still be outnumbered (I don't think that would happen and I wouldn't want it to). Admittedly, that force is pretty fragmented but I'm not sure what we can do about that. If these 'battlegroups' intend to use this round to 'grow' then Ascendancy playing for a really shit victory is pretty much a waste of time. Which is pretty much why I'd prefer things to be different.

As for why those people over the limit shouldn't join those alliances - I doubt they'd want to, given that they chose to come to Ascendancy. So it wouldn't be fun for them I guess. We can't really tell people who are good enough and want to join us to play for other alliances because it's 'fair'.

To directly address your question then - No, for the reasons above. As far as I'm concerned I question why we play even vaguely seriously at all, I guess some people like winning, however worthless it would be. If you think the key factor is recruitment, I think you are entirely missing the point.
Unread 16 May 2009, 00:14   #149
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Were you my gc in r8 riddim? Or am i thinking of someone else who, when I asked for a favour to recall an attack off my best mate, made me escort him for weeks 'ruining' my round If it is you, everyone should ignore you for being a morally corrupt dick :'(
eh?
Unread 16 May 2009, 00:21   #150
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
To directly address your question then - No, for the reasons above. As far as I'm concerned I question why we play even vaguely seriously at all, I guess some people like winning, however worthless it would be. If you think the key factor is recruitment, I think you are entirely missing the point.
The reasons above don't explain what I asked you, but don't mind, I don't have the time to try and talk sense in to you lot. It would be like talking to a brick wall which is, as we all know, pretty senseless.
I tried.