User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Apr 2009, 00:47   #51
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I got it right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CP- View Post
If we are to be completely honest there has not been one single point in this round that I didn't believe Asc would win. Seriously.

At tick -72 (minus): We will simply have to outlast them while maintaining value and being persistent buggers.

At tick 1500: We outlasted them as we planned and we just never, ever let our guard down.

I'd say we played this round planet wise et cetera nearly perfectly. Also, we did not 'backstab' anyone or betrayed any arrangements. Near perfect.

And others are realising that as well and are congratulating us, but the biggest compliment we could get if someone tried to imitate us. Like DLR did, but on a grander schale.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 01:37   #52
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Lol i find this pathetic. 500 ticks ago Asc was screaming rape, now theyre strutting around with their chests puffed out.

Gloating over victory that noone had the balls to call, how very brave of you.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 1 Apr 2009 at 01:55.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 01:41   #53
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
We all called it. Lok and mz said we'd have to work for it, but didn't say we wouldn't get it. Jester even posted claiming that we'd definitely win...
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 01:50   #54
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Lol i find this pathetic. 500 ticks ago noone in Asc was screaming rape, now theyre strutting around with their chests puffed out.

not screaming 'we've won' at tick 1000 while it lasts 1600 ticks is part of the 'not letting your guard down'.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 02:32   #55
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

My general point is, i find it a bit rich, that many (not all) of you are patting yourselves on the back, beating your chests, while for most of the round, these same people didnt have the strength in their own convictions, to do the same thing, when they where 50 mil behind.

Jumping on top of a girl and screaming SURPRISE SEX is great, but imo, is not as skilled, or satisfying, as doing a woman hard and slowly, whether she likes it or not.

Weve all read the posts on these forums over the space of this round, so we know the story. Im not expecting you guys to agree, and i dont blame you.

Asc has won, and won well. Im not trying to take anything away from their victory, as its the best round win ive seen since returning to PA. Allthough, i believe, as good as this victory was, i dont think its as good as it could have been, while gloating on the forums does nothing but cheapen it.

Thats my 2 cents, and ive told you why, you dont have to agree. Take it or leave it.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 11:26   #56
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Jumping on top of a girl and screaming SURPRISE SEX is great, but imo, is not as skilled, or satisfying, as doing a woman hard and slowly, whether she likes it or not.
You are actually advocating rape here ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 13:06   #57
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
My general point is, i find it a bit rich, that many (not all) of you are patting yourselves on the back, beating your chests, while for most of the round, these same people didnt have the strength in their own convictions, to do the same thing, when they where 50 mil behind.
Asc has won, and won well. Im not trying to take anything away from their victory, as its the best round win ive seen since returning to PA.
Let me get this right, you're saying this is the greatest victory of PA you've seen, but you're criticising the victors for being proud of their hard work? Furthermore, as Theam said, no-one (or at least very very few) in Ascendancy ever said they wouldn't win. There were various degrees of confidence shown, many believing that Ascendancy had its work cut out, some not so concerned by it.

Overcoming a 50m deficit in two weeks looked like no small task at the time, so I hope you'll excuse people for being a bit reserved at the time. And yes, that 50m went in less than a week, and yes NewDawn made it easier than it should have been, but let's not take away from the brilliant DCing of all those involved.

So yes, at the time people were confident although wary that it would not be easy. Now people are proud of overcoming the task that was ahead of them, combined with - to use your words - "the best round win", what's wrong with being proud of that? Take into account all the epic crashing there's been and I think there's reason enough for Ascendancy to be laughing on its throne.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 13:36   #58
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Lol i find this pathetic. 500 ticks ago Asc was screaming rape, now theyre strutting around with their chests puffed out.

I know it might be considered rude and evil of me, but I am fairly certain you don't really find it pathetic. From what I have read in here, you are not that stupid. You are very able to distinguish between politics and "screaming rape." Let me clarify that what I say in here, as well as any other place is just my own humble opinion, and I am not representing anyone but myself.

And.. in my opinion what was said and done in here, does not mean that Asc lost any kind of hope or ever thought the round was lost. But I admit there were times when 3 fleeting def several times a day was frustrating. It is not how I like to play, and I think that maybe you would feel the same.

I am also quite sure that you are able to separate gloating, from basically just being happy for having done well in a round that was at times, very hard. Is it wrong to express joy over a win that has taken many sleepless nights, a lot of hard work, and a lot of frustration? Would you not do the same?

I am sure you feel that you have made some kind of contribution in here by basically being pro Asc-bashing as much as you could. All I can say is that I doubt that anything you did or could have done would have made any part of this war act in a different way. It is just not the way things work, once again in my humble opinion.

On the other hand. I thank you for doing your best to get life into AD and contributing to many a good thread this round.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 13:40   #59
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

replace that '3 fleet defending a day' to '6 fleet defending a day' because we had some brilliant calling/sms'ing and recalcing going on.

In other words, our fleet efficiency was just sick.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:01   #60
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Let me get this right, you're saying this is the greatest victory of PA you've seen, but you're criticising the victors for being proud of their hard work? Furthermore, as Theam said, no-one (or at least very very few) in Ascendancy ever said they wouldn't win. There were various degrees of confidence shown, many believing that Ascendancy had its work cut out, some not so concerned by it.

Overcoming a 50m deficit in two weeks looked like no small task at the time, so I hope you'll excuse people for being a bit reserved at the time. And yes, that 50m went in less than a week, and yes NewDawn made it easier than it should have been, but let's not take away from the brilliant DCing of all those involved.

So yes, at the time people were confident although wary that it would not be easy. Now people are proud of overcoming the task that was ahead of them, combined with - to use your words - "the best round win", what's wrong with being proud of that? Take into account all the epic crashing there's been and I think there's reason enough for Ascendancy to be laughing on its throne.
Firstly, im not criticising Asc for being proud of their work. They have every right to be, i myself have acknowledged that. What i am criticising is what goes beyond pride, to the point of arrogance. If you dont see it the same way, delicious, but i am not alone with this view.

Imo, another one of the facets that elevates someone from being "good" to "really good" or even "great" is their humility in both victory and defeat. I am of the opinion that alot of Asc havent shown this characteristic.

"The best round win" doesnt necesserily mean Asc played the round perfect, or even close to perfect. Imo Asc battled the round out, they kept on fighting till they had outlasted their enemy mentally and eventually militairily. At which point they folded as i said before, like a retard in an orogami class.

At no point do i feel Asc dominated the round, or their enemy, and im sure most of you would agree. That alone, imo, makes the back patting somewhat disproportional. If you feel otherwise, by all means, thats great.

Forgive me for incorrectly evaluating the forums over the past 2 months, but i am reasonably sure that, on these forums the vast vast majority had rated their odds of winning as slim. I honestly do not think you can argue with this. While i have no doubt that internally some of Asc's members may have been confident of victory, they sure as shit, didnt, or even want to, convey such confidence on these forums. I am not arguing that your members didnt believe victory wasnt probable, what i am arguing is, that you didnt have the strength in your convictions to show it on these forums, and as a result, you shouldnt be able to celebrate to the extent as if you had done so.

Ultimately, i believe the win Asc have achieved this round, which was quite classy in many regards, is being cheapened by egotistical flattery. Do yourselves a favour, and let the community compliment you, not your own members.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:04   #61
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

As the whole policy of every alliance seem to have been the myopic 'lets hit whoever appears to be winning today', it would have been a bit silly to keep screaming from tick 72 onward (or 500, whatever you like) 'WE ARE ASCENDANCY, YOU CANNOT DEFEAT US, WE WILL WIN'.

What we've always stated is that we have a chance and that we were trying to take that chance. And we did.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:12   #62
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Firstly, im not criticising Asc for being proud of their work. They have every right to be, i myself have acknowledged that. What i am criticising is what goes beyond pride, to the point of arrogance. If you dont see it the same way, delicious, but i am not alone with this view.

Imo, another one of the facets that elevates someone from being "good" to "really good" or even "great" is their humility in both victory and defeat. I am of the opinion that alot of Asc havent shown this characteristic.
What's the point in winning when you can't be an arrogant dick about it and rub it in your opponent's face? It's fun.

Quote:
At no point do i feel Asc dominated the round, or their enemy, and im sure most of you would agree. That alone, imo, makes the back patting somewhat disproportional. If you feel otherwise, by all means, thats great.
It's pretty hard to "dominate" 4 alliances, but I'd still call this dominating.

Quote:
Forgive me for incorrectly evaluating the forums over the past 2 months, but i am reasonably sure that, on these forums the vast vast majority had rated their odds of winning as slim. I honestly do not think you can argue with this. While i have no doubt that internally some of Asc's members may have been confident of victory, they sure as shit, didnt, or even want to, convey such confidence on these forums. I am not arguing that your members didnt believe victory wasnt probable, what i am arguing is, that you didnt have the strength in your convictions to show it on these forums, and as a result, you shouldnt be able to celebrate to the extent as if you had done so.
Again, the only people saying that our chances weren't so great were Lok and mz, the former claiming 20-25% (which isn't slim at all, considering there were 4 alliances competing) and the latter saying something about it being hard. There were people who claimed that if CT's lead were to be left alone they'd run away with it and we wouldn't win, which we still stand by, but they weren't allowed to run away.
You keep going on about people claiming that our chances were slim, please find me some of these posts as I don't recall many...
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:14   #63
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
As the whole policy of every alliance seem to have been the myopic 'lets hit whoever appears to be winning today', it would have been a bit silly to keep screaming from tick 72 onward (or 500, whatever you like) 'WE ARE ASCENDANCY, YOU CANNOT DEFEAT US, WE WILL WIN'.

What we've always stated is that we have a chance and that we were trying to take that chance. And we did.
Indd. It would have been silly. It would have made the it that much harder for Asc to win. I am of the view that id much rather win playing a rival's A game, than their B game.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:24   #64
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
What's the point in winning when you can't be an arrogant dick about it and rub it in your opponent's face? It's fun.
How one acts in victory and defeat says alot about their quality. One thing holding Asc back from being a champion alliance, is how its members handle these occasions. We allready know how they handle defeat: "If we cant win, well act like spolit brats AND FKN KILL YUO ALL." Please, try and show a little maturity when it rolls the other way.

Quote:
It's pretty hard to "dominate" 4 alliances, but I'd still call this dominating.
Unfortunately i cannot access sandmans, Please feel free to pass me the relevant details in PM.

Quote:
You keep going on about people claiming that our chances were slim, please find me some of these posts as I don't recall many...
RTFM.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:31   #65
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In hindsight, how could Ascendancy have been stopped?

Given the number of stupid crashes in every other alliance, could anything have been done?

I believe the final turning point was about a week or two before ND hit Asc, when ND and CT weren't able to sort out their differences and spent another 7-14 days hitting each other rather than going for Asc then. The extra roiding time and decreased morale ND/CT got probably doomed them to failure.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:35   #66
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
How one acts in victory and defeat says alot about their quality. One thing holding Asc back from being a champion alliance, is how its members handle these occasions. We allready know how they handle defeat: "If we cant win, well act like spolit brats AND FKN KILL YUO ALL." Please, try and show a little maturity when it rolls the other way.
Ascendancy have been playing PA for how many rounds now? 14? And after all those rounds, you still think there might be a drop of some maturity hiding somewhere in Ascendancy?
HAHAHAHA!
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:37   #67
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
How one acts in victory and defeat says alot about their quality. One thing holding Asc back from being a champion alliance, is how its members handle these occasions.
You're being stupid. We win, we're allowed to act how we want. If you don't want us to win and gloat, try harder to stop us winning in the future.
That said, I haven't even seen too much "ahahaha you're all shit" gloating so far. I've seen members being proud of what the alliance achieved (quite rightly so), but that's pretty far from the "Denial are shit" stuff I've seen over the past few rounds.

Quote:
We allready know how they handle defeat: "If we cant win, well act like spolit brats AND FKN KILL YUO ALL." Please, try and show a little maturity when it rolls the other way.
Right because when an alliance ruins our round by taking away our chances of winning, doing the same to them is immature and makes us spoilt brats? get over yourself man.

Quote:
Unfortunately i cannot access sandmans, Please feel free to pass me the relevant details in PM.
It's a graph comparing our score growth to ND's since the NAP was dropped. We quickly jumped ahead because our members knew that production should be released for wartime, whilst ND members didn't care and kept theirs hidden, releasing it slowly over the next week or so. Since then we've just increased our lead pretty quickly...

Quote:
RTFM.
If you can't provide evidence to back up your retarded allegations, don't make them.
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:39   #68
ellonweb

Quote:
In r28, Asc dominated. There was close to zero opposition then though.
It's impossible to have a decent opposition to fight with, and at the same time be able to dominate them, the terms are effectively exclusive.

You ought to redefine what you class as a "great victory" (or whatever you used to describe it, I cba to check).
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 15:56   #69
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
In hindsight, how could Ascendancy have been stopped?

Given the number of stupid crashes in every other alliance, could anything have been done?

I believe the final turning point was about a week or two before ND hit Asc, when ND and CT weren't able to sort out their differences and spent another 7-14 days hitting each other rather than going for Asc then. The extra roiding time and decreased morale ND/CT got probably doomed them to failure.
I'm going to go with the "not crashing" option here. The amount of salvage we got was simply ridiculous and went far above even what I had dared to dream of.

I believe the week(?) long nap we had with ND ultimately made very little difference. We gained some value (though the difference between tag scores stayed pretty much the same), but I can't recall us ever being seriously short on defence when they all came for us after the nap ended, so I think we would've made it without that extra value as well.

As for my predictions on these here forums:

At the beginning of the round, CT tried to keep the war between Omen and Ascendancy balanced. I posted that if they were to keep that up, then neither side would be in a good position to win. CT failed to do so, and as a result both alliances were back in the race.

After that, if I remember correctly, there was a fairly massive gangbang on Ascendancy planets and I said that if that'd continue, we would be unlikely to win the round. It did not, and as a result, we stayed in the race (though by no means sure of victory).

When the gangbang stopped, CT had napped most of the top5, and led most of them in hitting Ascendancy, which caused JBG to make his now famous post about not doing the dirty work for the likes of Omen and NewDawn. I must at this point have posted that it made no sense for Ascendancy to continue persuing this strategy as long as our chance to win was obstructed by other alliances. As a result, ND (Omen too?) backed down, which allowed us to continue to pursue CT, who by that point had a comfortable lead. Had we not been allowed to do so, we would have been out of the race, together with either ND or Omen (and possibly both).

I have to admit I am not entirely certain what happened next, but I think ND started attacking CT, first separately from Ascendancy, then together. ND and Ascendancy grew at the same pace, and with the time left in the round, I thought it unlikely but possible that Ascendancy would be able to overtake their significant score lead.

NewDawn ended the nap 2 weeks before round end, managed to get Omen, CT and Vengeance to "help" them. I felt that together, these alliances wouldn't have much trouble taking our roids (remembering a certain 7 alliance teamup in the past), and posted accordingly. Fortunately for us, ND/CT/Omen/VGN started a crashfest that I don't think anyone saw coming, least of all myself, having always held ND in higher regard than CT, and considering that CT had already had its share of crashes. We were literally propelled up the rankings until finally we were in such a position that I felt certain we would win (as opposed to could win).

Call me stupid, call me wrong, but at no point did I voice anything on here that I did not personally believe to be true. I don't lie.

(oh god wall of text)

[edit]Added Kila's first correction.
[edit2]Kila's second correction appears to be backed up by the data.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Apr 2009 at 21:07.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:01   #70
_Kila_
break it down!

CT NAPed the rest of the top 5 and initiated the gangbang, they didn't do it after everyone attacked us... They broke the NAP with us and did this after we went to war with Omen for the second time this round and took them down quite quickly.

And we took the #1 spot a few ticks after the NAP with ND broke, although CT/VGN/Omen had hit us the night before. (although ND would probably still have had the lead if their players didn't decide to hide prod in wartime)
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 16:48   #71
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Do I get another badge if ASC do win by 70 mil?
I'm waiting for another thread...
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 17:56   #72
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Right.

From my perspective, Wishmaster made a very good point earlier. Our inter-HC communication was shit, and did cause us some problems mid-round, mainly to do with Vlad going to Australia and doing things whilst I was asleep, and no message being passed onto me. So yes for about 2/3 ND HC's where doing different things.

Albeit, even after that, when we were indeed in front, and we decided to try and go toe to toe with ASC, we did this as we believed we had the support of the other top5 alliances. Which fair play to Omen mainly, they did support, and VGN certainly tried. And can't forget DLR.

But what really ****ed me over, was CT, coming into help one night, saying they where on-board if ND lead the way, and then next night, sayign they would hit where they wanted, and the gal they where goign to hit had more Omen + ND then ASC.

Despite this, we started to try, but there are two reasons we lost this round.

1) We crashed way too much...
2) ASC where better than us....

If anyone wants to know why we did what we did at any point in the round, then ask, and I will tell you if I made the decision.

After proving we weren't good enough this round, I will be stepping down and letting some new blood take over in ND HC, and see if they can stop the tradmark ND crashing in the end of the round.

But fair play to ASC, again the best ally.

But thanks to the allies that helped us out and stuck to there word.
Mainly DLR + Omen.
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 09:34   #73
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

[QU$€OTE=_Kila_;3169277]I'm waiting for another thread...[/quote]

I wont be posting another thread unless I get permission from Kenny since it seems he decides if someone is a valid thread starter.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 11:31   #74
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Defence in asc maybe terribly efficient, but their politics is up there with any of the greats in PA history and deserves a mention.

I wonder if next rd any ally will help asc at any point, and if the community sticks to this could asc could manage to make top 3.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 12:46   #75
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
Defence in asc maybe terribly efficient, but their politics is up there with any of the greats in PA history and deserves a mention.

I wonder if next rd any ally will help asc at any point, and if the community sticks to this could asc could manage to make top 3.
There would have to be some epicly DIRE HC's about. Allthough, things going the way they did this round, thats clearly not out of the question.

Bold, italic and underlined, you know who you are.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 13:59   #76
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
Fair enough your point is obviously that working with ascendancy is a complete no no for any alliance competing for the top spot. For the sake of the argument assume we all agree on this. What exactly does a non-contending alliance (and the largest number of alliances I've heard described as realistic contenders this round is four) have to lose by working with ascendancy.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:19   #77
[JungleMuffin]

Dignity.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:34   #78
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Please explain that jm . How does working with asc remove an alliances dignity , neither hirr or rock were ever going to be contenders for top 3 finish so why should they not be allowed nap with asc , they did what they believed to be in the best interest of their members
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:34   #79
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The USA is a world dominating Hegemon, half the world still works with it.
Granted Asc Hegemony is anything but benign, the fact hitler was nasty didnt stop ppl working with him tho.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:52   #80
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Dignity.
At least we don't treat our allies like dogs, unlike some alliances (not implying anyone specifically there).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:06   #81
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
At least we don't treat our allies like dogs, unlike some alliances (not implying anyone specifically there).
Are you guys actually taking this thread seriously? Cos i though its all been a piss take D:
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:06   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Dignity.
To be honest I go as far out of my way as I can to ensure that anyone working with us feels like they got a fair deal. Sure at times that won't happen but I'm always willing to try and fix a problem if one arises.

Quote:
Are you guys actually taking this thread seriously? Cos i though its all been a piss take D:
loltrolllol. **** off faggot.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:16   #83
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
To be honest I go as far out of my way as I can to ensure that anyone working with us feels like they got a fair deal. Sure at times that won't happen but I'm always willing to try and fix a problem if one arises.

loltrolllol. **** off faggot.
JBG, the rounds over man, you can lay off the politics.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:25   #84
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

He's being honest though, JM. Rock hasn't suffered from working with Asc - we've had less incs than we would've had if we'd not been NAP'd, taken part in joint attacks that benefited both alliances, and apart from one or two mixups got along fine. This whole "Ascendancy is evil" thing stems from the fact that a lot of people can't stand the fact that they keep winning, and not from actual evidence of actual evil. I wouldn't exactly go comparing JBG to Hitler, like someone did a few posts back.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:49   #85
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
JBG, the rounds over man, you can lay off the politics.
I wish you'd lay off posting your inane drivel all over these forums.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 15:57   #86
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
his whole "Ascendancy is evil" thing stems from the fact that a lot of people can't stand the fact that they keep winning, and not from actual evidence of actual evil.
isnt the fact ascendancy has RR|Away, bread| and kila enough proof of evidence of actual evil?

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly go comparing JBG to Hitler, like someone did a few posts back.
please compare wishmaster to hitler

such a comment would make this round worthwhile for him, despite omens humiliation.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 16:19   #87
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

the danger to an non competing ally is (i would suggest) the same fate of NoX, they maybe seen as the weak underbelly and attacked. there maybe others, i confess i hadnt rly thought about it.

having worked with both asc and ct this rd (before i stepped down as an ASS officer), the main disadvantage i saw was the massive reduction in targets (as our public cooperation was denied).

i wld think if any ally works as closely with asc next rd it may also be in secret.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 16:33   #88
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

gg Ascendancy
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 16:40   #89
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly go comparing JBG to Hitler, like someone did a few posts back.
I wasnt meaning to compare JBG to Hitler, I was just pointing out however bad ppl find asc, there are always collaborators and I was using the best example I could think of for somone who had plenty of collaborators but who was not very nice.

Obviously I could have compared JBG to Stalin, he would probably like that

Clearly since asc is in no way a dictatorship; neither is very accurate.
Far better is to say that all ppl of Authority in any alliance should be Machiavelli or Bismark, Realpolitick is the hallmark of PA politics, JM speaks of a Wilsonian Idealism where alliances put aside their narrow interests for the 'greater good' well it didnt work for Woodrow Wilson!

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 2 Apr 2009 at 16:48.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 22:32   #90
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo8 View Post
If anyone wants to know why we did what we did at any point in the round, then ask, and I will tell you if I made the decision.
6 (I believe) million hidden value the evening the NAP was broken? Sup wit dat?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 05:26   #91
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
They where hiding SK's. They decided not to drop them, as they knew there would be 0 lands D:
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 07:46   #92
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ND was informed not to hide value after a few days into war.

Just presumed members would know not to hide value in war-time. Seems this was not the case. Some decided not to listen and play for their own rank by hiding production.

By the 6mill hidden, do you mean myself? As if you do, I never had more than 2 mill hidden.
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 08:05   #93
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo8 View Post
ND was informed not to hide value after a few days into war.

Just presumed members would know not to hide value in war-time. Seems this was not the case. Some decided not to listen and play for their own rank by hiding production.

By the 6mill hidden, do you mean myself? As if you do, I never had more than 2 mill hidden.
No, I meant your alliance as a whole. However, did you keep these 2 mill hidden during the war yourself?

Either way, I think it shows a bit of the difference between Asc and ND this round, I'm pretty sure all of Asc gave up on their planet rank if it got us closer to the ally win.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 22:39   #94
damo8
NewDawn HC

Quote:
No, I meant your alliance as a whole. However, did you keep these 2 mill hidden during the war yourself?

Either way, I think it shows a bit of the difference between Asc and ND this round, I'm pretty sure all of Asc gave up on their planet rank if it got us closer to the ally win.
Never during war did I keep that hidden.

ASC gave far more into the war than ND did, they worked harder and made better useage of there fleets.

Which = win
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 23:36   #95
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayme^ View Post
It's a shame that you evidently mattered so little that you could do nothing about it...
well said gayme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
real people dont play to end 2nd
oh yeah ? tell that to ct

Last edited by Mikee; 4 Apr 2009 at 00:13.
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 03:43   #96
JonnyBGood
Banned

ND had quite a bit more than 6 mil hidden at the start of the war. As far as I recall we only actually overtook them when we went about 18 mil score ahead or so.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 10:42   #97
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
And others are realising that as well and are congratulating us, but the biggest compliment we could get if someone tried to imitate us. Like DLR did, but on a grander schale.
DLR played round 16 in exactly the same way. Except we XP whored that round.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 22:16   #98
damo8
NewDawn HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
ND had quite a bit more than 6 mil hidden at the start of the war. As far as I recall we only actually overtook them when we went about 18 mil score ahead or so.
We had a shedload hidden, despite sending mails telling members to get the value out.
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - HC - Round 35