User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:02   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb suggestions

:xmas: hhmm let the flaming begin :smiley1:

Planetarion suggestions

In my opinion, the two factors making PA unpopular and causing
decline in the player base were:
1. alliance domination
2. activity being the main factor of success.

1. PA crew always attempted to stop the alliance domination and
power blocking, an almost impossible task, why not go the other way, make alliances part of the game from sign up onwards, this way they are easier to control and can't be "so" dominant.

My idea is before signup alliances can apply to be represented in pa, they would have to pass certain criteria ofc set by the pa crew. I would ask for functioning HC, website(alliance hosting on pa server optional) alliance tag,alliance banner and a certain number of members. The total number of members could be limited depending on the player base but I would not allow total in one allaince to go above 250, to force the alliances to recruit n00bs you could tell them they can only sign on 70% friends and the rest are open applications on the sign up.

Once you have a sign up under way, it would be in the best interest of the alliance for the vets to teach the n00bs, made all the more probable if they are forced to mix the n00bs into thier gals.(ie, not vets gals and n00bs gals)

To stop power blocking, you could then stop galaxy mixing by making galaxy's private to alliances. And from the first moment onwards tagging the galaxies with the alliance tag(not removable) I would also use the code to stop one alliance defending another alliance ie a player can only defend a member of thier own alliance, alliances attacking together against another alliance could be controlled but I don't know if that is worth it. In war sides join forces to some extent, why not in pa.

Most importantly, through this "sign up through alliances",
the alliances leaders are known to the pa staff and could
be in direct contact to them, non-written codes of conduct which
could be to the benifit of pa could be worked out and worked upon through the rounds, persons or alliances not complying with the rules could then be banned or down graded for next rounds.

What this means for major or minor alliances.

On first site this still means major alliances have the advantage, but that is the way it should be, they put alot of work into thier alliances and if that means they win so be it.
However with ppl having to join an alliance, the smaller alliances have great recruiting possabilities which they have never had before, firstly not all vets want to play with the best alliances(being a number in a top alliance isn't so great) and secondly n00bs will get the guidence they need from smaller alliances looking to fill up.
The pa crew would need to take an active part in the organisation of alliances maybe convincing 2 smaller alliances a merge is better before tick start, and so on. It would be important that this was an ongoing thing through the rounds
ready for the next round, maybe alliance leagues on the portal, so the players know who is doing what.

2. Activity.
Many ppl i know have stopped playing pa because of the demands on activity, pa is like all games about winning and you could only win if you were extremly active or alot of your gal were very active maybe. ´Fact is not everyone wants to or can be online all day then also get out of bed 2 to 3 times at night to
check gal status or send attacks, and as the best time to attack was at 3 to 6am cest, this was always the case. To get around this in a 24 hr real time game is very hard.
My proposal would be, to replace pds(much hated throughout pa) with a planetary force field, ofc a certain amount of research and construction would be needed to attain this "force field" Once in place though the benifits foir the game are very good. It could be made so its not possible to have on for longer periods but long
enough to allow sleep. I would impose the following restictions on the force field.

1. from force field activation to full strenth would take 3 ticks more than the slowest eta , thus any ships incomming would be on target before the force field was up.

2. the force field drains alot of eionium, making eionium more important to the game.

3. no attacking ships could be sent out when force field is up, if ships are sent, force field collapses.

4. the force field can only cover your planet and a certain % of your roids, I would go for 80%( a great chance for smaller planets to steal from bigger planets).

4a. To be able to protect those 20% of roids a fleet option of "patrol" could be set up, any ships in the patrol fleet option are for roid defense(can ofc be limited by fleet score), and are outside the force field. Only ships in this fleet slot would defend your planet(force field down) or roids (force field up).

I do not think these suggestions are perefect solutions, they, I hope will just give some material for ppl to think over and to improve upon. I do however think that the matter of alliances and activity are the key points for the future success of Planetarion. And a future round without an improvment to these topics will prove the downfall of the Planetarion enterprise.

pls be critical in an way that may be of an advantage to pa ppl

:deer: merry christmas to one and all ofc :frosty:

waaaassssaaaaaup

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:06   #2
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
people wouldn't register thier alliances at the start.
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:09   #3
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkeypimp
people wouldn't register thier alliances at the start.

think of it as an ongoing thing, we know who the alliances r, plus u make it a rule, if they don't register thier allliance they have to join another one, so they would have no advantage of not registering, in fact it would be stupid not to.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:09   #4
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
intresting ideas, waassaa

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:10   #5
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Post Waassaa. I do agree that you should have some method of getting sleep as otherwise people who do not work, or are on holiday etc are obviously going to win. Alot of peoples parents dont liek the idea of there kids getting up at 5:55am to launch fleets etc, which in my opinion is pointless anyway, i only attacked 7 times last round because i couldnt be bothered waking early jsut for a game, games are meant to be fun, losing sleep = not fun. The alliance idea is a very good one too, its done in many other "pa clones" so to speak and it seems to work ok. There should also be an option of say 15 people from an allaince and 5 people non alliances per gal or something, although this could incourage spies. Also can PA fix there multi problem, every round i end up with 2 accounts (cos my brother gives up half way every round) i dont farm each other but still not once have i had a closed account, please try and prevent this, if i can do it so can everyone else, i didnt use a proxy or anything.

Anyway
Merry Christmas People and Take Care
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:10   #6
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
I totaly agree. if the new owners want more players playing they have to do some drastical changes. because how its now only the 1337 ppl who can be online all nite and day have the chance to be big. and the noobs dont have a chance when they only can be protected by their small inactive aliances.

i would also like if you could set ur fleets to launch at nigth, so you dont need to wake up to launch. that woulkd be great for players that cant be up all nigth.
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:13   #7
Illogical
Property of merle

Quote:
Originally posted by Lan
I totaly agree. if the new owners want more players playing they have to do some drastical changes. because how its now only the 1337 ppl who can be online all nite and day have the chance to be big. and the noobs dont have a chance when they only can be protected by their small inactive aliances.

i would also like if you could set ur fleets to launch at nigth, so you dont need to wake up to launch. that woulkd be great for players that cant be up all nigth.
Fleet option would be a good idea, or a queuing system for building?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:18   #8
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Illogical
Fleet option would be a good idea, or a queuing system for building?
Fleet launching has always been an issue which splits PA Crew down the middle. But automated building has always been totally disagreed with.

If, fleet launching happens, then expect to see automated launches suffer a +1 eta penalty.

But still, I'm all for it

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:47   #9
merle

merle is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone should be able to defend the one he wants or big alliances attacking tiny ones have a to big advantage.
also the possible use of the forcefield should be limited to once a day maybe...and slowing down the ticks would help peepz with little activity too...
merle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:52   #10
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally posted by merle
everyone should be able to defend the one he wants or big alliances attacking tiny ones have a to big advantage.
also the possible use of the forcefield should be limited to once a day maybe...and slowing down the ticks would help peepz with little activity too...
oiks even slower

as for big against small
that will always happen

if u wanna defend someone, get in same alliance.
when playing football, if u wanna play with someone u join the same team, if u wanna play against someone, u join a differant team.

lo merle babe btw :xmas:

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 12:56   #11
Illogical
Property of merle

i still liked my idea, if a n00b was beign attacked in a friends gal, id defend them. I just thought its more fun, mind you i was zik and loved stealing ships
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 13:48   #12
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa
oiks even slower

as for big against small
that will always happen

if u wanna defend someone, get in same alliance.
when playing football, if u wanna play with someone u join the same team, if u wanna play against someone, u join a differant team.

lo merle babe btw :xmas:
What if an alliance disband during the round and the players joins new alliances ??

If you cant defend the new alliance they wont accept you into it. Members of disbanded alliances will also want to remove their non-removable gal tag.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 13:55   #13
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
What if an alliance disband during the round and the players joins new alliances ??

If you cant defend the new alliance they wont accept you into it. Members of disbanded alliances will also want to remove their non-removable gal tag.
as i said, these are my thoughts and should be used as food for thoughts, if the pa crew are involved then i don't see a disbanding as a big problem, they could allow it and see to recruiting them into other alliances, problem would be more that they would all be in gals together.

good point though
although finding holes is easy

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 14:58   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Problems I see with your suggestion

Alliances
1) How can you tell an alliances size until people have all signed up
2) What about the smaller alliances...why should they be forced to disband. Take F-Crew for example we have been a power in the past and have been part of the PA scenery for longer than most. However we are not the power we once were yet we continue becuase those of us who stay enjoy the unique community that we couldnt get in any other alliance. We might not meet the required number of members and hence would have to disband
3) How can you tell that only 70% are friends.....the other 30% could just pretend to be n00bs
4) How can a n00b join an alliance at signup. You cant just let them pick one with empty spaces becuase an alliance may not want them. After all they could be a spy, not of an acceptable standard ect and you cant randomly assign them one for same reason plus the assigned alliance might not suit them (ie someone looking for a Friendly community based alliance wouldnt cut it in a serious win at all costs alliance and vise versa)
5) What exactly will Private galaxies containing just your alliance do. The alliances will still act like a powerblock and the small picked off even easier as you will no longer be able to land in a galaxy that offers a range of defensive options.
6) Only defending your alliance again plays into the hands of the big alliances again. If the small cant call on allies to help then your get an even worse 'bully boy' system than we have now becuase while a top alliance might have 250 members all of who are big players, a smaller allianc emight have less than 100 with their biggest player only being the same size as the smallest from the other alliance
7) By not giving the same rules to attacking your making it uneven. The 2nd and 3rd place alliance for example could gang up top alliance. So if each of these three have 250 members you have a situation where the 2nd and 3rd could attack the top alliance with double the amount of planets and no doubt end up winning easierly
8) What happens you decide you dont like the alliance you choose, or they do something you dont like or the alliance wants to kick you out. Where do you stand.
9) Alliance mergers dont normally work. You merge an alliance you get two parties struggling for power which soon rips the alliance apart. Also unless your ideals are identical theres going to be friction between members

Activity
1) I actually think people make too much of the activity aspect. Activity is only such an issue due to the lack of players atm which means that the top planets have limited numbers of planet to hit so being hit happens more oftem. I know that apart from last round I have got more active and my knowledge of the stats and game mechancis has been better but ive done worse than in the early rounds. You see the people that complain about needing to be active are those who arent in the top alliances so get hit more and more often as the userbase shrinks. Thats is where the problem lies and not really in activity
2) Three hours than the longest eta. This being whos longest ETA. The eta of your well developed fighter that can get to a planet outside of the galaxy in 6 hours or the eta of a n00b whos ships take as much as 12 hours to get anywhere. If its the latter its not really going to be much use as you can have alot of attacks sent on you within 15 hours.
3) have i got this right about patrol fleet. When the force field is down you want this fleet to be the only one that can defend. So that means if i'm a small planet thats regularry attacked I only have the ships in this to defend with. Doesnt that make defence all round harder especially for those small people who will be attacked more often that the big ones
4) I actually Like PDS...people moan about it but its actually really good for putting off attackers especially in the last few rounds where its improved alot. If you can keep a resonable number of each you really dont get attacked as much in my experiance and when you do PDS can help do some significant damage especially agaisnt emp ships. HOWEVER there is one peice of PDS thats missing and thats the good old holo roids. These were great defence for your roids and imho should never have been removed

Now some of the other replies here

Fleet Launching - Auto fleet launching is a horrible idea, Just think how hard it can be to defend a well organsised attack on you by a galaxy or alliance. The one saving grace especially if its a galaxy attack is that there are always some people who cant launch which gives you a chance to beat the attack. If instead every planet is covered by multiple planets all launching at the exact time they should do then defence is going to be a right bitch. This is increasing the case if everyone then starts using it as they wont come online as early so you wont get be able to get in contatc with people to give defence and even if you can most of them probally already have their ships out on auto attacks

Mong - Why do I seem to be spending most of my time deleting your posts....everytime you post you seem to post twice. Sort it out
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 15:23   #15
waassaa
unknown to all

hehehe, yet again I state these r ideas and food for thought.
tou have picked a whole in everyones suggestions, however u failed to make any of your own.

think of these suggestions as something to be worked upon, and improved, to be finalised so they meet the criteria of more ppl, or discarded because they don't work. i dunno, but pls be construtive in ur critism.

I coulsd answer most of the questions u pose but in fact they as also my ideas are a matter of opinion so u are welcome to them.

One thing though, the reason I don't like pds is cause u can't def ur gal mates with it, but expect them to def u cause when someone kills ur pds u lose score(u can't run pds).
so therefore pds is quiet egoistic. <== just my opinion, if u like it fine.

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 15:42   #16
Godzilla64

Godzilla64 is an unknown quantity at this point
First: Hi all friends from GTO, LCH and special greets to waassaa

Second: Nice post about good ideas but with some ideas from my side:

1) Alliance: 250 people each allie and start in same gals (maybe same cluster)
with upsigning also choose the allie or create a new one
creators of an allie have to accept in some way peeps that join that allie
allies can go into politics to each other (allie, nap, war)
at allie they can def each other at nap and war no def
also i think that all allies start with war to each other
and when they go for nap or allie they only can attack when one allie declares war again first.
there can still be some special attacks when at nap (eg. ambush (high costs but could be very effectiv))

2a)Forcefield: once a day 3 ticks long set 24 ticks befor it goes up
for the 3 ticks the field is activ no roid produces res
a special fleet that is out of the field will def your planet
return of a fleet or send them out or change it to the special fleet will bring the field down.

2b)Marshfield: eta goes up when you activate it for attacking ships that are eta 3-5 to your planet (maybe up for 2-3 etas)
once a day
roidproduktion is halfed for 3 ticks when activated

Maybe 2a and 2b can be used same time or only one each day....

also this 2 things can go into res/const also some special attack/deffleets must be discovered first (longer techtree)

3)Acceleration of shipproduktion:
halfes time to produce a ship
1/3 more res for a ship
when under attack and you need some ships to target eg. Pods

4)Roids should get unproduktiv:
i think 1-3% of your roids should stop producing res every day but should be there to be stolen by attackers.
so fighting for roids should be more interresting as they get more valid.

there are so many more possibilities and ideas to improve pa a lot but these are some things that i can think will be worth a look
Godzilla64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:02   #17
waassaa
unknown to all

changed my mind

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
[b]Problems I see with your suggestion

Alliances
1) How can you tell an alliances size until people have all signed up
u can't, but i am sure a allaince hc could give pa crew a good idea, hence the working together idea.
Quote:
[
2) What about the smaller alliances...why should they be forced to disband. Take F-Crew for example we have been a power in the past and have been part of the PA scenery for longer than most. However we are not the power we once were yet we continue becuase those of us who stay enjoy the unique community that we couldnt get in any other alliance. We might not meet the required number of members and hence would have to disband
I am sure that f-crew would then be happy to have the chance to recruit players into this alliance. And give new players the chance to join ur "unique community"
Quote:
3) How can you tell that only 70% are friends.....the other 30% could just pretend to be n00bs
not easy ofc, this is why the pa crew need to work with alliance hc's, this topic would come under the unwritten rules of conduct ofc. The alliances in pa do have some honour
Quote:
4) How can a n00b join an alliance at signup. You cant just let them pick one with empty spaces becuase an alliance may not want them. After all they could be a spy, not of an acceptable standard ect and you cant randomly assign them one for same reason plus the assigned alliance might not suit them (ie someone looking for a Friendly community based alliance wouldnt cut it in a serious win at all costs alliance and vise versa)
hence i said that the alliances should be organised and represented on the forums, I am sure there are ppl out there who would run a n00b friendly alliance. I would.
Quote:
5) What exactly will Private galaxies containing just your alliance do. The alliances will still act like a powerblock and the small picked off even easier as you will no longer be able to land in a galaxy that offers a range of defensive options.
This is an attempt to stop farming, u wouldn't want a farm in your own alliance gal, and if you put one in another alliances gal you would be quickly reported. And to stop alliances mixing gals as in rd 6 and 7 where the power blocks couldn't be broken because the alliances shared gals.
Quote:
6) Only defending your alliance again plays into the hands of the big alliances again. If the small cant call on allies to help then your get an even worse 'bully boy' system than we have now becuase while a top alliance might have 250 members all of who are big players, a smaller allianc emight have less than 100 with their biggest player only being the same size as the smallest from the other alliance
good point, this needs some thought, the idea is again to stop power blocks, maybe a system where alliances can allie up to a certain size, ie 250 members would be implemented.
Quote:
7) By not giving the same rules to attacking your making it uneven. The 2nd and 3rd place alliance for example could gang up top alliance. So if each of these three have 250 members you have a situation where the 2nd and 3rd could attack the top alliance with double the amount of planets and no doubt end up winning easierly
see above.
Quote:
8) What happens you decide you dont like the alliance you choose, or they do something you dont like or the alliance wants to kick you out. Where do you stand.
yet again this depends on how much work pa crew are willing to do with the alliances, i am sure a kind of transfer could be possible though.
Quote:
9) Alliance mergers dont normally work. You merge an alliance you get two parties struggling for power which soon rips the alliance apart. Also unless your ideals are identical theres going to be friction between members
true, but the alliances will be there if u control them or not, so really u have lost nothing with my suggestions
Quote:
Activity
1) I actually think people make too much of the activity aspect. Activity is only such an issue due to the lack of players atm which means that the top planets have limited numbers of planet to hit so being hit happens more oftem. I know that apart from last round I have got more active and my knowledge of the stats and game mechancis has been better but ive done worse than in the early rounds. You see the people that complain about needing to be active are those who arent in the top alliances so get hit more and more often as the userbase shrinks. Thats is where the problem lies and not really in activity
I have played in good and bad gals, been very very active and not so active, activity is very important, and n00bs feel the worst of active ppl. If u ewanna sleep u have no chance to do well in pa.
Quote:
2) Three hours than the longest eta. This being whos longest ETA. The eta of your well developed fighter that can get to a planet outside of the galaxy in 6 hours or the eta of a n00b whos ships take as much as 12 hours to get anywhere. If its the latter its not really going to be much use as you can have alot of attacks sent on you within 15 hours.
Needs to be worked out. How about 3 hrs plus the eta of the person attacking, thus no chance to build a field after an attack is sent, other wise (no one attacking) 8 ticks.
Quote:
3) have i got this right about patrol fleet. When the force field is down you want this fleet to be the only one that can defend. So that means if i'm a small planet thats regularry attacked I only have the ships in this to defend with. Doesnt that make defence all round harder especially for those small people who will be attacked more often that the big ones
No u haven't got it right.
the patrol fleet is active when the force field is up.
only good if u have alot of roids to lose, like a big planet.
if i am going to lose 15% of 100 roids i wouldn't risk my fleet
but if i could lose 15% of 1000 roids i would.
plus....
If you are online and want to defend you can lower your field and defend with more ships or get def from elsewhere.
i would say outside defense is possible with field up too.
Quote:
4) I actually Like PDS...people moan about it but its actually really good for putting off attackers especially in the last few rounds where its improved alot. If you can keep a resonable number of each you really dont get attacked as much in my experiance and when you do PDS can help do some significant damage especially agaisnt emp ships. HOWEVER there is one peice of PDS thats missing and thats the good old holo roids. These were great defence for your roids and imho should never have been removed
no comment
Quote:
Now some of the other replies here

Fleet Launching - Auto fleet launching is a horrible idea, Just think how hard it can be to defend a well organsised attack on you by a galaxy or alliance. The one saving grace especially if its a galaxy attack is that there are always some people who cant launch which gives you a chance to beat the attack. If instead every planet is covered by multiple planets all launching at the exact time they should do then defence is going to be a right bitch. This is increasing the case if everyone then starts using it as they wont come online as early so you wont get be able to get in contatc with people to give defence and even if you can most of them probally already have their ships out on auto attacks
swings and round abouts, has good points and bad points, i think let ppl have the option if they use it ti is up to them.
In real life not many commanders of army's get out of bed to wave the troops goodbye, the planning and so on are done in advance.
def would be the key here, easy to check if someone has an automated attack pattern wait till he sends and attack him.

Last edited by waassaa; 19 Dec 2002 at 16:21.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:02   #18
waassaa
unknown to all

oops had msg twice

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:06   #19
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Nice post!
(I don't like PDS as well and for the reasons waassaa presented.)

I have an opinion about this and I think Wakey feels the same way. If u chance the bases of the game prob u will stop calling it planetarion.... No auto-launchs, no field forces, no sleep modes, no.... I do agree with game improves but not the ones that would chance the way u play it. The prob is that everyone plays to do well and not all of us can do that!! There's only one top spot

Quote:
Activity is only such an issue due to the lack of players atm which means that the top planets have limited numbers of planet to hit so being hit happens more oftem.
This is true. Last round I attacked some planets more than one time, coz they were good targets and I didn't had too many options since I was Terran and we don't do that well with this ship stats against Xan's. So a bigger universe would solve this activity issue imo. I can't remeber ppl asking for improvements in the game that would allow them to sleep a few more hrs in round 4 and even 5. However I think that a mixed galaxys would help ppl that r starting to play and get them "hooked" more easly. And despite all ideias presented I still think that's the best solution!
10 priv + 5 random and easy ways of kicking

/me opinion

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:18   #20
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco

I have an opinion about this and I think Wakey feels the same way. If u chance the bases of the game prob u will stop calling it planetarion.... No auto-launchs, no field forces, no sleep modes, no.... I do agree with game improves but not the ones that would chance the way u play it. The prob is that everyone plays to do well and not all of us can do that!! There's only one top spot
even pa crew are saying the game needs to be changed, the game isn't working with the no sleep activity problem. the player base didn't only drop because ppl couldn't wouldn't play.
kids at school and adults working are sick of either having thier planet put to 0 over night or having to get outa bed 3 times a night, the game needs a major shake up.

Ofc ppl didn't complain in early rounds, the player base was much bigger, and as you pointed out attacks not so often.
But with p2p the player base will always be smaller and u have no where to hide.
Pls stop talking about how things were, and talking about how they should be, fresh ideas are needed.

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:31   #21
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

BTW would the force field be up for an undetermined period? well in that case I don't agree...and would u use it? Imo opinion I wouldn't....why? well...
U get attacked and u have the force field up
1) ur attacker knows that ur sleeping and that u can't get defence coz u have the force field up
2) he only gets 20% instead the 37% u get in 3 ticks, or it's 20% of the 37%?? coz if that's the ideia the game would became ****ing boring with lots of E roids and stagnation.
3) I will assume that it's 20% instead of 37% so force field would prevent 17% of roid loses. Would u set it up and went to bed knowing that if u get attacked u would lose 20% of ur roids and wouldn't have no chance of defence unless u came online??
I would attack u
4) assuming that it prevents 80% of the 37%....well in that case u would lose 3% of ur roids...I hope u don't think this is a good ideia coz attacking some1 with 1k of roids and getting 30 roids after 3 ticks REALLY SUCKS!!!

It would never be implemented or it would be like the jumpgate, that could have been a good ideia if it had cluster eta

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 16:38   #22
waassaa
unknown to all

presuming the force field was an option, how would u implement it.
it would only be up for a certain amount of time in my ipinion, and ias for the amount of roids u lose when its up, i am sure a possibility exists where ts worth atatcking but also worth using the force field.
I for one would be happier losing a few roids but no ships if it means i can sleep when i need it. However i hate the idea of working on my planet for a month and waking up to find everything gone and all ships dead, no point in rebuild stop playing, look for something new to do.
Think about it

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 17:09   #23
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:

it would only be up for a certain amount of time in my ipinion, and ias for the amount of roids u lose when its up, i am sure a possibility exists where ts worth atatcking but also worth using the force field.
Well I would love to see it implemented if it would protect 80% of ur total roids (in 3 ticks 20% instead of 37%) and the attacker didn't lose ships, that's encouraging attacks in 2 ways: more ships in univ since u don't lose them when u get attacked and no chance of defence for the protection of half of ur roids more or less, however It would make ppl attacking the planets with the force filed up imo. I would rather attack some1 for 150 certain roids than some1 for possible 300 roids but maybe it could be worked out. I liked a lot the ideia of protecting ur ships and the one that protects ur roids can be worked out but always keep in mind that encouraging attacks might be the answer to a bigger player base.

Quote:
I for one would be happier losing a few roids but no ships if it means i can sleep when i need it. However i hate the idea of working on my planet for a month and waking up to find everything gone and all ships dead, no point in rebuild stop playing, look for something new to do.
Think about it
Agree!
I'm starting to think that the "force field" might be a good ideia. It's good for the attacker and for the attacked
Maybe 50% of 37% would be nice....or 80% of the 37% if not showned in scans which might be the best option imo

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 17:49   #24
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
waassaa - I have a doc on a similar idea you pointed out on this thread and yes wakey has picked some holes in it, as there are some bad points to such a system, especailly when you conider combat in planetarion.

Please keep the ideas comming waassaa, its good to see and contuary to what most people belevie they are read by the creators, whom have numerious times, examined players ideas and if suitible implimented them.

Good to see a nice constructive thread on these forums again....was beginning to think they hwere only used for insulting or being offensive to eachother
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:30   #25
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I cant help picking holes in ideas anymore.......I blame spending most of my mod career on Suggestions as it seems to have trained my eyes to immediatly lock on to the bad points Not that thats really a bd thing as people normally come up with fixes when you do that.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:41   #26
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I cant help picking holes in ideas anymore.......I blame spending most of my mod career on Suggestions as it seems to have trained my eyes to immediatly lock on to the bad points Not that thats really a bd thing as people normally come up with fixes when you do that.
lol certainly NOT a bad thing my frined:xmas:
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:46   #27
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
Good to see a nice constructive thread on these forums again....was beginning to think they hwere only used for insulting or being offensive to eachother
No, that's what the jolt forums are for even though I got banned by a jumped up little prick with a napoleon complex just because I told him so.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:52   #28
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
waassaa - I have a doc on a similar idea you pointed out on this thread and yes wakey has picked some holes in it, as there are some bad points to such a system, especailly when you conider combat in planetarion.

Please keep the ideas comming waassaa, its good to see and contuary to what most people belevie they are read by the creators, whom have numerious times, examined players ideas and if suitible implimented them.

I think it's the 1st time some1 changed my mind about a subject in here
Now I do think that the "force field" is actually a good ideia however I don't agree with the others....

And yes it's been a long time since I last saw a nice constructive thread on these forums...

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 19:14   #29
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
No, that's what the jolt forums are for even though I got banned by a jumped up little prick with a napoleon complex just because I told him so.
Not atm its not Gayle....something seems to have gone seriously wrong with them

Oh and Zeus i'll tell you why the forums dont produce as many quality threads now. Its because a forum like this is too general to allow ideas to evolve and develop. People take the attitude of "why spend time and effort writing up this idea when it will get lost under the 'spam'" so just dont post these kinds of threads here. This is what I loved about suggestions as people didnt mind spending ages on creating a good thread as they knew it would be well received even if it was heaverly flawed, would get good feedback and as long as it was an idea with some merit for discussion would start a good debate. It was the fear of losing those kinds of threads that led to me and Konsul complaining when the PD idea was put forward becuase they were great threads to read and join in with. This forum seems more suited to complaining and Quit threads than anything else
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:38   #30
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
I talked to waassaa about his ideas a lot in the past and think he has a point.

I really like the force field idea, I seen a few "PA clones" using a sleep option, but I think this force field option is better cos it will cost you E.

I would love to see a option build in PA where you can plan construction and research but not fleet launches.

And what about a auction system or trade system:

At the auction center you can put ships up for sale to the highest bidder ( M and C ) or put them up for trade.

in this way all people can get a hold of ships of different races.

Will make attacks intresting.

(just a idea)
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:22   #31
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
... Zeus i'll tell you why the forums dont produce as many quality threads now. Its because a forum like this is too general to allow ideas to evolve and develop. People take the attitude of "why spend time and effort writing up this idea when it will get lost under the 'spam'" so just dont post these kinds of threads here. This is what I loved about suggestions as people didnt mind spending ages on creating a good thread as they knew it would be well received even if it was heaverly flawed, would get good feedback and as long as it was an idea with some merit for discussion would start a good debate. It was the fear of losing those kinds of threads that led to me and Konsul complaining when the PD idea was put forward becuase they were great threads to read and join in with.
I totally agree.
Quote:
This forum seems more suited to complaining and Quit threads than anything else
Bring back the Suggestions forum. Let the whiners and quitters keep this one.

One thing I have noticed is that there are usually people speaking for both sides of each case.
Examples.

Private: We want private gals, we don't want to be in a gal with a bunch of inactive lamers.
Random: Only random gals, gives everyone an equal chance.

Free: Make a free round, we can't afford to pay.
p2p: Keep it p2p, we don't want our universe overrun by multis.

etc. etc.

Back in the days of the Suggestions forum, people would make suggestions for how to bring such seemingly irreconsilable requests together, getting the best from both.

<whine>
On this forum a lot of people seem to just want to post what they think. There is limited interest in listening to reason. Several "debates" seem to be people re-iterating their particular viewpoint over and over again with little variation.
</whine>
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:01   #32
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
I totally agree.Bring back the Suggestions forum. Let the whiners and quitters keep this one.

One thing I have noticed is that there are usually people speaking for both sides of each case.
Examples.

Private: We want private gals, we don't want to be in a gal with a bunch of inactive lamers.
Random: Only random gals, gives everyone an equal chance.

Free: Make a free round, we can't afford to pay.
p2p: Keep it p2p, we don't want our universe overrun by multis.

etc. etc.

Back in the days of the Suggestions forum, people would make suggestions for how to bring such seemingly irreconsilable requests together, getting the best from both.

<whine>
On this forum a lot of people seem to just want to post what they think. There is limited interest in listening to reason. Several "debates" seem to be people re-iterating their particular viewpoint over and over again with little variation.
</whine>
Look at the start of this tread......I think waassaa is suggesting things here.
#multihunters
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:05   #33
wakey
Hamster

Yes Ace its a suggestion but the point is these used to be the type of threads we got a lot of...now they turn up once ina blue moon
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:19   #34
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Yes Ace its a suggestion but the point is these used to be the type of threads we got a lot of...now they turn up once ina blue moon
used to be...aka...noone did anything with it so ppl didn't bother anymore to post ideas.

Well then this thread of waassaa is a welcome difference
#multihunters
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:38   #35
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Well, there was certainly no point when PA was being closed down. And as Ace mentioned, there wasn't much evidence that HQ ever saw/considered the suggestions anyway.

However, if the new owners actually want suggestions (and are willing to provide some feedback), then maybe it's time to revive the Suggestions forum.

Ditto with the Bugs forum too. :reindeer:
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 00:45   #36
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Most changes implemented by PA Creators have been after pressure from PA Crew and in beta sessions.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 08:55   #37
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Most changes implemented by PA Creators have been after pressure from PA Crew and in beta sessions.
I know but times are different now.
I think they need to listen to the players more to get them back at playing PA.
Most guys and girls I know are already playing other games and to get them intrested again things need to change.

Most ppl i talked to the last few days think it's a bad idea that the "old" creators are back so i think if the "new" creators started listning to the their customers a lot more now ppl will get back.

It will make them fell their input makes a difference.

Nice slogan for them would be:

Your input makes a difference
#multihunters
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 11:46   #38
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace
used to be...aka...noone did anything with it so ppl didn't bother anymore to post ideas.

Well then this thread of waassaa is a welcome difference
No people stopped posting such suggestions because suggestions was moved here which just isnt a place where suggestions are really that welcome. As I said before this forum is more suited to "I quit" and complaints than suggestions
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 12:04   #39
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Well, there was certainly no point when PA was being closed down. And as Ace mentioned, there wasn't much evidence that HQ ever saw/considered the suggestions anyway.

However, if the new owners actually want suggestions (and are willing to provide some feedback), then maybe it's time to revive the Suggestions forum.

Ditto with the Bugs forum too. :reindeer:
They certainly saw them as they were sent a digest of them every week or two. And Zeus would visit the forum on a regular basis and even spinner showed up at times. Was just as things got tighter at FS they had to spend more and more time on finacial things that alot of the ideas were too complex to be added. Perhaps now that they dont have to worry about the money situation these features might at last make it in
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 15:07   #40
dougal

Trade system

Nice ideas waassaa, it is encouraging to see some constructive discusion.

I think that resource trading could do with an overhaul.

imho it would be fantastic to have the ability to trade resources as though on an open market, where the prices (conversion raios) are fixed by either the level of unused resources of each type in the enitre universe, or the amount of each resource which other players want to sell.

Ofc - it would have to be finely balanced, to for example, avoid it being vastly more profitable to init e roids early, and trade them for m, than to build the m roids themselves.

Trading could be kept internal to the galaxy, but this might result in people cheating the market, by only building certain kinds of roids. Better imho, would be for trading to be with a universe wide market place - ie you don't specify who you are trading with, but the prices are fixed by the general availability of res types.

Thoughts?
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 15:24   #41
wakey
Hamster

When the suggestions board was stilla round there was a great suggestion about trading involving trading routes. It was worked on for months by the suggestions board regulars and really was a well thought out and polished idea. Only problem was it was such a big change it would have been hard to implement as the game was. Hopefully spinner still has a copy of it and it will make its way into r10 as it would really add to the PA experiance
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 15:34   #42
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

If, fleet launching happens, then expect to see automated launches suffer a +1 eta penalty.

M.
oh no! bad idea the +1 eta will make him be counterd for sure!

This will lead to even more ships going out late night when activety is low,the game will slowly turn into a countering game.
This is a real time game not a auto pilot thinghy.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 15:41   #43
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

pffft if you have read some of the threads more closely you have seen that its many good opinions under all that fustrations and argueing!
Alot of the insulting and offencive behavior is direct result of the pa creators ignorant attitude to actually listen to the community.
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 20:08   #44
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
pffft if you have read some of the threads more closely you have seen that its many good opinions under all that fustrations and argueing!
Alot of the insulting and offencive behavior is direct result of the pa creators ignorant attitude to actually listen to the community.
Ok, blame me if it makes you feel better
Because, I didnt post on an idea thread, doesnt mean I didnt read it, do you post on every thread you read?
Because I never posted on any idea thread doesnt mean it wasnt good or it wasnt recorded, but never implimented due to coding time etc... and certainly doesnt mean it will not be in round 10.

However, I assure you I do read nearly every thread on these forums, although it pains me at times seeing the good constructive threads get ruined by people who "hijack" the thread with childish bickering.......such as your two posts above and this post here replying to you. Kinda funny huh?
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 20:26   #45
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Ok, blame me if it makes you feel better
Because, I didnt post on an idea thread, doesnt mean I didnt read it, do you post on every thread you read?
Because I never posted on any idea thread doesnt mean it wasnt good or it wasnt recorded, but never implimented due to coding time etc... and certainly doesnt mean it will not be in round 10.

However, I assure you I do read nearly every thread on these forums, although it pains me at times seeing the good constructive threads get ruined by people who "hijack" the thread with childish bickering.......such as your two posts above and this post here replying to you. Kinda funny huh?
Bit harsh lumping both of his post in the same category Zeus...his first one deals with the idea and he voices his concern over it which is a concern alot of us have over the launch scheduling
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 21:27   #46
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Bit harsh lumping both of his post in the same category Zeus...his first one deals with the idea and he voices his concern over it which is a concern alot of us have over the launch scheduling
Indeed wakey, my above post was meant for his last post only, sorry for the mistype
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 21:39   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
think of it as an ongoing thing, we know who the alliances r, plus u make it a rule, if they don't register thier allliance they have to join another one, so they would have no advantage of not registering, in fact it would be stupid not to.
nice post really, but some remarks though.

what will keep pple from forming secret alliances, secret ties, secret attackgroups and such?

nway nice ideas though ...

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 21:48   #48
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
nice post really, but some remarks though.

what will keep pple from forming secret alliances, secret ties, secret attackgroups and such?

nway nice ideas though ...

rgds Kj
secret alliances will allways happen and so will attack groups.
the idea is good only it will need some "work" to sort it all out.
#multihunters
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 22:32   #49
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace
secret alliances will allways happen and so will attack groups.
the idea is good only it will need some "work" to sort it all out.
Indeed it will
Unread 21 Dec 2002, 04:41   #50
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Quote:
Indeed it will
Something in mind? Wanna share?