User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2006, 22:40   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
World of Warcraft Southpark episode

http://www.southparkzone.com/season10.php

I guess most wow players on GD have already seen it but for who didn't, here it is.

****ing hilarious as they seem to know a lot about the game and community
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 22:54   #2
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: World of Warcraft Southpark episode

Idd, its really funny, but I think the story could be a bit better than the "uber high level who kills admins" etc, like them endlessly grinding to take down some boss etc and then farming them and gearing up for the next boss and rinseing + repeating (we all know that WoW is an endless grind)
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 22:58   #3
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

On the mid-season finale of Stargate Atlantis they had Dr. Weir talking to Dr. Lee about WoW to stall him, and he said he was a lvl 75 Mage. I was like, come on all the effort they put in this show and they couldn't even research the game enough to know the highest level is 60.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 23:12   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
On the mid-season finale of Stargate Atlantis they had Dr. Weir talking to Dr. Lee about WoW to stall him, and he said he was a lvl 75 Mage. I was like, come on all the effort they put in this show and they couldn't even research the game enough to know the highest level is 60.
dude - I'm sure there will be a WOW add-on in the next 200 years or whatever that allows you to go past lvl60

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 23:21   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't think it was that funny, actually.

Most of the jokes about WoW geeks and their obsession have been done better on various parodies/comics/videos on the net.

The only good jokes were the ones that were based around South Park characters - like when Butters turned up in the game with the same skin as Cartman.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 23:25   #6
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I did like Kyle as the Female character.
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 23:43   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
dude - I'm sure there will be a WOW add-on in the next 200 years or whatever that allows you to go past lvl60
Just to be a geek. The expansion coming out in a couple of months raises the level cap to 70.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 00:11   #8
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Just to be a geek. The expansion coming out in a couple of months raises the level cap to 70.

geek.

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 00:14   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I loved it. And by love i mean it made me laugh harder than i have laughed at sp in a fair while.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 00:19   #10
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

How do you kill that which has no life?!
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 02:14   #11
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

Paper dolls have never been so damn cool.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 05:26   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed it as well.

Like you say though for a southpark episode elements of it were a little lack luster and it felt almost like a day-in day-out recount of the average WoW session lol. Now.. if the invincible dude had been say maybe a shammy it would have been more believable :P
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 06:17   #13
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

I thought it would've been a little more interesting if you find out at the end it was Butters or one of the other kids.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 06:44   #14
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

Enjoyed it, Ace
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 14:38   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It made me remember why I quit WoW
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 15:14   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
It made me remember why I quit WoW
I'm still playing, since about 1,5 year but I'm not a poopsocker like a lot of people around me. That's probably why I still feel like a noob or actually am a noob heh. Some weeks ago I reached 60 for the first time with my priest :P
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 16:15   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i never started playing WoW because it seems dull. this is pretty ace though.

nice one ss!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 16:39   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooooooooooooooooy Jenkins!
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 18:51   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

CHUCK NORRIS FTW LOL

The episode was alright, Stan's dad was pretty hilarious.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 20:42   #20
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

this is by far the best series of south park, or perhaps any cartoon of its sort. Just a shame i can't get a hold of the "propper" uncensored second half of cartoon wars.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 21:59   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
this is by far the best series of south park, or perhaps any cartoon of its sort. Just a shame i can't get a hold of the "propper" uncensored second half of cartoon wars.
I don't know, South Park has gone downhill over the past few seasons. Whereas the first few seasons were really fresh at the time and rather hilarious, the past few have been a little 'meh' and I stopped watching at some point.

The WoW episode was alright, but nowhere near as good as some of the stuff from the first few seasons; I wouldn't say that Season 10 is suddenly the best season ever based on a single episode, especially when it was reasonably average.
Unread 6 Oct 2006, 23:59   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I don't know, South Park has gone downhill over the past few seasons.
It's just a different kind of thing. It's turned into more of a topical satire show, than a straight comedy per se. I personally prefer it, other people (you for one) do not.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 00:02   #23
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't know, South Park has gone downhill over the past few seasons. Whereas the first few seasons were really fresh at the time and rather hilarious, the past few have been a little 'meh' and I stopped watching at some point.

The WoW episode was alright, but nowhere near as good as some of the stuff from the first few seasons; I wouldn't say that Season 10 is suddenly the best season ever based on a single episode, especially when it was reasonably average.
the first few seasons were shit. It didn't get good until about season 5. It was only when South Park gained a social conscience that it became something other than a crap show which got it audience from being offensive.

Since it gained a social conscience (and a purpose) it has become a great show. I am not attacking its beginnings because without it it would have been an irrelevance.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 00:53   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

I don't actively dislike South Park now; I'll be one of the last to complain if an episode gets put on and I'd have to watch it, because it's still rather amusing.

The last season I watched, and which contained several really good episodes was in fact Season 8; I watched the first few episodes of Season 9, but then couldn't be bothered to keep watching as it didn't really seem that great anymore. I'm not sure why, it just seemed to turn into a "been there, done that" deal, as had several S8 episodes already been.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 02:34   #25
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I thought the episode was rather ordinary, it certainly didn't have me rolling in the isles.

I suppose this is what they wanted me to think:

Quote:
Oh jesus this is the funniest episode ever! I must go out now and purchase WoW and play it for HOURS. It must be cool if the creators of Southpark were [thrown a large wad of money by Blizzard] to [blatantly market their product]. And while I'm at it I'll go buy several dozen energy drinks and a SONY monitor. Wow! Super!
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 02:54   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Actually the people behind Southpark aproached Blizzard to ask them if they could make an episode about WoW. They've been said to be gamers.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 03:33   #27
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I thought it was pretty shit, probably the worst episode of the season so far.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 07:45   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
I suppose this is what they wanted me to think
In addition to what Silversmoke said, is showing something to be long, boring and conducive to health problems really much of an advertisment?
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 08:24   #29
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I thought it was reasonably funny. I'm not a particular Southpark fan, and if I wasn't a WoW player it would obviously not have been so amusing to me. I didn't think it was particularly taking the piss out of WoW players and in fact I thought it was quite affectionate toward the game, giving me the impression that the creators/writers play themselves.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 10:37   #30
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
giving me the impression that the creators/writers play themselves.
The manner in which Cartman was giving orders across the voice progream leads me to have little doubt that the South Park creators have done raids in WoW at some point.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 11:27   #31
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
CHUCK NORRIS FTW LOL

The episode was alright, Stan's dad was pretty hilarious.
PIE!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 14:18   #32
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Has anyone here who hasn't played WoW and knows relatively little about it watched the cartoon?

Everyone I've spoken to who's seen it has played WoW at some point. I'm just interested to see what people think of it who haven't experienced the game at all. (someone like yahwe, perhaps)
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 14:41   #33
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Has anyone here who hasn't played WoW and knows relatively little about it watched the cartoon?

Everyone I've spoken to who's seen it has played WoW at some point. I'm just interested to see what people think of it who haven't experienced the game at all. (someone like yahwe, perhaps)
I've never played WoW or any other mmorpg so I'll let you know what I think when I get round to watching it.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 15:10   #34
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

They could have made it more WoW-like, instead of having an alliance guy wearing a plate helm stabbing other alliance players with a dagger.
They didn't even have any Chuck Norris jokes
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 15:22   #35
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

thatw as probably the best south park episode ive seen and i hate south park
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 15:49   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
They could have made it more WoW-like, instead of having an alliance guy wearing a plate helm stabbing other alliance players with a dagger.
I don't think you really "got" it.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 18:09   #37
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i play guildwars, but i've never played world of warcraft. it seems that it translates well across to other mmorpgs.
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 18:43   #38
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: World of Warcraft Southpark episode

Quote:

I've never played WoW and I liked it (I rarely watch South Park either). I'm sure you could do the more-or-less same story about a lot of online games (like PA for example).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2006, 20:41   #39
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ive never played WoW, and i did find it quite funny, not hilarious but it was very watchable
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:40   #40
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

One of the most funny Southpark episodes ever :-) I've never played WoW, but have quite considerable MMORPG experience - it translates extremely well to other MMORPGS. I do feel they could have done more with the theme, but it was very good
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:59   #41
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I've never played WoW, played Diablo II (which obviously has similar concepts) but only offline single-player.

I enjoyed it - it was a good laugh and it was amusing to watch Cartman command everyone and battle against the man with no life. You wouldn't want every episode to be like that (much like Buffy's Once More With Feeling singing episode) but it was a good episode.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:20   #42
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:

me.

and i enjoyed it.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:31   #43
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
me.

and i enjoyed it.
Same here, and ive not yet bucked up the courage to play WoW.

It almost convinced me to watch the rest of the season.

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:43   #44
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I'm reasonably sure that the censoring at the end was a joke, considering that they showed an image of the prophet mohammed in a south park episode a few seasons ago (sorry I can't remember which one )
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 21:36   #45
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
Same here, and ive not yet bucked up the courage to play WoW.
You shouldn't get into it, its just an endless grind - you just keep killing monsters to get levels, and then at level 60 you just keep doing dungeons in order to gear up for the next dungeon, rinse and repeat.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:34   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
You shouldn't get into it, its just an endless grind - you just keep killing monsters to get levels, and then at level 60 you just keep doing dungeons in order to gear up for the next dungeon, rinse and repeat.
Whilst there are people who view it just as a means to get better in-game gear, the game wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is if there wasn't some actual enjoyment to be had from playing it. Something like C'Thun, for example, is a fun fight.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:48   #47
_Kila_
break it down!

True, there are some fun fights like Vaelstrasz is fun at first, so is Chromaggus (especially when one of his afflictions is time lapse) but it does get repetitive and boring - after some time you're just doing the same bosses over and over to get gear in order to help your progress in the next instance.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:50   #48
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I watched it for tom.

As a set piece of comedy I thought the episode was a bit 'lack-luster'. I confess that while i am aware of southpark I would not normally choose to watch it. I could not quite understand why there was so little 'in game' footage when the game was sop central to the plot (perhaps they presumed the audience was familiar with the game).

In all I think the plot failed because it tried to do too much. It tried to both look at the humorous and anthapological aspects of this 'second life' phenomina and also to crow bar in gags about computer 'nerds' in a generic sense. I think those two aims were far too conflicting and given there were only 20 odd minutes I don't think it achieved either.

Perhaps an analogy better expresses my meaning: it was like the sexually attractive geek. It would have pulled if it had committed to it's geekiness and not been ashamed. But the continual self deprecation made it unattractive.
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:52   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Chromaggus was never fun, the fight takes too long. Vael's still good though.
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 00:44   #50
_Kila_
break it down!

Chromaggus depends on your class, as a Paladin I found learning the encounter with Time Lapse very fun, I was with the hunters cleasing and healing them while throwing random heals to the raid, I loved the running in and out in time.
Other classes might find it boring though, but they get more fun at other bosses (Firemaw for example, and I nuking Vael with burning adrenaline would be fun)