User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jun 2006, 02:59   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Revision

Why do I find it so hard to motivate myself to revise? I have a Medical Law exam at 9am tomorrow (6 hours) and I've hardly done a thing. I've just sat in my room for days doing **** all and pretending to myself and my friends that I'm working. It shouldn't even be too hard to get the revision done, the exam's all ethical bullshit anyway.

And I just spent five minutes writing this thread. Hurrah.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 03:21   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Revision

i hate that feeling.

I think the problem is that you are smart. You obviously need to revise but you could probably get by without doing much. Its also part of you which tricks you into thinking your doing revision. Its like sometimes I would go to the library, chat for 5 hours come out and think hey ive done 5 hours of revision.

It will be all over soon anyway and im sure you will be fine, good luck.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 05:04   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Alas, i am afflicted with procrastination and apathy as well

I know how you feel exactly.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 07:24   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Its like sometimes I would go to the library, chat for 5 hours come out and think hey ive done 5 hours of revision
Ain't it the truth.

We all went to the study group bits on level 2, i'd just plug my headphones into the computer and listen to radio 1 while we all discussed how we're going to fail and what drinking games we're going to do afterwards.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 08:59   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It took you 5 minutes to write that?

If you're that slow then you really should do some revision pronto!

Oh wait there's only 1 min until the exam starts. Good luck with that revision.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:27   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

He'll be stuck in now. Hope the paper isn't too bad.
I do that tbh, I'm like "hey, I can just do this bug fix" and everyone on IRC is saying "**** OFF AND DO SOME REVISION FFS". I think I actually managed about 3-4 hours of constant revision per module. I just kept getting sidetracked etc.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:50   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I hate that feeling. Knowing that I have lots to do, but still can't motivate myself to get started. My 72hour home-exam in macro economy starts in 4 hours and I've just read through some notes Had a 3 hour exam yesterday that I was #1 priority, but I fear this exam is gonna be harder than expected
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 10:02   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Why do I find it so hard to motivate myself to revise? I have a Medical Law exam at 9am tomorrow (6 hours) and I've hardly done a thing. I've just sat in my room for days doing **** all and pretending to myself and my friends that I'm working. It shouldn't even be too hard to get the revision done, the exam's all ethical bullshit anyway.

For university revision time (when you've got a lot of information to soak up) I left my computer at home 100 miles away and just sat in my kitchen furiously writing notes.

Fortunately now my exams are open book, I can do an entire topic in 3 days by writing notes/checklists, tab it up and i'm ready to go.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 10:18   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

you sound like me, ive been telling myself past 2 weeks im going to do solid revision, my exams start on monday. Im kidding myself i will pass them, whilst in reality i dont actually know. Anyway ive taken all the crap out of my room, all that is left is a desk, bed and books. So now im going to try 16-18hours a day(yeah right)
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 11:51   #10
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I have the exact same problem. I managed to get some revision done for my first exams by spending 5 hours in the library every day for three weeks, but I left all my revision for my last exam until after I'd taken all the others. In theory this gave me 5 days, but by then I was fed up of revision so I procrastinated for all but a few hours on the day before the exam. Luckily the questions turned out to be fairly easy though.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 12:03   #11
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Seems to be an IRC/PA syndrome

i am kinda in the same situation at the moment. My way out of it is that i complete every single other task i can think of until only the revision is left - that includes cleaning my room and doing the laundry etc :P

the only thing i have thought about is that the worldcup starts tonight and there is no way around that

good luck guys !

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 12:11   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Revision

Quote:
Why do I find it so hard to motivate myself to revise?
Welcome to the lazy club, son.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 13:10   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, it's all over. My scribbling on the exam paper aside, it went 'alright'.

So, the questions that I did (choice of 8).

2) What evidence, if any, exists to suggest that the courts might be moving away from the strict rigour of the Bolam test? How, if at all, has the patient's ethical right to be fully informed been affected?

3) "The sham distinction between acts and omissions perpetuated by the judiciary in order to allow doctors to kill, has surely been finally undermined by the decision in Re A (conjoined twins) (2000)."

Critically evaluate this statement.

4) Identify and critically examine the law in respect of advance directives.

It wasn't too bad, all in all. Nothing came up on HIV/AIDS despite the lecturer hammering it all year. The rest of the questions were pretty sneaky, one of my friends got caught out
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 02:50   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well lets hope that i don't end up marking your script.

(it's not as though i have marked them for your uni for the last 3 years ...)
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 04:52   #15
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Goodness I could probably answer the second question on Re A.

I had Legal Ethics yesterday. Answered questions on Role Differentiated Obligations, the Cab Rank Rule, Access to Justice as a 'Constitutional Principle' and Advocacy Ethics/Duties to the Court.

What fun. Roll on International Environmental Law.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 09:35   #16
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
well lets hope that i don't end up marking your script.

(it's not as though i have marked them for your uni for the last 3 years ...)
Out of interest, do you mark scripts from multiple modules, or specialise in one (e.g. Criminal Law)?