User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:46   #51
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The funny thing about cooking is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
You've never had homemade yorkshire puddings with a drop or two of ketchup in?
No.

I like ketchup - in fact people generally look at me in disgust when I order a decent(ish) steak from a decent(ish) restaurant and ask for some ketchup to go with it.

However, I don't mix ketchup and gravy. I also don't really like yorkshire pud's that much (although I do eat them).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:52   #52
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ketchup with a roast dinner is wrong!

Speaking of ketchup and wrong, imo its fry ups...

I dont understand why people put ketchup on the fryup plate, theres beans there if you want some tomato taste and you must always have brown sauce or am I alone in this thinking ;/.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:54   #53
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i only put ketchup on my fryup if i have sausages, if i dont have sausages the beans suffice.

Brown sauce is foul
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:57   #54
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Brown Sauce is a gift from the gods made in Aston \o/
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:57   #55
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I can cook a lively spagetti bol type meal, but its been getting pretty boring for me of late. I've been trying to think of ways to spice this particular dish up (figurativly not literaly).

It's really hard to find good fresh basil I would attempt to grow some myself but I fear the plant would die.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:00   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
I can cook a lively spagetti bol type meal, but its been getting pretty boring for me of late. I've been trying to think of ways to spice this particular dish up (figurativly not literaly).

It's really hard to find good fresh basil I would attempt to grow some myself but I fear the plant would die.
I use parsley and thyme instead of basil. You can grow good parsley and thyme practically anywhere!
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:05   #57
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
that sounds worse, gravy and ketchup, hmm
It's not like I mix them together.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:09   #58
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I love to cook aswell. Sometimes I screw up and sometimes I don't, but that's not so dangerous aslong as I'm the only one eating it, it's the cooking that's fun.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:16   #59
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ketchup? On yorkshire pudding?

Oh Sniborp
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:24   #60
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Ketchup? On yorkshire pudding?

Oh Sniborp
Do you take yorkshires with something else then? Drugs?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:39   #61
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup works quite nicely as a dessert, I can't imagine having it with ketchup though..
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:46   #62
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ketchup with a roast dinner is wrong!

Speaking of ketchup and wrong, imo its fry ups...

I dont understand why people put ketchup on the fryup plate, theres beans there if you want some tomato taste and you must always have brown sauce or am I alone in this thinking ;/.
bacon and brown sauce

i'm down with that.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:48   #63
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Do you take yorkshires with something else then? Drugs?
Yes, that's right... drugs.

No! Gravy!

(nb: Gravy is not slang for drugs)
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:50   #64
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
bacon and brown sauce

i'm down with that.
heaven
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:51   #65
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup works quite nicely as a dessert, I can't imagine having it with ketchup though..
and people dont find this wierd?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:52   #66
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Yes, that's right... drugs.

No! Gravy!

(nb: Gravy is not slang for drugs)
Just mentioning people have different things different ways.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:54   #67
pig
1up on you

Talking of golden syrup, gammon marinated in golden syrup is delicious.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:35   #68
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Just mentioning people have different things different ways.
Well yes, for example, I'm one of the types who likes (nay, needs!) ketchup with a fry up.

Also, does anyone have a special way they cook something that's a little weird?

When I have fried eggs on toast (which is fairly often) this is what I do.

I put three eggs in a pan and 3 bits of toast on the grill. Toasters are normally rubbish, you get a far more even cook with a grill. Then I break the yolk of the eggs while they are in the pan, normally with the shell of one of them. I break them simply because it cooks the yolk better, runny yolk is all well and good for soft boiled eggs, but not for fried, it seems like a waste.

I put the 3 eggs on the 3 pieces of toast and then take them to the table to eat. I cut the first egg away from the other two (they are of course still connected at this point) and take one piece of toast with it, effectively giving me one egg on toast. Then, I remove the yolk from the white of the egg and put the white on the plate, leaving the yolk on the toast. I eat the white of the egg without the toast (but with lots of ketchup) then turn my attention to the yolk and the toast. I split the yolk into 9 different bits, hopefully all roughly the same size and arrange them in a 3 by 3 pattern on the toast. Then I pour loads of ketchup onto the toast and eat it in 9 bites, one bite per bit of yolk. Repeat x3.

It's a technique I have honed over the years and I'm rather happy with it
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:44   #69
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

who would have thought that someone as lazy as deepflow would develope such a specific form of OCD ...
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:50   #70
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I've got the strange habit of never eating the last bite of my food

I don't really know why... I just don't like it
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:16   #71
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
who would have thought that someone as lazy as deepflow would develope such a specific form of OCD ...
It tastes nicer that way, and lasts longer
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:18   #72
Cannon_Fodder

Scrambled egg on toast, yes. Fried eggs on toast, well no.

I can't eat the whites by themselves (with or without ketchup) as they are too, you know... soft and squidgy. And the yolks would make the toast soft and wet, so its a double downer :/
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:20   #73
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

If you break the yolks then they aren't wet though, more surface area better cooked etc etc etc.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:28   #74
Cannon_Fodder

oh you mean you break the yolks but don't mix it, so the yolk goes to that pale orange solid mass thingy?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:35   #75
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
oh you mean you break the yolks but don't mix it, so the yolk goes to that pale orange solid mass thingy?
Yes.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 17:07   #76
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't know why but I translate "Gammon" as "should've had bacon"

am i wrong?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 17:43   #77
Cannon_Fodder

Yes. A nice fried gammon steak in between two slices of white bread and some chips on the side is
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 18:17   #78
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

currently got roast potatos with some rosemary in the oven

and if you are having a fry up, it has to be brown sauce ftw
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 00:13   #79
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Grilled peanut butter (chunky style) with blackberry jam (seedless) and sliced banana sandwiches are tasty though somewhat messy.*

*while it is true that I actually like the above, I admit that I have only included it in this thread to outrage Yahwe's sense of decorum. He is quite cute when enraged.
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 00:35   #80
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling

Some of the things I used to sometimes to a standard bolognese sauce included:

- Worcestershire sauce
- Different Vegetables (yellow and red capsicums work really well)
- Cayenne and Paprika
- Baked Beans

I've also heard of a bolognese recipe that does away with the mince and only uses some kind of shredded bacon instead...

I love bolognese, its one of those dishes that you can experiment endlessly with, so many things work well with it.
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 02:20   #81
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Grilled peanut butter (chunky style) with blackberry jam (seedless) and sliced banana sandwiches are tasty though somewhat messy.*

*while it is true that I actually like the above, I admit that I have only included it in this thread to outrage Yahwe's sense of decorum. He is quite cute when enraged.
I am always cute.

and I despair, not for you, but for the lady joy!!!
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 02:21   #82
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderbunny
Some of the things I used to sometimes to a standard bolognese sauce included:

- Worcestershire sauce
- Different Vegetables (yellow and red capsicums work really well)
- Cayenne and Paprika
- Baked Beans

I've also heard of a bolognese recipe that does away with the mince and only uses some kind of shredded bacon instead...

I love bolognese, its one of those dishes that you can experiment endlessly with, so many things work well with it.
chicken livers for the win
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 03:40   #83
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I've got the strange habit of never eating the last bite of my food

I don't really know why... I just don't like it
People do that here in Japan, they always leave a bit of their food when eating out... My understanding (though I'm not quite sure) is that if you eat it all, your obviously not satisfied yet and need to eat more.

Rather in contrast with my upbringing of 'finish everything on your plate', the result being some rather filling meals during welcoming parties...
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 03:47   #84
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderbunny
People do that here in Japan, they always leave a bit of their food when eating out... My understanding (though I'm not quite sure) is that if you eat it all, your obviously not satisfied yet and need to eat more.

Rather in contrast with my upbringing of 'finish everything on your plate', the result being some rather filling meals during welcoming parties...
the best examples of the dichotomy are the norse communities and japan

you filled in the japan part. the norse part is basically 'if you don't leave some food then it is an insult implying that your host has not provided enough)

british culture digested (excuse the pun) this dichotomy with the following saying: "you are damned if you do and you're damned if you don't"
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 09:58   #85
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i had always been told that the japanese ate everything put in front of them as they didnt want to appear impolite
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 14:31   #86
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

wasnt that on a hsbc advert? that leaving the last bite malark
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 15:48   #87
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i had always been told that the japanese ate everything put in front of them as they didnt want to appear impolite
and a hole in one means you have to give the other people presents.
Unread 21 Apr 2006, 10:00   #88
roadrunner_0
cynic

idi...pie MUST. MAKE. JOKE.
Unread 21 Apr 2006, 10:38   #89
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i like to cook, please no fat jokes, and im pretty good at it. yes i make a ****ing awesome pie, but im also a dab hand at anything (other than cakes to tell the truth, but i think that was more of an oven issue).
I remember the chilli thread

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2006, 00:33   #90
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
chicken livers for the win

its been [i]ages[/] since i did chicken livers, last time i made them in a really rich and creamy gravy, and they were rather nice, although i couldnt eat them very often i dont think