User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Mar 2006, 03:24   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Robert Jordan ...

... has been diagnosed with imminent death

More importantly the Wheel of Time series isn't finished.

I would say im aghast but i think EVERYONE expected this to happen (ie Jordan dying before finishing the series).

this thread was stolen from *here*
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 03:40   #2
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Robert Jordan ...

Thank god, if he dies then there can be no more books and I will be freed from servitude.

On a slightly more serious note he does seem to be approaching this with a really good attitude, I hope he makes it through it ok.

Last edited by vampire_lestat; 25 Mar 2006 at 03:55.
vampire_lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 14:17   #3
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm killing myself if I don't get to know the end. (Well not really, but still...)

Really hope he gets to live for a long time, and he did sound like he had a positive attitude. Hope he finishes his series before he dies.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 15:35   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

son of a bitch

he had better not die before finishing that ****ing series

(on a more serious not e i really hope the treatment works for him)
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 17:15   #5
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

the problem with jordan is that whilst his books aren't actually that good (in fact from about 7 wheel of time has been rather shit) you can't help but read them. He's the author equivelent of a crack peddler, the first hit is great but you can't just quit at that .
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 17:43   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

wheel of time turned into crap in the last few books. that one prequal was somewhat entertaining, but other than that its just nor worth reading anymore . how was the last one?

now if there would be any danger that a song of ice and fire is never going to get finished, that would really upset me.
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 10:32   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. Not read the latest book, but he better get better soon, and finish the last book
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 18:22   #8
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to think that because he's destined to write these books or whatever he can will himself to live long enough to see his goals complete. Fantasy author right?

Pratchett would advise him not to start reading any long books, let alone write them.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 18:27   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In any case, I intend to live considerably longer than that. Everybody knows or has heard of someone who was told they had five years to live, only that was twenty years ago and here they guy is, still around and kicking. I mean to beat him. I sat down and figured out how long it would take me to write all of the books I currently have in mind, without adding anything new and without trying rush anything. The figure I came up with was thirty years. Now, I'm fifty-seven, so anyone my age hoping for another thirty years is asking for a fair bit, but I don't care. That is my minimum goal. I am going to finish those books, all of them, and that is that.
I've no idea who this person is, but I have a lot of respect for anyone who would write this.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 20:44   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the last book was better than the couple before it, although again there was some scene setting for the next (last??) book
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 23:09   #11
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is like the less important equivalent of Frank Herbert dying....
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 08:45   #12
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
the last book was better than the couple before it, although again there was some scene setting for the next (last??) book
Knife of Dreams was certainly better than the 3, or 4 books before it, and New Spring (prequel to the series) was rather good as well. Only the last book is remaining now, and the way Knife of Dreams ended, it is going to be quite exciting.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 09:36   #13
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Really? I thought it was just as shite as the previous three or four.

Jordan seems to have gotten into a pattern of writing five chapters of the characters walking from point A to point B, then spending one or two pages on the 'climactic' finale.

That said, at least a third of the book wasn't taken up with the search for grain and the problem of weevils.

Christ people. If you are going to spend money on books, read Erikson. You'll at least get your money's worth.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 13:54   #14
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Christ people. If you are going to spend money on books, read Erikson. You'll at least get your money's worth.
I approve this message. But he'd better not die anytime soon :-\
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 14:02   #15
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Do you mean the same erikson who wants US-$ 25 for a crappy 150-pages shortstory, printed in 12pt in a book the size of a DVD-cover? That doesn't exactly fit in with my idea of 'money's worth'.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 14:08   #16
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

If that is Steven Erikson, then yes. Though I don't know of any shortstories by him...
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 14:20   #17
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
If that is Steven Erikson, then yes. Though I don't know of any shortstories by him...
well it was more a short book than a shortstory ('blood follows'), but it was crap none the less. I paid about 5€ more for a feast for crows, which was about 5 times as long (and entertaining).
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 15:11   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
Do you mean the same erikson who wants US-$ 25 for a crappy 150-pages shortstory, printed in 12pt in a book the size of a DVD-cover? That doesn't exactly fit in with my idea of 'money's worth'.
This is the erikson who wants £7:99 for a 960 page novel in pt8 or so. They are the same guy, but you should be reading the malazan book of the fallen series.
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 15:44   #19
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
This is the erikson who wants £7:99 for a 960 page novel in pt8 or so. They are the same guy, but you should be reading the malazan book of the fallen series.
I did and they were pretty good, but I got kind of pissed off by that guy for blood follows.

edit: whats wrong with the forum right now?
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 21:32   #20
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The price of the novella's has got nothing to do with the author. It's a rare distribution by a smaller boutique publisher. The books cost more because it was such a small print run.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 15:58   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Hmm, well seeing the series unfinished wouldnt be good, I hope that he pulls through. I'm not a huge fan of the way that series has gone, but I'd be sad to see it go unfinished.