User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2006, 05:11   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Blog madness

So I'm reading this many blogs currently:
(I trimmed the list down a couple of weeks ago)

Yahoo! Press Releases
The Unofficial Photoshop Weblog
AL Online News
Free Range Librarian
The Assimilated Negro
LITA Blog
Librarians' Internet Index: New This Week
mozillaZine
Creation Robot
Googling Google
Web 2.0 Explorer
Open Source
Between the Lines
Latest e-Government News From Around the Web -- ZDNet
Official Google Blog
MSN Search's WebLog
Yahoo! Search blog
Apple Press Releases
A9 Developer Blog
Misadventurous Memoirs: mourning the loss of Ed
Paul's Journal
BPMdynamics.com
The Shifted Librarian
Merriam-Webster Word of the Day
Free Government Information (FGI) blogs
Adrants
The Unofficial Yahoo Weblog
SitePoint Blogs
Drawn! The Illustration Blog
Internet Outsider
gapingvoid
Yahoo! User Interface Blog
Search Engine Journal
Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO
Yahoo! 360 Product Blog
Search Engine Roundtable
Ask Jeeves Blog
Bradley Horowitz's Blog
PaidContent.org
Yahoo! News Sandbox
Yahoo! Mail Updates
The Unofficial Microsoft Weblog
CSS Insider
The JavaScript Weblog
The Open Source Weblog
Flash Insider
The Social Software Weblog
Engadget
The Peer-to-Peer Weblog
The Unofficial Google Weblog
The RSS Weblog
Internet Resources
MemoryBlog

I'm looking to add more. What's wrong with me?
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 06:01   #2
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Blog madness

You don't seem to be reading many good blogs?

What do you get out of reading five Yahoo! weblogs?
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 06:02   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You seriously need to get out more.

A LOT more.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 06:05   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
You don't seem to be reading many good blogs?

What do you get out of reading five Yahoo! weblogs?
Interesting information. Lots of it.

Official search engine blogs are amazing, and also very popular. I get most of my hits on my blog when I mention Google, MSN, or Yahoo. Even my ask jeeves blog post has more page views than my others.

What blogs do you read that are 'good' ?
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 06:10   #5
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I prefer to read the blogs of people I know, or political commentators. I've never really read a developer or corporate weblog.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 06:25   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
I prefer to read the blogs of people I know, or political commentators. I've never really read a developer or corporate weblog.
Well, there's a big difference between a weblog from a technology corporation than a weblog from some other kind of corporation. They're much more honest, for example, the MSN blog post about Firefox extensions for MSN search. That must be the only time, ever, that anyone paid by Microsoft has even ever mentioned that browsers name, much less wrote about it, postively.
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 07:34   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I must be strange, I've never read a 'blog' in my life.
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 08:05   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
You know I think there are blogs for any kind of interest you might imagine, and there are usually some high quality ones for every kind of interest too. Admittedly some of those things I listed aren't blogs, but just feeds like press releases and the merriam webster word of the day.
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 09:58   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I'd imagine you have, although it depends what you define as a blog. Something like Maddox's Best Page in the Universe is a blog by most definitions (despite his protestations) and Penny Arcade is basically a blog (albeit combined with a comic) and I think they've said as much. Taking the widest definition something like Slashdot or the Register could be temed blogs too, although I'm not sure how useful such a definition would be.

But yeah, blogging - not just for 13 year old girls.

Anyway, aside from personal acquaintences, I don't regularly keep of many blogs. There's very little I want to keep that up-to-date with (I get most of my political news from a mailing list). I don't think I could read as much PR-copy as s|k seems to. To be honest though, the real reason is simply the format. I don't use any RSS aggregator and because I don't use Blogspot, it's not easy to remember checking a whole bunch of sites.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 17:29   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd imagine you have, although it depends what you define as a blog. Something like Maddox's Best Page in the Universe is a blog by most definitions (despite his protestations) and Penny Arcade is basically a blog (albeit combined with a comic) and I think they've said as much. Taking the widest definition something like Slashdot or the Register could be temed blogs too, although I'm not sure how useful such a definition would be.

But yeah, blogging - not just for 13 year old girls.

Anyway, aside from personal acquaintences, I don't regularly keep of many blogs. There's very little I want to keep that up-to-date with (I get most of my political news from a mailing list). I don't think I could read as much PR-copy as s|k seems to. To be honest though, the real reason is simply the format. I don't use any RSS aggregator and because I don't use Blogspot, it's not easy to remember checking a whole bunch of sites.
If it doesn't have a feed, it's hard to put it in the category of web log. An integral part of a web log is the syndication mechanism.
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 18:05   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i've got nothing against blogs, i read several music ones whenever i can be bothered to, myself.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 18:17   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
What blogs do you read that are 'good' ?
I only read Dante's.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 18:41   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
If it doesn't have a feed, it's hard to put it in the category of web log.
I disagree, although I'd agree that most blogs certainly have feeds. But then again, so does the BBC site, my Gmail account and these forums - and I don't think any of those qualify as blogs. But I suppose definition don't really matter here.
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 18:48   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

stop being lazy and update your livejournal more
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 18:49   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 20:31   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah, I've decided to become more apathetic and shit and generally bother a lot less.

It's going well so far.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 01:02   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://xooglers.blogspot.com

A fascinating look at the insides of google (written by ex-employees), for those who are interested.
Unfortunately due to blog format, the first story is last, so you have to go back to the november archive and read from the bottom up.