User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Nov 2005, 21:18   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Banner Blocking...

http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/periodic/Pt.html

I'm guessing most people who click on that link are going to get a "Banner Blocking Detected" message.

Anyway to bypass that if other sites adopt a similar thing (other than to turn off banner blocking or javascript since I need it for 2 sites)?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 22:52   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Banner Blocking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I'm guessing most people who click on that link are going to get a "Banner Blocking Detected" message.
Er..I don't think I did, where abouts?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 23:03   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Er..I don't think I did, where abouts?
It's a big message in the middle of the page, if you don't see it, you don't have ad blocking software turned on.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 23:05   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/periodic/Pt.html

Anyway to bypass that if other sites adopt a similar thing (other than to turn off banner blocking or javascript since I need it for 2 sites)?
I use Norton Internet Security Ad Blocking. It comes with a button for IE that let's me turn on ads for sites. Yes I use firefox, so I have to open up the page in IE to turn ads on, and then it will work in firefox too. I could just go into Norton and do it manually, but I always mess up the paths.

Can you configure your ad blocking to allow that site to show ads?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 05:09   #5
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No website is worth turning on advertising.

I see it as a disturbing trend.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 15:56   #6
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
PAGE LOADING....

If this message does not get replaced by real content, then the JavaScript onLoad event did not run correctly. If you are using ad blocking software, you will need to disable it for this site to display pages correctly.
Using opera. Pop up blocker but not ad blocker.
Edit: And it works
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 18:13   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

This is what you get if you do go on it with ad-blocking software - the coding for it I have also obtained if anyone wants it:

Quote:
Banner Blocking Detected

Your web browser, software on your computer or some other event (like you have image loading turned off) is preventing some or all of our banner ads from being displayed on our pages correctly. In order to access our content, you must either allow us to display ads on our pages (by turning on image loading and/or disabling ad-blocking) or purchasing a paid ad-free subscription to this site.
WE DO NOT USE POPUP ADS OR POPUNDERS

WE DO NOT USE POPUP ADS OR POPUNDERS, nor do we use Flash, Java or other "rich-media" (aka bandwidth hogging) ads. We limit animated gifs and make every effort to reduce the overall bandwidth requirement of all pages on this site. Also, we greatly restrict the genre of ads that are displayed. We restrict our ads to traditional on page GIF/JPG/PNG banner ads and text based ads.
How to Disable Ad Blocking

NOTICE: as we DO NOT use popups or popup unders, there IS NO NEED TO DISABLE POPUP BLOCKING in order to access our site. You don't like popups and neither do we. Also, there IS NO NEED TO DISABLE YOUR FIREWALL if you are using one, you only need to disable the ad-blocking component of the firewall if it has one (e.g. ZoneAlarm Pro).

There are scores programs and services on the market that offer banner ad blocking abilities. As such we will only focus on a few of the most common programs.

* Firefox with Adblock extension: Type [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[b] to disable/enable adblock or type [CTRL]+[Shift]+[P] then uncheck "Enable Adblock" and press "Enter".
* Symantec Norton Internet Security: If you are using Symantec's "Norton Internet Security" software, banner blocking may have been turned on without your knowledge. You can turn off ad blocking in Symantec NIS by opening Norton Internet Security. In the main window, double-click Ad Blocking and then uncheck "Ad Blocking". NOTICE: there is no reason to disable NIS, only the ad-blocking feature needs to be disabled to access this site.
* ZoneAlarm Pro firewall: You can turn off ad blocking under the tab "Privacy" and then slide the "Ad Blocking" control to the off position. NOTICE: there is no reason to disable ZoneAlarm, only the banner blocking option needs to be disabled to access this site.
* AdSubtract: Right mouse click on the AdSubtract icon in your task tray (looks like an orange circle with a plus and minus sign) and select "Disable AdSubtract".
* Go!Zilla Ad Muncher: Right mouse click on the Ad Muncher icon in your task tray (looks like a cow's head) and select "Disable filtering." The cows head will turn red.
* WebWasher: Right mouse click on the WebWasher icon in your task tray (looks like a blue circle with a white "W" and then select "Deactivate standard filter".

If you block ad servers on a domain name by domain name basis, you need to unblock the following domains:

* banners.affiliatefuel.com
* www.affiliatefuel.com
* affiliatefuel.com
* aftrk.com
* banners.aftrk.com
* banners.environmentalchemistry.com
* pagead2.googlesyndication.com
* rcm.amazon.com

Why We Banned Banner Blocking

This website is not sponsored or produced by some faceless rich corporation or public entity. This site is the product of the hard labor of one individual and his family. Producing and delivering the content on this site is expensive. If we are to continue to make the resources on this website available to individuals like yourself free of charge, we must be allowed to use banner advertising as a means of paying the costs of maintaining this website.

We don't ask that users act upon our ads, we simply ask that all users do their part to help support our efforts by either purchasing a paid subscription or allowing our ads to be displayed. Rather than an intrusion, our banner ads should be looked at like a no cost use fee that allows us to continue to produce great content.

Again, for those who would like to enjoy a banner ad-free experience on our website and are willing to help support our efforts directly, we do provide an ad-free paid subscription option.

Sincerly,
Kenneth Barbalace
Creator of EnvironmentalChemistry.com
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote