User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Oct 2005, 06:40   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
On Battlefield 2, Cheese, and Shrimp

Not really.

Anyhow. Just a comment I'd like to make: I don't post for attention, to vie for a POTW nomination, or to find my name on the Best 5, or positive reps. I doubt that many of you do either. For me it's a forum to discuss things with people I know. Despite our international character and diversity we do have a lot in common. Most of us are about the same age (20's), spend lots of time on the computer, have an education, have similar tastes in music, games, sports, etc. Many of us appreciate philosophy, history, current events, TV shows, relationships, etc. For some of us GD is probably an escape from a different world, but that's okay. And it is to share my ideas with this group and to learn of your ideas and happenings why I visit. That's it. If I were into popularity contest I'd put up a photoshop'ed image on hotornot.com.

Despite my aversion for 'best of lists' I participated in skippy's GD Awards, because I wanted to drop some names and show how I relate to them openly. I haven't repped anyone in over a month now, as I don't see that as an adequate avenue of communicating with others, and so this was an opportunity I jumped on.

Anyways, I've been wanting to make argument for repealing rep, as it's in my signature, and I think what I've just said really is at the core of my distaste for rep.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 06:55   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: On Battlefield 2, Cheese, and Shrimp

What.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 08:47   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm allergic to shrimp.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 08:54   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

With regards to Forum rep, i think it is particularly useful in the Planetarion Discussions (ie PD, Suggestions, Strategy and Help Desk etc), were forum Rep can be used to communicate between people, plus also act as a reward for someone going the extra mile to explain an aspect of the game to a greater degree if they know that people out there will read and appreciate that effort.

The above posters in this thread who, at the moment, all have a huge string of green blobs, doesnt add very much to discussion on GD. quite frankly, GD can do without it (in particular) as it only leads to threads (like this, ironically) that talk about forum rep.

I dont know whether it is possible to segregate PD and GD with regards to rep, but just because it isnt useful on GD doesnt mean you should remove it entirely.

I reckon.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 09:18   #5
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oh look, another one.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 10:09   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

s|k - I'm not sure why you feel you have to keep complaining about the rep system.
You don't care about it so why not see it as "extra colours under my avatar" and you can minimise the "rep received" section in your profile so you don't have to see it.
What would be at all different without the rep system except having a string of "lol" replies after someone makes a good joke or a string of "YOU'RE A TWAT" replies when Texan* posts?

*for example

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 11:37   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't see any negative side to the rep system. The only main flaw in it is that we all have 10+ blobs under us, so getting points is pointless now.

A reset might be nice, but a repeal is pointless.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 14:07   #8
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'm not quite sure why there hasn't been a vote on it. It wouldn't be that hard to do would it ? maybe people with higer rep could have their vote count as double 0_o
Surely at least a re-scaling of the blobs. i.e. people with tripple my rep have the same amount of green blobs.
Personally i'd also like to see anonymous rep gotten rid of
Yeah, a vote wouldn't be hard to do. But as we've learnt earlier when voting to get rid of anonymous rep, we are all under the steely hand of a dictatorship
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:05   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like cheese.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote