User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2005, 01:04   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Classic Ship Names

Are we ever going to see the retun of Interceptors (as fighters) or War Frigates (as frigates)

Nostalgia ftw!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 01:32   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: Classic Ship Names

well we do still have spiders and ghost's

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 02:15   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

well, is I get to make the shipstats again in the future, there will be a return of some of the old classic names .

btw, Phoenix is pretty much a Classic name too, since it was R4. Before that, it was the Torpedo
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 08:50   #4
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

just got me thinking. How about smart ships with characteristics of PA players

Id love to see a fleet composed of 1300 Ultimate Newbies and 200 Smudges*

*ofc since there's less smudges they must be more powerful
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 12:51   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mmmmm, I loved my War Cruisers
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 08:47   #6
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

War Frigates loooooool
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 15:26   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd love to see them back, but tbh they don't fit in with the races. If someone wants to come up with new sets of names that fit together and include old ships, they're welcome
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 15:40   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
well, is I get to make the shipstats again in the future, there will be a return of some of the old classic names .

btw, Phoenix is pretty much a Classic name too, since it was R4. Before that, it was the Torpedo
was the phoenix not rd 3 with the game stopped to change the stats for that ship iirc

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 15:46   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I can actually see how I can fit in names without having them related to races. However, incase it all goes wrong, I won't elaborate
Do people not like the themed ship names? I don't think it'd be the same without having the "classic" names:
Terran mythical creatures
Cathaar spidery things (really should be things with venom)
Xan weapons (well, they were before I broke the names :P)
Zik pirate stuff.
This was, generally, to do with their sterotypes - Zik steal, Xan do high damage, Cath immobilise. Could we make the themes stronger, or change the races perhaps?

Last edited by Appocomaster; 27 Nov 2005 at 17:50.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 13:23   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
just got me thinking. How about smart ships with characteristics of PA players

Id love to see a fleet composed of 1300 Ultimate Newbies and 200 Smudges*

*ofc since there's less smudges they must be more powerful
Hehe, I wonder what ship will be named after me then

(look, an open goal ... )

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...