User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 May 2010, 01:09   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
New beginners manual & video

Well done on both the beginners manual & video, should make it easier for new players to find everything and get of to a decent start

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 01:20   #2
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Re: New beginners manual & video

aye.. And it took only 37 rounds to make this
Definately a good thing. Perhaps you should explain more about how ship targetting works and how attacks are performed. Additional tactics would also be helpful and some sort of guide on the biggest mistakes you can make (like building multiclass attack fleets, sending wrong ships for defense and stuff).

Well done.. Though I'm sure the guy burps at the beginning

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 01:25   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually, the video has been around for 2 rounds now, if I'm not mistaken.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 01:27   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

First time i've seen it though (and first time I got a message telling me to look at the manual & watch the video)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 02:09   #5
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Actually, the video has been around for 2 rounds now, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, the game date was from January, so that makes it more like 3 rounds since it was made.
Unread 29 May 2010, 02:21   #6
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

start of round35
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 08:37   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

the quality isnt really amazing, the guy speaks a bit fast also

specially if its not your native language

however its good there is something like that

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 14:12   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

[01:22:13] <@Wishmaster> I didnt even know there was a video
[01:22:17] <@Wishmaster> HAVE IT ON FRONT PAGE
[01:22:21] <@Wishmaster> let people know about
[01:22:31] <@Wishmaster> if i dont know about it, new players wont know about it either :/
[01:22:33] <@Ace> its on the portal
[01:22:48] <@CybDev> err, it was spammed everywhere for some time?
[01:22:54] <@Wishmaster> hehe
[01:22:56] <@Wishmaster> not enuogh
[01:22:57] <@CybDev> it's gotta be a year or so old now? more?
[01:45:21] <@Wishmaster> Beginners manual
[01:45:21] <@Wishmaster> Fri, 28 May 23:45:36
[01:45:21] <@Wishmaster> New to Planetarion ?
[01:45:21] <@Wishmaster> Please visit the beginners manual on the portal.
[01:45:21] <@Wishmaster> And don't forget to watch the video.
[01:45:23] <@Ace> changed my mind
[01:45:24] <@Wishmaster> there we go!
[01:45:25] <@Wishmaster>
[01:45:28] <@Ace>
[01:46:11] <@Ace> now every new planet gets it too
[01:48:30] <@Wishmaster> good

I had NO idea there was something like this, and I have no understanding why this hasnt been mailed to all players each round.
Once the passport is up an drunning, all new players should get this mailed, atleast as a start before a better built in-game feature is up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2010, 14:15   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had absolutely no idea either although I had heard rumblings about one being created at some point.
Unread 29 May 2010, 17:56   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I've known, but I helped Ace create it so I don't count! Sorry if I talk to fast, it is a video though, so you can always rewind! It would be really easy to do more of these, I did that one in about 20 mins. I wanted to keep it to the basics of setting up a planet, but it would be easy enough to do several more advanced videos on attacking, defending, and even things like how to use the com unit.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 01:01   #11
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
I've known, but I helped Ace create it so I don't count! Sorry if I talk to fast, it is a video though, so you can always rewind! It would be really easy to do more of these, I did that one in about 20 mins. I wanted to keep it to the basics of setting up a planet, but it would be easy enough to do several more advanced videos on attacking, defending, and even things like how to use the com unit.
No offense, but it also really shows that you only put 20 mins of effort into it..

It's obviously better than none though!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 01:39   #12
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
No offense, but it also really shows that you only put 20 mins of effort into it..

It's obviously better than none though!
No offense taken. I only did it because Ace asked me to, zPeti doesn't pay me anything, so why spend the time to provide him with professional content?

#strategy
Unread 30 May 2010, 07:42   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
No offense taken. I only did it because Ace asked me to, zPeti doesn't pay me anything, so why spend the time to provide him with professional content?
Because you take pride in what you create?

"Lol, it's free" is a terrible excuse for mediocrity
Unread 30 May 2010, 09:01   #14
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Because you take pride in what you create?

"Lol, it's free" is a terrible excuse for mediocrity
He did not say that. He said he did not get paid. Which is a fair contemplation between effort and reward. Especially when your time is scarce.

Thanks Monroe for making it. If they want it to be better let them (read zpeti) pay you a few hours fee for making it professional.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2010, 10:32   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I had absolutely no idea either although I had heard rumblings about one being created at some point.
Perhaps it should be mailed (ingame or not) after planet creation? That way everyone receives it and PA veterans can just disregard it.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2010, 13:44   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Perhaps it should be mailed (ingame or not) after planet creation? That way everyone receives it and PA veterans can just disregard it.
I'd put it in the email you send out. Most PA players ignore anything in them bar the password but I'd imagine new players actually read them.

And to be fair "why put time into something you're not getting paid for is pretty weak". I'd imagine someone out there would enjoy doing it enough to put some real effort in.
Unread 31 May 2010, 14:02   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd put it in the email you send out. Most PA players ignore anything in them bar the password but I'd imagine new players actually read them.
Yeah exactly. A player who played this game before will not read the mail bar the password they need for activation.

But you should also send it ingame(I assume that's possible?), not?

As I strongly doubt a new player will actually bother with this forum. When I started playing PA, I only started visiting this forum as of round 3/4 anyway.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2010, 15:18   #18
Monroe

Quote:
I'd imagine someone out there would enjoy doing it enough to put some real effort in.
Then by all means they are welcome to do so (for 37 rounds no one seems to have shown the interest). I personally don't have any desire to give zPeti my time for free, call me greedy if you want, but I look at it as a rational decision based on a scarce resource (my time). Plus given the example of our illustrious owner, I feel vindicated in simply following his leadership in the effort and professionalism categories.

#strategy
Unread 31 May 2010, 18:32   #19
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Ok I see my nick mentioned a few times

I wanted the beginners manual a long time and asked for help from the alliance reps.
Since that gave some info i went on and asked JBG and monroe to help me get this page made ( as seen below the page )

Now I see this page as a good start for something more.
The page is added to the MOTD popup so that any new planet that signs up sees that and can make use of the info on that page.

I also see monroe's remarks on future movies, that will make me go poke him some more
And if there are more ppl with great ideas or offers to help, you can mail me ingame or poke me on IRC.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote