User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Mar 2009, 14:54   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
About time for a GUI update

My work I did last night.

Portal

TechTree 1600x1200

Stage 1: Race Selection

Stage 2: Goverment Forming

Stage 3: Population

Stage 4: Research and Development

Stage 5: Account Details

NOTES: The ship and helmet images are from other sources, no idea who did them.

Any suggestions welcome....

EDIT: Created a blog with all updates on Classic Planetarion

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 6 May 2009 at 17:39.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 14:58   #2
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: About time for a GUI update

I like it... its so... blue

I notice all races are easy to play
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 15:52   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

yeah text is just a place holder

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 16:01   #4
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough

i have to say i like them, and i agree we need a new portal and look of the game, like i posted on the newplayers/irc thread i recon that the look of PA is one of the resons ppl just dont sign up
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 16:14   #5
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: About time for a GUI update

looks very user friendly good job

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 17:51   #6
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i like it

maybe not the colours and the random gfx u inserted there
but it contains everything whats needed to see, not more not less

very nice

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 17:56   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Added stage 2 of sign up, forming a Goverment.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 17:59   #8
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

while its all very well to encourage the formation of governments plz try to remember any Fued player wont form a govt until he starts building ships, tick 60 at the earliest.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 18:12   #9
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
while its all very well to encourage the formation of governments plz try to remember any Fued player wont form a govt until he starts building ships, tick 60 at the earliest.
Thats why I placed a WAIT thingy there. No where in the current PA does it state how to play the game.

EDIT: You could even amend the end of the discriptions to include suggested strategy points.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 18:53   #10
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Thats why I placed a WAIT thingy there. No where in the current PA does it state how to play the game.

EDIT: You could even amend the end of the discriptions to include suggested strategy points.
apologies for my 1337 eyes o_0

yeh certainly a start up process that puts you through the right stages could be quite helpful to new startups.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 19:13   #11
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Looks quite nice. It isn't perfect, but this is certainly close to what the game needs.

Someone get this man involved, along with new people who know how to implement it properly. No more walls of text on any page!
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 19:36   #12
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

looks good a lot more user friendly than the current layout.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 19:54   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Added Population screen

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 22:50   #14
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Teddy_Bear will become famous soon enoughTeddy_Bear will become famous soon enough

i really like they way you have done the sign up account giving the steps to your planet hopefully explaining things to new players slowly and this way they cant just get into game without ever having a bit of manual info thrown at them many games ive played have sign ups like this. hope the PA team take note

also looking at the pictures on the imgs the helmet was on a welcome image on planetarion.com and also the default galaxy banner i forget from which round. The ship in the top left is a cathaar spider if i recall from the days we were gonna get ship pics i believe this was one of the few ever done but never got ingame. The two ships on the portal part in the middle i think where done by a old player when pa was still talking about getting them images of ships in game (not 100% sure on this one) am i rite?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 23:12   #15
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

The top right ship is acutally the tarantula, the spider has only 3 pylons.

I should have that I collected these images (and many many more) over the last few years. I know the names of the ships, but not who made them.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 23:24   #16
Teddy_Bear
The Original Teddy

Quote:
I should have that I collected these images (and many many more) over the last few years. I know the names of the ships, but not who made them.
can u put up the old ships that where done, i do like a trip down memory lane
Unread 15 Mar 2009, 02:24   #17
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

YES!

This sort of thing is very good. Pictures are great.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2009, 03:21   #18
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I like the colour scheme and the layout is decent too.
Using copyrighted images is a problem, but I hope someone at Fubra might see this and use it as inspiration and create a better version from scratch.

Props for effort!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2009, 17:38   #19
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Looks decent MrL. I hope they can find some inspiration in this and create an up to date GUI for the game.
eltsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2009, 20:21   #20
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Looks quite nice. It isn't perfect, but this is certainly close to what the game needs.

Someone get this man involved, along with new people who know how to implement it properly. No more walls of text on any page!
second that. he invested time in this others (e.g. Androx) so get him involved by creating a new portal for next round the current one is just shit compared to what others made the last rounds. stop using templates please! Rather get 1 cool portal up matching criterias like user friendliness, overview and pls dont spam the portal with useless details like whats happening on forums etc.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2009, 23:00   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be more than willing to help out with MrLobster + others if they ever needed help

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 16:22   #22
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

fecking good work mate.
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 16:25   #23
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

yes please, good work!
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 18:26   #24
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
No where in the current PA does it state how to play the game.
which is why i would personally like to see more informative quests & tutorials for new players. i've tried to bring new players to the game before and they didn't understand the quest system and instructions because it tells you what to do, but not how to do it. they are also not linear, meaning you can do step 4 of advanced, step 2 of beginner, etc - instead of beginner step 1-5, advanced 1-5 and such.

nice images too, i don't remember where i've seen a layout similar to that though. i think it was one of the mmo's i've played.
Unread 16 Mar 2009, 18:39   #25
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

I will say that any reselmblance to other work, is purely coincidental.

I spent a few hours, moving stuff around and adding bevels/shadow/glows to everything trying to find a good design.

These were my second attempt, but the first was pretty similar.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 14:02   #26
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Added tech tree

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 11:00   #27
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I strongly belive that OP links should replace the current setup.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 11:15   #28
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

glad someone linked me here, because now i know what a huge balls up has been made with the new portal, those ideas are awesome and should be implemented or be given the time to be implemented.

fantastic work

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 12:22   #29
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I strongly belive that OP links should replace the current setup.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 12:34   #30
Sjimmy
dutch tard

Sjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really impressed with the work you did MrLobster, keep it up

Hope someone important agrees with us

Last edited by Sjimmy; 14 Apr 2009 at 14:07.
Sjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 13:11   #31
Kael
The Evil Hamster

Kael will become famous soon enoughKael will become famous soon enough

Awesome work there MrLobster!

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - It's time to toss the dice.

#Spacehamsters
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:47   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This thread is over a month old and there seems to be zero take-up from anyone who matters. Shame.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 16:22   #33
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

ehm, Achi just pointed this thread out in new portal thread..

i must agree its really shameful that such a nice work has not been taken into account and the terrible new skin was implanted instead..

great work lobster dude, its very nice and just the thing we need as new portal imo.. the steps towards creating an account and all the grafics as well was perfect.. perfect i say

shame on ppl that work on this game and are not making anything up from suggestions that good
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 19:12   #34
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Looks awesome, I love it! It looks more akin to a MMORPG than a text based game - which would attract a whole new set of players. Definately a huge improvement, especially on the latest FUBRA attempts at a portal! The other areas look to be nice improvements too, id love this as a skin.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 11:58   #35
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

looks pretty good man, keep up the good worK!
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 14:07   #36
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

looks quite good to me! nice job!
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 16:09   #37
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
ehm, Achi just pointed this thread out in new portal thread..

i must agree its really shameful that such a nice work has not been taken into account and the terrible new skin was implanted instead..

great work lobster dude, its very nice and just the thing we need as new portal imo.. the steps towards creating an account and all the grafics as well was perfect.. perfect i say

shame on ppl that work on this game and are not making anything up from suggestions that good
I was asked by PATeam if would be able to supply them with the source and images, but I have been without internet for about a month so was unable to send it.

However i'm back now, and i will see if my work can be included in some form or another.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 18:54   #38
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wish PA Team had someone in their ranks who would regularly post on their behalf and give feedback etc to suggestions in these forums
Unread 6 May 2009, 17:40   #39
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Created a blog with all updates on Classic Planetarion

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 6 May 2009, 19:36   #40
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I wish PA Team had someone in their ranks who would regularly post on their behalf and give feedback etc to suggestions in these forums
they are read. However, as there's a popular thread on pd from the owner's official graphics designer which seems to have a fair amount of support, until we have a passport system which supports multiple templates, i'm not sure what we're meant to do if MrLobster gives us graphics and a css file in the format we've previously given him we'll attempt to integrate his lovely work ingame.
Unread 15 Aug 2010, 07:25   #41
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Another year, another bump for my work.

I'm available to work if Jagex has any free spaces?

I've not looked at the graphics since last year, so adjustments would be in order.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 23 Jun 2011, 11:55   #42
colane

colane is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: About time for a GUI update

héhé,

My first post will be a necro

But I believe an improvement of graphics would definately bring back more players!
I love PA since i came back this round,
but the stuff to look at while playing is just boring!

Come on jagex! this can be better!

I felt this had to be said yet AGAIN!

thank you for reading!
colane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2011, 12:24   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by colane View Post
héhé,

My first post will be a necro

But I believe an improvement of graphics would definately bring back more players!
I love PA since i came back this round,
but the stuff to look at while playing is just boring!

Come on jagex! this can be better!

I felt this had to be said yet AGAIN!

thank you for reading!
We need some graphic monkeys in the PA team.
Unread 23 Jun 2011, 17:55   #44
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I dont know what to say...

It took you 1 day of work to redesign half of PAs ugly pages and facelift it.

I'm asking myself what the hell the PA devs are doing all the time.

I absolutely love your work and I think that's the first step PA needs to do before it can even think about attracting new players.

Next step would be an IRC client tailored for PA with automatic netgamers registration and all common channels in it. Maybe even an online client which you dont need to download, basically a vastly improved com unit

+1 from me

EDIT: Just realized the necro. Still thumbs up from me for your work. An even bigger shame that the devs STILL HAVEN'T WORKED ON THIS!!!

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2011, 18:24   #45
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

PA has devs?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2011, 21:48   #46
Rhubarb

Rhubarb will become famous soon enoughRhubarb will become famous soon enough

I agree with korsan's comment about the com-unit which should be much improved & think the designs look great.

Can we have a competition each round to create the best design/graphics for something? Maybe that way your see who is out there with time and skill?

Rhubarb
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 00:20   #47
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the com unit. It doesn't need to be more complicated as it does the job it needs to do perfectly well, except the odd scrolling issue when changing channels.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 04:33   #48
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fantastic, anything is better than what's up there now but this is really great.

As for credit for the images...I know Coffee did quite a bit of images and stuff in r2/3/4. Can't say the helmet design is his though, the ship designs either...I think those came from Spanner unless I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's Coffee though.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 14:50   #49
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the com unit. It doesn't need to be more complicated as it does the job it needs to do perfectly well, except the odd scrolling issue when changing channels.
My suggestions are to make comunit more accessible and uncomplicated.

It's a pain to explain new players how to set up irc (as com unit doesnt work for +i channels). A PA tailored IRC would be very handy. This IRC should also be integrated into PA and replace comunit.

The com unit as it is now is cryptic and doesn't work for many cases. As soon as you start playing in an alliance you'll need do undergo the time consuming mIRC setup procedure. At "Horde" it was a pain to explain people why IRC is needed and how they should use it. Any simplified way to give new users a way to connect to the community is by no means complicating the game, just demanding some work from some coding genius

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 16:50   #50
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

The comunit does work for +i channels, I'm sitting in multiple different ones on it right now.

A guide probably would be useful though, yes.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote