User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Apr 2009, 10:57   #301
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
No I'm not ignoring it. In fact, you're agreeing to my point - that a solid combined unit is not getting along.

As for the reason why, i respect that whatever it is. But that's another subject.
Cocteau your point is absolutely absurd!

Are you actually saying ND + DLR + Denial should play together under one tag, and if they don't it's their own fault if they can't compete with Asc?

What you are basically saying is people who actually don't want to play together should be forced to... yes I can see that 'tag' doing extremely well when put under pressure and when decisions are required to be made...
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 11:02   #302
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

dont forget that the rise of bg's can partially be explained by the much much improved alliance ingame tools; it takes away the burden for new small alliances (BGs, whatever you want to call it) to create a playable tools webby and providing an easier choice for a new alliance to use a round to build up first. Its one of the best improvements ingame last 2 years

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22

Last edited by Onim; 19 Apr 2009 at 11:41.
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 12:50   #303
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Cocteau your point is absolutely absurd!

Are you actually saying ND + DLR + Denial should play together under one tag, and if they don't it's their own fault if they can't compete with Asc?

What you are basically saying is people who actually don't want to play together should be forced to... yes I can see that 'tag' doing extremely well when put under pressure and when decisions are required to be made...

No. Don't get me wrong, i haven't suggested anything nor criticise the reasoning why they can't get along.

All im saying is, say if we'll be jotting down bullet points on why some says the coming round will be one-sided in their opinion. We probably should put my point as one of the highest. Before suggesting that the game is now in the state where only Asc can save it, Asc is recruiting actively or things like that.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 12:59   #304
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
All im saying is, say if we'll be jotting down bullet points on why some says the coming round will be one-sided in their opinion. We probably should put my point as one of the highest.
The highest point would be people completely over-playing the strength Asc have.

Lets face it, yes last round was a great performance by them, however the situation next round is completely different and if put under the same kind of pressure I don't believe they could win. That is mainly due to the following reasons...

1. The round is alot shorter
2. Salvage has been reduced greatly, therefore roids matter more!
3. Zik as a race is alot weaker, and as such the incredible salvage gains some planets had last round wont be repeated.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 13:39   #305
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The highest point would be people completely over-playing the strength Asc have.

Lets face it, yes last round was a great performance by them, however the situation next round is completely different and if put under the same kind of pressure I don't believe they could win. That is mainly due to the following reasons...

1. The round is alot shorter
2. Salvage has been reduced greatly, therefore roids matter more!
3. Zik as a race is alot weaker, and as such the incredible salvage gains some planets had last round wont be repeated.
How would we put them under the same kind of pressure? we dont have Omen to flak the Asc incs for the other alliances.. So even if a block manages to exist, it'd crumble on the first night of incs.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 13:52   #306
Game^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
How would we put them under the same kind of pressure? we dont have Omen to flak the Asc incs for the other alliances..
Depends upon how alliances are approaching BP's and galaxies. If they are spread Asc would find it very difficult at the start to target any one alliance, as lets face it P targetting on your own is pretty much impossible at the start of the round.

Quote:
So even if a block manages to exist, it'd crumble on the first night of incs.
Why would it? The block either exists and stands a chance or crumbles and gets bummed. Just make sure you haven't got CT in the block and you'll stand a greater chance of alliances realising pain will have to be taken!
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 14:05   #307
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Depends upon how alliances are approaching BP's and galaxies. If they are spread Asc would find it very difficult at the start to target any one alliance, as lets face it P targetting on your own is pretty much impossible at the start of the round.
Asc will never be by itself. It'll always find at least one ally.

Quote:
Why would it? The block either exists and stands a chance or crumbles and gets bummed. Just make sure you haven't got CT in the block and you'll stand a greater chance of alliances realising pain will have to be taken!
As no-one wants to be the alliance Asc targets and as soon as Asc targets them.. they'd pull out of the block as its no longer any benefit to them.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 14:25   #308
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:

As no-one wants to be the alliance Asc targets and as soon as Asc targets them.. they'd pull out of the block as its no longer any benefit to them.
Could you explain this to CBA please? We've been trying, but with little success.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 18:17   #309
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

i think my post on predictions thread gives a workable block ruling out backing out when its a block of 1 main alliance trying to beat asc for 1 spot backed by bg's who have different goals than highest end of round allyrank (for instance maximising fun, and whats more fun to say in the end your effort was of big importance in bringing down the alliance everyone favours pre-round? its worth fighting for imo)

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 18:57   #310
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Sigh... Ascendancy have actually been known to fight by themselves and (JBG correct me if i'm wrong) only recently in the last 5 or so times Ascendancy have played, have they really played the politics game

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 19:12   #311
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Playing politics isn't hard when everybody shits themself as soon as you mention 'Asc will attack you'...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 19:43   #312
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Sigh... Ascendancy have actually been known to fight by themselves and (JBG correct me if i'm wrong) only recently in the last 5 or so times Ascendancy have played, have they really played the politics game
In r19 we worked together a bit with exi so we'd have someone to do fcs with. In r20 we worked with ND and omen right at the end of the round to hit the #1 gal. In r25 we worked together with some others (can't remember who) to hit the #1 gal. That's it up until the end of round 26 unless I've forgotten something.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 19:49   #313
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
In r19 we worked together a bit with exi so we'd have someone to do fcs with. In r20 we worked with ND and omen right at the end of the round to hit the #1 gal. In r25 we worked together with some others (can't remember who) to hit the #1 gal. That's it up until the end of round 26 unless I've forgotten something.
Exactly..

Unread 19 Apr 2009, 19:50   #314
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Could you explain this to CBA please? We've been trying, but with little success.
Dont you think I personally realise everything in this thread?

Unread 19 Apr 2009, 20:05   #315
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I bloody well hope so - I'd fear for your safety in the outside world if you weren't just taking the piss.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 22:05   #316
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I don't believe this is true. If it has I'd probably leave Ascendancy myself. What would be the point of playing.
How can you not believe it is true?

Asc currently has 130+ planets going into the round where they would of been favourites with only 60 planets while all other 'big' alliances are even struggling to reach the alliance limit.

After Asc dominates this round, its going to slant even further in Asc's favour.. As Asc is now seen as the only alliance to play for.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 22:07   #317
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How can you not believe it is true?

Asc currently has 130+ planets going into the round where they would of been favourites with only 60 planets while all other 'big' alliances are even struggling to reach the alliance limit.

After Asc dominates this round, its going to slant even further in Asc's favour.. As Asc is now seen as the only alliance to play for.
I can think of enough ways to try and beat ascendancy that I doubt anyone else can't even think of one that's worth pursuing.
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 22:08   #318
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
iam not sure about the community dying, but from reading many of these comments alot do seem to be taking crack.

Asc had a fight on their hands last round, and i dont see any reason why they shouldnt this round. Omen were stopped from running away with round 30 early on through other allys cooperating with Asc.
suggesting that at any point last round omen looked like running away with the round...i really must question who seems to be taking crack here?

Quote:
Also nothing about the creation of new BGs is about 'rediscovering fun', personally iam doing one because i think it is the right tactical choice,
i cant speak about the creation of WAFHH as that was nothing to do with me but rediscovering fun was a big part of joining it.

after a few rounds fighting for your ally at all costs and HC'ing etc for me its nice to just work with a reliable core, with no expectations except to work for each other and do as well as we can

i wouldnt say its the best tactical choice by any stretch of the imagination, but for me the only choice. my options were to join asc and roidrace my allymates all round bashing the universe, not play at all or join a smaller ally/bg (even though im aware i will get bashed anyway). i ruled out joining CT/ND/Fang based on recent history of how large allys run and fail, and the fact another round of working my ass off only for asc to dominate holds no interest for me.

in that sense the statements about the community giving up could be considered true. i like to think this BG phase is either rebuilding or taking time off to re-think without abandoning a game we all enjoy very much.

Quote:
while those BG/allys with the restraint not to fill a tag will not be in the top 10 ally tags, for the others (Asc/CT/ND) there is all to play for.
on paper maybe, but looking at recent history of the past 5/6 rounds - not really.

especially considering talk that ct and nd are weakened this round and that asc have 150 members with access to munin, and are still actively recruiting.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2009, 22:58   #319
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onim View Post
dont forget that the rise of bg's can partially be explained by the much much improved alliance ingame tools; it takes away the burden for new small alliances (BGs, whatever you want to call it) to create a playable tools webby and providing an easier choice for a new alliance to use a round to build up first. Its one of the best improvements ingame last 2 years
cant comment for other bgs/small alliances, but we got access to two set of tools.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 10:34   #320
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
As Asc is now seen as the only alliance to play for.
i know alot of people who would rather bite their own balls off than join asc, maybe its the only choice for those who cant handle the fire outside asc and that says alot about the new asc members and alot more about the players capable of regularly making the top 100 without def leeching who havent joined asc.

If asc is really recruiting to 150 members then maybe they are thinking they can win round 31 solo.

while it would be an interesting experiment, those players able to recall when legion and fury dominated the universe will also remember those allies would kick their own members so they could attack them. If Asc gets in a commanding position, any member not in the top 60 should watch their back!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 10:49   #321
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not really.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:01   #322
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

why have asc recruited well over and above the tag limit? (please don't reply with 'because we can' =/)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:07   #323
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

cos theres no reason not to?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:12   #324
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

130 asc planets vs alliances that have it hard to get to 60-70... sounds like fun!
Next round 400 Asc vs 40?

Have fun playing the round alone guys!

PS: no matter how you guys try to twist the truth and come up with unlikely scenarios in which you might have a small chance of losing, you've still won r31 before tickstart

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:15   #325
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
cos theres no reason not to?
there is. knowing full well that your opposition this round is minimal, i find it highly irresponsible in the current game climate to recruit to this extent.

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:26   #326
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
there is. knowing full well that your opposition is struggling to recruit members, and the opposition to you is pretty much non existant due to the lack of numbers, i find it highly irresponsible in the current game climate to recruit to this extent.
Asc are just playing by the rules set for them by PAcrew. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Its not Ascendancy's fault that the people who make the rules, dont actually play PA.

Anyone who says Asc have won the round is retarded. If Omen/CT could do what they did to Asc for the first part of last round, the rest of the universe couldnt do it again. Who knows, maybe this time, alliance decision makers will have the intelligence to not let them get off the carpet.

If people really care that much that Asc dont win, go to your HC, and do something about it. If you dont really care, then dont. The only reason these things are happening, is because we, as a community, allow it to.

Edit: Im sorry, but Asc arent the elected Guardians of Planetarion. They are an alliance/community, nothing more, i think people should accept their own part in this, not just blame Asc.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:29   #327
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Asc are just playing by the rules set for them by PAcrew. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Anyone who says Asc have won the round is retarded. Im pretty sure if Omen/CT could do what they did to Asc for the first part of last round, the rest of the universe couldnt do it again. Who knows, maybe this time, alliance decision makers will have the intelligence to not let them get off the carpet.

If people really care that much that Asc dont win, go to your HC, and do something about it. If you dont really care, then dont. The only reason these things are happening, is because we, as a community, allow it to.
i wasn't aware tag limits had been increased to 130 players

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:32   #328
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
i wasn't aware tag limits had been increased to 130 players
They havent.

Im pretty sure at no stage will Asc have more planets in-tag (70?) than the game allows.

Not their fault the support rule was removed.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:43   #329
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
They havent.

Im pretty sure at no stage will Asc have more planets in-tag (70?) than the game allows.

Not their fault the support rule was removed.
you cannot sit there and tell me that recruiting close to double the tag limit, when some alliances are struggling to even HIT the tag limit, is a responsible thing to do?

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:43   #330
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
there is. knowing full well that your opposition this round is minimal, i find it highly irresponsible in the current game climate to recruit to this extent.
I seriously do not believe ascendancy will dominate this round, and although I haven't really paid any attention to how many are being recruited (i've heard 130-150, but alas my intel comes from this forum and we know how reliable that is) I suspect that ascendancy swelling its ranks may not produce the quality that everyone expects. In fighting and internal groupings are more likely which never help the whole.

Bear in mind though ascendancy is quite dynamic and will (I hope!) adapt if necessary, but if all you naysayers and doom tellers are right, i think this would be quite amusing:

Quote:
Incidentally I was talking to jester the other day and he said if Ascendancy wins this round he'd be pro kicking everyone afterwards and just seeing what happens.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 11:53   #331
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
you cannot sit there and tell me that recruiting close to double the tag limit, when some alliances are struggling to even HIT the tag limit, is a responsible thing to do?
Im not trying to tell you anything. I am simply saying, why do Asc not have the right, to increase their odds of winning the round, by playing within the rules set for them by PAcrew?

Edit: With regards to h1tmans quote of JBG: Either that or a successfull disband vote, at which point, PA is on shit street, as im sure alot of people are "play Asc or not at all."

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 20 Apr 2009 at 12:00.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:01   #332
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In response to KB: I have just made it my mission, and I'm actually going to work at it, to make sure as few members of your BG finish next round in the Top 100 as possible. Thank you for giving me my motivation in a round where that otherwise might have been difficult.

As regards our member levels, there will not be 150 planets playing for asc next round. Whilst I believe there are currently ~130 people with access to #ascendancy, many of them are not playing next round and quite a few have not played in some time. We frequently don't kick members from our channel if they are taking a round or five off, especially if they have been in the alliance a long time. Even after the infamous reset post R28 a huge number of non-playing people were immediately re-added under the "furniture" clause.

It's also important to consider how recruitment in Ascendancy actually works. In brief: any member, regardless of the length of time they have been in the alliance, can propose someone new for membership. All that is required is to issue a prop command to munin detailing the reasons why you think we should recruit so and so. Everyone then gets a vote on it and the majority carries. This results in a lot of very new members inviting even more new members and so on.

Simply put this is our current philosophy on how to be successful in Planetarion. Far too many alliances are ruled by powerwhores who think they know better than everyone else and make all their decisions for them. Who they'll play with, how much intel they need to play efficiently and so on down the line. It's been widely discussed that many of the BG's cropping up this round are happening for exactly this reason and in such an environment it's hardly surprising that Ascendancy is also popular.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:07   #333
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[JungleMuffin
Edit: With regards to h1tmans quote of JBG: Either that or a successfull disband vote, at which point, PA is on shit street, as im sure alot of people are "play Asc or not at all."
unfortunately the more asc dominate the more that will be true imo...

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:10   #334
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I proposed several rounds ago, that Asc split, and join one of two allies: Mz's Mongs or JungleMuffins legendarywtfcoolcoolawesometeam. Both dedicated to the absolute destruction of their rival alliance.

I am still willing to head the march towards victory!
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:12   #335
Fuzzy

if this happens Fuzzy's fags will play and represent the gays of the pa community. ill have foxman, wishmaster, hellkicker and an endless line of men 'behind me'

needless to say, we will win by a glorious margin o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
It's been widely discussed that many of the BG's cropping up this round are happening for exactly this reason and in such an environment it's hardly surprising that Ascendancy is also popular.
the regular winning and *lack of a realistic opponent worthy of joining helps, no?

*this applies more to r31 than previous rounds when their seemed to be multiple alliances in a position to win pre-round

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:20   #336
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm not sure man, did people join us because we're the most likely to win or are we the most likely to win because people joined us?
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:22   #337
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
As regards our member levels, there will not be 150 planets playing for asc next round. Whilst I believe there are currently ~130 people with access to #ascendancy, many of them are not playing next round and quite a few have not played in some time. We frequently don't kick members from our channel if they are taking a round or five off, especially if they have been in the alliance a long time. Even after the infamous reset post R28 a huge number of non-playing people were immediately re-added under the "furniture" clause.
so how many members are you realistically expecting to have this round

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:26   #338
Fuzzy

well like someone here in asc said - you always had the potential, but that only around r26? you started to play seriously...

i think a lot of your recruitment in the past few rounds has been because youre most likely to win. youre most likely to win because you always had a very strong core, which have only recently been fulfilling their potential

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:37   #339
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

It's pretty hard to say Mek. Personally I expect we'll have between 90 - 110 playing members that might expect to finish in the T500, including late signups. However with so many new people joining there may be friction which would likely result in this number being whittled down. #ascendancy can be an extremely hostile channel at times and not everyone who joins ends up staying. I'll have a much firmer answer a few days into the round when most people who are playing will have added their planet details to munin.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:45   #340
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I play in ascendancy because of the community and the loose, all in style of leadership. People may come for the glory but stay because they like the method of play.

I'm not suggesting this is mimiced exactly, but if anyone in the opposition strayed from the rigid hierarchy of HC/BC/whatever (I haven't been in an alliance with HC since Deus so I apologise for being naive) and created something more fun, with the important element of allowing members the freedom to get properly involved I suspect that the mentality of "asc or nowhere" as well as the domination will end.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 12:58   #341
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I'm seriously hoping ASC win this round.
There are two ways they'll play it. Either they will play dead for much of the round and hit the front with two weeks to go trying to tell us that it was harder than we think. Or (my prediction) they will just steamroller everyone and lead from the front.

An easy victory for ASC will make them realise that drastic change is required to make the game more fun.

Roll on round 32 (an ASC free round)
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:03   #342
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Not really, didnt Asc only have about 50 planets at the start of last round.. So if 50% of them are 'play asc or quit' then we only lose 25 planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
I'm seriously hoping ASC win this round.
There are two ways they'll play it. Either they will play dead for much of the round and hit the front with two weeks to go trying to tell us that it was harder than we think. Or (my prediction) they will just steamroller everyone and lead from the front.

An easy victory for ASC will make them realise that drastic change is required to make the game more fun.

Roll on round 32 (an ASC free round)
An Asc free round isnt the only solution, They just need to alter there recruitment policy to no-props once they reach the limit. For example this round, those extra 40+ planets which are in Asc.. would of filtered into other alliances, making for a more even round (even though Asc would still be favourites, it wouldnt be so slanted in there favour that theres no point playing).

I dont really see why they didnt do this anyway, as it would help maintain there '1337' status/ego due to recruitment being more rigid (as there isnt unlimited spots.. people might not vote for someone to join, if they want someone better in).

130+ members vs 50-70 members, isnt a very fun round for anyone (except those in Asc that dont want competition)
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:06   #343
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
I play in ascendancy because of the community and the loose, all in style of leadership. People may come for the glory but stay because they like the method of play.
well thats what i mean, people ORIGINALLY joined asc for the community and play style (i guess the appeal of playing with and learning with some of the best players in the game was also a factor)

whether people stay because they like the method of play is yet to be seen...as asc have won 4 of the past 5 rounds.

imo if we were to see a shift in things to asc going back to 'not caring' a lot of the members would move on...but thats merely a guess...

Quote:
I'm not suggesting this is mimiced exactly, but if anyone in the opposition strayed from the rigid hierarchy of HC/BC/whatever (I haven't been in an alliance with HC since Deus so I apologise for being naive) and created something more fun, with the important element of allowing members the freedom to get properly involved I suspect that the mentality of "asc or nowhere" as well as the domination will end.
allowing the members to get properly involved? :P

most alliances with rigid hierarchy are BEGGING people to get more involved but the quality, experience and motivation of players in these non-elite alliances simply cant cope with it. people who want involvement can have it, ive been promoted to HC in the past 2 alliances ive played in in the past 2 rounds, simply by helping out and working for the ally. even in omen which was rated relatively highly member participation and enthusiasm was minimal. it wasnt only a shortage of people wanting to help out and DC or BC, but even if people had incs many cba to come online to do calcs. attacking at night many people cba to look at the targets and pick something or organise a teamup.

the 'freeeeeeedom' model is very idealistic and can work with the right playerbase (as asc have shown), but to think that it is the answer to the problems in the game regarding alliances and competition atm is indeed...very naive.

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:22   #344
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
PS: no matter how you guys try to twist the truth and come up with unlikely scenarios in which you might have a small chance of losing, you've still won r31 before tickstart
I don't think anyone in Ascendancy has predicted we'd lose.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:29   #345
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Look, Ascendancy have even recruited idiots like CBA to prove that the model doesn't need everyone to be "OMGSUPAHL33T" or clever. The fact that everyone knows how the system works and is accustomed to it makes it easier for new people to get the hang of it I guess.

As for the BC/DC stuff - there are loads of people who don't want the position of "BC" or "DC" as it means that they have responsibility and are expected to fulfill the role on a regular basis, which they don't want to do. Without these roles, people can see defcalls, see that they have some spare time and pick them up. There's also almost certainly someoen around to pick up the DCing when they leave because there is no "shortage of DCs" as other alliances have.

As for organising teamups, surely having BCs gives members the impression that they're supposed to be the ones donig the organising, so they may not feel as ready to organise teamups themselves. It's a lot easier to start organising teamups when you see 10 different people doing it than it is when you just see 2-3 "BCs" doing the teamups.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 13:57   #346
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Look, Ascendancy have even recruited idiots like CBA to prove that the model doesn't need everyone to be "OMGSUPAHL33T" or clever. The fact that everyone knows how the system works and is accustomed to it makes it easier for new people to get the hang of it I guess.
Nobody's saying it needs everyone.. Obviously the members who dont want to do anything, get the same as every other alliance (attacks organised for them, i'd guess you wouldnt just ignore there def calls either, politics sorted for them etc).

You just need enough competitent people to handle the work load and people to always be there to step in when the main people arnt online.

Quote:
As for the BC/DC stuff - there are loads of people who don't want the position of "BC" or "DC" as it means that they have responsibility and are expected to fulfill the role on a regular basis, which they don't want to do. Without these roles, people can see defcalls, see that they have some spare time and pick them up. There's also almost certainly someoen around to pick up the DCing when they leave because there is no "shortage of DCs" as other alliances have.
This i'd sort of agree with, as its the main reason i never want to be a BC or DC when offered.. As it means that i'd have to do it almost every night. Then again, if you dont have competitent people doing it, you'll end up with suicide defence or people over-using ships.

but were getting off-topic. The reason Asc is so popular these days is nothing to do with your 'system', no matter how much Asc members try to say it is. The simple reason is, people are joining Asc as they want to win and dont want to admit thats the sole reason. For example, If last round when Asc was in trouble.. If Omen/ND/CT kept hitting Asc then and Omen/ND/CT went on to finish the round 1st/2nd/3rd.. we wouldnt be in the situation now, as Asc would of been a much less appealing place to join.
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 14:06   #347
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I don't think anyone in Ascendancy has predicted we'd lose.
I know, but Cocteau for example has posted crap like 'if nd + dlr + denial core played together bla bla bla'.
Everybody knows you're gonna win no matter what unlikely scenario you can come up with so enjoy dominating the round again!

Unread 20 Apr 2009, 14:39   #348
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I know, but Cocteau for example has posted crap like 'if nd + dlr + denial core played together bla bla bla'.
Everybody knows you're gonna win no matter what unlikely scenario you can come up with so enjoy dominating the round again!
FOR F*CKS SAKE WILL YOU ALL STOP SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINEY NERDS AND GROW A F*CKING BACKBONE!

This right here, is a prime example of why Asc continue to beat you: A defeatist mentality.

People like you (and reading this thread, there are alot,) are as important to Asc winning 4 in a row, as their own members. Why the f*ck would they need to break your spirit, when you do a better job of it than they ever could.

When will you fools realise, Asc can only win, if you let them.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 Apr 2009 at 17:26. Reason: underscores to spaces, stop breaking the forum layout please
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 14:53   #349
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

Quote:
FOR F*CKS SAKE WILL YOU ALL STOP SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINEY NERDS AND GROW A F*CKING BACKBONE!

This right here, is a prime example of why Asc continue to beat you: A defeatist mentality.

People like you (and reading this thread, there are alot,) are as important to Asc winning 4 in a row, as their own members. Why the f*ck would they need to break your spirit, when you do a better job of it than they ever could.

Scapegoating is so much easier than being proactive though.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 Apr 2009 at 17:26. Reason: quote fix
H1TMANish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 14:55   #350
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
This right here, is a prime example of why Asc continue to win: A defeatist mentality.

People like you (and reading this thread, there are alot,) are as important to Asc winning 4 in a row, as their own members.

I've given up trying to fight them, every round the same alliances make the same mistakes anyway.

Here's some fun facts for you to play around with:
a) Asc has almost double the memberbase of any other alliance atm.
b) Due to their 3 in a row / 4 out of 5 they manage to recruit SHITLOADS of t100 players who just want to win...
c) No other alliance atm has the skill nor the willpower to go into a conflict with Asc & come out on top. Lets also not ignore the fact that it's semi impossible to block vs Asc with the current alliances, as soon as one gets a bit of a lead or falls behind alot they'll just leave the block.

Now take all of this into account and come up with a strategy that will help the non asc allies overcome...

Let me know the second you can come up with a plan that works (ps: forget about 50-75% of the current alliances helping out)

Quote:
Scapegoating is so much easier than being proactive though.
Nothing to do with scapegoating, all to do with realism

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 Apr 2009 at 17:27. Reason: quote fix