User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 11 Jan 2005, 22:18   #1
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
The Character Sheets

After long and careful thought, it occurs to me that not everyone knows about other roleplayers and should be informed of them. This thread is just that, a thread where characters can be posted down with their known abilities, looks and known backgrounds.

This is taken from the idea of character threads that were a part of the Roleplaying Forum between 2 and 3 years ago.

All character sheets should put at least the following:

Name:

Anything else you place is up to you, be it abilities, weapons or even a list of your fears/weaknesses.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 22:43   #2
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Character Sheets

i can post an old, not entirely up to date and entirely incorrect one if you want.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 23:12   #3
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

My current problem is I have to many characters around, and some need their histoy sorted out so it actually makes sense to others and not just myself.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 23:47   #4
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

yer, same. plus we have to post one of our characters together.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 00:08   #5
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Well i'm guessing that this is for ourself in hotels, bar, brawls, barbrawls, etc. and so forth. So here goes.

Name: Mrmao
Description: He is a mark IV Nanodroid. The Nanodriod was a break through that greatly increased the computing power and memory. However the most startiling thing occured when the mark IV was in develpoment it became apparent they had actual AI, something only dreamed off before.

The Mark IV stands at the average Six feet. Mrmao has the flesh addon that effectivly gives him skin that looks just like any humans. He has chosen brown hair and brown eyes, the hair and eyes came along with tha package. On his neck is the serial number 34-124-235, he was forcibly branded with this number six months after he got the skinpackage.

The Mark IV is like all other andriods has faster reflexes, and is stronger. In adition the mark IV has regular photo receptors. However thay also have Infared, and Ultraviolet receptors. Also the central processor is emp shielded

History The Naondroid program was from Nanotech. They used Nanites to form the central processer that controled the android Chassis. The Mark IV schived AI without meaning toom however Nanotech saw a way to make some money they advertised the Mark IV as the other choice when it came to programing. The Mark IV was the second most popular model after the first ever home avalible android.

However the Mark IV's AI gave them a life and within a five years they had purchased themselves from there owners. The Mark IV's then became counsumers and Nanotech produced the skin package to counter the stigma the Mark IV was followed by. Mrmao as his owner had designated him bough one of these skin packages.

The next seven years past plesently for Mrmao and other Mark IV's. This changed however when a political group taped into the perjudice against AI. To Reamin in power they enacted laws against AI and forced as many mark VI's into 'internment' camps they were basicly waiting lines for disassembly. Mrmao found himself in one of these and branded with a number like all mark IVs that were found.

Luckily for the Nanodroids some escaped they armed themselves and liberated several of the camps this started a war between Mark IVs and humans. Mrmao faught in the war along with all the other mark IVs . The inital phase of the war the Nanodriods were in control, however the humans got used to what they do best, kill life. Within two years the Nanodroids were losing they set all there power to escape. The last Enclave to exist Mrmao was in. Thier solution was to travel to a different dimension, they scuceded but on the eve of the activation and escape, The military attacked. All the Nanodriods were destroyed the only survivor was Mrmao who fled with the activation of key to the gateway, thereby locking his prusers out.

weapons two Plasma Pistols

Last edited by mrmao; 12 Jan 2005 at 05:51.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 04:20   #6
Gothandsilver
Hyperactive Moper

Gothandsilver is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Kali
Race: Half-breed (not known which)
Appearance: short red hair and green eyes, two small horns on head, as well as membrane wings which have a pair of primitive hands on them. She has clawed hands and feet and a 5 foot long tail (prehensile). Her skin is a light bluish grey. Typically dresses in black leggings, custom made boots and a top with almost dress-like appearance.
Weapons: Two scimitars, Truth and Honesty engraved respectively in each one. Relic weapons given by a sage at a temple she grew up in, and also a knapsack that can contain ten cubic feet of items.
Special powers: Ethereal dimension porting and Pyrokenesis

History:
At the age of nine, she was found on the outskirt of a forest in an unknown town, by a travelling circus. Appearing in the freak show as the dragon girl for her fire belching and other powers. After growing to an age where she could understand their jeers, she faded into the ethereal realm and escaped. When she rematerialised, she found herself alone and sought shelter in the nearest building she could find... a monastery.

Being brought up afterwards as a scribe for the warrior monks, she was given the honour of holding the two most holy weapons they had, the scimitars of justice. These scimitars will only harm those who they are intended to harm and will fade through other people. However the domestic bliss was short-lived. A murder was commited in the monastery and the only surviving monk, with his last words described a creature like Kali. This put the death penalty on her and so she had to flee. She is a wanted woman, but all who know her respect and trust her, and many believe she is indeed innocent.
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 11:37   #7
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Name: AcidK
Description:
Although AcidK has 'lived' for over sixty-thousand years, he has not changed much over the time. He stands eight feet tall, with blue skin and starfeild-like eyes that change according to his mood, sometimes the only way people can determine his mood and thoughts.His right arm had started to decay over the past few years and has begun to wear a metal/mechanical gaunlet to cover it over. He dresses in black armour that has seen better days as has a a cape covering only his right arm, to hide the gaunlet from veiw as well as his Katana.

Primary Weapons:
K5 Katana - The Psychic's Weapon Of Choice, the K5 Katana is a psychic-enhancer as well as a formidable weapon useful against alive, dead and demonic beings alike.

Emotion Tranquilizer - Not a weapon, as such, more of a useful tool. The Emotion Tranquilizer is part of the Gaunlet, holding two barrels that can shoot tranquilisers soaked in an emotion to AcidK's choosing. This can create comical effects and, usually, makes combat all the more fun.

Tails: AcidK has ten, thin tails, each of which can grow from 1 inch to six feet. They are clad in a thick armour and spiked at the end. These are not a weapon or a look of choice for AcidK, so they only appear when he is in need for them.

Abilities:
Psychics - AcidK is a powerful psychic, able to use psychics with little trouble. However this has been slowly diminishing as more and more of his energies were being used to supress his darker self.

Experimenter - AcidK likes to experiment, mostly on psychic technology as well as drinks. His more famous drink, the Myst Breaker, being one of the most dangerous drinks known to the RP worlds.

Barman - AcidK has had a knack for barman work for a long time and has developed his own drinks and concucsions over the years of his life.

Assassin - AcidK is an assassin for hire, trained mostly in poisons and stealth, being able to take on contracts at any time. However AcidK has to follow the assassin rules, such as not being able to take contracts in certified areas like the Happy Roid Hotel.

Flaws:
Barney Hatred: Barney, the purple dinosaur, has a very adverse effect on AcidK. At first he will cower in fear from the cuddly dinosaur, but after a prolonged amount of time it will turn to rage and, after some more time, he will go beserk, mainly on the dinosuar and anyone within ten metres of the dinosaur.

Demonic Side:
AcidK is a skitzo, having a second mind that hides within him. AcidK uses half his psychic energies as well as powers within his Gaunlet to supress this inner demon from arising and turning him into the Dark AcidK. When AcidK has used too much energy or has been weakened too much, this energy will slacken and the demonic side will take control. Once the demon is released, only a good psychic or a white mage can supress it enough to be binded by the Gaunlet once more or to defeat it.

Practically Dead:
AcidK is, practically, dead. His body contains only one working organ, his brain, which powers up and controls the rest of his body. Because of this AcidK has to use even more of his energies simply to move around and to keep his body from deteriating. However much he tries, his right arm never heals and before long will be just bones held together with psychic energy and his Gaunlet combined.

History:
The main parts of AcidK are shrouded even from him, as his memory looses itself over the millenia. The main parts of his memory reside around the planet Shraan, which is now no more than an asteroid feild. He has lived most his 'life' there, being once it's ex-Emperor and it's guardian against what they saw as the paranormal. AcidK found out he had a brother by the name of Hentrepis, a dark and extremely powerful psychic much stronger than himself that has tried to kill AcidK fully many times or, if he cannot do that, provoke AcidK's Dark self into play so he could be turned towards darkness.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 15:52   #8
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Name
Fluffie

Race
Terran

Fluffie's real age is unknown, but he appears to be somewhere around 50 years old.

Appearance
Fluffie is a male, about 1.90 metres tall and weighs around 70 kilos. He has slighty more muscles than the average person, but doesn't appear to be a big, bad-ass strong bully. Instead, he seems more of a runner, a speedy and agile person. That is, one would think that if he actually saw his body, because usually Fluffie wears black cloacks and robes (he wears black because he hates white, since that was the colour he used to wear as a Terran Marine), unless it is a special occasion, for which he will wear the appropriate clothes. In battle, he tends to wear clothes that will leave him maximum agility and movement.
Fluffie's skin is a bit pale, however it can be tanned if he spends time outside. His hair is black (now with white stripes going through it as he is getting older) and curly (the curlyness is fading away because of his older age, it tends to just be thin and hang down, coming down to his shoulders). His eyes are blue and his nose is a bit small and his face thin (with rimples beginning to form), his cheek bones are seen in his face. His ears are of normal size, while his hands have rather long fingers. His normal sized feet are usually entirely packaged in black boots.

Personality
Fluffie has a strange personality. It is hard to desribe, but it comes down to a few things.
1. He does what he thinks is right.
2. He is loyal to persons that he thinks of are worth his respect and loyalty.
3. He can change his mind within seconds and suddenly persue goals which are very different to his previous ones.
4. He tends to finish his missions and not give up easily.

Ranks
(old) Besilon Emperor
(ex) Alpha Squad Commander, White Battalion
(ex) Freelance Assassin
Psychic Horseman of War
Master Psychic in the Psychic Academy

Skills & Abilities
White Marine
Handling all kinds of weaponry, basic technic skills, basic vehicle handling abilities, increased strenght, agility and speed, longer life (exact lenght unknown), a very big will, tactical thinking, commanding, a lot of basic knowledge, history knowledge and other skills a Marine might need.

Assassin
Stealth, short bladed melee weapons, longer ranged weapons, infiltration, advanced technology abilities and other skills Assassins might need in these days.

Psychic
1st Class Telepath, 2nd Class Telekinetics Diploma, 2nd Class Televelotics, Adv. K5 katana handling, wild-psycher.

Psy 'Attacks'
Mind Breaker
This psychic attack is based on telepathics. It affects a large group of people, how many depends on how much 'power' you put into it.
The effects of this attack are that all who are affected by it will enter a dreamlike state, which is based upon their fears and nightmares. It will drive them mad and that is where I come in again. I can save them from it, but they will then be under my control, for a certain period of time or until they manage to break free. If I however do not choose to set them free from the dreamlike state, it might drive them mad for ever or, in the worst case, kill them.
This attack can be combined with the K5, which's crystal will greatly enhance the effect and the area of effect of this attack.

Shadow
This isn't an attack, but more a ability. Shadow combines Fluffie's past (being an assassin) with his present (being a psy). If 'activated', this attack will enter the minds of people around Fluffie, unnoticed and once in their minds, it will delete any thoughts of hearing, seeing, sensing or noticing Fluffie at all, making sure Fluffie stays undetected when for example sneaking into a highly guarded place.)

Wild Psychics
This is no attack at all, it a different a new kind of field for the psychics. It is a power which can be about anything and which can do about anything. Wild means that you can do particular things, or anything, without having to follow any courses. Of course, if one were to combine this with the knowledge of trained psycher, one would be able to use the great power of a wilder with the knowledge trained one, the effects could be devastating.

It is however, less 'precice' and less 'fine' than trained psychics, but can be very powerfull..

Weakness
Fluffie has only encountered magic a few times, the times he fought along side with Darkling. Having not learned or encountered it other than that, he cannot sense the use of it, only see the effects and try to react them as best as he can.

Oh and he is getting older nowadays, he's around his fifties now I fear, which I'll have to work in into his appearance. Less agile and so, though he tries (to pretend ) to still be as good as he was in the old days. He still is I hope, only in other ways.

Equipment
Adv. K5 katana
Gene-Gun
Modified Heavy Plasma Bolt Rifle/Blaster
Adamantium Armour
Reality Goggles
Illusion Suit
Phasing Belt

Technologies
There is one particular technology that Fluffie has developped, which is called phasing. This allows you to move through all solid things, but it only lasts for a limited time till the capicitor has to recharge. You are invurnable to all damage, unless it comes from energy weapons.

Fluffie is the only person on Shraan who has access to this technology.

History
Fluffie has a long history, which begins in the Sol System, on a planet called Earth. It is a dark and blurry history, filled with dark secrets and horribly facts, which should not be known to any man outside the Terran Military Top.

Fluffie was part of an expirement, to create new and better soldiers, by genetically enhancing them. They would be stronger, more agile and faster than the normal person. On top of that, they would have no relatives, as they were born inside the army. Their squad members were their families and thus they would do more to fight, they would fight to save each other, as well would they fight for who they saw as their parents, the military top. In addition to all the before, they would live longer than any other human being and they would grow slower, aging only on a very high age. The long life gave another con, they would have more time to learn and study about different fields of subjects, so they would be able to utilise more means to reach their goals.

The paticular battalion Fluffie grew up in was White Battalion, one of the earlier projects, if not the first. They had a good education and already were thought to be better than most other normal squads around, even before they had seen any action outside their barracks. It was when their (normal human being) commander thought that they should be put to the test, that they were sent to a training excersise on a desolate desert planet. They were sent out, with less numbers and weaker equipment that the normal opposition.

They won and won with a massive victory, only 2 of their members had fallen. Fluffie had been the main leader in the operation and after his superiors saw him serve well, they made him the Alpha Squad Commander.

After his promotion and the return to their barracks, Fluffie continued learning and training with his squad, after the desert training, they wanted to become the best of the best, as they were born with a wish to be the best.

It was after a bunch of real life operations, which turned out too easy for White Battalion and more training excersises, against Commando Units (which Alpha Squad gracefully won) that they were sent out on an operation, which would be another dark and black day in the Terran's history.

It was on a remote planet, so remote, it wasn't mapped on most of the starmaps. The surface of the planet was completly deserted by all human life, rocks, deserts and a few forests where the only life there. And of course the research centre, secretly financed by some renegade factions. White Battalion was sent out to intevestigate and clear up any hostiles in the sector.

It would be the downfall of White Battalion and not even by the renegades' hands.

The Alpha Squad was backed up by the three other White Squads, Delta, Beta and Gamma. There had been Charlies, Echos and Falcon squads before, but those had proven to be less skilled and perfect than the remaining four, something went wrong in the modifying. Thus, they had been removed to another Military Section, where they would still serve their purpose.

Probably as test subjects. Fluffie thought that they would be used as lab rats and he believed that it was wrong. But, he did not dare to go against his 'parents' and thus he kept silent the entire time, not wanting to look as if he wasn't loyal.

But, back on the remote planet, the three latter squads of White Battalion had already secured the perimeter of the research centre and the entrance. They had encountered no defences, hostile units or any other signs of hostile present. If they thought this was strange, it was even stranger that they encountered the centre unpowered and the entrance heavily secured with a containment lock. Not entirely sure of what to do, they contacted the Heavy Cruiser in orbit, requesting further advice. They were ordered to get in that building, they would sent extra equipment over with the Alpha Squad, who were about to launch.

Later that same day, they were rapidly advancing into the centre, still not encountering any hostalities. Getting slightly worried, Alpha Squad's leader Fluffie decided it would be best if they quickly finished the sweap through the building and then reported back to the Executer, their command ship. All was going well, the centre, which turned out to be a Bio Lab, was totally deserted. With only one section left to scout, Fluffie sent over the Delta squad.

As soon as the chooses squad arrived at the Containment Location, the only unscouted part of the centre, they found another lock. Again they contacted the cruiser and again they got orders to continue. So they did and only a few seconds after they did, screams were heard, shortly followed by gunfire and other sounds of a fight. Five minutes later, Delta Squad was hailed, but they did not reply.

The remaining Marines on the planet contacted the Exectuer, again, requesting backup and further orders. They were denied backup and ordered to clear up that lab, the captain seemed to want them to actually prove they were the best. Muttering a unmeant 'yes sir', the comms man in the remaining White Battalion relayed the orders to the Squad Leaders, who told their men to get ready and unpack the heavy equipment.

Half an hour later, they moved out with the heaviest gear they had brought along. In a battle formation, they began making their way to the Containment Section. Upon arriving there, they saw the entire Delta Squad slaughtered with a few unknown casualties. It looked like a human, but it certainly wasn't one. They tried to contact the Executer again, to report their status and progress, but suddenly found that all comm links were dead. Wondering why, the formation turned around and began making its way towards the Operation's Centre of the research lab.

Half way there, they encountered most of the aliens. A heavy fight followed and the entire alien group was dead, but Fluffie had only enough men left to fill one squad. He quickly formed the new Alpha Squad and they all picked up the heaviest gear they could get from the corpses. Stocked with enough ammo to take on an army, the Alpha Squad began making their way back to the shuttles, which the original Alpha Squad had used to get on the planet.

On the way there, they encountered several more aliens, but only in small groups and they were easily dealt with. But, at arriving at the exit, they saw another large group of aliens (they look like the ones from AvP btw). They seemed to be guarding the exit, from both sides. Alpha Squad screamed, roared and opened fire, planning on taking revenge for their fallen brothers and sisters. The aliens did the same and a furious fight followed, with only three living beings remaining: Fluffie and two other original Alpha Squaddies. They stepped outside and made their way to their shuttle, opening a comms channel to the Cruiser. They reported the status down here and the captain immidiatly sent re-inforcements: 250 rookie marines. Fluffie replied that that wouldn't be enough, the captain told him to shut up and await his new men and keep the entrance safe.

Again, the White Battalion Alpha Squad commander sighed. He informed his two team mates of the situation. They all thought about it, while the Executer began shipping out the newbie marines. Fluffie wondered about several things, such as why all of the crew members on the cruiser were elite and veteran soldiers who had served on the Executer longer. Alpha Squad, the dead White Battalion and the 250 large marine unit were new. Fluffie thought a bit longer, till the 250 marines landed in their drop pods and seemingly with their own orders, began storming inside the centre and fighting their way around, obvious with orders to clear the entire centre and take it over after the removal of the aliens.

White Squad stayed to guard the exit. Fluffie stepped inside his shuttle and began fiddling around with the computers, till he noted something very strange on the scanner. The Executer had charged its main weapon, a cannon with an energy beam powerfull enough to destroy a planet. Fluffie cursed and something snapped inside him, the link that had always kept him loyal to the military and the thing that had restrained his own will power and his own meaning. He quickly yelled and got the two other Alpha's inside the shuttle. He closed the boarding ramp and charged up the engines, before giving the pilot seat to his teammate and the co pilot seat to the other. He sat down in the commander's chair himself, contacting the cruiser. Asking what they were doing, he got no reply, making it obvious. He then tried to contact the 250 marines, but, he wasn't able to reach them over. He cursed as he found out why, they hadn't been given any comms equipment.

Fluffie's disgust for the Terran Military grew to an enormous amount in a very short time. He ordered the two pilots to take off and set a course away from the planet. The small craft lifted off and blasted into space, the cruiser not being able to follow. It fired its deadly beam and then began moving away as well, jumping away as soon as they could. The planet would blow 5 minutes after impact, and the blow would be impressive, possibly even vaporising one of the nearby moons.

As the planet blew, Fluffie's shuttle hadn't been far away enough. All men aboard were knocked out and they drifted through space, unguided for a few days, until Fluffie woke up. He quickly woke up his team mates and Fluffie told them all what happened. Not knowing wether they would remain loyal to the Military or break their link, he was quite nervous. But, fortunatly, they choose 'his side'. Knowing they knew several things that only the military top should know, they quickly got to work to get the shuttle operating again.

Days later, they arrived at a remote station in space. It was run by mercenaries and pirates, who were more than happy to trade their stuff for military equipment. In civilian clothes and with light weapons, the 3 men squad stepped into their new craft and blasted off again, heading towards a planet which housed the solar system's largerst news company. They planned to get the story out and warn everyone about the military, but on their way there, they had to dock in another station to rest and refuel the ship.

Unfortunatly, they were spotted by a military crew, from a frigate which docked there as well. One remaining Alpha Squaddie was killed imidiatly, while the second was captured. He resisted though and was killed a few minutes later. Fluffie was the only one who managed to get away. Using many of his skills and abilities, he managed to evade the military and hack into their databank, quickly copying and then deleting any info on White Battalion. He was now the only one with their history and knowledge of what happened on that planet.

His original plan of going to the planet which housed the news company was too dangerous, Fluffie realised. At least he thought, it was for now. With a new identity, he began a new life, first as normal mercenary, later as proffesional Assassin...

So, this is the first part of Fluffie's history. It's a crappy story and most probably very stupid, but this is how it is. If you don't like it, it's YOUR problem.

This is a bit out of date now, but it's how the original shraanian fluffie started out. stuff.
nowadays the fluffie in arena threads is perhaps a bit god like and sometimes a mixture of this fluffie with other threads' fluffies. stuff.
byes now
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 21:37   #9
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

This is an old, somewhat poor history, but I guess I can post it:

PK was born as Peter King, on an unknown human colony world, somewhere near the rim of the galaxy. When he was three, the people of this colony were experimenting with technology that would allow control of Null Space, the anti reality. Unfortunately, it was not something that could truly be controlled. The plasma reactor used in the process of opening a portal went super critical, and blasted a massive hole from real space to Null Space. The resulting destruction killed everyone on the small colony, except the two children there, Peter and his 5 year old sister, Sarah. When they awoke, they were floating in the void of Null Space, everything they knew was gone. Their home, family, friends. It was impossible, yet they had survived. Jolts of Null Space power began coursing through their veins, causing massive of pain to their system. For nearly a week this continued and only knowing that the other was still there kept them going. After this time, their bodies finally began to get used to the power of Null Space, and the pain lessened. They were changed forever. Now with the ability to exist with ease in Null Space, they began to learn what they could do. To begin with, they could only perform minor manipulations, but with practice, they began on their way to mastery of the Null reality. They began to develop different abilities too, Peter's, a amazingly powerful attack of green lightning. Sarah's, a ability to create blue shields that could block or move matter. Their intelligence, and physical abilities improved drastically too, in the space of a month. These abilities came at a price though. They were beginning to loose their grip on who they were. In an attempt to leave Null Space before they lost everything, they tried to open a portal to real space. They weren't experienced enough. They were ejected into real space at opposite sides of the galaxy, with no memory of what had gone before, but their personalities were still intact. Peter was taken in by the people of the world he had emerged on. The world was about to be destroyed, by a wildly orbiting planet. The gravitational forces began to rip the planet apart, with many people dieing all around him. The deaths triggered something in Peter's subconscious mind, causing his powers to rip loose, forming a massive portal, and deleting the rogue planet completely. The survivors gave him the name Planetkiller, for he had had none until then. He knows nothing of his sister currently, or about his origin.

Since that time, Planetkiller adopted the nickname PK, and set out into the universe. He studied at several scientific institutions and became a near master in the creation of weapons systems, as well as proficient in other technologies. Throughout the time he honed his combat abilities, training on dozens of simulations, testing both his body, his concealed powers and the devices he begun to create. At 19, he graduated from the training base at Dysonyas, taking with him the first edition of his modular combat armour, as well as the beginning sof his plasma weapon arsenal. After leaving, he founded the mercanary organistations the 'Phantoms' and the Mercenary Core. To this date he has wandered the universe aquiring more knowledge. PK currently teaches at the Psychic Academy, where he put his skills to work learning everything possible about psy weapon systems. His place of residence is the Happy Roid Hotel, which he currently looks after.

Race: Human (Heavy Grav Worlder)

Armament:
Variable, though this is a common loadout;
P55 Psy-Charged Plasma Rifle
2 to 6 P25 Psy-Charged Plasma Pistols.
Psy-Buster Grenades
K5 Katana
2K-T K-Custom
'Solaris' K8 Advanced Artificial Intelligence

Suit based -
Sensors
Strength Enhancers
Gravity Benders
Plasma Shock
Grapple Lines
Climbing Claws

Transport: Customised cloaked 'Phantom' class interceptor.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 22:32   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Name: Flapjack, though also known as Shat Kar in his dragon form
Race: Half Elf, Half dragon (a golden dragon)
Age: somewhat lost count at 5000, but undoubtedly several millenia older.
Appearance: Flapjack, in his elven form, is pretty much an average elf, agile and slender. The exception to his obvious elven heritage are the deep red eyes, not those of an albino however as they are much darker. Most of the time Flapjack wears a long red robe and hood, obscuring most of his face and body from view.
In his dragon form, Flapjack is mostly known as Shat Kar, for there are not many that know of his ability to change between the elven and dragon form at will. His body varies between a small dragon, almost a hatchling of a mere 15 feet long (without tail) to a full sized dragon of up to 90 feet in length (again without tail). In all cases his scales are shining gold, a simple smile being enough to scare off the average orc or human.

Abilities: Flapjack's most natural ability is that of magic, fire magic to be exact, after having been trained from childhood, Flapjack's mastery of fire magic is such that he is capable of casting most low level spells with a mere tought. In addition, during his time as archmage of the academy of Nexus (ex-academy currently) he learned quite a few other arts, though he was never particularly skilled in any of them.
Swordfighting, Having originally learned swordfighting from a close friend, Flapjack continued to practice his swordfighting over the years and since become a quite capable swordfighting and an ample opponent to many in mere swordfights, as well as powerfull fiend to his few enemies.
Natural Weapons, 1 of the advantages of his being a half dragon is the obvious set of natural weapons, amongst which are teeth and claws capable of piercing mithril armor with ease and the ability to breath fire, though these are only useable in his dragon form.
Psi Flapjack learned the art of telemorphics only reasonably recently, but has since grown to be 1 of the most capable telemorphers around and is often found teaching this particular course in the academy.

Weapons: Amongst his first weapons come a powerfull sword known as 'ember' This sword was given to him by the same friend who taught him how to use it, originally it was a 'normal' elven short sword, its enchantments minor but hard to detect. More recently it was partially recrafted to imbed a crystal of great power, the crystal of fire, into the weapon. This has given it an unrivaled ability to focus magic, outdone only by the best of wands.
Also in his possesion is an ancient robe, woven from threads made of dragon scales and thus giving its user an unrivaled resistance against fire, as well being capable of absorbing significant impacts.
The K8 AAI, also known as Myst, posses sits on the watch on his wrist, along with a normally compacted K1-T Datacraal, which has its storage component linked into Flapjack's backpack.

History: Unfortunately severely cut version:
Flapjack was born in a small village of mountain elves and was found to be capable of fire magic at the age of 12, almost immediatly he was enlisted into apprenticeships at the only fire mage in the village, hoping that his abilities would help defend the village against threats from outside. At the same time his best friend was selected into the military and both started their training, teaching eachothers their skills to much smaller extent. This is where Flapjack originally learned to use his sword, tough he has trained significantly and under a number of people over the many years he has lived.

After some 100 years, approaching the end of his apprenticeships, Flapjack wandered out into the mountains, planning to do something which he had been explicitely told not to do. Once he was on the other side of the mountain they lived on, some 2 hours walking from the village, he attempted to summon a dragon to his side, hoping that a creature of such might would 1 day be able to assist him in his times of need. However his spell misfired, and rather then summoning the creature into the area before him, he drew their bodies into eachother, merging the dragon and the elf into 1 body.

Flapjack, in the process of this, had almost the entire memory of what had happened to him erased, as such when he awoke after several days, he ran back to the village, where his master had been waiting for him patiently. It was not uncommon for Flapjack to leave and remain away for several days, some times even weeks at a time, after all he had many tasks and 1 of those was to ensure that his master had the ingredients he needed.

Flapjack did not speak of what had happened, untill the dragon mind within him stirred, bringing the memories of events long past back to the surface several years later. A few days later Flapjack abrubtly left the village, recieving the sword Ember that he still carries to this day.

For thousands of years Flapjack wandered about the many worlds and planes that he could find, learning more and more of what had happened and eventually becoming at peace with himself, the 2 minds slowly growing into 1. As this happened Flapjack somehow kept the upperhand, though his personality had certainly been changed and he now possessed the memory of a creature which had lived thousands of years before he had even been born. With his understanding of the world came an urge to teach others these powers. As such he eventually stumbled upon a world where magic was extremely powerfull, yet the wizards, mages and sorcerors that used it where almost entirely extinct.

After a final, devastating, war between the continents of the world, Flapjack moved into the castle that had once been home to the archmage, evicting the vile creatures that had occupied it in a reasonably violent way and rebuilding the structure into its original glory, at the same discovering a wealth of information in the libraries beneath the academy buildings, the dreaded L-space preventing him from going deep into it for a long time, as well as discovering a dreadfull secret, 1 that had cept this world tethering at the brink of destruction and 1 that would have most certainly destroyed that world had he not been there.

For hidden within the deepest walls of the 'mage' hill, as the populace of the city, aptly renamed 'nexus' called, lay a creature which had the power of the planet itself, it was no normal creature, it was the hill itself, restrained and chained by magic of vast power and complexity, the entire complex drew on the powers of the archmage himself, in return allowing an almost direct tap into the vast reverses of mana residing within the planet. This is at the same time Flapjack's great strength, for when he is close to the academy his ability to draw upon this mana is virtually unlimited, as well as his great weakness, for whenever the creature stirs he is forced to dedicate part of his power to suppressing it and a direct attack on the creature, would most certainly weaken the enchantments to a large extent.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 19:03   #11
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve
Talking Re: The Character Sheets

Name:
Simon Novalis
Description:
A tall, pale and gaunt man, Novalis does nothing to lessen this impression by wearing long black or brown robes and a heavy satchel. His black hair hangs lankly over his shoulders and face. It fails to conceal his deep green eyes, however, which burn with a righteous fervour which some people find disturbing. This is mirrored in his passionate and sometimes jerky and excessive gestures.
He usually sports a shadow of a beard and a slight whiff, being far too preoccupied with matters ethereal to care about his appearance. Despite being entirely human, however, his hand as a disturbing tendency to morph into a Yamaha Electronic Keyboard (X300 Maestro, c.1982) in slightly more unstable areas of reality.
Novalis is a deeply passionate and religious man, and is usually bedecked with numerous protective charms and talismans. He is dedicated to considering the unconsiderable and helping others, although this sometimes involves hurting people for a greater good. He is always careful to make sure that any side he chooses is the best one for his goals, however, and isn't averse to changing his ideas if he proves mistaken.
Novalis has an excessive fear of fire, and being burnt alive, having spent nearly a year in a fire-born purgatory which re-awakened his religious faith (also known as having your computer destroyed in a house fire, and taking ages to replace it ).
Weapons of Choice:
Healing kits and techniques (Novalis is an expert healer)
Cut-Throat Razor
Sniper Rifle (The ranged scalpel of a "surgical strike")
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 19:51   #12
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Name: Heiro and Heiro
Occuptation: White Mage Of Renown (tm)
Description:
Heiro usually chooses a tall figure for his host. Though he has been known to choose short stubby people depending on the situation. His physical bodies died long ago, and now they animate a long dead corpse. He tends to model his image using simple cantrips, keeping his skin a terribly pale white whilst letting his eyes flit between sole white and sole black, depending on which spirit controls the body at a given time, though sometimes Black and white occur together, a sign that both spirits control the body, parts each. Heiro tends to keep his hair long, and retains a topknot depending on the situation. He's usually seen wearing a grey common robe, and carrying little to no possessions

Items of frequent appearance:
The Flower Blade - His sword, half rose half broad sword. His magic can cause it to glow at will, takes blood to summon and power.
Blendy - His personal combat arena commentator, usually helps him cheat in combat posts. Gained in the 0g arena bar brawl. A blender by alternative occupation.
The Tin Hat - A retirement present from Acid. Protects against Psychics / stacks with ignorance.
The Pandora AI Starship AI + Holographic imager. See the specific thread for details.

Powers:
Depending on the day, whatever I feel like.
White magic.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 23:10   #13
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point

My character often varies depending on the thread, so here is a profile that applies to most nonspecific threads where I have a character and don't bother to describe it in-post.

Name: Creatior, David91, Qurk Kinschien, or some derivative of these.
Age: Around mid-thirties, because that's versatile, neutral and meaningless.
Species: Male human.
Appearance: Shorter than average, normal build and around average strength (the definition of "average" changes between threads ). Shortish grey hair in no deliberate style, fair-skinned, stubbly, and with a goatee some of the time. Usually wears either combat-style gear with a black or navy beret, or casual dark clothes and some alternative hat. Sometimes wears sunglasses and carries various things on/in his utility belts, pockets, bags, etc.
Abilities & Personality: Good around different types of projectile firearms, absolutely hopeless at flying any kind of spaceship or plane. Excellent at crashing anything that can move in three dimensions, and uncaring enough to shoot himself or others any time they are badly injured and there is a respawn link nearby that would be more convenient than treating them. Good at thinking but poor at socialising or any kind of touchy-feely emotional stuff. Usually thinks the world is against him and gets really annoyed whenever he gets attacked, which seems to be frequently. Has become accustomed to always carrying self-protection and survival gear of all times for the inevitable being attacked or being sent to war in some way whenever he leaves his house. Speaking of which, he has forgotten where he lives and so he gets attacked even more, and spends his time crashing spaceships outside the hotels where he stays on a regular basis. Well-known hotels he has stayed in include: The Shifter, The Happy Roid, and the Refuge for Rookies.

Tell me if you want to know anything else about my uninteresting and mostly bland character.
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 13:56   #14
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

This is just a genral shell to the charactor that I will mostly be using.
-Name: Kal'rek
-Race:Minmatar
-Tribe:Sebestior
-History:
“As my ‘Stabber’ class cruiser blinked out into the portal that I had tried so hard to avoid I realized that I may never see my Eve universe ever again. When my ship, the ‘SH1T’ as I called it, and I were dropped back into space I was confronted with a strange place. I recognized none of the constellations I knew that being this far away from my universe wasn’t going to be my only problem. There was an explosion. I had arrived right in the middle of a war zone…Radar showed a large ship off to my nine o’clock, and more importantly the five smaller ships off to my right. I had appeared right in front of their attack run and they were now choosing me as their target. I had to retaliate. I locked on and fired a full compliment of Havoc missiles killing two in a blossoming explosion. Unfortunately they had already exhausted my shields and were through to my armour. My turrets tracked and killed another one before their laser weapons split me open like a can of beans. The resulting explosion crippled another Tryeon ship as the momentum from its attack run carried it passed what was left of my ship. Thankfully my escape pod did its job and had launched me sill suspended in my ectoplasm filled tube. I remember the feeling of dread as I heard more explosions and felt the concussion waves of more missiles. I hadn’t been able to tell the other ships status before I was taken out as I was preoccupied but I knew they were fleeing. Something latched on to my pod and started reeling me away. Try as I might I couldn’t see what had me through the only small window I had. I was placed in the hanger of a strange ship. There was silence for a while. Then came the tapping on the hull. There was nothing I could do except admit defeat end leave my pod. There was a gasp as I left the pod, some undisciplined cadet. Though, it must have been a sight, with all the ectoplasm spilling onto the floor of their hanger. I Have since been recruited into various adventures and have become almost a drifter fliting around from ship to ship all ways searcing for a way home.
-Physical Description:
A gaunt face and pale as a ghosy. A thin sharp evil looking nose. Light blue penetrating eyes and grimacing mouth. (Charactor picture exsits in Eve online but unfortunatly i cant get to it atm)
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:56   #15
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Name: Duke "Disrupter" Dunesworth

Race: Earth Human

Description: Duke stands around 5 foot 10 and is fairly muscular, but not obnoxiously so. He has short brown hair and blue eyes. His eyes are not the icy shade of blue but a deep alomst fake shade of pure blue. Duke is also obviously male and, being human, has your characteristic number of arms and legs.

History: (ooc/ brief but it explains meh name) Duke was kicked out of the military academy after makign an astonishing weapons technology development. The beam weapon he created is called the Disrupter beam, and it freezes molescules of a substance and the accelerates them away from each other at the speed of light, effectivly destroying all of which the cannon is used on. In the cannon's developmental stages, Duke tested the cannon and it went berserk. The science and half the barracks complex were destroyed, so Duke was expelled fro mthe Academy. He was, however, able to keep his cannon, for the military feared its awesome power.

Weapons: (obviously) Portable Disrupter cannon, which is hardly ever used cause of its massive energy consumption and firepower.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 23:49   #16
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

does ne1 have logs of an old version of this i seem to remember from my first appearence here, i want to laugh at my old character and then possibly inflict it on you again (with sufficiend de-godmodifying to make it acceptable, and less requirement for insanity, and possibly a bit more serios this time)
*two small red eyes glow from the shadows, and a serpentine voice whispers "soon my friend, soon"*

Anyway, my current character

Name: Triolus
Age: (fantasy incarnation) 25-50 (sci-fi incarnation) 30+
Description:
1.(fantasy incarnation w/o flaag)
A tall, thin man with dark, cropped hair and dark eyes (varying from brown to totally black depending on race restrictions). A practitioner of the elemental magic of fire, and capabe of making nearly anything burst into flames, also totally insane.
2.(fantasy incarnation with flaag (hasnt been used for ages, if ever on this forum)
same appearance, but uses magics that leech the souls/life fource of others and use it to channel massively destructive energies, can also mess with the flow of time to a small degree
3.(sci-fi incarnation)
same appearance (with possible changes for fasions/uniforms ect). Chemist (occasionally biochemist) specialising in explosives, tends to carry a lot of innocuous (sp?) looking chemicals that can be mixed to explode/ combust/ poison/ cause flatulence in rabbits. May also carry a small oxygen cylinder, cows beware.

4.(in any multi-universe, multiple time stream thread)
a combination of 2 and 3, with flaag accompanying

History: who cares? i dont! (depends on the thread) (for no 4 see flaag once i post him)

this will probs be edited later to include flaag (once i decide/can get away with bringing him back, no real multi-race fantasy threads that i can see which allow orcs), and forsten, but i'm far too tired/lazy now.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 11:40   #17
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

Fantasy:

Name: Zappa Tenderleaf, heir to the Tenderleaf Clan
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid-Fighter / Ranger / Monk

Weapons and Posessions:
oakwood Spear, with the blade shaped like a leaf, green of colour, and a flowery scent, warm and soft to the touch, tough sharp as a razor, and strong. This weapon is the symbol of the Tenderleaf clan, the legend says it was forged by the ancient gnomes of Vanaheimr, under supervision of the Godess Gaia herself, who offered it to the elfen champion Dragomort Tenderleaf, the founder of the Tenderleaf clan. it's abilities and true history are unknown, but so far, what has been discovered, is that it seems to slightly increase stamina and strenght of the wielder, and also faciliates the casting of "green spells"

elven shortsword
dagger
elven cloak
elven boots
elven "wararmour"
Special Item: Tenderleaf Spear, obviously

Training/ Spells:
an excellent combattant with the spear and quatterstaff, speedy runner and a true acrobat, Zappa's physical condition seems to have worsened little over the years, then again, an elf may age, and grow old, but they never truly grow old, now do they? (in reality, he's at the average level of a young trained elf thanks to the effects of the spear)
he's also a verry good cook
spells:
heal minor wounds
heal broken bones
heal major wounds
cure disease (can be verry draining, this spell can take away the effects of poison and disease. it takes little to no energy to take away a cold, but for instance the sting of a Nazgul's blade, that can take days)
regrowth (highly draining, this spell can make lost arms regrow over time... a lot of time)
ensnare (forces vegitation to grow faster, covering up a track / imprisoning someone / making fruit bigger, or riping it°

History: varies from thread to thread, depending how far along he is.

Zappa was born into the Tenderleaf the son of Rohanis Tenderleaf and Fyndra, the current heads of the clan. like all his clan, he did not leave the clan's woods, Skyshroud, untill he was of age. He has been trained somewhat all his life, both in the arts of combat, healing magic, and nurturing the forest. Like all of his clan, he had little to no contact with the other elfen clans, safe for several emmisairys that passed by every year, and his 100year pilgramage as emmisairy, something every youngling had to go trough on road to manhood. He was offered the Tenderleaf Spear when he returned from his pilgramage, and received his final training, the training for leadership of his clan... During these times it was that he met his friend, the outsider, Hakim 'Goldblade', who had wandered into Skyshroud, found the clan, and befriended himself trough winning the anual Orc-hunting contest. He was offered bloodbrothership with Zappa, and was brought to Mourningblade, the best magical blacksmith the Tenderleaf clan had to offer. He had received his gifts from the Gnomes in Vanaheimr, during one of the several holy questes the clan had been on in the name of Gaia. On Hakim's instructions, a blade was created like the world had never seen

Lateron Zappa Settled down and married Faith Meadowbreeze, who took on his clanname, and became the Queen of the Tenderleaf clan. They had a child, Aislin, whom also is used as a character at times.

the clan itself:
these elves, barbaric in looks, all have fiery red hair, a tall and muscular build, and no facial nor chesthair. They usualy wear their warrior's clothes at all times, consisting of leatherish pants, tough made from plants, elfen boots, and gauntlets.

they call themselves "Gaia's chosen", and thus try to live their lives according to Gaia's ruling. The unnatural, suchas undead, demons, ... angers them greatly, and their respect for nature is immense.

personal looks: a strong, smart, handsome young elf, his red hair is braided and always worn over his left shoulder, the tip of the tail touching his belly. He has warm green eyes that demand respect, but also give a peacefull feeling, and his voice shows signs of wisdom trough ages, yet seems as soft as the voice of a young lover. He seems to be a natural leader, tough outside his clan, he usualy takes the place of consultant,refusing to take command where it is not his birthright

extra history: Mourningblade Tenderleaf.

a blacksmith of unrivaled skill, he too once had to go on a pilgramage to reach manhood. the night before he left, the headpriest recieved a message from Gaia, the clan was to send a party of 13 warriors trough the portal she would open the next evening. The quest was to be one full of danger, and the chances of survival were low, but existant, IF the right people were chosen to be sent. at least ONE should still have to prove his manhood...
Mourningblade, who at that time was still called Bashfist (he was a strong, and tempered young man) was the first to vullonteer. few know what happened on this quest, all they know is he returned alone, sad, and powerfull. those who asked, he told that the quest had been fullfilled, and he had received his reward from Gaia and the Gnomes in Vanaheimr, he would not say what the quest was, nor what had happened to the others... but all could see it had hurt him greatly, and he often wondered why he alone had survived. The skills he had received from the Gnomes was the ability to create weapons with natural resources, such as the spear, only the blades had no effects on the wielder... but they do have an effect on themselves

Futuristic threads (Rommey)

Name: Zappa Tenderleaf, leader of the Tenderleaf Clan, protector of the Elven Starsystems, destroyer of the Borg.
Age: unknown, some say it is the Tenderleaf of ancient times, the mythological warrior, others say he is but his offspring.
Race: wood elf

weapons and possesions:
one huge kick-arse fleet
Tenderleaf Spear
Elven Biosuit
numerous starsystems
numerous weaponlabs

History: began as a smalltime pirate under lady Adromeda, Zappa quickly rose to power by fullfiling his missions in a speedy pace, diplomaticaly whereever possible, destroying everything in his wake where he met opposition. After his first mission, he also had his first starsystem under control, from which he could train excellent soldiers. He soon made it trough the ranks, up to Houselord, and Married, or re-married, Faith. They again had a daughter, Aislin, who lateron became a character for use.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 12:05   #18
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Ok, This is my old character, but i use him sometimes......

Name: Slick
Race: Origionally human, but now half vampire, half asended being
Weapons: Soul reaver (I know its a rip-off, but i love it)
Abilities: Telemorphics, Space shifing, dimension shifting, Energy morphing
Weapons Abilities: Killing (Obvious) Ability to remove souls from human and vampire targets, Including its owner.
History: (Different from my origional) A young priest that fought vampire domination, found the broken Material sword in a large cave, which he had been drawn to. He touched it, and an immense pain ran through his being, the sword had repaired. Suddenly the sword split into two, and the spiritual part of the sword had escaped and attached itself to him. He now cannot remove it, and it has a will of its own.He now travels the depths of space to find out his true purpose in life

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote