User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 17:00   #1
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Mission RP Championships

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present my latest project, a new type of RP contest!

This is not a ordinary arena though.

You will all choose the character you want to use, and using that character, complete anywhere between 5-10 missions, earning points based on style, creativity, etc etc, before competing in a massive free-for-all, with the winner being the one with the highest score!

These missions will range from Assassination of a target, fighting large numbers of enemies, stealing stuff, blowing up stuff, escaping, etc etc.

At this time the scoring system is being finished between myself and Inspectre, who is going to be one of the judges. It will be posted by the end of the week.

What I'm looking for is at least 8 people, more are welcomed. The top 8 after the missions are completed will then enter the free-for-all to determine the winner.

If you wish to sign up, you need to post a FULL character profile, listing/describing your character, from their abilities to equipment they bring with them. Once you posted that character, you are stuck with that character for EVERY mission and the free-for-all. No adding random abilities or equipment between missions (unless taken from the mission itself) [NOTE: You get full reloads of weapons, but only what you originaly have], what you post when you sign up is what you get to use. Anything goes for the most part [aka: if I think you are to overpowered, I will nerf your character, but that it unlikely unless you RP as a God]

As for the missions, once they are posted you all will have 72 hours to post a single post describing your character going through and completing the mission. At the end of the 72 hours the posts will be scored, the scores posted and the next mission posted. Scores will be added together, so if you do poorly in one mission, it's possible to catch up in the next mission.

Creativity and Style are paramount in this contest, along with cool things. Any questions, post them here. Characters, post them here in full!

Contestants
  • Crazyboy - (Awaiting Profile)
  • Gryffin -
  • Shadow275 - (Awaiting Profile)
  • Disrupter - (Awaiting Profile)
  • Mrmao - (Awaiting Profile)
  • Hewitt - (Tenative) - (Awaiting Profile)
  • Open

Judges
  • Bakan
  • Inspectre
  • AcidK

[Note: Title may change as well]

Last edited by Bakan; 13 Aug 2004 at 14:42.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 18:47   #2
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mission RP Championships

Woo. I'm in.

Character will come when I work it out sorta thing...

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 19:27   #3
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll give this a shot, sounds fun. Question though...are you allowed any abilities learned in academies (psycic, in my case, level 2 in everything last I checked, and level 1 in most...), or will these be viewed as overpowering?

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 21:19   #4
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffin
I'll give this a shot, sounds fun. Question though...are you allowed any abilities learned in academies (psycic, in my case, level 2 in everything last I checked, and level 1 in most...), or will these be viewed as overpowering?
Yes, they will be allowed, but for certain missions they may be restricted.

Also, 1-man ground/limited air vehicles will be allowed.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 23:25   #5
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 00:36   #6
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

okay, Bakan, I will join only if you say no to me judging along with you and Inspectre. Too long have I watched IFA-C and have no say in the judging...

Priorities (just in case I didn't speak clearly, too much drink you know):
1. Judge
2. Join
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 05:11   #7
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

im in, character later.....tired

question: define 1 person vehicle ( i can be imaginitive with such things)
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 06:31   #8
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

um sure might as well
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 07:53   #9
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
Also, 1-man ground/limited air vehicles will be allowed.
You realise that most mechs are 1-man vehicles yeah?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 12:56   #10
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Hmmm...a dragon in a mech....interesting concept

Okay...Character will come as soon as I can remember everything

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:55   #11
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Mech's..... MAY be allowed depending on their description.

In fact: Vehicle is something aprx. S.U.V. size or smaller. As long as it's max size is that of a S.U.V. it will be allowed.

I count 7 possible people interested, once you post a character profile, you will be added to the list of contenders.

Hewitt, you interested in competeting?

And AcidK, welcome to the judging team.

Finally, with 3 total judges, just so you all know, we ALL will have a equal say in the score to help off-set any possible "biases" that may exist.

P.S. Please post character profiles in a seperate post in this thead, thanks.

P.P.S. The signups have no set limit to the number of people that can join. It's just that the final challenge will only have the top 8 people scorewise involved.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 17:42   #12
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Character Profile

Name: Diabhal Gryffin (though just called Gryffin most of the time)
Race: Human
Appearance: Standing six foot nothing, with mid-length dark, thick auburn hair and blue/grey eyes with flecks of yellow, Gryffin is an imposing man. He is light for his size, but in good fitness, and he has kept himself trim even as he has progressed slightly in years. Most striking, however, are the great feathered wings of the same colour of his hair, that protrude from his shoulder blades up for a meter, fold down to a few inches from the ground, and then fold up again to head height. When open, they give him a wingspan of nearly nine meters, and his flight muscles make his chest and upper body look strangely out of proportion with his lower body.
Equipment: Gryffin has never gone in for heavy armour, as if prevents his flying, and so habitually dresses in light trousers, t-shirt, jacket and good boots. Try landing at 30mph without sufficent foot protection. His main weapon is a light-weight plasma rifle with scope mode for long range, and suppression mode for close in, and a shoulder strap so he can sling it between his wings when he has to move quickly. He also carries a pair of tanto (see Red Teenage Muntant Hero Turtle ) at the small of his back made of a special lightweight alloy.
Abilities: Much more dangerous are Gryffin's many and varied psycic abilities, and of course, his ability to fly. His psycic abilities are as follows (cheers Acidk for digging these up )
Telepathics - 2nd Class (learned some 1st, exam still yet to be taken)
Teleportics - 1st Class and Master Level (higher than 1st)
Televelocitics - 1st Class
Telenulistics - 2nd Class
Telekinetics - 1st Class
Telemorphics - 1st Class
Telepugilistics - 2nd Class Level
He has also held the position of Teleportics Teacher at the Psycic Academy, and this is his favourite discipline. He also has experience in medical situations and with medical equipment, and is also a rather fine chef, even if he says so himself, though he is unsure as to whether they will help him in the upcoming challenges.
History: To come, if necessary....

Last edited by Gryffin; 13 Aug 2004 at 19:58.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:00   #13
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Sure I'll compete.

Just give me a bit of time to think of something yeah?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:01   #14
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

meh, call me tentative.... if i get around to posting a character im in

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:48   #15
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i'll be in, if D. Eath doesn't post a profile before me

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 22:42   #16
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Bakan, you've got me down twice on the sign up sheet. I mean, I know I'm twice as good as anyone else, but lets give them a chance, huh?

Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:41   #17
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

questions: I had a tank that was shielded and one man from Siege Of Ourivo 7, does that count as a vehicle?

question 2: I only really have one character, can i make one up for this or no?
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:42   #18
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupter
questions: I had a tank that was shielded and one man from Siege Of Ourivo 7, does that count as a vehicle?

question 2: I only really have one character, can i make one up for this or no?
Question #1: What's the size of the tank. If it's the size of a modern day tank, then no.

Question #2: Up to you.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 16:58   #19
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

Umm okay let me give a wack at this

Character--Mr. Mao
Age--26
Apperance-- Only a couple inches shorter then the average six feet, With Auburn hair(also) and Hazel eyes. His bodies build is kinda lanky not well built, he dose however maintain some sort of muscle mass.
Wepons--He carries a 4in long silver cylinder that is capable of storing matter in subspace, this cilinder has four 'boxes' ,or difernet corodinates in subspace that it sends things to. Right now only box one and two have things in them. Box one has a jet pack, and box two has survival gear. He uses a mark four plasma rifle with scope, for some deccent range accuracy. He also has a flettchet pistol, and a colapsable comabt staff. He carries a couple extra mag's for the fletchet pistol.
History--do i need one after all we are just killing each other.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 17:38   #20
Nomani
Lurker

Nomani is an unknown quantity at this point

Name: Nomi
Age: somewhere between 20 and 200, though no one's entirely certain
Race: Human/shapeshifter hybrid (NOT Silver-type shapeshifter) with some dragon and planeswalker parentage thrown in for good measure

Appearance: Nomi usually stands about 5'6” with short black hair and very pale brown eyes. Her normally average build is rather deceptive as she is quite strong and fast for her size. She usually dresses in loose flowing robes in rich browns and greens. The slight slant of her almond-shaped eyes give her a rather exotic appearance. As she is fond of reminding the various beings she encounters, appearances can be quite decieving and while prefering a human form, Nomi is anything but bound to it.

Equipment: A traveler, Nomi generally carries very little. Around her neck is a necklace that she made for her best friend whom she later killed. In various hidden pockets are a dozen straight daggers. In another pocket is a short wooden flute. Strapped to her right leg is a short hunting knife that is most often used for carving. Recently she has taken to carrying a quarterstaff. While mostly for show, she is no novice in its use.

Abilities: Aside from her close combat skill which, while not excellent, are not to be laughed at, Nomi has excellent aim with thrown daggers. In addition she has inherited various traits of the races that she can claim kinship to. From the humans Nomi gained basic magical abilities. She can cast simple combat spells at the level of an advanced apprentice or beginning journeyman, but no more. From the shapeshifters comes the ability to change form and limited self-healing. This is limited to vertebrate animals and humanoids and combinations thereof. One of her favorite tricks is to allow her skin to change to heavy scales in lieu of armor in combat. Dragon blood gives her the gift of tongues and a peculiar affinity for their form. The planeswalkers gave her the ability that is their namesake, though it drains her greatly. Last, but certainly not least, the strange combination of races has made Nomi into a powersink. She can drain energy-in any form-from living beings, enough to kill a large dragon. While she can take the energy, she cannot always use it and must pass on absorbed power to other beings quickly or it begins to kill her. Most technology and advanced mechanical devices are beyond her.

History: Something she prefers not to discuss.
Nomani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 19:40   #21
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Name: Kodi
Age: Kodi's advanced civilization lives very Very long and does not record time due to its constant changing and utter pointlessness.
Appearance: Kodi's species is that of the Shapeshifter. He perfers his natural body, with its normally near perfectly camoflauged skin and stands about 7 feet tall. His arms are normal aside from being incredibly muscular, and so are his legs. Kodi has a powerful jump and can easily punch through a half foot of concrete, though he tends to bleed and be in pain afterwards.

Gear: Seeing as how he shifts shapes, Kodi carries no gear. He instead perfers to use the weapons of various species that he can morph into. Such weaponry includes fangs, talons, claws, beaks, and the occasional mouth or tail.

Abilities: Aside from being able to shape shift into whatever he sees, alive or inanimate, Kodi also has an incredible jump. He can jump 12 feet straight up and with a good enough run, he can leap close to thirty. One of his ultimate abilities that drains him slowly of energy is his ability to cast a fake reality around his prey. He is also able to take over stupid things and move most items with his mind. He has no use for technology, being that he could fly and that he hates technology.

History: Reread the above information and pretend it says "history" at the begining.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 20:02   #22
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Crazyboy
Race: Shifter

Appearance: When seen in his humanoid form, Crazy is but 5'4" tall. He generally has black hair, but it depends on his moods and changes constantly. He wears black clothes when in human form, and dark glasses, which hide his crystal like, clear eyes.

Abilities: Being an insane Shifter, Crazy has the ability to shift to what ever form he likes.
Stealth. Having trained at the assasins accademy, in the class of Stealth, and having passed, Crazy can be very stealthy when he thinks about it.

Gear: Nothing.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 23:36   #23
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

I have always diaproved of Shifters... they were worse than any psychic...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 23:38   #24
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Oh, lots of interest. Will post more tommarrow/Sunday.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 23:53   #25
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Name: Ginge
Race: Whatever he decides it is

Appearance: tall, wearing all black, including black gloves and black trenchcoat. his eyes are a deep red, sometimes glowing when psychic powers are in use, he always wears a small pin, bearing the design of plague victims to let it be known to all his position as psychic horseman, his weapons mostly concealed apart from his gauntlets and K5

Abilities:

Psychics:
1st Class Teleportics (was a teacher)
1st Class Telemorphics (was a teacher)
Telepathics (learning)

Gear:

K5 katana
2K-T Elemental Gauntlets
Several Knifes
High claiber pistols
Plasma Rifle

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 01:42   #26
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ooh this should be fun

Bakan should change the name to the Shape Shifters Mission RP Challenge

Lets all shift shapes and not be orginal in anyway. (not that im saying i thought of this first )
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 03:03   #27
Nomani
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Then you've never seen a shifter in my hands as opposed to Silver and company. Of course if the TM and/or judges object, I'll dig out a different character.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 03:30   #28
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have been thinking of something like this, but I really couldn't be arsed with reading everyones posts, comparing for quality etc... requires far too much soberness. Also mission postings would require far too much thoroughness for my lazy liking

I'll join, still yet to decide on the char...

[edit] Bugger, rememvered i'm off on holiday on monday for a week... when will this be starting?
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 04:42   #29
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

ah what the hell....

at the request of mr bakan, ill use Greenith (he seems to thrive in bakanese threads)

Name: Greenith
appearance: Greenith dresses in faded clothing, only wearing it to get by in a human society. Its pretty tattered and often changes, as he tends to burst out of it when he transforms.
Items: no permanent ones. greenith will pick something up and use it as long as it serves a purpose. once it has lost its usefullness, he drops it.
Race: Genetic Mutation (partially human)
Eyes: Black
Hair (when he has it): Black
Height: 5 feet 11 inches. when fully transformed, his body is about 8 feet long.
Weight: 150 lbs. when fully transformed, a few hundred pounds, possibly more, as he has never been weighed in that form.

Some more info (since im such a lazy bastard, this is directly copied from trapped):

Body Modifications (Physical/Genetic): Not techincally human. He was born a mutant due to toxins in the world on which he was born, a very watery one. His DNA is unique, in that it can adjust itself to incorperate different features of two complete DNA sets, his human set, and a totally unknown variety of squid, complete with hungry maw, slimy black skin, and approximately 8 tentacles, each terribly strong and with clawlike tips, originally meant for snagging prey. His control of his DNA structure allows him to combine different features of each body, or simply use one or the other.
Despite the sheer strength and drive of the squid; the animal instincts for food, as well as a terrible temper, severely impair Greenith's judgement. The skin is also not terribly resistant to weapons, as it was meant to be a hide against tooth and claw, not weaponsfire.

Considering his bulk and original nature, Greenith can move surprisingly agile as a squid on land using the powerful claws to drag and support his body. in the water, Greenith would be nearly unstoppable. Greenith's claws are capable of digging into most materials, allowing him to move with relative ease. A favorite spot to travel in is air vents, as they allow for this movement very well, and he is easily able to squeeze through thte tight spots due to his body coating and skeletal structure.

it has been rumored that he is a secret experiment gone haywire, but the rumors are unconfirmed.

History: born on a watery world to an unknown parent (he was abandoned as a child), Greenith knows nothing aobut himself. relying on his animal instincts to survive, Greenith has had very very little interaction with humans, besides for eating them. He lived either in the ocean or the fringes of society, attempting to fit in and learn about the half of himself whcih he knew nothign about. eventually he became close to a few humans, who cast him away when he admitted to what he was. filled with anger at these people, and with a greater knowledge of what they are emotionally capable of doing, he set out to punish the ones who made him a pariah, and began to drag people off in the night.

Last edited by General D. Eath; 14 Aug 2004 at 04:51.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 04:47   #30
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

/me reads up a bit
damn... there are lots of shifters....
/me reads his own character profile
you know, i never thought about it but apparently Greenith is one too isnt he

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 11:49   #31
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Quote:
Well, as far as I see it, a psycic or shifter won't have any fancy high tech equipment, as they won't need them, whereas a more normal person will have combat suit, etc, to compensate.

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:06   #32
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Okay, anything is allowed essentially, from shifters to psychics. Fair warning, some missions you will have NO powers, but most you will have full abilities and whatnot.

As for start date, tenative plans to start are this upcoming Monday. If you do not have a character posted by that time, you can still join, but you will be at a disadvantage.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 21:09   #33
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

name: Flapjack
race: half elf, half dragon
appearance: Normally that of the average elf, his red eyes being the only thing that is odd to him, a long red cloak covers his body and with the hood up it prevents people from seeing his face. As a dragon, Flapjack varies between 5 to 20 meters long, not counting his tail, which is about equal in length to his body, with added sharp slicing spikelike things at the end for showing off and cutting people in half. This however varies at times.

Abilities:
1st class telemorphics (most recent and first teacher of the skill)
master fire mage
novice earth, water, air mage.
being a large golden dragon, with included sharp teeth, fire, acid and ice breath as well as the always unexpected sharp tail.

equipment:
A magical cloak, which is red and immune to fire, but doesn't offer much protection
A mage's staff.
An elven made short sword, into which the crystal of fire is imbedded
claws, teeth, tough dragon hide. The non-dragon equipment melds into his body when Flapjack is in a form where he can't use it.

History: Born as a full elf, started to learn fire magic and at some time in the past attempted to summon a golden dragon, unfortunately that spell catastrophically failed, merging the golden dragon and Flapjack into 1 body.
After years of learning not only to deal with his new form, Flapjack and the dragon's mind slowly combined into a single mind, which not only prevented strange things from happening, but also transferred all of the dragon's knowledge to their combined mind.
Since then Flapjack started travelling the world, stopping at an inn called the Waypoint Inn, where he met many people before moving on. Several years in the shifter hotel taught him to be prepared for the unexpected, after which he took control of the Academy of Nexus and spent a few hundred years as its archmage, which he still is. At the same time he spent a period of time in the Psychics academy, teaching Telemorphics.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 00:51   #34
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

no no no, you all got me wrong about that sentiment. I meant to say that Psychics were, as most times if I remember, too perfect.

IE, a psychic would use abilities they hacve had to learn through the Academy, mostly the ways of learning are pretty hard and very difficult if you are trying to learnt he more advanced techniques. This made it difficult for people to suddenly turn from a no-one to a suddenly over-powered psychic that was hell-bent on forum domination. A psychic can be anyone, even a shifter can be a psychic (seeing as they have an inate ability of telemorphing)

A shifter was a shifter from the start, they are all more or less the same. They can shape shift, I have no objections with that, but they have a very potent and (at my time) undefendable acid blood... Shifter Blood (think of Aliens but a hell of a lot worse. Alien Blood, from the films, stopped after the half-life of them was used up melting things. Shifter Blood never stopped melting)

THAT is what I was supposed to be explaining in that single sentance.

I have no objection of Shifters, but back in the day Shifters and Psychics did not get along.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 09:23   #35
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

I wasn't a shifter from the start. I had to earn it. Tyvm.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:28   #36
mrmao
oh...sexy...

well i got i guy with a gun and thats it so stop complaiing
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 12:09   #37
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

/ooc/ char is a bit undetailed as i am a bit jet-lagged/ooc/
Name: Forsten
Race: Half human, Half elven
Appearance: Forsten's elven heritage does not show up much in his appearance, he just looks like an tall human (about 6' 3") with black hair and brown eyes.

Abilities:
Extremely agile. Proficient with knives, daggers and crossbows. Can stay hidden for long periods of time in most terrain, and can move extremely quietly.

Equipment:
Two knives, each with a different inscripton on the blade, one can cut through pretty much anything less than 5mm thick (more for softer materials), the other releases a toxin into the blood of any being stabbed by it, which will kill a normal human in five minutes, and give a dragon a nasty stomach ache, and lots of things in between for varios other species.
Studded leather armour, worn over padded chain mail. Makes movement almost silent, but can be extremely warm. Covers the entire body except the head.
Balaclava and sunglasses: because he couldnt afford a proper ninja mask
Crossbow: single handed, with a device on the side to make loading easier while still keeping the draw weight (and therefore the power of the shot) high, he carries a case of 20 bolts for the crossbow at all times

Also due to the naturally anachronistic nature of this thread, he carries a sniper rifle, with a 6 round clip loaded, and four spare clips on his belt
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 12:25   #38
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Who said I'm complaining? I'm the one doing the judging as well as Bakan and Inspectre
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 13:55   #39
mrmao
oh...sexy...

well then you don't need to complain you can just dock them points if you wan't to
and in case Bakan comes back my profile is post 19 or somwhere there about
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 13:59   #40
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
A psychic can be anyone, even a shifter can be a psychic (seeing as they have an inate ability of telemorphing)
The innate ability of a shifter is to change its own shape, however the most basic parts of telemorphics focuses on changing objects other then yourself, seeing as changing your own body with telemorphics is risky, difficult and requires a lot of practice.
Oh and if I remember correctly, most shifters hated magicians more then psychics.
This means that a shifter could easily get the 1st class certificate, which focuses mostly on morphing your own body, but it would be very difficult to get the 2nd class certificate, which focuses exclusively on morphing objects other then yourself.

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 17:52   #41
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*eath waits for the thread to start*

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 23:52   #42
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*Notes to self: Keep a close eye on Mrmao, marks may go down for badgering.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 04:06   #43
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Appearing in the middle of the arena, the announcer smiles and waves to the crowds of people seated around as they cheered.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, representatives of all races, welcome to the Official RP Mission Championships. We have with us representatives. They are skilled, they are deadly, and they are arguably the best at what they do. And now, without further a due, the first round will begin now.”

Without further warning, the contestants are teleported from their locker rooms into the environment for the first round. The announcer vanishes as well as a series of holographic images for, showing the contestants.

“We have sent each of them to a separate timeline, created short term just for these missions. If you care to look at the center of the arena, you will see the mission description. As for the contestants, they will now notice that they have a small, easy-to-use data-pad that describes their mission.”

Mission
  • Environment: A forest, thick with overgrown trees and bushes. The data pad shows a map of the area. It is a 100 by 100 meter square. On one end is marked as your starting location, the other mark is at the far end indicating an exit of some kind. A small scrolling display lists that the woods are infested with a wide variety of dangerous creatures, from all sorts of worlds and dimensions, so that one would eventually run into something that WOULD harm them.
  • Mission Objective: To make it to the other side alive.
  • Restrictions: None

[ooc] Okay, this is how it works. You have FULL creative freedom to complete the mission. However, to earn good points, you have to take into account everything that I said. Posts will be judged on a 10-point scale, higher score being better. All judges score on this, then their results are added together. Following is the breakdown of the scores.
  • 7 Points for Creativity – How creative you are in your solution.
  • 3 Points for Post Quality – How legible, relatively free of misspellings, etc etc.

In addition, there is the sick-puppy award:
5 Points extra added on to those who post more than 10,000 words.

That’s all, enjoy.[/ooc]

72 hour clock started NOW!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 13:51   #44
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Mrmao looked at the data pad then looked at his surrondings, the trees looked sturrdey enough to support his weight. He knew that most of the larger preditors would be on the gorund and scinse the trees seem strong enough he would use those to get were he was going. He got out some rope from his storage 'box' in his pocket and set up a system he could climb with. Now that he had a way to get across the arena he began to climb his way through the trees luckily they were rather close
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:42   #45
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin took a quick stock take of his situation, and seeing no immeadiate danger, relaxed slightly. Studying the datapad, he quickly decided that forging his way through the jungle would be long, hard, hot, sticky, and above all, easily ambushable. Therefore, he reasoned, the easiest and quickest way out would be via the air above the jungle, and the easy way was always prefered. No prizes for doing it the hard way and dying just before you finished. He couldn't help but wonder though, what awaited him above the tree tops. Very easily seen when there is nothing to hide you.

Gryffin launches himself up into the air, and pauses just as his head breaks the forest canopy. He holds himself there, watching for anything nasty, griping the branches, and keeping himself balanced with slow beats of his wings. Nothing seemed to be there, which simply meant the nasty things already knew where was, and were a damned sight more intelligent than he had been hoping for.

After a short period of waiting, Gryffin decided that he may as well make the first move. He had, probably, more formidable weaponry in his psycic and physical arsenals, even if they inevitably had advantage of numbers. With a burst of energy, and a minor useage of televelocites, Gryffin shoots out of the treetops, and straight away several large birds of prey are after him, erupting from trees around the one he had been in. Gryffin couldn't help but be impressed by how they had surrounded him without his noticing. He was not used to looking for mental traces of non-sentient creatures, even social ones like wolves. But they were still birds, after all is said and done. Gryffin waits for the much more agile birds to close with him, while ducking and weaving like they would expect a fleeing prey to. Just before they catch him, as he can feel their arrowhead minds quivering with the anticipation of the kill, he concrentrates. There was a lot of water in air, and it had the same molecule shape as silicon dioxide, which was basically snad, which was basically glass. Which was why ice formed so nicely and easily into colourless sheets. The birds, of course, did what all birds do, and flew straight into the large pane of sheet ice that Gryffin telekinetically formed right behind he as he dived.

Gryffin watches the birds fall back, stunned, into the forest, and checks his position on the map. He had advanced towards the exit, but had drifted to the East slightly. Vearing back towards his target, Gryffin again liberally applies the art of televelocities, and flashes through the air at about the speed of sound, arriving nearly instantly at the far side. He dives down through the canopy, is suddenly rather surprised he didn't think of this near certainy, and pulls his tanto out just in time to put them through the back of the neck of the rather large hairy wolf/bear creature he had just landed on. The blades neatly pierced the flesh and bone, and crossed through the beast's trachea. Gryffin rolls down the back of the collapsing animal, and lands in his feet in a crouch, with the beast slumping to the ground behind him. This would have been excellent, except that his blades were stuck in the dead one's neck, his rifle was still slung over his shoulder, and there were two more less than a meter away from him, guarding the glowing exit portal.

First, Gryffin needed time. For a psycic this posed no problem, for time is a deminsion like any other, and a good psycic can decide how fast he wants to travel in this particular direction, and the best can even decide which way. But Gryffin could a much cleaner way, which would beifit him much more in the long run. Taking a quick foray into the closer beast's mind, he carefully crosses two little memory responses. The ones which say that Gryffin is prey, and his mate is a friend. The rather pleasing result for Gryffin is that he can calmly stand up, pull his tanto from the corpse, clean them on a broad leaf, and walk slowly out of the jungle through the portal, while in the backround the two beasts roll around, ripping at each others throats, tearing at their flesh and muscles with their claws, and generally having a rather fierce battle over a little psycically induced 'misunderstanding'.*

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 03:08   #46
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao made progress throught the trees not as fast as he would have liked but he was still going. He had just stoped to check he was going in the right direction and sip some water from a full canteen secreted in one of his 'boxes'. As he was doing this he noticed a slight clicking sound. Then on the branch in front of him a giant spider appeared. Mr mao didn't even bother to wiat for it to move tworads him. He grabed his flettcette pistol with lightning speed and let off three rounds. The first hit the spider in one of it 3 foot legs and torw it off, the second hit just in front of it. However the third shard buried its self rith in the middle of its eight hideous eyes.

That wasn't hard mrmao gloated. Almost as soon as he said this the sound of a lot more clicking came to his ears. He looked below him self and saw about thirty more spiders coming from a hole in the trees trunk. They would be on him in about fifteen seconds.

Mrmao picked his storage cyilinder out of his pocket and triggered the box for his jet pack. In about ten seconds he had the jetpack on his back and powered up. Not to soon eather as he rushed up through the trees the spiders released a volley of deadly digestive ensimes were he had just been. As he erupted through the trees he came out into the blinding sun light. It really was dark in the canopy of trees.

For that breif couple of seconds mrmao was blinded. That was all the eagels needed they were on him pecking and digging talons into his body, wow it hurt. Mrmao some how managed to reach the throttle button on his jetpack and shot striat up at about sixty miles an hour. he left the agles about 600 ft below him. He couldn't have the wild life follow him ho/me so as the eagles tried in vain to keep up with his climb he sholdered his plasma rifle and took them out with ease.

When all the birds were gone he got out his map and tried to find were he was supossed to go. he was about 300 meters above the exit and ten toi the south. Mrmao turned back tworads the earth and hit the acclerator. he dived through the trees and leveled off at about five meter from the ground, and rouaderd throught the carnage of two hidieus monsters fight ing in front of the portal. He flew strait through and knew he had made it. one challenge down.

occ/anyone who was patient with my spelling errors gets two pointys from me(not useable in this arena). I'd like to thank wezzer for keeping me entertained through my longest post ever after all, i look just like buddy holly./occ
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:15   #47
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ note, paralel timelines means that what Gryffin did, has no effect on you. /ooc

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:07   #48
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ sorry for double post, but I'm not editing this in my last post :P /ooc

Flapjack, while trying to get a couple of grenades to turn into hedgehogs, was suddenly teleported into the arena, which obviously made the half-hedgehog, half-grenades return to their grenade form, which in turn caused quite a bit of havoc in the locker room Flapjack previously occupied. In the forests however the area resounded with the voice of a rather aggitated dragon.

"Stupid teleporter operators, never know when to beam people out at the right time. Hmm, what's this, I didn't have this before."

Flapjack looks down towards the small datapad, quickly reading the information contained in it, after which he realises that whatever was in the forest was pretty garantued to have noticed him by now, after all, he had yelled loud enough to make a man go deaf if he was close. Thus Flapjack quickly looked around the area, which made him notice the small wolf like creature trying to bite his rear left leg.

"Hmmm, aggressive but not all to smart that 1."

Flapjack didn't bother with a great big attack, instead, he just lifted his rear left leg and placed it down on the creature, which resulted in a rather messy heap of broken bones and blood. Flapjack decided that if he was to get out, he'd best start walking now. Thus he started off towards the other side of the forest, simply knocking the trees that got in the way down easily.

He'd progressed nicely when he was alerted by a sudden creaking in the trees above him. Without even thinking about it, he swung his tail over his head, slamming down several trees and sending a monkeylike thing flying into a solid tree, it was immediatly followed by another dozen monkeys jumping down from the trees and beginning to attack him. Luckily their blunt teeth and comparibly razorsharp claws stood no chance against his scale and did nothing more then anger him, their sheer numbers however added an unexpected challenge as Flapjack started ravaging about pretty much randomly, not so much concerned about missing the monkeys a few times, seeing as how there where at least 30 of them trying to hit him.

"Stupid little things, just die already."

After a short fight, half the monkeys where dead and the other half had managed to flee into the trees, Flapjack continued further into the trees, where he was immediatly stopped by a group of what appeared to be dragon hunters, they spoke first. "Stop dragon, proceed no further and submit to us, then you shal not be harmed."

Flapjack didn't bother speaking and the first of the dragonhunters died when a ball of flame threw him several meters back and threw him ablaze, his 2 friends had managed to jump out of the way just in time and 1 of them was rushing at him with a drawn sword. The sword shone brightly before Flapjack's claw forcibly removed the dragonhunter's head from his torso, the now
dead body immediatly collapsing before him. Only for a few moments Flapjack was happy, untill he realized there was a third dragonhunter, a realization confirmed by a firm pain in the ass when a crossbow bolt slammed between the scales and caused a few minor wounds.

"Oy, now I'm angry" Flapjack yelled as he turned around, fire immediatly engulfing where the dragonhunter was standing moments earlier. Flapjack's insuccess in eradicating the pest was obvious when a second crossbow bolt slammed into his left wing, causing some superficial damages as he turned around and swung his tail at the dragon hunter, whom had jumped towards Flapjack's rear to avoid the inevitable, but not coming, blasts of flame. A jump which had now ended with 2 seperate landings on 2 seperate body halves.

Flapjack then decided to push on and suddenly found himself face to face with a small army, tough the army hadn't noticed him yet. Flapjack quickly pulled back a little and suddenly decreased in size rapidly, the effect was highly dramatic for sure, for where had been a 15 meter long dragon, was now a 1,7 meter long elf.

"Let's see, I don't want to face them at all, so let's cause a little mayhem."

Flapjack quickly sank into concentration, his body becoming like glass in a matter of moments, with his camouflage now in place, Flapjack concetrated on the army camp, his telemorphic abilities allowing him to literally look from the perspective of the various tents and small wagons that had been placed across the small clearing. It was obvious this army was preparing for war and hadn't noticed there was a dragon stomping through the forest they where in.

Flapjack continued searching untill he found what he was looking for and almost lost control, the exit portal was in the commanding officer's tent, apparently it was invisible and unusable to them because the commander walked through it several times without any apparent effect. A diversion would be needed, though Flapjack didn't doubt the commander would stay where he was, he needed to even the odds.

Thus Flapjack began to morph small objects and the ground itself on the other side of the camp, turning them into what appeared to be soldiers, but where in fact nothing more then mindless and lifeless puppets. With them in place, he started the final part of his plan, casting a hail of fire-arrows, tough without most of their fire effect, they where supposed to immitate normal arrows. He grinned as heard the yells of the surprised soldiers when the arrows started flying, it was almost certain they would rush to attack the enemy and hopefully, there would only be a few left in the camp.

As he noticed the soldiers had mostly left the camp, Flapjack broke cover, using his telemorphic skill to directly generate oxygen into his muscles as he sprinted across the clearing between the forest and camp, easily breaking his previous sprint record as he reached the camp and found a minor flaw in his planning, namely a high speed requires more space to slow down, something in which Flapjack was now rather unsuccessfull as he bursted into 1 of the tents, the medical tent, there weren't a lot of places worse then this right now as 2 gaurds immediatly rushed towards him, the first falling almost immediatly as his shoes melted with the floor, the second falling down as a red flash struck across his lower body, his guts immediatly poking out through the rather painfull hole which had appeared.

Flapjack quickly rushed out of the tent, the 3 guards who where now chasing however found the exit he had used, which consisted of 2 parts of the tent and a small hole between them, had suddenly become rather solid, namely rock solid in a most literal way. The surprised guard standing on the outside of the tent found a sword sticking through his stumach, which when more closely examined proved to be the sword of the guard Flapjack had slashed down inside the tent.

Flapjack in the meanwhile bursted into the commander's tent, the 2 guards with halberds now headless, the commander however was more responsive and had risen in front of Flapjack, sword drawn. The 2 quickly engaged eachother, flapjack had little interest in trying to kill the commander, it was clear this man was greatly capable and Flapjack had no time to waste, literally, the soldiers by now must have found out about his deceit and it would not be long before the area would be crawling with soldiers all eager to put a sword through him.

The fight was a most aggressive 1, both combatants inflicting minor wounds on their opponents with terrifying regularity, the commander was slowly moving backwards however to avoid being killed, just then Flapjack could hear the men outside, it would be a matter of moments before someone would enter the tent and that would most certainly be the end of it, Flapjack made a rather desperate move, suddenly stabbing down at the commander who nimbly dodged aftwards and slashed his sword in Flapjack's side. With this however the commander had moved to behind the portal and just as the first soldier rushed into the tent, sword drawn, flapjack jumped forward into the portal, which momentarily became visible to all as Flapjack disappeared through it, the soldier's sword cutting thin air and a small bit of Flapjack's coat.

Then with a flash the portal closed behind Flapjack and the tunnel into which he had been thrown began collapsing behind him while he himself found he was moving rapidly, tough with little control, through the confined tunnel, while somehow avoiding the walls, tough narrowly, the whole time. Only a few seconds had past, though to Flapjack they seemed like an eternity, when Flapjack was forcibly hurled out on the other side, where several other contestant had already gathered. It seemed like he had been 1 of the slowest however he couldn't care much. He wasn't in this contest for the quite substantial prize, he was in it for the honour

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 20:12   #49
Nomani
Lurker

Nomi blinks and finds herself standing at the edge of a thick forest. The sudden and seamless transportation troubles her but not enough to merit extensive thought. She simply accepts that the beings in charge of this 'contest' are equipped with not only technological marvels that she can barely comprehend, but magic far beyond anything she has encountered yet in her travels. The small metallic device in her hand, a data-pad someone had called it, is displaying a simple map with two X's blinking slowly. After a few minutes of randomly tapping the few buttons a scrolling list appears, overlaying the map. The list contains what it claims is a short list of creatures known to be present in the area before her. Some of the creatures that appear are unfamiliar and the alphabetized list continues scrolling for some minutes. When it finally reaches the end a brief note appears stating that her objective is to travel from her starting point at the black X on the map to the green X. Nomi shoves the datapad into her robe and promptly forgets about it once assuring all her knives are present and accounted for and her quarterstaff is strapped to her back.

“Survival it is.” A mere ten feet of open grass are between her and the trees. There are no visible gaps in the thick vegetation. The dense undergrowth is an impenetrable wall of green vines and sharp brown thorns. With a barely audible sigh Nomi takes a step towards the forest. Then another. As her foot touches the ground on her third step the ground blisters and swells. The sod tears and falls back as the dirt rises. A dozen xorn, cousins to earth elementals, rise up to surround Nomi with a solid wall of living mineral. The metalivores slide in closer, threatening to crush her between them like a grape in a press to get the metal she carries. When they are near enough that she could reach out and touch the creatures Nomi springs straight up in the air, unslinging her quarterstaff simultaneously. At the peak of her jump she brings up the solid piece of wood and turns it horizontal as it clears the tops of the xorn. Each end of the staff rests in the indentation between two xorn and Nomi climbs out of the trap. Grabbing her weapon off the ring of moving earth she jumps to the ground and runs for the trees, leaving the slow xorn confused and hungry.

Nomi jogs along the edge of the overgrown brush until there is enough distance between her and the painfully slow moving xorn to stop and think. She prods some vines with her staff and they close tight around it, trying to pull the wood out of her grasp. Arm muscles standing out with the effort, she draws the quarterstaff close and cuts it free with her hunting knife. She slings it across her back again and replaces the knife. “Can't go under it, can't go through it, time to go over it.” Nomi grins mischievously as her form flows into that of a small black dragon. A mere 15 feet long, her sleek scales are almost blue in the light as she stretches her leathery wings and takes to the air.

Clearing the treetops with a few strong wing beats Nomi remembers how much she enjoys flying. The bright sunlight bleaches the treetops to pale shades of green. The black dragon sails almost halfway across the forest before something tickles her awareness and she banks sharply. A bright orange shape streaks past with a screech of anger. The phoenix levels off before hitting the treetops and climbs as it circles back behind the dragon. Its wingspan is easily 30 feet from tip to tip. Nomi loses track of the giant bird as it passes in front of the sun blinding her. Bright spots of white pain are blinking in her vision as the phoenix dives again. Nomi tucks her wings in and dives blind the instant the sharp talons contact her scales. The bird's feet just miss getting a solid grip and the dragon slides free. As she climbs sharply Nomi's vision starts to clear. The phoenix' momentum rapidly carries it below her and Nomi dives onto its back. Her sharp talons dig through the hazy feathers and into the muscles below. With another shriek the bird twists wildly, trying to dislodge the dragon. In response the dragon triples in size, keeping the now enormous wings folded tight. The pair plunge toward the treetops. As they hit and the treetops drive themselves into its body the phoenix bursts into flames, igniting the surrounding trees.

Nomi lands hard on all fours unscathed by the broken trees. The ground shakes at the impact. Ashes from the dead phoenix float gently to the forest floor to mix with the dead vegetation slowly rotting in the new patch of sunlight. For a moment all is silent save the crackling of the burning treetops. The dragon shrinks back to its former size as a cloud of thick black smoke begins to rise from the area. The midair battle has carried her to the halfway point.

Nomi slinks along the ground to avoid the worst of the smoke and steps on a land mine. The explosion momentarily stuns her. Machine gun fire follows immediately. The thin membrane of the dragon's wings is nearly instantly perforated. Bright blood flows down the black scales. Shouts from hidden soldiers preface another round of gunfire. The dragon vanishes. In its place a black house cat crouches in the underbrush, just below the flying bullets. The moment there is a pause she runs up the nearest tree and disappears among the leaves.

Climbing through the trees allows Nomi to get most of the way across the forest without too much difficulty. A little bit of blood continues to dribble from where her tattered wings had been, but not enough to attract any large predators. Her thick fur grows sticky with it and bugs occasionally swarm, but she is unwilling to expend the energy to heal such minor wounds. Soon the exit portal is in sight. It is surrounded by a group of horsemen with a pack of large hunting cats.

“I tell you it's here. The mistcat feels it.”

“Bah, that pet of yours couldn't find trees in a forest.”

The horsemen continue arguing, all of them taking sides either for or against the one with the mistcat. The beast in question is perched behind one of the riders on a small cushion to protect the horse from its claws. Nomi looks around for a way to bypass them. She steps on a vine and it quickly wraps around her paw. Ripping herself free Nomi notices that this entire area is full of chokevines. With a grin she shifts back into a human and pulls out her flute. From her perch up in the trees Nomi begins to play ever so softly. She slowly lets the sound grow until the men can hear it. The argument dies as they look around for the source of the sound. The cats ignore the sound while the men begin to venture towards Nomi. Silently she moves further into the stand of chokevines. Entranced, the men follow. Once they are close enough she steps out of hiding. “Catch me if you can!” she calls playfully and climbs higher in the tree. One whips out a bow and fires. It hits Nomi with a satisfying thunk as she disappears from view. Moments afterwards one of the men turns right into one of the deadly vines.

“A trap!” The hunting party is in chaos and most of the men are grabbed by chokevines and slowly suffocated. Before moving on Nomi rips the arrow out of her side. Then she pulls out the datapad. The screen is punctured and the back dented outward. Mumbling about it finally being useful for something she absently drops it. Nomi reappears above the cats and jumps to the ground. As she lands half a dozen of the beasts pounce, biting and clawing each other as their prey becomes a mouse and darts out of the pile of felines. The mistcat, waiting for just such an opportunity and grabs the mouse. It gulps down the rodent and sits down to wash. A few minutes pass as the mistcat continues washing. And a few more. Then it lays down to nap. Suddenly it howls in pain. A second later the cry is cut off as its gut bursts open and a scaled panther climbs out, dripping with blood and stomach acid. The other cats are still trying to sort themselves out as Nomi roars in anger and rips the mistcat's carcass apart further. Then she stalks through the portal growling about how predators have incredibly bad breath.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 03:59   #50
Bakan
To Old to Die......

72-hour deadline has passed.