User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:14   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Jobs

As usual i approach GD hoping that somebody here knows something of use to me.

Anyways ...

I am able to save a decent amount of my wage but i need to save more to which end i'm thinking of getting another job.

I currently work 14:00 - 22:00 (or i will come January).

This summer coming i think there will be plenty of (very nicely paid) over time (08:30 - 16:00 Sat/Sun) so i want to be able to do that.

As such i need a job which fits round my schedule (i'm thinking of trying to get a job in a bookshop or something).

I reckon that i could do mornings and maybe weekends (until the OT at my "proper" job kicks in) there.

Anyways those are my thoughts and i think i'm gonna pursue them however i was wondering:

"Does anyone here know of any 'cool' jobs?"

By "cool" i mean something like proof reading documents/manuscripts or something equally random that i could conceivably do from home.

Some job that not many people know about but which is definately "a good un". *

Getting a decent wage for it would also be a plus.

If you know any "cool jobs" the more info (eg who i could contact / personal experience / friends experience) you have the better.

Thanks in advance.

*in the spirit of sharing i can tell you that if you can get a job in the passport office this coming year i'd take it if i was you. Lots of VERY well paid OT, piss easy work and **** all stress.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:28   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jobs

I work teaching school kids privately, get paid £10 an hour per kid, started a couple of weeks ago, saw the advert in the newspaper shop, quite cool, i get paid nice load of money, easy work (ie Bonjour etc) enriching peoples lives.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 05:36   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Jobs

I'm sure Dante could get you a nice PT job with him in tech support. They always need another finger or two in the dikes of the Information Age.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 07:13   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I once knew someone who did proof reading from home, that seemed like a fairly good job (I've no idea how you get into it though - there are often ads in the paper for a 'course' on how to proof read, but I suspect they're scams).

Some people seem to make money from selling things via Ebay, couldn't you try that? (Not a 'job' per se I realise). A friend of mine is a school teacher and does that on the side for alleged riches.

Finally, why not do something like club promoting (or something affiliated). There's lots of people I know who seem to make money flyering / working at night clubs / promoting nights for London clubs. The money is rarely amazing but you meet lots of people, etc. There's a guy who works in the cloakroom of a club who seems to spend his entire time chatting up underage girls who go there. Oh, and playing random people at Street Fighter 2. If that isn't the ****ing life, I don't know what is.

Of course, the easiest way to save money is to simply spend less. Rearranging debts or payment schedules / changing shopping habits / switching utility providers / blowing less money on crap can easily save you £20/£30 per week which sure beats working for two or three hours a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I'm sure Dante could get you a nice PT job with him in tech support. They always need another finger or two in the dikes of the Information Age.
Yeah, this is what I do as my second (part-time job). Work my main job from 8:30-16:30 (ish) and then the next job from 18:00 - 22:00. Bit of a bastard, time wise, but means I still have weekends free at the moment (unless I choose otherwise) and pushes my gross income a month to something like £2450. If I wanted to, I could do weekends as well for another £100 per week, but fk that.

However, Dace lacks the madskillz to work in tech support. He could work in a call-centre generally though, they often look for flexible hours. That's pretty much the antithesis of a 'cool' job though.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 18:56   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Go back to school. Work is shit.
I'm planning on doing a proper uni education. Something with multimedia or so. Being artistic and stuff.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 00:12   #6
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

For the next four years i will be mostly sponging off of the government. \0/

God bless student loans.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:04   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Become a paid assassin. Lots of foreign travel and meeting people, unfortunately there is a slight chance of a criminal record and being shot by the police but every job has its downside right ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:44   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Go back to school. Work is shit.
I'm planning on doing a proper uni education. Something with multimedia or so. Being artistic and stuff.

I'm planning on going back to Uni that's why i need the money.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:54   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
*in the spirit of sharing i can tell you that if you can get a job in the passport office this coming year i'd take it if i was you. Lots of VERY well paid OT, piss easy work and **** all stress.
I'll take your word for it. I'm going to apply for one as soon as Croydon's branch have vacancies available.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 12:42   #10
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
For the next four years i will be mostly sponging off of the government. \0/

God bless student loans.
Did it never occur to you that you have to pay back loans?
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 15:49   #11
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

teach maths for a year or two and you wont .
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 16:13   #12
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

become an envelope sticker-downer..... from home lots of money and piss eaasy

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 16:24   #13
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

play poker for cash, or alternatively, cheat at blackjack.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 16:28   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
cheat at blackjack.
Care to elaborate how?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 16:31   #15
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

order the pack so u win.....

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 16:31   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
play poker for cash

i'm trying to do that but i aint winning yet :(
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 18:07   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Care to elaborate how?
card counting, you need to be awesome at maths but it can work
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 18:52   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Card counting isn't "cheating".
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 19:24   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Card counting isn't "cheating".
Well casinoes don't allow it.
My mate told me an easy method the other day about if its lower than a 6 or something you -1, 7-9 do nothing and 10-A you +1 or something and keeping a running total and act acordingly if the number is positive or negative. I didn't really understand it, as you can tell
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 19:28   #20
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

card counting is generally frowned upon. plus, most casinos now tend to use a 'deck' made of of 5 decks. this makes it much less effective, and swings the odds back in favour of the house

-mist
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 19:30   #21
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
card counting is generally frowned upon. plus, most casinos now tend to use a 'deck' made of of 5 decks. this makes it much less effective, and swings the odds back in favour of the house
Not to mention harder to count.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 05:17   #22
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

btw, i live in third world, under employment (tho i seem to earn more then some here ) and want to live for atime on europe earnin good euro-money. I have excellent communication skills but my english sucks. Worked as Public Relations most of my life organizing cultural eventes but i know how to do a lot more than that. No fear to pay attention and learn and know how to do it fast. If someone has a not homosexual-related job for me please pm. I can go to anywhere of Europe in couple months

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 05:29   #23
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

i wont $500 on poker on willhill.com.. then lost it in roulette, it was a sad day
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 06:04   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Veil05: a free tip: When you win some money, take the money and walk away, dont play anymore that day.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 20:01   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of jobs
i'm currently looking for some sort of home-based data entry type job. something i can do for an hour or two at night in the comfort of my own home.
i've seen lots on the internet but i'm scared that they're all scams if anyone knows of one that's decent let me know.

ps sorry dace can't help you out as i know fk all what's available over there :\