User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Oct 2003, 12:57   #1
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road
Styles

Added Rnd8-9 Default
and Rnd5-7 Default

others coming soon..
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 13:06   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Styles

retro 2 pretty please?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 13:19   #3
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

will do eventually

the style system for vb3 is still being redesigned to making customised templates atm is out

as for design - CSS needs the following
Page Color/font
Links - hover/visit/normal
table header - bg/text colors
catergry - bg/text colors
alternating table colors

then just the standard GFX ( a header with room for a banner, and button sets)
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 14:28   #4
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Retro 1 & 2 added
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 14:31   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Styles

Dreammaker...?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 14:38   #6
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

will gewt done but will take longer as it has gfx involved
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 15:24   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ah, thank god! retro 2 has returned!
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 15:33   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

This season I shall be sporting retro 1
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 15:47   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

R5-7 Default graphics + Retro 1 stylesheet override = 'teh win'

Edit: Apparently I mixed up Retro 1 and Retro 2

Last edited by Leshy; 11 Oct 2003 at 16:55.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 16:03   #10
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

what you think of the new buttons on retro 2 and 1?
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 16:11   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Was there cyan text before on Retro 2?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 16:25   #12
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

don't think so
i copied the colors as the exist on the current forums
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 16:49   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

thanks
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:02   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

\o/
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:10   #15
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian

retro one.. the buttons are a bit too 'light' orangy, can they be a tad darker?

or will i just get used to it..
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:38   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thats retro 2, and so far, i have no compliants, its like coming home after a long vacation!
you dont get much of this round here, but thanks karmulian!
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:52   #17
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
retro one.. the buttons are a bit too 'light' orangy, can they be a tad darker?
what he said

also, quote instead of reply would be better, but not a big deal
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:54   #18
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Retro 1 == orange
Retro 2= horrid green/blue crap
( i had this arguement with leshy)
it was like this on the old forums

anyways i will see if i can get some darket buttons on retro 1
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 17:55   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, i just got caught out by that, but i dont really care, as i almost always use quick reply anyway, which is perhaps the most useful feature of the new forums
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 18:44   #20
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

on a completelt different note

the banners should be fixed - no more vertical banners ( i hope)

thanks to idi for tweaking my interest into looking at the problem
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 18:50   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Styles

Quote:
r2 - nice buttons, but I don't like the style.
r1 - Too orange.
Quote:
on a completelt different note

the banners should be fixed - no more vertical banners ( i hope)

thanks to idi for tweaking my interest into looking at the problem
WTF? I thought it was Jolt's problem and there was nothing you could do about it?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 18:52   #22
Ragnarak

Quote:
Retro 1 == orange
Retro 2= horrid green/blue crap

i always thought retro 2 was the orange one
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 20:45   #23
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Dreammaker, Greenpepper & Lairyfish all live
any other styles have been abandoned

and with regards to the banners.. we cheated
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 20:54   #24
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Changed the button set on Retro 1 - would appreciate any comments
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:29   #25
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

er.. i've kind of seem to have lost the retro 1 style? :\
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:33   #26
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
er.. i've kind of seem to have lost the retro 1 style? :\
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:36   #27
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

i appear to have forgotten to turn it back on

now done
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:37   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
i always thought retro 2 was the orange one
Everyone did.
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:37   #29
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Everyone did.
is that because it was?
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:38   #30
Ragnarak

Quote:
i appear to have forgotten to turn it back on

now done
karm, the buttons, worse than before

can you not tone the brightness down and make them a darker orange?
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:46   #31
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

if it was the orange one then someone has since gone into the old forums and change them around

and with regards to the buttons.. i am crap with GFX but if someone would like to do some i can give a zip of the button set
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 21:52   #32
Ragnarak

Quote:
if it was the orange one then someone has since gone into the old forums and change them around

and with regards to the buttons.. i am crap with GFX but if someone would like to do some i can give a zip of the button set
a colour change would be enough
open photoshop, image, adjustments, hue and saturation
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 22:08   #33
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

assumes i have photoshop

which i don't
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 22:14   #34
Ragnarak

Quote:
assumes i have photoshop

which i don't

gimp
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 22:33   #35
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

rnd 5 was my favorite, I really like the blue. Although, can you make the text box where one types in the text not so stark white, if I recall correctly, it used to be blue too? right now it hurts my eyes
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 22:59   #36
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

the input fields aren't white

they are set to blue with blue text :/
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 23:17   #37
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

really? mine is white as bleach. I'd take a screenshot but there's no photo editor on this computer, might be because I'm using a japanese version of windows. I'll find out monday when I'm at work. Anyone else use rnd5-7 and have a white textbox?
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 23:28   #38
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

I had a look at it and i get the right color

ps - most buttons should be fixed now if there are any that don't match the style please tell me
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 23:33   #39
s|k
Caveat Lector

ohhhhh, it was because I had the advanced toolbar optioned checked!!!
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 23:37   #40
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

hmm.. i'll have a look at that.. it shouldn't go white because of the toolbar
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 02:42   #41
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

ah, retro v1...how I have missed thee
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 03:26   #42
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me, or is Dreammaker a bit 'off' somehow?

Besides the little swirly graphics being replaced by the standard vb thing on forum headers.

The color isn't quite right...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 08:10   #43
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dreammaker, Greenpepper & Lairyfish all live
any other styles have been abandoned
I'm using lairyfish right now

and loving it
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2003, 10:14   #44
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Cochese colors are correct - however some of the graphics and layout are not.. they will be changed in due course

Flav - forum jump was always there, the only thing thats different about that section is printable version - which used to be at the top