User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:24   #1
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Some internet help here

Scenario...

Been chatting happily to a friend on MSN. He's also on line at the same time with Skype. We use both all the time randomly.

I send a message on MSN but don't get a reply. It’s a canny important message.

Eventually I get a text.

I check MSN but he's off line now. I check Skype but he's online. He's still in the house. Now my friend auto signs in to Skype, but manually sings into MSN.

I text back straight away asking why he's texting me if he has a problem just Skype?

He said he did not get my MSN. He said he'd earlier simply closed down the MSN window and did not get my message. I clarify this, just the window was closed? Yes, 'yes'.

Then you’re still on line and when I message you, the message flashes up.

Now the second I got the text I checked MSN. Was off line. But he's still in the house and on line skye. I checked my own MSN window, no undeliverable message was there.

My simple brain says the MSN got through and was ignored, my friend off lined when they got it sent text and lied from then on. If I'm wrong then serve me up a big slice of cheesecake humble pie.

Last edited by Maladoni; 25 Jun 2006 at 00:34.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:31   #2
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Some internet help here

why would your friend lie? It is intirely possible that the msn servers (or some other part of the general process) buggered something up, you have to ask yourself: do you trust your friend?
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:36   #3
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

i'm asking myself the same thing. like i said it was an important message. and its not the first time.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:36   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://help.msn.com/

hope that helps
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:40   #5
Maladoni
Infrequent

like a hole in the head, but you can pat your own back.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:42   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

if you want security stop using msn. Problem solved.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:43   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's no way to verify what happened. I consistently get these kinds of errors with MSN.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:45   #8
Maladoni
Infrequent

this has nothing to do with security and everything to do with honour. i should of mentioned there have been several incidents via random mediums where this has occured before, i think i have just answered my question.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 00:55   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
this has nothing to do with security and everything to do with honour. i should of mentioned there have been several incidents via random mediums where this has occured before, i think i have just answered my question.
If this is in relation to a 'friend' of yours then it seems logical that you are in a better position than we are to know what might be going on ...
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 01:06   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i'm asking myself the same thing. like i said it was an important message. and its not the first time.
Skiddy never replies to my texts/msn messages/PM's either

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 01:10   #11
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
If this is in relation to a 'friend' of yours then it seems logical that you are in a better position than we are to know what might be going on ...
my questions was regards to the technical possibilities not friendship, answers to the initial question where disappoint airy.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 01:14   #12
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Skiddy never replies to my texts/msn messages/PM's either
The day when I’d be bothered or not if that ejit saw fit to give me an audience on msn is the day he snaps his guitar in half.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 01:29   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
my questions was regards to the technical possibilities not friendship, answers to the initial question where disappoint airy.
trying to consider tachnical posibilities without including the human factor would seem rather silly.

technically when at work I only delete an e-mail by choice. however sometimes when i go for a fag and lock my computer I have my e-mails open, i don't 3 key all at the same time: there goes whichever e-mail i was reading.

I am loathe to speak for those who know technical details far better than myself but I do not understand what the problem in question is. Nor do I understand the nature of the help you are requesting.

(in re skiddy; he has two guitars (point 1) and i wouldn't bother to text/email or any other bollocks because if you want to speak to someone then you have to give them a call)
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 01:30   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I don't respond to people when I can't be bothered to reply even although they'll try various methods such as "I know you're there." etc. when infact my status is clearly marked 'Away' for a reason.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 03:33   #15
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Tried to find other ways to keep in contact with your friend? Not sure, but think it could be a firewall causing the problems.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 05:15   #16
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I've had messages sent to me that i have not received and vice-versa recently (in the last week) via MSN.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 09:02   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
There's no way to verify what happened. I consistently get these kinds of errors with MSN.
I concur with this.

Also, the MSN "this message is undeliverable" thing is totally unreliable.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 09:20   #18
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Have we all missed the obvious.. it's just MSN christ sake. I personally would not take any communication over the internet as reliable. Some people just read too much into things I swear.
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 12:23   #19
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't ignore you Ste, or you Jon.

I ignore everyone equally.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 14:34   #20
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Next time you're on his PC, install UltraVNC and connect to it when he isn;t looking.

Then, send him another important MSN and you'll see in the VNC window if he gets it or not or if he's telling porkie pies and you can legally put his body under the patio/in the wood chipper when you've finished with him.

Simple!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote