User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Oct 2005, 23:24   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
The Beginning......

So, what first brought you to these forums?
When did it start and why?

My story begins 5 and a half years ago, February 2000 to be exact.

It was my first year of Sixth Form. On rainy days at school, some mates and I used to frequent the WWF forums in the computer rooms.

A couple of guys in my year used to go on about "My fleet is getting there in about 5 ticks" etc, and loads of other random shit like "roids".

At first I put it down to an uncomfortable ailment, but soon realised there was this game people were playing. They recommended I check it out, so I did, and it was quite fun.

Alas, I never made it into the top 10 - I think my highest was about 50 something. I played for the first 4 rounds - and would post game related stuff on the boards.

I soon lost interest after they started changing things too much, and didn't bother again. By that time, I had made a few buddies on IRC, so I popped back in randomly a couple of years later, and lo and behold they were still around.

Anyway, I played another round half heartedly and chipped cos it was crap but mainly hung around on GD.

Then I stayed away for a few years and returned a new months ago to discover how crap everything had become with the crappy rep system, and people acting like they are newspaper columnists regarding threads...

Anyway, what's your excuse?
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 00:01   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Beginning......

I'm just here for the free digestive biscuits and tea, really.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 00:50   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

You never read gd much before did you?

I started playing pa cause one of my mates got me into it, i started reading the forums, got an account, then got this account and started posting shit in about july 2000. Haven't looked back since. Well, I have, cause it was 'ace' back then, lots of cool people who where around then have departed, which is a shame really.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 00:52   #4
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
lots of cool people who where around then have departed, which is a shame really.
Amen to that.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 00:57   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

insomnia? read this cure...

It's March 2000 and my brother is visiting and uses my PC to check his planet. Apparently it's very popular at his workplace. I sign up and play the first 8 rounds. I make a few forum accounts, usually because I changed to match my planet name from round to round. Anyway, I rarely read GD, and only occasionally posted in PD/AD.

Sometimes I'd revisit irc to catch up with old pals. It was round 9b and someone persuaded me to have a nostalgic replay because it was free. This time, my board visits extended to GD, lurking/posting infrequently. Then there was some forum bug (caused by email notification lockup iirc - blame Karm is all you need to know) and I couldn't post at all, so I made this new temporary account as a test / to complain etc. For no real reason I kept it and started posting more, and now it's 5000 posts later and I'm still here.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 02:24   #6
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Blame Krogzar. At uni, 6 years ago.

And blame me for Koen.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 02:27   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Blame Krogzar. At uni, 6 years ago.

And blame me for Koen.
That confession is enough to justify you being burned alive.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 03:03   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I used to like to read the shit that nodrog, JJ, HobieRouge, orio, everyone else used to post on GD back when there were hundreds of thousands of players and GD had a new thread every minute. I had a different account then and I pretty much didn't participate actively until I created this account named after my IRC moniker (I didn't know I could use the |). I've been more active on netgamers than I have on PA or on GD, and most people that know me well on netgamers (#php, #bluetubas) have known me since 2001.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 09:40   #9
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i have been annoying people by spouting crap around her for nearly 5 years, i was researching online multiplayer games and i got a bit of a crush on a galaxy mate and hung around, now this place is a bit of a naughty habit and as its full of weirdos makes me feel a normal (ish)
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 09:42   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i got a bit of a crush on a galaxy mate
dear oh dear madi
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 09:58   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I started playing in Februari 2000. I really don't remember anymore how I got into PA, probably by browsing the web looking for free online strategy games. As I thought this was an interesting game I took some reallife friends into it as well and my brother. Played round 1 - 6 and 9,5. Joined the forums in april 2000 but mainly to yell around bullshit about alliances. I've had 2 PA relationships ( ) One lasted almost 2 years, the other one a week or something. Nowadays I don't do internetgirls.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:10   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Taratang told me that the game was ace and i should get an account. At the same time i signed up for the forums (or near as damnit) and posted utter drivel on GD. Howevar that sooned turned into okish posts. I used irc a fair bit and messiah asked me if i wanted to help out doing the questions forum. From that i was moved to GD and i never really looked back.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 10:34   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
That confession is enough to justify you being burned alive.

theam for wickerman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i got a bit of a crush on a galaxy mate
which one? hehehe

one of my mates was playing, he was ok but one of his mates was rather highly placed in the first couple of rounds and they convinced me to get a planet, then proceeded to laugh every time i got roided after that i just kind of never left, even now, i could probably do without the internet to be honest, as all i do is read this place and half a dozen web comics
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 11:25   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I was a part of another active community at the time working with the Quake source code. We were trying to take it to new boundaries and develop new standards for its usage. Surprisingly it still exists, http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/quakesource/ ...the original host however seems to have been taken over by Yahoo and there hasn't been a meaningful post there in years.

One of the other devs there, Tane Piper had a link to Planetarion on his project page. I figured what the hell and clicked it, been hooked ever since. I knew no one else who was playing so I figured there might be an IRC channel I could hook up with some peeps through. I jumped onto my usual stomping grounds at efnet and sure enough there was a #Planetarion channel there, but no one spoke any english, just this bizarre language they call Norwegian

I decided to try another popular IRC network and switched to Dalnet, once again there was indeed another #planetarion channel, but it only had like 2-3 members in it. I inspected the list, just some bozos by the names Athan, Messiah & Zeus. Apparently by some freak chance I had just stumbled into their channel they created not more than 5 minutes ago.

Another interesting bit of trivia is the guy that originally got me into the game, Tane, is one of the devs working for Crytek on their Silent Space game. This was long before they were as well known as they are now for Farcry.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:08   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i got introduced by a friend at school who isn't my friend anymore.

i played pa, became a mod, became pateam, became admin got bored and quit and now i just annoy people through being myself. i think i been here for a while i don't know how long, you'll see when i post on the left. edit: 4 years

its comforting
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:18   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Beginning......

I saw an ad for Planetarion in PCGamer or some such publication, and I signed up for the game, and I eventually discovered the forums.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:29   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My friends were all playing the game in Round 2 and nagged me until I checked it out. It seemed a fairly good time waster, so I kept playing. I signed up a forums account a little later but didn't bother posting much. I used to read the forums a hell of a lot though. Synthetic_Sid was probably the best poster then, before GD got designated as a non-PA forum.

I signed up this account to post on a thread about my parallel alliance in Round 4. I kept my posts in Alliance Discussions most of the time, but then I saw some mildly interesting thread about communism (or something similar) and so I got dragged in that way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:40   #18
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Started playing in R3 because some mates who played games on the MSN zone suggested I should as the game 'r0x0rs' or something, we farmed our way through round 3 in our own little alliance, fell out with a crowd of back stabbers called TF (Davos, Malos and I think Androme/goon? back then) and got into some decent alliances by round 4. My first account on the forums was in 2002 (XA Megatron) but I didn't post much in GD because I didn't/don't know many posters on here but have been viewing since then because it is a pretty unique place and I need somewhere to loiter these days.

Last edited by PSH; 20 Oct 2005 at 12:45.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:44   #19
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

My friends told me about planetarion. I played for three rounds and started using IRC to communicate with my galaxy mates. I started to frequent various IRC channels and post on the forums. I quit playing planetarion but kept making random threads on General Discussions to keep my occupied. nqp.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:49   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
My friends were all playing the game in Round 2 and nagged me until I checked it out. It seemed a fairly good time waster, so I kept playing. I signed up a forums account a little later but didn't bother posting much. I used to read the forums a hell of a lot though. Synthetic_Sid was probably the best poster then, before GD got designated as a non-PA forum.

I signed up this account to post on a thread about my parallel alliance in Round 4. I kept my posts in Alliance Discussions most of the time, but then I saw some mildly interesting thread about communism (or something similar) and so I got dragged in that way.
GD was always a non-PA forum, but it never had the negative connotations toward PA back then that it does now. That only started when old-skool players decided they didn't want to be associated with new-skool players.

and heh, parallel clusters had to be the most retarded idea they came up with, I was on pa crew when that was introduced, and lobbied best I could to get it axed, but I was out-voted in the end :/
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:51   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
GD was always a non-PA forum
That's not true. Obviously there were always non-PA threads, but they mingled with the PA threads. So if Sid was going to declare war on someone, or post some other propaganda he did it here. Alliance Discussions then (if it was even called that) was used mainly for recruitment, and PD didn't exist.

edit : Re-reading my post I realise I wasn't very clear. When I said "GD was designated as a non-PA forum" I meant a _purely_ non-pa forum.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 20 Oct 2005 at 13:00.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 13:02   #22
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and PD didn't exist.
They were indeed dark days
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 13:45   #23
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

jesus christ it'll be 5 years next year. DDA RUN RUN before you enter a time warp and wonder what the hell happened.

some friends were playing i checked it out, stuck around etc. I would leave, honest i would but ive seen other internet forums and i keep running back. I think i need a hiatus though, a year or so off.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 13:54   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a friend signed up in jan 2001 and I thought PA looked shit. he got hooked so I signed up so I could tell him it was definately shit and played the remainder of round 3. Joined AIM but then it died as Pure was recruited into Wolfpack and AIM merged into Tuba while I was on holiday... A group of us got together for round 4 and were fairly active but we were in the 8th parallal and without major alliance backing so got held back by T8P. I was designated as the "person who reads the forum" and to keep my ears to the ground regarding alliances, strategies etc and started posting bits and pieces.
Then I went to uni and stopped using the internet for a year... At the end of the first year I got a temp job in a college with nothing to do except piss around on the net so I signed up for a free planet in whatever round it was and started posting on the forums more... and more... and more!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:07   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's not true. Obviously there were always non-PA threads, but they mingled with the PA threads. So if Sid was going to declare war on someone, or post some other propaganda he did it here. Alliance Discussions then (if it was even called that) was used mainly for recruitment, and PD didn't exist.

edit : Re-reading my post I realise I wasn't very clear. When I said "GD was designated as a non-PA forum" I meant a _purely_ non-pa forum.
There was the alliances forum back then before it got split into AD and AR (i'm pretty sure I never modded the alliances forum so I think this must have happened prior to r7 when I started).

A real life friend of mine (who has long since quit) told me about planetarion towards the end of r1 and I had a look and it was interesting and I was going to sign up but he said to wait for a while. Some indeterminate time later he rang me back up and I signed up for r2. I played until the middle of r5 I think before quitting. I used to always read the forums but I never bothered posting. Somewhere in between around may 2001 apparently I signed up an account for some strange reason (thinking back on it now it was probably alliance related or something). Within a week or two I started posting on GD where I met various interesting groups of people and joined some fun irc channels. It was all downhill from there but I'd like to think I'm responsible for a few cool and or helpful things like #forums or moderating the boards, you can blame jboy for getting me involved in that particular filth-ridden aspect of the internet.

It's been four and a half years since I registered this account and five and a half since I started playing the game. Time does fly when you're having fun
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:36   #26
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I suggested the split of AD and AR. I am a god and my posting is diabolically poor today.

\o/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:42   #27
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I saw an ad for Planetarion in PCGamer or some such publication, and I signed up for the game, and I eventually discovered the forums.
You mean there was advertising and it worked?

[start life history]
In 1997/8 I was playing Worms 2, I (sort of) fell in with some french guys, who were on some french IRC network. You have no idea how long it took them to explain IRC to me. Anyway, they got their channel banned because they were hackers, and moved to Undernet. From Undernet, I joined some of the random channels I'd joined on the random french network, including a Goth/Vampire one. From there, I moved to a bigger chat channel, became a reg, and got involved in a few small channels too. One of them asked me if I wanted to sign up to PA at the start of R4. I played most of the rounds since to some degree (skipped r7), and then ... well 2 years ago I got my forum account, and about 6 months - 1 year ago got more into the forum. After a few bad starts, I finally managed to post things good enough that even yahwe vaugely approved
[end transmission]
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:05   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was actually a 'feature' which took up about 1/3 of the page.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:08   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I felt all cool and elite when I read that article while i was already roiding several arses (h)
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:43   #30
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I started playing PA early in R1. I began posting on the forums mostly to ask about some of the many quirks* in the game. Eventually I was asked to help mod some of the forums and hung out a lot on the PA-related ones (Strategy mostly). After R6 I quit playing and moding and started to hang out more on GD, though less overall.

*or bugs, as it turned out in too many cases. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:56   #31
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As punishment for my crimes against hair styles, It was either post on GD or go to prison, I don't think I picked the right one......

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:59   #32
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
porn

all about porn
Now where's that sexy avatar of the girl getting shagged from behind?

I enjoyed it