User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:03   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
temp jobs

I am currently in my final year of university. I have decided that I don't want a proper job and have decided to attempt to forge a music career. to support myself I will have to work temp jobs, does anyone know of any good websites/agencies which I could use to find temporoary jobs while I pursue this interest?

Ideally, I would like companies that supply jobs in Cardiff.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:05   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: temp jobs

A good idea would be to find out where all the temp agencies in Cardiff are (the Yellow Pages would be good for this) and give them all your CV.

If you're lucky one of them might offer you some work.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:07   #3
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

im into a music career either
good luck
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:09   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

www.manpower.co.uk
www.reed.co.uk
www.search.co.uk
www.pertemps.co.uk

Guaranteed to provide shitty, low paid temp jobs with no prospects.
In his zeal to discover the Snark

Last edited by Kurashima; 14 Feb 2006 at 01:18.
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:16   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

^ slight typo to that one.

manpower is just .co.uk

afaik my dad used manpower awhile back and they got him a pretty decent job and stuffs until he found a "proper" one.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:29   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

our company get loads of agency people from Hayes and Office Angels i think...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 03:35   #7
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Theres always teaaching english in Japan too... Pretty easy work on the whole, good pay, plenty of jobs and all that stuff. Though the initial moving costs can be expensive I hear. Dunno what you mean by a music career... But theres good live music scenes here in the bigger cities. I hear teaching in the english convo schools can be a little soul destroying though.

I'm thinking of doing teaching next year for like 20hrs a week while working on a portofolio to get in a games company
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 11:02   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You need to spend over £2000 on a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course to be able to teach in Japan though, which sucks.

I was considering doing that in a couple of years time.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 12:55   #9
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You need to spend over £2000 on a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course to be able to teach in Japan though, which sucks.

Are you sure? Ive got a few mates over here who do it, and I'm quite sure in a couple of cases they almost certainly have never spent 2 grand on anything in their lives....

Ill ask about if you want, but I'm fairly sure thats not the case, certainly for the eikaiwa schools....
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:06   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You can get contracts with companies which will either pay for the course or seemingly don't care. One of my former housemates was applying for it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:17   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the hitch is that you must also speak japanese?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:18   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I assume the hitch is that you must also speak japanese?
Hell no.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 14:44   #13
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

well there's the Japanese Exchange Teaching program, which you don't need TEFL for, and is a really good opportunity, and there are quite a few schools that do not require you to have it. however be a bit careful about private schools that do not require you to be qualified, since some of them are a real pain in the backside, since they know you are limited, and if they treat you like shit, you either put up with it or go home, since you don't have alot of other options.

Also you rarely need to know Japanese to teach on these programs, though it is useful to ensure that you don't starve, and things like that.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 03:43   #14
Chunderbunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
Also you rarely need to know Japanese to teach on these programs, though it is useful to ensure that you don't starve, and things like that.
Its amazing how far the words 'this please' 'Beer please' 'One please' 'Please do me this favour' and 'can I get your email please?' can get you... Oh yeah, and just agreeing with everything that comes your way (thats what the Japanese seem to do anyway....).

I've met people who've lived here for over ten years who barely speak a word of the language... One guy I met had a high flying executive job in a Tokyo company, and could barely give his name. I'd say I'm in the top 5% of foreigners I meet in speaking Japanese, and I can barely sustain a conversation with a new person for more than a couple of minutes (unless I'm drunk, where I've been told I've talked with people for about an hour in just Japanese... I must just be babbling crap though, I'm sure I only know about 100 words).

It's really not neccesary to speak Japanese, *especially* in the big cities, and especially if your teaching english in an eikaiwa school (where your generally surrounded by people who actually pay to speak english). I hardly need it (although I learn because its cool) and I'm in one of the most rural and exclusory parts of Japan.

In the end, it all depends what you want out of it really though. In any case, you'll come out of the experience being able to speak perfect Japanese-English....
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 03:53   #15
Chunderbunny

Hohohoho which fool thinks I neg repped them :crazyxmas:

And what exactly would my motivation be for neg repping someone here?