User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 09:58   #51
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
\o/ Rookie i doubt the even care "-' '-" theyll just say your making up lies to make them brake up and that we wanna win the round with propaganda ...
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 10:05   #52
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
There is a few things i do not understand from this discussion....

To compare:

The universeback when it was FoS/XeTa verus Furgion was alot bigger then it is today. With a second difference that all or atleast 99% of the planets who are plying now are either semi- or very active, while in those times there were still free planets who also made up a nice part of the universe and there were more ppl playing. In such a universe and with the para and cluster lower eta times a advantage of 3 to 1 gals is alot greater then it was back then. And i won't even mention the time all the blocks have had to prepare for the new round......Which FoS clearly hadn't manage that great in those days, but now all blocks go in well prepared and ready to move from tick 1

That is why Furgion could fight back. How do u expect ppl to fight back if like 50%+ of their gals is receiving incoming. And i am not posting this to whine or anything. As u ppl said vom made the first block, thus we should have seen this coming (But the again, if they hadn't other would have done it, cuz u simply can't expect allies to create gals with only their own members.....that is like a death wish)... But don't throw in arguments about completely different rounds, where it was nothing like it is now.

When u try and enter the discussion pls do it with valid arguments instead of comparing to other rounds which were a completely different story.

I'am not gonna whine over the fact we are loosing. frankly i don't care about it, i never been a great player, and never will be. I am use to getting attacked and roided alot, as i never been that focused on achieving a good result in pa. I just play it for the community and don't care for the state of the universe (although i do admit winning would be nice :P). But i just don't get the ignorant posts that some ppl here make....
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 10:08   #53
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Obviously getting two allies before the round constitutes evil powerblocking, and that can only be met by getting 8 alliances together
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 10:15   #54
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
at the current rate the war will be over in less then 2 weeks
Actually, less then 1 week ... (since protection ended).
We're so brutally out numbered it's pathetic.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 12:05   #55
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powah blocking

Quote:
Originally posted by logbat
Round 9 they called Virus/ldk/titans an powerblock and we took about 7-10 planets and 1-5 gals
This is complete bollocks.

First off I'm going with the assumption you made a typo and meant round 8.

So, you are suggesting to me that Virus, LDK and Titans together could only cover 5 galaxies per night?

During r8 when I still had some military interest I was disappointed that RaH could only cover 6-10 galaxies.

And now you expect me to believe Virus, LDK and Titans together could only cover 5?

Pull the other one.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 12:15   #56
NIN
The Becoming

NIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Keep sending fleets, we'll run out of rocks eventually. I know I am well on my way.

Regardless, my ships will defend wherever they can be most effective at killing the enemy, and I will fight until I have no ships left to defend my members with.

At that time, I will launch sector scan assaults on the top galaxies to light up their news lights and endlessly frustrate them!!123

m00 m00 m00 I say m00 m00 m00
hehe,thats the spirit and moral,that every cow member should have...

Love the sectors scans attacks..

/me remembers,r6,when he got his news always lighty up..by Xeta scanners..u could pass his reflectors...
NIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 13:19   #57
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Powah blocking

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
This is complete bollocks.
Sorry Logbat, but I've got to agree here. We took a multiple of that number every night, just between Titans and LDK.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 13:59   #58
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Powah blocking

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Sorry Logbat, but I've got to agree here. We took a multiple of that number every night, just between Titans and LDK.
well when then you guys must have had another pick channel scouse. but that numbers are maybe misguideing since we had many waves on each target.
i can never remember that the reservelist ever went over a total of 20 planets.(maybe in the end when plush picked with us)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 14:39   #59
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm... why a "I play for my own amusement" comes into my mind? Got this answer from a titan in R7 after he and his gal continued bashing my gal for the 7th time in a row and half of his gal could not even launch against us anymore due to score... (I consider doing this that round - I learned having 'honour' from them in r7)

And... WTF????? War over yet? I was just warming up my laserguns and now everything is yet over? Bleh... never thought vom fights with fluffy pink sticks
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 15:57   #60
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
And... WTF????? War over yet? I was just warming up my laserguns and now everything is yet over? Bleh... never thought vom fights with fluffy pink sticks
War isn't over, just decided.

hAl
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 16:00   #61
Worf_Q
some sort of pe0n

Worf_Q is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst

I wub my fluffy pink stick
Worf_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 19:08   #62
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
and i thought Xanadu had bad PR...

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:02   #63
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Obviously getting two allies before the round constitutes evil powerblocking, and that can only be met by getting 8 alliances together
Obviously you are finding it hard to comprehend how VoM getting together set the stage for this entire round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:02   #64
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Cochese is my god, if everyone in vom can have that spirit then you may still fight back good

(still love you though Rookie )
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:22   #65
Mic339

/me sighs

powerblocks can't live with em and obviously most hypocryts on this forum can't live without em either

MiX
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:40   #66
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Obviously you are finding it hard to comprehend how VoM getting together set the stage for this entire round.
obviously you have a hard time to comprehend that you cant mix an gal with all sorts of alliances as you would be hitting the alliance of your galm8, so that would mean you wouldnt give **** if you had like a member of x in gal x attacking fury in another gal and besides dont give me that crap like we are innocent we had no meaning to get allies and block with who ever. then you got scared you might be outclassed by better players so you went and asked the help of other alliances outside the weet .. then the part NARSWEET where you claim not to be allied well your not 'officialy' allied for me thats like saying you are but just dont wanna admit
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:17   #67
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
They key to bring this round back on track lies in your hands.

It was your actions that brought stagnation upon this round.

You also got the key to make Planetarion a fun game again.
This is the key to why you are full of it.

Maybe if certain vom people can cut the holier than though act. Stop claiming you are saints. Stop claiming you made a good block and others killed the game. Stop claiming they are completely innocent. And stop wiping thier hands of the round.

Everyone is as guilty as everyone else for the blocks, and everyone is as responsible as everyone else for fixing it. YOu cant just cry, give up, and blame someone else. And that is exactly waht many of you are doing. And you expect sympathy for it?

Until you can get off your pedestal, dont expect us to do you any favors.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:13   #68
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Maybe if certain vom people can cut the holier than though act. Stop claiming you are saints. Stop claiming you made a good block and others killed the game.
Obviously VoM created a block before the round. One that isn't particularly big, doesn't contain a bunch of NAP's and shared galaxies with other alliances,and one that left plenty of room for other alliances to choose their sides.

On the other hand, there now is a block containing up to a quarter of the universe, one that has several full alliances, a bunch of NAPs, shared galaxies between all, and one that has easily 3 times the galaxies under it's influence that the other block has. And guess what? It isn't VoM.

VoM may have created a block that was capable of competing in a universal battle, you have created one that is capable of grinding the universe to a halt within a month. You know as well as I do that we lost Round 6 simply based on being outnumbered, and that it took Sid to maneuver FoS to our side on time to at least catch back on. I wonder who will manage to do the same to NaR.

And also, it's "holier than thou"
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:30   #69
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Your r8 arrogance has lead to your demise

'heh'

And the situation isnt too different from Fury vs * in r8 , and I can remember nights when 20-30+ Fury planets were being hit, and I had to help run def for all of em

"Help I need defence!"

"fk off! "

Although with the quality of some of the 'losing' alliances, im not surprised they are giving up. There players are only good when 'winning' due to the political stance (ie r8).

(this isnt a dig a oly either )
________
Find dispensary

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:45.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:51   #70
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
stuff
exactly.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:52   #71
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Kileman
But.. but... I wasn't arrogant in R8 :(((((((((
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:53   #72
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

'heh'

And the situation isnt too different from Fury vs * in r8 , and I can remember nights when 20-30+ Fury planets were being hit, and I had to help run def for all of em
And the r8 downfall of Fury wasnt coused by rounds of arrogance? Im glad to see your all continuing the fine Fury tradition..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:09   #73
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's not true. Round 8 wasn't black and white. We certainly didn't target Fury much at all at the start as we were too busy with FAnG/Adelante. They were also busy with MDK (Not that that took long) and ourselves after that. Only when you accepted the FAnG/Adelante planets did we really start targetting you lot, and at that time we were still 'dealing' with FAnG.

Quote:
Although with the quality of some of the 'losing' alliances, im not surprised they are giving up. There players are only good when 'winning' due to the political stance (ie r8).
Well they arn't all giving up. Just a minority. But I am surprised by the ex Titans guys, in Oly, if they are giving up already. Round 6, 7 and 8 all involved heavy war, and uphill struggles, and they all battled through them wars. But then again it's not the ex Titans guys that I see bitching on the boards, with the exception of Webby, who probably shouldn't have started this round in the first place due to RL.

So basically, your comment about only being good when winning is bullsh*t. A lot of them Oly members have fought equally bad odds before and not even battered an eyelid.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:21   #74
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
So, just wondering, what game will you all be playing when they pull the plug on PA next time

I bet Jolt bought PA to earn some profit on it. What it got was a kindergarden full of cry babies that want it their way no matter the cost. I doubt Planetarion can be said to be a healthy gaming universe that welcomes new players (hehe)...

This round is a lose, lose situation for all the PA players regardless. Wonder what ever happend to the pride alliances had in their skill and experience, these days its all about sheer numbers.

oh and. Im not in either block, Im not moaning about getting hit, I just think its just sad to see the current state of Planetarion....
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:35   #75
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
obviously you have a hard time to comprehend that you cant mix an gal with all sorts of alliances as you would be hitting the alliance of your galm8, so that would mean you wouldnt give **** if you had like a member of x in gal x attacking fury in another gal and besides dont give me that crap like we are innocent we had no meaning to get allies and block with who ever. then you got scared you might be outclassed by better players so you went and asked the help of other alliances outside the weet .. then the part NARSWEET where you claim not to be allied well your not 'officialy' allied for me thats like saying you are but just dont wanna admit
Carry on ranting...

I can't address your first point because I don't entirely understand what it is but I'll make a guess to it being something about mixing a galaxy. Players like to play with friends - oddly enough alot of ex Fury got on with people from RaH and others so I would hardly vote for something to stop them from doing this.

As for Eclipse policy on neutral's within our galaxies that's really none of your business. There are two sides to the coin here - I already stated why I thought "pure" galaxies were bad and unfeasible. I do infact think that if VoM were allowed to win the round would be over totally - in r6 ViruS were at least considering on "jumping" ship to the other side (I will so laugh now as they come here to deny it ) - but I wont go more indept to this its just my take on things. Mixed galaxies have been in the game for ages, the "but they share our galaxies" to create political stagnation was always between allies that wanted to stay together for the most part.

As for being innocent, I don't claim that at all. What I claim is that the round could have been much different than what we have now. The formation of VoM was tried to put off as a "fun block" when in reality it had the possibility of wiping out any opposition - be almost like the ineffective STEL vs them and all in all, the HC involved in VoM's creation were politically niave imo if they really thought the universe would stand by and not build up any opposition to them. It isnt round 3 anymore, people have been under the rule of Fury/Legion and all to well know what it is like when a triad consisting of a large percentage of good players can play mostly unopposed.

All in all your accusations towards me of being scared are unfounded. The word I would use to describe myself on a universe knowledge scale is pessimistic.

As for NARSWEET, what is there for me to deny or confirm?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:41   #76
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Players like to play with friends - oddly enough alot of ex Fury got on with people from RaH
Best excuse for having all the benefits of an alliance with someone without officially allying them I ever heard

"We're not allied to RaH, but as they are our friends and we like to play with them, they're in our galaxies and as such we happen to attack the same galaxies and defend each other, but that's because they're in the same galaxy, not because we have an agreement. Which we don't."

This one actually reminds me of some old Sid tricks
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 01:50   #77
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Best excuse for having all the benefits of an alliance with someone without officially allying them I ever heard

"We're not allied to RaH, but as they are our friends and we like to play with them, they're in our galaxies and as such we happen to attack the same galaxies and defend each other, but that's because they're in the same galaxy, not because we have an agreement. Which we don't."

This one actually reminds me of some old Sid tricks
Oddly enough having a neutral aligned player in a galaxy doesnt automatically make that neutral alliance help everyone within that galaxy or even the links of other alliances from that galaxy.

But you know that, you are just attempting to pick out details to suit your needs.

As for 'old Sid tricks', low blow but its not a 'Sid trick'.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:04   #78
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Oddly enough having a neutral aligned player in a galaxy doesnt automatically make that neutral alliance help everyone within that galaxy or even the links of other alliances from that galaxy.
No, but if individual players help out their galaxies, that does mean the alliance is overall helping out your galaxies. And you know that too
Quote:
As for 'old Sid tricks', low blow but its not a 'Sid trick'.
Actually, that was a compliment. But taking it like an insult says enough I guess
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:10   #79
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
No, but if individual players help out their galaxies, that does mean the alliance is overall helping out your galaxies. And you know that too
And your point is what exactly? This has happened in every round.

Quote:

Actually, that was a compliment. But taking it like an insult says enough I guess
Not taken as an insult, Sid's name was used in vein to try and prove a point. Coming from you I would expect better, but hey - I guess past is past eh Leshy?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:17   #80
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
And your point is what exactly? This has happened in every round.
Yes, but you can't then deny cooperating with those alliances mixed in your galaxies
Quote:
Not taken as an insult
Good
Quote:
Sid's name was used in vein to try and prove a point.
No, I used Sid's name because what you were basically saying sounded a lot like some of the things Sid used to come up with. And he came up with some rather class things
Quote:
I guess past is past eh Leshy?
Aww, don't go pouting now. You knew we'd be on opposite sides this round
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 02:35   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Yes, but you can't then deny cooperating with those alliances mixed in your galaxies
Twist of words there since its a half truth when looking at it from a certain viewpoint. Any neutral alliance having members in your galaxy is "helping you".

Quote:

Good No, I used Sid's name because what you were basically saying sounded a lot like some of the things Sid used to come up with. And he came up with some rather class things
Aww.. I should blush. Never had anyone compare me with Sid before. Perhaps he would be proud

Quote:

Aww, don't go pouting now. You knew we'd be on opposite sides this round
I didnt know until your coords popped up in intel. Regardless, you'll serve your new alliance with loyalty and pride - as you did with Fury.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 03:02   #82
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Leshy, Im quite surprised that youve seemingly learned nothing from being on the other side of the good vs evil issue. But youve chosen to take psuedo ethical propaganda hook, line, and sinker. If you didnt want blocking, you shouldnt have blocked. If the blocks turned out to be terribly uneven, its not because one side is bad, its probably the same reason it happened in rd 5, in an attempt to get things even one side way overshot.

Now I wasnt around when the blocks were formed, but i talked to people from the weet side when it was being done and at no point did they think they were creating an invinciblock.

So, stop pretending that the negative consequences of blocking are only the fault of one block. This kind of thing is BOUND to happen when there are blocks from the start of a round. This could very easily happened the other way around. If you guys didnt want blocks, than you should have said you were going it alone, and then no one would have created a block to counter you. You didnt, so you dont get to run around like innocents.

THis community will never be able to solve problems when members of it continue to irresponsibly cling to the idea that they are the good guys and the others are the bad guys. Go watch an action film and get it out of your system.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 03:23   #83
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
If you didnt want blocking, you shouldnt have blocked.
Well, I personally had nothing to do with the blocking, so I can't really comment on why the choice was made to create a block. But I do know that the intention was for several similar-sized blocks to wage war, not to have one which outnumbers the other 3 to 1.
Quote:
in an attempt to get things even one side way overshot.
So SWEET and NaR mixed their galaxies just to be able to cope with VoM, accidentally overshooting the mark to current proportions? That excuse would work if the HC from your alliances were either incompetent or new to PA.
Quote:
If you guys didnt want blocks, than you should have said you were going it alone
Apparently we did want to have blocks, but then several ones of equal size, instead of the currently highly uneven situation. And while we may have formed a block, you're the ones that took it to whole new levels. At least we tried to keep it reasonable.

The ball therefore lies in your court. Do you want to keep it in play, or are you going to wait it out until any possible opposition is gone, and then go to war with the alliances in your own block that you can take out, in order to 'keep the game interesting for your members'?
Quote:
This community will never be able to solve problems when members of it continue to irresponsibly cling to the idea that they are the good guys and the others are the bad guys.
Oddly enough, your posts keep saying that we are the bad guys for starting the blocking, and that you are merely the good guys trying to oppose us (by creating a block at least 3 times the size of ours).
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 04:03   #84
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

Leshy cleared it up a bit with the gal mixing. ill clear somethings more up

---------
Quote:
originaly posted by zh|l
"I can't address your first point because I don't entirely understand what it is but I'll make a guess to it being something about mixing a galaxy. Players like to play with friends - oddly enough alot of ex Fury got on with people from RaH and others so I would hardly vote for something to stop them from doing this."

well i ment eclipse (eclipse <-> fury whats the diff) same pr same old tricks .. if you have like say 6 from weet and 4 random neutral and all from the same alliance in every gal then your kinda like napped/allied with eachother thus meaning that unless you entirely disrespect another alliance and your galm8s alliance you will attack them no matter what but that wouldnt be smart, the gals you control with weet and less nar for example will have to allign mostly with you(weet) so that means confirmed or not youre actualy allying ... i saw a few posts by eclipse with the old fury story.

Quote:
originaly posted by zh|l
"As for Eclipse policy on neutral's within our galaxies that's really none of your business. There are two sides to the coin here - I already stated why I thought "pure" galaxies were bad and unfeasible. I do infact think that if VoM were allowed to win the round would be over totally - in r6 ViruS were at least considering on "jumping" ship to the other side (I will so laugh now as they come here to deny it ) - but I wont go more indept to this its just my take on things. Mixed galaxies have been in the game for ages, the "but they share our galaxies" to create political stagnation was always between allies that wanted to stay together for the most part."

well i always considered weet vs vom fairly competitive, and bout your galaxy policy true and i can care less actualy but you and others proclaim its all vom side to blame coz they chose 3 allies they wanted to work with as in gals thats a big difference of what you/weet are doing and allying up with 5 other alliances, if vom wouldve done that from start it wouldve gotten so boring and team up with half the uni well i guess you can calc the outcome of this same impact as now not that it matters tho weets choice i just say some are kinda hypocrite bout this subject

Quote:
originaly posted by zh|l
"the HC involved in VoM's creation were politically niave imo if they really thought the universe would stand by and not build up any opposition to them. It isnt round 3 anymore, people have been under the rule of Fury/Legion and all to well know what it is like when a triad consisting of a large percentage of good players can play mostly unopposed."

maby they were naive but they never denied they made the triad which would have a good force idd and still has, and it isnt the fury/legion and all block this round so you cant entirely compare these weet has almost if not as much as vom good players.

Quote:
originaly posted by zh|l
"All in all your accusations towards me of being scared are unfounded. The word I would use to describe myself on a universe knowledge scale is pessimistic."

well i didnt ment that entirely directed on you as person but weet so no offence ment here. what i do think and why i think this is caused by a few posts in the past few threads here on ad that its like ow well you got 3 allies that share gals so we should go for total domination thats in my view a bit 'chicken' i think you/weet couldve handled vom just fine alone and had no need to get half the uni on your side.

Quote:
originaly posted by zh|l
"As for NARSWEET, what is there for me to deny or confirm?"
nothing ...

Last edited by §pa¢e¢ook¦e; 20 Mar 2003 at 04:17.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:04   #85
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Well, I personally had nothing to do with the blocking, so I can't really comment on why the choice was made to create a block. But I do know that the intention was for several similar-sized blocks to wage war, not to have one which outnumbers the other 3 to 1.
So SWEET and NaR mixed their galaxies just to be able to cope with VoM, accidentally overshooting the mark to current proportions? That excuse would work if the HC from your alliances were either incompetent or new to PA.
Apparently we did want to have blocks, but then several ones of equal size, instead of the currently highly uneven situation. And while we may have formed a block, you're the ones that took it to whole new levels. At least we tried to keep it reasonable.

The ball therefore lies in your court. Do you want to keep it in play, or are you going to wait it out until any possible opposition is gone, and then go to war with the alliances in your own block that you can take out, in order to 'keep the game interesting for your members'?
Oddly enough, your posts keep saying that we are the bad guys for starting the blocking, and that you are merely the good guys trying to oppose us (by creating a block at least 3 times the size of ours).
Here is your big problem, you imply that the motivations were different for different sides. Which is terribly foolish of you. You sat through how many rounds of the same bs being lobbed at Fury unfairly and now you lob it at someone. EVERYONE is in this game for the same reason. To play a game. If everyone could have signed up for the 3 even blocks at war with each other garunteed, im sure they all would have taken it. But unfortanately things arent that simple. something you seem to not want to aknowledge

As far as galaxy mixing, just because vom foolishly chose to put themselves at a disadvantage doesnt mean that ther others were evil to not do so. As far as the disadvantage, since no major block had ever done something like that, no one could possibly have guessed exactly how much of an effect it would have had, so demanding that anyone have guessed what it would do is silly. If anything it just added to the vast uncertainty that resulted in what we see now.

"We wanted blocks, but we wanted reasonable blocks"

thats about as valid as saying

"I just wanted to start a small campfire, i didnt want the forest to burn down, so its not my fault"

No one wants stagnation Leshy, and if you think thats not the case then youve got an unfortunate look on things.

I am not saying anyone is the bad guys in my posts. Im not sure if your reading is an issue of if your bias is just clouding your comprehension.

I am saying merely this. Having predetermined blocks before the round started is everyones fault who blocked not just those who did it first, not just those who did it last. Its all of our faults, and thus it is all of our responsibilities. By just wiping your hands of the situation you look like children. And we are not going to accept your unfair blame. and thus no solution will come.

So when vom is mature enough to accept responsibility as members of this community and as contributers to the state of affairs than perhaps we can get down to fixing it, but what you are doing now is counterproductive to say the least. Villifying others is actually a really good way to not change the blocks.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:08   #86
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
And the r8 downfall of Fury wasnt coused by rounds of arrogance? Im glad to see your all continuing the fine Fury tradition..
No the downfall of Fury in R8 was caused by Fury standing alone. Whereas all the other alliances said they were standing alone, yet all made arrangements behind there backs and then continued to deny it.
________
Ford Cortina

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:45.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:26   #87
Kileman
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
That's not true. Round 8 wasn't black and white. We certainly didn't target Fury much at all at the start as we were too busy with FAnG/Adelante. They were also busy with MDK (Not that that took long) and ourselves after that. Only when you accepted the FAnG/Adelante planets did we really start targetting you lot, and at that time we were still 'dealing' with FAnG.

Well they arn't all giving up. Just a minority. But I am surprised by the ex Titans guys, in Oly, if they are giving up already. Round 6, 7 and 8 all involved heavy war, and uphill struggles, and they all battled through them wars. But then again it's not the ex Titans guys that I see bitching on the boards, with the exception of Webby, who probably shouldn't have started this round in the first place due to RL.

So basically, your comment about only being good when winning is bullsh*t. A lot of them Oly members have fought equally bad odds before and not even battered an eyelid.
R8 Fury was being targeted heavily by Adelante (and Virus/LDK etc) from a very early stage. I personally was attacked from the first week on for a month or so daily... If anything, the joining of the Fang/Adelante to Furys side in actual fact helped the incomings drop off (we had a good first week or so) but then the huge exponential growth set in from the LDK/Tit top players which made it basically impossible to stop attacks, despite our 'coalition'.

I wasnt talking about OLY being unable to achieve when losing, I was refering to the 'other' part of Vom.
________
Mflb

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:46.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:54   #88
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
hehe, dont you guys get sick and tired of going over the same argument over and over again? Man I would. I cant stand when people repeat the same thing over and over again. I think the funniest part of all these replies is that nobody is willing to admit that the other side is telling some truth. I think if we did that then things would look a bit better.

Truth, you ask...thats right. Now which truth do I mean...well...

My side is whinning (Thats VVOMM to the ones that dont know what side I am on). Yes I admit it, and I am disagree with some of the things they are stating. Also the fact that some people are throwing in the towel so to speak is also wrong.

Another truth...yes the war is pretty muchover. I and others like me will continue to fight coz thats what the game is about. I will not let my friends and alliance mates and allies down, untill news scans come out and the enemy can catch my fleet at home.

With respect to VOM being naive in terms of setting up the block, I agree, they should have seen this coming. IMO they should have never allied to Vision and Ministry. That was a mistake but whats done is done. And we cant really blame WEETNAR for doing what they are doing. Oh well....

So thats what I am willing to admit to. There is more but lets leave it at that.

Now for the other side.... Man you guys ... WEETNAR has us outnumbered. The exact numbers I am not sure of and wont guess at, but I would have to say its in the range of 2.4-3.5: 1. If you guys cant admit that you have us outnumbered significantly then I ....well whatever.

I am not sure where I am going with this. I had this whole blab I was going to post but now I reazlie its pointless since nobody is willing to conceed anything since everyone is classifying everything as 'propoganda'. So I will safe WEETNAR the trouble and tell everyone that has managed to read tto this point that everything I haev stated is a lie and that I am teh VVOMM propoganda machine out to get you. I am evil incarnated and I eat babies for breakfast. Hows that?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:56   #89
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
...stop pretending that the negative consequences of blocking are only the fault of one block. This kind of thing is BOUND to happen when there are blocks from the start of a round. This could very easily happened the other way around. If you guys didnt want blocks, than you should have said you were going it alone, and then no one would have created a block to counter you. You didnt, so you dont get to run around like innocents.

THis community will never be able to solve problems when members of it continue to irresponsibly cling to the idea that they are the good guys and the others are the bad guys. Go watch an action film and get it out of your system.
What you are saying is just lame propaganda. We never said we were a block of good knights that would save the universe. But what we did, that you failed, was to set a limit on our size.

We did that i the best intrest of Planetarion and ourself, as both our members and the community will benefit from a good fight.

TYhe diffrence in the creation of VOM and NARWEET is the sheer size and abillity of dominating the game by the logic of gravity.

This is no longer a game of the full range of level on players. Most are highly skilled and very dedicated. Forming blocks of the size and military weight like you did, is bound to create stagnation and the utter wiping of the other side.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 06:44   #90
K-W
Bored

Quote:
What you are saying is just lame propaganda. We never said we were a block of good knights that would save the universe. But what we did, that you failed, was to set a limit on our size.

We did that i the best intrest of Planetarion and ourself, as both our members and the community will benefit from a good fight.

TYhe diffrence in the creation of VOM and NARWEET is the sheer size and abillity of dominating the game by the logic of gravity.

This is no longer a game of the full range of level on players. Most are highly skilled and very dedicated. Forming blocks of the size and military weight like you did, is bound to create stagnation and the utter wiping of the other side.
You could try to at least not contradict yourself in the same post.

When will you get it through your silly head that no one is trying to ruin the game.

BTW, since when Is NARWEET one block. As I have stated before when you fools can stop whining, stop lying, stop turning what may be a pa crisis into manipulitive propaganda tool, stop trying to dodge reponsibility, and just in general cut the bs, then maybe we can talk about a resolution.

NAR and WEET are not the same block. Just as Fos and Xeta were not the same block in rd 6. When you have 3 blocks, I cant really imagine a scenario where it doesnt turn into 2 v 1 to at least some extent. Now if NAR and WEET stay together the entire round, then you are right. But if there is some sort of split and a new war, you were wrong, and you are just whining because you got hit. And i dont think anyone is going to pity you for gettitng hit.

You have created this fiction that NARWEET formed this block to try and dominate the round. Fact paints things a little less black and white, but, not surprisingly more realistic. Weve got an unbalanced war, it happens, take your beating and deal with it. Until it actually happens that there is a solid unstopping block, youve got no leg to stand on.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:32   #91
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
We're getting "punished" for being "naughty" by forming a "block" and "starting ****".

The "universe" is "against us" because we "****ed up" and "ruined the round" by "making a powerblock".

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:55   #92
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
well i ment eclipse (eclipse <-> fury whats the diff) same pr same old tricks .. if you have like say 6 from weet and 4 random neutral and all from the same alliance in every gal then your kinda like napped/allied with eachother thus meaning that unless you entirely disrespect another alliance and your galm8s alliance you will attack them no matter what but that wouldnt be smart, the gals you control with weet and less nar for example will have to allign mostly with you(weet) so that means confirmed or not youre actualy allying ... i saw a few posts by eclipse with the old fury story.
Your political knowledge here astounds me. I'll let you carry on thinking Eclipse is a new Fury, since that really seems to be VoM's hope doesnt it?

Quote:

well i always considered weet vs vom fairly competitive, and bout your galaxy policy true and i can care less actualy but you and others proclaim its all vom side to blame coz they chose 3 allies they wanted to work with as in gals thats a big difference of what you/weet are doing and allying up with 5 other alliances, if vom wouldve done that from start it wouldve gotten so boring and team up with half the uni well i guess you can calc the outcome of this same impact as now not that it matters tho weets choice i just say some are kinda hypocrite bout this subject
"Not doing it" and "unable to do it" are two different things. Not trying to speak for NaR, but if I had been a NaR HC I would have sided with WEET also (bias aside) just plainly due to VoM's arrogance and hostility directed towards us (us as in NaR, again flowing the makebelieve of me being a NaR HC) from before the round even began. It was quite obvious that VoM considered NaR hostile whilst WEET did not.

Quote:

maby they were naive but they never denied they made the triad which would have a good force idd and still has, and it isnt the fury/legion and all block this round so you cant entirely compare these weet has almost if not as much as vom good players.
No, VoM tried to pass it off as harmless block that really didnt want to dominate the round. Honest guv.

Quote:

well i didnt ment that entirely directed on you as person but weet so no offence ment here. what i do think and why i think this is caused by a few posts in the past few threads here on ad that its like ow well you got 3 allies that share gals so we should go for total domination thats in my view a bit 'chicken' i think you/weet couldve handled vom just fine alone and had no need to get half the uni on your side.
Unlike VoM I am not politically niave.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 07:58   #93
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
what a pointless argument, end of the day most pa players don't care less about stagnation until they run out of easy targets. The level of propaganda from both sides would shame a south american dictatorship for being poorly thought out and just endless repeating of the same points over and over again.

Not many people on the non-vom side is going to class vom as hounourable for only having their members in their gals. Not many on vom side are going to believe its their fault for forming first block. Whats the point of these endless arguments which go nowhere.

Bring back the days people actually thought about what they would write and not repeat endless drivel.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 08:17   #94
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
We're getting "punished" for being "naughty" by forming a "block" and "starting ****".

The "universe" is "against us" because we "****ed up" and "ruined the round" by "making a powerblock".

No, you just ****ed up.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 10:19   #95
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
...Now if NAR and WEET stay together the entire round, then you are right. But if there is some sort of split and a new war, you were wrong, and you are just whining because you got hit. And i dont think anyone is going to pity you for gettitng hit.
It was too big - too fast - in a waaay too small universe.

You are avoiding my questions and lean on personal insults instead.

We knew NAR would join WEET if we got too strong and were happy about that, point is that you didnt wait out for us too get anywhere, before you set the path of the round in stone.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 10:20   #96
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
No, you just ****ed up.
Throw in a argument next time...

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 10:29   #97
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Your political knowledge here astounds me.
<- keep that thought

Quote:
"Not doing it" and "unable to do it" are two different things. Not trying to speak for NaR, but if I had been a NaR HC I would have sided with WEET also (bias aside) just plainly due to VoM's arrogance and hostility directed towards us (us as in NaR, again flowing the makebelieve of me being a NaR HC) from before the round even began. It was quite obvious that VoM considered NaR hostile whilst WEET did not.
We instructed our members and talked this over in joint HC meetings many times.

We knew we would have ore than enuff with WEET and agreed and instructed members to leave NAR alone and never targeted them, but always tried to target WEET.

I could use the same words you chose in ur last post: "Your political knowledge here astounds me"

You prolly used this argument to make NAR fight your war, but I hardly think it was in NAR´s intrest to join you.

Quote:
No, VoM tried to pass it off as harmless block that really didnt want to dominate the round. Honest guv.

Unlike VoM I am not politically niave.
We wanted to win the war, but as I stated earlier, we knew NAR would side with WEET if we got too strong. We were happy with that.

You are trying to give us opinions and set us in a bad light while WEET are those that have used the most dominant strategies this round.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 10:34   #98
K-W
Bored

Quote:
It was too big - too fast - in a waaay too small universe.

You are avoiding my questions and lean on personal insults instead.

We knew NAR would join WEET if we got too strong and were happy about that, point is that you didnt wait out for us too get anywhere, before you set the path of the round in stone.
WHO SET ANYTHING IN STONE

for goodness sake. There are 3 blocks, right now its 2 v 1

You are assuming that the 2 are going to stay together the whole round. Why are you assuming that? Is there any reason to assume that... NO

The only thing you could possibly be complaining about right now is that your getting ganged up on. My response to that is, tough cookies. you wont be the first block to get ganged up on and you wont be the last.

So unless youd like to either prove that Nar and Weet are going to stay together forever, or that we should care that vom is gonna take a beating, pls stop whining.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 10:51   #99
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

for goodness sake. There are 3 blocks, right now its 2 v 1

You are assuming that the 2 are going to stay together the whole round. Why are you assuming that? Is there any reason to assume that... NO
Ofc you wont stay together, but with VOM out of the way, NARWEET will go to war on eachother soon. My obeservation is that this war wont last the round and we will have a clear winner at a much earlier stage than what is "public intrest".

Possible scenario 1:

WEET starts attacking NAR and we end up with WEET domination pretty fast. (1 - 2 weeks from now)

WE chops off Eclipse/ToT or the other way around and u got the winner of one of those. (4 weeks from now)

Possible scenario 2:

Eclipse/ToT/RaH go to war with NoS/Ely/WP/Auld. A more equal battle, but I dont expect fight to last the round out anyway and not much possibillities for a third war. (1 - 2 weeks from now)

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 11:03   #100
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
So unless youd like to either prove that Nar and Weet are going to stay together forever, or that we should care that vom is gonna take a beating, pls stop whining.
we are not whining but u shouldnt be to proud by outnumbering us by 3x and still not taking us down too much

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote