User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 May 2007, 20:26   #101
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Internet forums

Hand over your sister asap.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:50   #102
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sorry Allfather but are you just trolling GD? Or was that a reference to theamions sister? (If he has one, I thought it was KoeN with sisters?)
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:37   #103
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

What pig wrote triggered an idea in my head. I think we need to know who of the board members who have sisters and then we need pics of them.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:50   #104
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Dace still working in a phonestore selling w800i's to Britney Spears & Jordan?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:55   #105
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Dace still working in a phonestore selling w800i's to Britney Spears & Jordan?
That's Blastoderm, and yes.
Unread 24 May 2007, 22:15   #106
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I have a sister, although she isn't with us
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2007, 00:59   #107
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
uh huh. Remind me, where in the forum rules is 'fagging up a thread' defined or even listed as a bannable offense? Clause one only deals with actions to threads, not actions to users.

amusingly enough if you do ban people for it you'd have to ban yourself along with others for what was done to tomkats thread to avoid hypocracy
You are probably the most sinfully uninteresting person in the history of the existence of intelligent beings. Avoid posting.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 25 May 2007 at 01:27.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2007, 01:26   #108
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
hypocracy
The word of the day is now "hypocrisy"!

Last edited by Leshy; 25 May 2007 at 02:12.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2007, 01:33   #109
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You are probably the most sinfully uninteresting person in the history of the existence of intelligent beings. Avoid posting.
thats not in the rules either...
Unread 25 May 2007, 02:00   #110
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I thought it was more that dace took the thread, added some humour and ran with it, not for the reaction tsm had
Dace's jokes in that thread were funny, but nowhere near clownshoe standard, the reaction, though, was.

Also, stop being a moron and trying to troll a mod.
Unread 25 May 2007, 02:21   #111
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Also, stop being a moron and trying to troll a mod.
oh kila, theres so much you still have to learn.
Im not trying to troll JBG, simply to point out the flaws in his not-terribly-serious-threat to ban people
Unread 25 May 2007, 02:42   #112
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Kids.

The lot of you.

Arguing on the internet.

Do grow up.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2007, 09:12   #113
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

why dont you try urban75?

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/

its not as good as it used to be, but where is?
Unread 26 May 2007, 01:58   #114
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
oh kila, theres so much you still have to learn.
edit: by the fact that phil posted this and tested by the fact that i quoted it we have proven that there is no god of irony.

unless of course phil is sat near a computer with an imploded head

perhaps because of the weight of aryns inhuman thighs ...
Unread 26 May 2007, 06:09   #115
dda-II

dda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud of

I will tell you some of the reasons I haven't posted as much lately.

1. I have been very busy at work and, because of the time difference, the best time for me to post was while at work.

2. As you may note from the dda-II name, I am still having problems from time to time getting the forum to recognize my computer. This is annoying.

3. By the time I got to the end of this thread and was ready to post the board had, for some inexplicable reason, decided to, once again forget who I was and made me log in yet again.
dda-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2007, 00:38   #116
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
perhaps because of the weight of aryns inhuman thighs ...
Cold.

You've probably hit the sensitive spot there dude.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2007, 01:19   #117
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Phil's "sensitive spot" is huge, he tends to throw his dummy out of the pram really easily.
Unread 27 May 2007, 07:45   #118
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Secondly i felt that as my stories basically revolved around constant failure they might have some kind of reinforcing behavioural effect (i.e. i'd **** things up just for the amusement of having a good story).
Has your life improved since you stopped?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2007, 08:30   #119
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
He hooked up with a fat girl. I guess it depends how you define "improve".
Unread 27 May 2007, 10:01   #120
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
why dont you try urban75?

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/

its not as good as it used to be, but where is?
I post there and think it's better than it used to be, although it's still appalling bad ofc.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 20:42   #121
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
In fairness, I think I've tried to post quite objectively in this thread - mainly because I still like GD and don't want to alienate myself by arguing with everyone.

Try being more careful when you say "You've all rabbled together"
I wouldn't want you on my side in a game of British Bulldog. But then, who would
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 17:33   #122
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Internet forums

I only decided to post this because it seems like a reasonably important issue and one which keeps popping up and which people can't get over for some reason. It just really pains me to see people at each other's throats for no reason.

First, people need to tolerate each other a lot more. Actually, that's not true. They need to understand each other first. I was here for donkey's years (often as a mod, which did not, in the day, particularly lend itself to 'getting on' with people) and I was on friendly terms with plenty of people who mutually loathed each other, for reasons which I never really understood. I've never really had a grudge against anyone on here or invested the amount of bile which some people seem to sling at each other. It's silly.

My life is just too irregular at the moment to be able to post on either board, (Don't want to bore you with the details, but I have enough trouble just supporting myself, two years after leaving uni I still don't have a job, I was pretty much hooked on coke for a while, I have to look after my dad who is disabled etc.), but if I did, I wouldn't regularly post on either forum anymore. My life has just moved on from this. I don't mean that in a condescending way - quite the opposite. This community was an important part of my life for many years and I still very much appreciate the time I spent here. But I just don't feel the same attachment that I once did. There are more important things for me now, probably the same for many people, I expect. None of you live around here either, which doesn't really help in keeping my 'connected', I expect.

I was pretty foolish myself about a lot of this for a while, and I still think that PB was kind of childish in it's inception - there seemed to be quite a bit of 'getting on over' on certain people on GD which I couldn't really understand. But I don't hold that against people who use PB because it seems to work for them, and the same for people who use GD. I used to feel that PB was too 'low-brow' and that GD had become too 'high-brow', but that is really a symptom of there not being enough users in both to sustain a lot of variety. People just have to stop considering themselves 'PB' or 'GD' and get back some of that old community spirit which was so invigourating back in 'the day'. People should feel free to post on one board or the other without being dragged into defending that. They should, ideally, post on both, but obviously that can't happen in many cases.

Anyway, that is what I have to say. Take it or leave it. I had written a slightly better, more coherent reply earlier, but my browser torched that one. Oh well. I just hope you can resolve this and that people don't stop talking to each other over it. Stop the player hating. Anyway. All my love to all of you. xxxxx

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 1 Jun 2007 at 18:24.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 04:08   #123
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't post that much because i have things to do, and quite frankly im glad for a more sedate pace, i certainly don't want SA type dull repetitive activity*. I much much prefer the occasional very interesting post. Every forum of this kind on the internet is 'dying' and its fairly obvious why - alternatives. In the late 90s early noughties vbulletin type places attached to game/car/fashion sites was the place people went and the internet exploded in discussion (they were communities). The number of people on the internet hasn't decreased (quite the opposite) its just that now people go to myspace/bebo/orkut/hi5 literally inumerable other 'community websites' that have sprung up, i mean jesus christ had anyone heard of last.fm (i ****ing hadn't) and apparently its worth a £140 million?!? The pace of change is so rapid i don't know where to click what to get when. Two years ago livejournal was 'the thing' and everyone was opening one up, then everyone started a ****ing blog, the myspace et al STDs erupted via teen whores now everyones either starting a youtube type site or loggin on to one, is dailymotion the new thing or is it livevideo or revver or are you meant to watch live on stickam, the porns at youporn i think.

Basically these types of forums are becoming like ye olde usenet places. Theres as much of a revolution occuring now as there was then but i just can't be arsed to take part becuase

a)i hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE signing up to anything
b)teenage whores have nothing to say
c)far too many sites
d)its a bubble so **** it

d is the most interesting, considering the fickle nature of the internet how the **** can anyone pay money to fund/buy these sites??? the last.fm people will leave that site in the blink of an eye when they get bored and all they'll be left with is people mumbling 'what happened'

*what i consider to be
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:10   #124
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
i mean jesus christ had anyone heard of last.fm (i ****ing hadn't)
There's a GD group there...so yeah. Skiddy posted a link to AudioSproggler (which is the same company/thing) well over a year ago and quite a few people here signed up. It's also based on quite a simple but clever idea, and Last.fm (unlike MySpace, or Facebook) doesn't really rely on you doing anything to keep increasing their "value".

While the valuation of these companies always seem dodgy, they're just high risk investments. There's probably someone who lent the MySpace people a $1m at some point, and we'd all laugh at their idiocy. But then Rupert Murdoch bought the site for $500m (!) and anyone who got in on Day 1 is looking pretty shrewd. I heard Facebook at one point was holding out for $2bn which most people laughed at. But then someone pointed out that if you consider that they had comparatively good marketing data on ten million American college students (i.e. the future high earners) on a range of things, $2bn looks kind of paltry.

Whether these sites are worth these sums is debatable, but I can understand why people invest. Something like Facebook, if done properly (and if reaching a critical mass) could have huge marketing potential and arguably could go even further in providing a service indirectly or directly.

To take one simple example - let's look at employment agencies. I'm not sure what the combined market value of Reed, Adecco, Kellys, Office Angels, etc is but it must be pretty vast if you consider the number of branches, and what each branch must have to make, the rates charged for each temp/perm appointment and so on. Certainly at the low end of the market (for studenty type jobs) they provide very little else but a slight CV tailoring service, and then an introduction. We're recruiting a temp at present, we speak to the usual suspects, they forward on some CV's (some entirely inappropriate) - we pick one, hire the person for four months, and the agency makes however much (probably £2k or so) for what...forwarding on a CV? Processing some payrolls?

I mention this because a "networking" site done properly could easily replace large swathes of the employment agency market without much technical innovation. And then you can move your attention to estate agents, which in London at least seem to have offices every 10 feet.

The point is that these businesses in the "old economy" (sigh) made (or are still making) huge sums of money for doing very little. The internet will change them all drastically, but the thing that's stopped them being washed away much quicker is the issue of reputation / quality control / etc. Once a web site (of whatever model, doesn't need to involve networking at all) "solves" that problem - in the eyes of the wider public audience - they will make insane amounts of money. The profitability will decline in time of course, but people in on the ground floor of whatever venture it is will look pretty shrewd.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 23:32   #125
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Mer would tell me off if she knew I posting on here...

I usually read GBS and SH/SC and sometimes a couple of the more interesting sub-forums over at SA. The SA forums are pretty cool, and you shouldn't get put off from the sheer size of them, or the fact that it's full of elitist faggots.

What's that? An internet forum full of elitist faggots? Surely not!

I think I can count on two hands the number of times I've posted on GD in the last year, and I haven't read as much as I used to between 2000 to 2005. I'm not sure what to put that down to, although I think that what Yahwe said earlier in this thread about all the old regular's all having job's now is quite true. Although in my line of work I can read/post on internet forums all day long (before any funny jokes, I'm a software developer these days).

As well as that, the old regulars are all, well, older. I started posting on here when I was 20, and I'm now 27 and a lot different now to how I was back then. Some of them will have naturally grown out of it, or for some other reason can't post any more. There are still quite a few of the old regulars around though, so it doesn't seem that different a place.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 00:51   #126
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Mer would tell me off if she knew I posting on here...
which is odd given that of those she knew few remain and those that do are those who got on well with her.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:17   #127
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I'm "developing", probably for the better, as a person so ... *shrug* I'm sure it's all helping me become a better drone for the future (which is kinda the plan). And yes Nod, Dace circa 2000-2004 probably hates me.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:19   #128
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
I think I can count on two hands the number of times I've posted on GD in the last year

I hear Belgy's so fat that his fingers have merged together and he just has flippers now meaning, in effect, he's only posted twice.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 17:36   #129
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I'm "developing"
Like a "developing country"?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 21:55   #130
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I still read GD every now and then, and my attempts at posting in other forums has failed. SA became too big, the mainstream ones (to discuss politics) are too racist /full of crap and small forums for specific interests are too narrow.

But yahwe is onto something. I got no time to sit around writing long posts (or short ones) anymore, as there is little revising to do. Work takes up a lot of time, and the few hours I got to myself is mostly spent socializing, a thing I could do before all the time (when I went to school or did nothing). Infact, I'm supposed to be revising for a exam now.

In my opinion, this is still one of the better (if not best) forums. The reason is the difference in posters opinions, thoughts and backgrounds (even if we're mostly european middle class) while not being shit. That's something rare on the internett (or in life, for that matter)

Edit: I just realized that not posting often has destroyed my English. I always got top marks in written English, and I think this forum is part of the reason.

Last edited by Snurx; 4 Jun 2007 at 22:35.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote