User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:34   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Two exile systems

Given up trying to help.

Last edited by Forest; 7 Oct 2005 at 16:54.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:38   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Two exile systems

its highly abusable at the start of the round where in essence you would get free exile into galaxie sthta arn't that different from the other galaxies.

as the round gets later chances are that a lot of the small by score galaxies will match up with the small by number of planets galaxies as happened this round (granted there are still some good galaxies with low player counts) - so the free exile becomes a way to avoid paying to exile.

there is also the possibility that becuase its a free exile people will mass exile - knowing there is a really really low scored gal; that if they exile enough they will all get into without removing it form the bottom 5-10% - so the possibility for forming a good private galaxy for free exists.

also we alrleady have a lot of coding work left to do in a veyr short period of time and Kloopy has limited contracted hours.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:40   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

As stated in my thread, a small bit of code meaning only a couple of free exiles at a time per gal would remove that abuse.

And Kloopy can find time if we agree the idea.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:46   #4
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And Kloopy can find time if we agree the idea.
Comments like this put me off putting my time into features people particularly want. In this case, whether of not you agree the idea it isn't likely that I can find time, actually. But thank you for the assumption none the less.

Kloopy
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:46   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

in order to remove all the potential abuses moe than a couple of lines of code would be needed.

and for a variety of reasons we don't want to be intriducing this sort of cde change this late in the day.

The galaxy system has been discussed for a long time and we finally came down on one system - there simply isn;t enough time to look into all the possible consequences of this, design all the needed safe gaurds and implement it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:51   #6
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Agreed. There are plenty of ways this could be abused. Even if the people who were to help out the smaller gals don't intend on abusing it, anyone else could. For now this has to be put on the back burner.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 16:57   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Ok, This needs to be rushed through if its gonna work for R15, so need you guys need to discuss it lots now!

I am proposing 2 exile sysytems. Both will run at the same time, so when exiling, people get a choice of which exile to use.

Exile 1) Exactly as it is now, paid etc etc.

Exile 2) This exile would be free. It will place you into the bottom 5/10%? of galaxies by score. It would need to be made quite clear that the free exile places you into a bad galaxy.

How will this help?

Good players, for instance me, could decide they cant play actively enough for a big galaxy, or just wnat to offer something back. I dont want to be in a big galaxy, I want to join a tiny one, help active people, get irc sorted, a dceent def policy running, and players into alliances. Then I can move onto the next one.
In addition, we could see top players who have been totally twatted out of the game, decide to join these bottom galaxies, and help the smaller guys out.
We WILL also see certain alliances use a 'recruitment player'. A chosen player to search the smaller galaxies, looking for active players worth recruiting.

All this will help keep players interested, and keep the member base running.

We would need to add something proberly, so ppl can only exile free once every 72 hours, and alos, something only allowing 2 or 3 free exiles into a gal at any one time, so as to avoid people using free exiles abusively.

Discuss...
Quoted for posterity*.

*Hilarity.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:47   #8
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually dont think the idea is all that bad. But totally understand it has to be abuse-proof so make it round 20 or so:P
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote