User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2006, 02:45   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
multi level game

I'd like to see the game develop in a multi level play.
Cov-ops are one step in this directions(though I hate them), there could be others:

- think of all the unexplored space between C16 and C200, there must be something out there. Roids for sure, maybe special ones... There could be an extra branch in the tech tree 'deep space exploration' allowing to boost existing research: deep space scans, deep space amps, deep space pods...

- treaties between gals could be signed: trading would give a x% extra income to the gal fund, defense would give a -1 eta (not cumulative with ally).

- quests should be reintroduced

in fact anything that could allow a player to enjoy the game even if he's not fighting for top100.
Unread 19 May 2006, 03:58   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: multi level game

Treaties are an interesting idea - i am not sure as to how to expand upon it though :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 19:54   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Treaties have been suggested before. But no one has come up with a good way to impliment them (at least that I've seen) that doesn't leave significant room for abuse. Quests have also been suggested, but so far no one has organized the effort to actually get them done. As for the "unknown" galaxies, it might be interesting to populate them with some small bot planets that small and new players could raid to gain roids and XP. Might make the game more interesting for the small/new players.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 17:02   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I am extremly entertained by this idea.
Having "special" random planets outside of populated clusters brings out COMPLETLY different game style, bringing RPG elements into it. If, currently, game is more or less, a variation of RISK, i would like it to be more like "HoMM" series, your planet being your home base, and your fleet being what you actually map out. It shouldnt be hard to find some old bots to run planets half way efficient, (MAYBE even make a random attack from a bot planet.)

Eventually that could turn from player vs player type of game, to Admin ran events, that could very in range dificulty from small annoyance (and less) to the huge threat to every planet in civilized universe when every one of top 5 alliances has to work together, set aside their differences, and unite in order to simply survive.

The rewards from those evens also will vary upon dificulty, ranging from small score/XP boosts to unique alliance features opened (like ability to open a hypergate to any galaxy that would, lets say, result in additional -1 ETA on defence). And, ofc, it will not be easy to get. Probably will take a week for 2 alliances to get it, and make it so only 2 or 3 spawn per round. Also the ownership of such could be transfered, willingly, or forcefully, making alliance politics even more intence.
Really, by putting stuff outside populated universe possibilities become countless and only are limited by coding capability of creators and imagination.

I hope something like this will see the light of day some time during my lifetime =) would be helluva fun
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote