User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Aug 2006, 11:55   #1
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough
co-op ticker

I'm not a fan of the co-ops but this thought poped into my mind so i thought i'd share it.
There seems to be no real reward for sucsessfully landing a co-op except maybe a few giggles because you managed to destroy a couple of ships. My idea is to prolong the time that agents stay on a target planet increasing the damage they cause (or res they steal). Whilst issuing your co-op order you can choose from 1-3 ticks to stay on the target, with each tick that passes the damage you do will continue.
So then there must be a way of defending against this. A new co-op to defend "Capture". Launch this co-op on yourself to capture (funnily enough) the hostile agents on your planet for a tastey reward such as intel: eg - untill the hostile planet pays the ransom for the captured agents, their wave distorters power will be nulified. Or something similar.

Just a thought. As you all well know i have no idea about coding so would something like this be possible or even welcome in the game?
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 21:01   #2
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts
Re: co-op ticker

i like it
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 18:16   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Sounds like fun to me.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 18:39   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I like it too.

Here is what i think:

The price for duration would be normal. Ex. 25 agents would cost (25 x 1k each res x duration.)

The defence has to be insanteneous action. and probably SHOULD require more agents then that of an attacked. After such, it should be a small monetary prize for capping agents (salvage ?) And intell such as all possible 1 of each scans, coords and, maybe even, the tag of allience of that planet. Maybe also the location and ship inventory of all the fleets, and access to scan database of that planet.

When rewards for capturing agents is that good, we also have to raise rewards for Cov-Oppers aswell..

Maybe we will even develop a whole new way of playing this game ! via covops. Like agents will have special training you can purchase/research. (and maybe even purchase/train agents prior to actualy covopping and have a strike team of agents ?) and that could be dependant on your secur. centers. And different items you can equip them with, (ala RPG style ?) ...maybe develop cov op leaders
would be fun thing to do.

But then you have to create MORE interaction between covop based planets and those of classic build. (ship carrying anti-personnell weapons ?)

just rambling on topic. We need to revamp PA and attract more people to it, imo.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote