User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Oct 2007, 11:26   #1
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Cookie lifelength

2 ticks is way to short.
It would been sensible in old pa when you could see who was online with scans,now you cant.

So, let us be logged in for infinity, or atleast aslong as we do something once an hour.

plx
k
tnx

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 11:37   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Cookie lifelength

if you are logged in for infinity, bots only need to defeat the bot stopper once.
its two hours for good reason.
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 11:44   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

There are not enough players to worry about bots.
Worry about us who are tired of loginquestions instead.

Unread 13 Oct 2007, 12:12   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

They're hardly difficult.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 12:15   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Didnt say "23234-4^5*(342)" was difficult, its just annoying.

Unread 13 Oct 2007, 12:29   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

So you'd rather have a game full of bots forking you over than answer the questions?

Surely you want everyone playing to have a fair chance and be on a level playing field?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 13:04   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is not exactly at the top of my list of PA-worries.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 13:14   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Seriously, "full of bots" might have applied when pa was free and we had over a handfull of pa players.

Unread 13 Oct 2007, 17:43   #9
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Seriusly, I wich there was a few bot planet to roid :/
It schould be considered a favor when someone botters to multi now.
The game really does need the planets.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 21:38   #10
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Why all the paranoia with bots? Any chance of thinking of potential solutions to a problem instead of instantly replying that bots make this impossible?

I've suggested that the amount of login CAPTCHAs should be reduced according to how often the account is logged, someone who logs in 3 times a day wouldn't get a CAPTCHA whilst someone logging in 6+ times might need to answer one. An alternative is to have a random chance (say 50%) so that you don't have to enter it on every login. Maybe it could detect that your planet is under attack and force you to answer a CAPTCHA to be on the safe side.

It's probably easier to share login information with someone else than it is to code a bot, decreasing the restrictions a bit would go a long way.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote