User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 May 2007, 16:07   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Radio Contest (vote for me pls!)

I've never entered these radio contests before because I always thought it was a bit of a fix, but three days ago my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to nominate me for a spray tan in the hopes of winning VIP tickets to a Justin Timberlake concert. (This was on ROCK FM, which is a regional radio for the North-west of england)

At random, my name was pulled from a hat, and I was then put live onto the radio show and had a small chat with them Weds and Thursday to arrange everything.

I went down to the radio station today at 7am and met the crew, they were all really friendly, none of them had a face for radio (i.e. they were all good looking enough, no gay references pls) and we all acted a bit silly, which was great and added to the fun atmosphere.

They then revealed that they wanted to spray us live on air, whilst videoing it... putting us in little black thongs made of paper. I was suddenly uninterested, although I admitedly tried one on (in private) just to see how inappropriate it was... "very" was the answer... so we all got out of wearing them in the end which was a close shave.

Standing in our boxers in the recording studio they then brought in a portable tanning tent and two beauty therapists, and my being the bravest of the bunch, I stepped up to go first. I have to admit that I almost regretted it as they have done jokes in the past and almost expected to be sprayed blue like a smurf, or be given a nice chavvy orange colour - but actually it looks really professional and is a really natural bronze-esque colour. Everyone at my office has been saying how it looks real, which is great (and hey, it's gotten me a couple votes so far!)

I was well chuffed when the female radio presenter (Gemma, who is pretty fit) said I had a great ass and really soft skin (got a bit of a grope). I would have gone bright red there and then, but obviously the girlfriend was in the room so I tried my best to ignore it.

So the next step is voting - the guy who has the most votes wins the tickets for his girlfriend - my girl really wants it so I thought before I go home and start calling and emailing people, asking for votes whilst completely embarrasing myself by giving people access to my video... well... I hoped that the GD community might give me a couple votes (please?).

http://www.rockfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=401867
vote Dan (me)

so... that's the link - I'd appreciate it if you only voted once on your computer - I don't want to cheat with proxies and clearing the cache and all that stuff - if you have the time and wanna help me out, please give me (Dan) your support.

More of an announcement than a GD post... so I best spruce it up a bit... has anyone ever entered something like this before and won?

Seems for now I've won a free and pretty decent spray tan, a mug (wahey) one of those infamous "I'm not a plastic bag" type bags, and a key chain (lol)...

Anyways....
your support would be great - thanks a lot guys/girls.
- Dan (tux)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 4 May 2007 at 16:34.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote