User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 11:57   #151
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: wakey the dramaqueen

Funny thing is I would say a fair few 1up posters got there rep from being good posters. To a certain extent thats why the rep system works. It rewards the best posters.

As for 1up being shit and bashing n00bs on the forums and ingame. I often find it hard to believe. I pos rep more n00bs than I negrep people. When I negrep people its because they are being shit and I tell them. Im sure most people who I have negrepped (which once again I dont do unless they are shit) have had feedback from me.

In fact just looking back at my rep that I have given, I havent given any negrep in the last week or so. I have no idea where this idea comes from about 1up being baby eaters on the boards. Like mazz said theres 15 of us max who are board active and post and I would say we are all pretty decent posters (hence the rep etc).

As someone with the biggest epenis (most rep in 1up, 15k lawl) I can say right here, right now. I dont swing it around discouraging people from posting and negrepping newbies.

If anything would put me off from posting it would be wakey and his long posts. How boring can you get. Instead I would much prefer the wit of someone else.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 12:03   #152
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Exactly how many members of 1up do you think post on these boards? You have a group of 15 of them that you think spoil AD, yet refuse to name them and suddenly you've rarely had a problem with "anyone" in 1up.

I'm utterly baffled.

Edit: And thank you for the addition of a line break
you guys do like to give rep neg to me and pos to yourselves and 15 only well they shure do a god job handing out stuff

so what did you guys get from this tread? dont give unsinged negrep to a mod? or is it that he reacted on the rep itselves? its his damn right to do so if he wants just as it is your right to give rep, signed or not.

this tread is pointless really, forum muppets
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 12:18   #153
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The thread was pointless at the start and is now just going around in circles so I'm closing it. I know it doesnt seem very objective closing a thread critising myself but no-one else seems like they are going and otherwise some of us are just going to watse hours going over the same old ground.

If you have an problems about me closing it then send me a forum PM. Any threads which spring up to continue this will be deleted
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 12:22   #154
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I know it doesnt seem very objective closing a thread critising myself but no-one else seems like they are going and otherwise some of us are just going to watse hours going over the same old ground.
Just on this note, as wakey is quite right people can claim it's not objective, I'd like to point out that I support wakey fully in closing this thread.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 13:25   #155
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I don't. I think the mods should be questioned for actions they take were it was personal. From what I can gather the original poster did nothing to warrent Wakey actively seeking him out in the first place and making such a hoohar about it.

Since this is the Planetarion discussion forum I as a PATeam member have the repsonsibilty to show my disapointment at the way the mods have handled it. If this issue is felt so strongly about by the mods then the thread should have been deleted at creation and the parties involved should have sorted it privatly, not let this escalate into what is essensically a mass slagathon.

If a mod wishes to take action on an event they disaprove of then fine, however when people take it public it should be tied up and sorted privately without fussed, not allowed to expand.

-Marv
PATeam

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 14 Jul 2006, 22:34   #156
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My apologies for not getting to this sooner. Real life events have somewhat overtaken me as of late both with work and personal. Ive had little time to myself and even less where i was coherent and capable of thinking more than 'i want to sleep'.

This issue is not one in which should be discussed publically. From what i have read it seems a very personal matter between two individuals. One happens to be a moderator.

Wakey has spent vast amounts of time moderating and trying to help this community and right or wrong he does not deserve to be challenged publically over something that was a private discussion. Its dissapointing to see something this bitchy over the "important reputation system" turn into a snipe fest in which people are being forced to defend what they believe is right/wrong etc. Whilst this is a discussion forum this kind of discussion benefits noone and harms everyone. Both sides end up coming out worse than when they went in.

The rep system was turned on to give people an idea of who were the good posters and who were the bad. To help people understand where they might want to improve or what others thought of their post without having to resort to the pain in the ass PM system which involves filling in lots of boxes etc etc.

It was a quick and easy way of giving feedback whether it be constructive or not. It has worked surprisingly well on some forums and not so well on others. The main reason behind its differing effectiveness is largely to do with attitude towards it. Some care a great deal about their reputation and who negreps or posreps them and the reasons for doing so.
Its been brought to my attention a few times that there have been 'conspiracies' to negrep leaders of alliances just so people dont take them as seriously on the forums etc etc.

I have always just let this slide as its not really a 'management' issue. The system is there and as per the rules its upto you (the users) how its used to the betterment or detriment of the forums.

The moderators however have an 'emotional' interest in seeing the forums work better. Wakey in particular has time and time again displayed concern for making the place work better and I honestly believe that this is another case in which he wants to improve the forums. Idlers response, whilst not being malicious and possibly just a 'lol wakey lol' ended up being shot to bits in a series of Private messages posted on page 1 of this thread.

I cannot help but feel that Idler picked a bad time and the wrong topic to challenge Wakey and Wakey let things get too emotional. (Remember folkes its just business, not personal!)

Neither side has come out very well in this and im somewhat dissapointed im even having to make this post.

Id like to put this entire episode behind us and I will be talking with Wakey and the rest of the mod team about what we can do to fix the rep system. About a month ago we were all systems go to make it non-anonymous but the hack required to keep all previous rep anonymous requires an upload and pirate is still having somewhat of a fit when anything is sent to her (petulant cow).

These discussions will continue in private and Id hope that threads like this in the future wont appear as they are a private matter that should really be talked about between individuals.

Whilst wakey is a mod and yes some of you will say 'but because hes a moderator his private messages should reflect this!', he is also a person who has spent a great deal of time trying to make this place better. When someone on purposely undermines him its only natural that things are 'gonna go emotional'. This shouldnt mean its then banded about the forums so everyone can analyse the words both he and Idler have written to try and determine who wins the verbal punchup.

JJ - Forum Admin
It's not personal, it's just business.
Closed Thread