User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2006, 10:58   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Online Retailers - Novatech or Scan

Whilst not technically being an IT board thread i thought id post here.

Im about to make a rather large purchase on one of these sites. I will be paying a fair bit more on novatech but ive been hugely impressed by their customer service.

Which have you guys found to be the best if things go wrong and does the extra cost make it worth going with them or should i just stick to scan where things are usually 10/15 quid per component cheaper...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:15   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Online Retailers - Novatech or Scan

Are you limiting yourself to those two retailers for some particular reason? How much more is a fair bit more? Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Edit:
I personally stick with retailers I've had a good experience with for large purchases and try out newer (cheaper) ones for smaller bits. For instance, I think almost everything I've bought of late has either been from Ebuyer (cheap) or Overclockers (good when something goes wrong). I've not tried Novatech before but Scan at least haven't dicked me the past couple of times I've used them.

Last edited by pablissimo; 3 Jul 2006 at 11:24.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:17   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Who framed Roger Rabbit?
I'm not entirely sure but I've heard it was these people.
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:19   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've always found Novatech to have more stock of things and hence alot quicker to get things out. Also their customer service as you have mentioned has always been top notch.

As such i normally stick to novatech as the slightly more expense normally seems money well spent
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:34   #5
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of

i've ordered from both....probably more times from scan, and never had a problem with the customer service from either.

e.v.o.l.v.e
vampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 11:57   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

novatech for me. no risk of headaches later on.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 17:04   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampy
i've ordered from both....probably more times from scan, and never had a problem with the customer service from either.
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 18:27   #8
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

No experience with Novatech, but I've bought from Scan on more than one occasion. One time I ordered £700 19" TFT (long time ago as the price would suggest), I wasn't happy with the performance (major trailing in games etc.) and they took it back for a full refund with no nonsense, even let me keep the free gift that came with it, nothing much just a £10 set of headphones.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 19:23   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went with novatech. Ive ordered with scan before but tbh ive never been able to talk to people at 'local call' rate for over an hour for advice on products i hadnt even bought from them. They also seem to offer a 'if its badly broken just send it to us and we will fix everything for you if need be and replace it all'

So i now have a Kandalf case, Asus Mobo and Gainward gfx card from them.

In addition to that i have a used bigwater745 watercooling system that is going to have to reside in a draw for all eternity as it seemingly blew up my gfx card and quite possibly at the same time ****ed up the motherboard (hurray for technology).

Im sure the system works fine if its just the cpu cooler and no vga block but as the latter is the trickiest thing to install ever id advise anyone whos looking at it to buy it.. Its just not worth the level of hassle you will incur.
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 20:32   #10
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
but as the latter is the trickiest thing to install ever id advise anyone whos looking at it to buy it...
You don't like other people, do you?
Unread 3 Jul 2006, 21:04   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

heh

oops

Id write a full daceesque story as to how this all went but i doubt any of you would care that much and id just get tl;dr type stuff.

However its pretty much on a par with the airconditioning unit disaster.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 01:16   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How do you screw up so consistently?
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 09:25   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

This time im genuinely at a loss. As was most of the novatech support team. I can only assume im cursed by a man called black beard.

New components arrive today so in a way im still happy because everything will be 'shiney ****in new' ala badboys 2.

Ive just wasted 80 quid on a watercooling system thats in a carrier bag in a cupboard. :/