User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:04   #151
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Account on Planetarion Forums locked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Yeah, congrats on that Jonny.
Thanks. It was a lot of effort but I surprised myself by coming through with it in the end.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:05   #152
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Like Dante i don't really care. The hack only got a raised eyebrow response from me. The general response of those in authority, however, kinda amused me by it's apparant incompetence, it's resemblence to what the current government does (it's not our fault we're not gonna tell you exactly what happened and we'll be damned if we say sorry). Again *shrug*
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:06   #153
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah. Because that's the model of organisation we should be trying to emulate. Modern western government :rolleyes:

(i only saw this after i'd written my last post)
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:08   #154
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Like Dante i don't really care. The hack only got a raised eyebrow response from me. The general response of those in authority, however, kinda amused me by it's apparant incompetence, it's resemblence to what the current government does (it's not our fault we're not gonna tell you exactly what happened and we'll be damned if we say sorry). Again *shrug*
Firstly, it's not my place to apologise. If JJ would like to do so that's up to him. Secondly, AS I HAVE ****ING EXPLAINED, the reason it hasn't been fully explained is because we don't want anyone following up along the same route until we know for certain that it isn't there.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:09   #155
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People need to realise that some people on the mod team are under NDA from Jolt. Because of this, no-one on the mod team wants to risk breaching the terms of those NDAs, which in turn means waiting for Jolt's say-so before we can give specifics.

You can take the lack of apology any way you like, but a lot of it has to do with our hands being tied. If we're ever allowed to disclose what happened then maybe you'll agree. On the other hand, maybe you won't. It's not really my problem.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:12   #156
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Ah, I get it now. Once again it all boils down to the mighty evil Jolt preventing the mods from actually doing they're job. Jolt really are cocks at times
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:14   #157
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
People need to realise that some people on the mod team are under NDA from Jolt. Because of this, no-one on the mod team wants to risk breaching the terms of those NDAs because we've been warned that if we do we'll die the most horrific death possible (Jolt promised).
Fair enough but still :rolleyes:

Quote:
You can take the lack of apology any way you like, but a lot of it has to do with our hands being tied. If we're ever allowed to disclose what happened then maybe you'll agree. On the other hand, maybe you won't. It's not really my problem.

How is "we're sorry that a security breach resulted in every one of your accounts being compromised" disclosing what happened?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:15   #158
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The exploit was not our fault. We did not cause it. We had no way of defending against it.

The reason i cant go into detail is because im bound by an NDA i signed yonks ago and therefore until I get word back from Biffy or Keith im not in a position to explain precisely what went on and what weve done it about it. The situation is tricky at best.

Ive done what i felt was necessary in somuch as posted an announcement informing you all to change your passwords. Its inconvenience that has not been caused by us however. I apologise for the fact i cant be forthcoming with 'this is precisely how it was done and this is precisely what we have done about it.

Admittedly it does sound very suspect the whole 'it wasnt us' but all i can do is ask you to trust us. The reason the breach occured was through no fault of any of the mods or the admin team.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:19   #159
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
How is "we're sorry that a security breach resulted in every one of your accounts being compromised" disclosing what happened?
Christ if that's all you wanted.

"We're all extraordinarily, entirely, despairingly, completely, wholly, fully, terribly sorry that a most unfortunate, unforeseen, unexpected, unimaginably horrifying security breach resulted in every one of your important, precious, vital, accounts, without which life would not be worth living were compromised in a such a violation of dastardly proportions that I have phoned the Sun who have promised to send out their top sensationalists who are taking valuable time out from getting rid of the immigrants for this most desperate of situations."
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:21   #160
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Yeah. Because that's the model of organisation we should be trying to emulate. Modern western government
I would imagine it applies to most organisational types. Any decent business will apologise for things that former employees did for instance.

If you're an institution / organisation there's some sort of idea of continuity - people who were banned by former mods are generally still banned and that sort of thing. I posted Nod's quote with tongue firmly in cheek but what he says is fairly accurate.

As for the NDA, I doubt anyone was expecting a ten step HOWTO on how to exactly duplicate the hack. However, you can give general comments. For instance the announcement doesn't let people know whether passwords were leaked, or hashed data. The implications of one or the other are radically different. What if I use my PA Forums password on another site? Should I change it there too? Can MD5-hased data realistically be brute forced if that's what's leaked?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:22   #161
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Christ if that's all you wanted.

"We're all extraordinarily, entirely, despairingly, completely, wholly, fully, terribly sorry that a most unfortunate, unforeseen, unexpected, unimaginably horrifying security breach resulted in every one of your important, precious, vital, accounts, without which life would not be worth living were compromised in a such a violation of dastardly proportions that I have phoned the Sun who have promised to send out their top sensationalists who are taking valuable time out from getting rid of the immigrants for this most desperate of situations."

I don't think you really mean you're sorry though.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:24   #162
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I would imagine it applies to most organisational types. Any decent business will apologise for things that former employees did for instance.
Apology posted above. I had not realised nobody had apologised on the forums however I have apologised to everyone who approached me on irc concerning this.

Quote:
If you're an institution / organisation there's some sort of idea of continuity - people who were banned by former mods are generally still banned and that sort of thing. I posted Nod's quote with tongue firmly in cheek but what he says is fairly accurate.
Decisions are reviewed at the time and in all cases of banning for the past four years or whatever the final decision has been JJ's.

Quote:
As for the NDA, I doubt anyone was expecting a ten step HOWTO on how to exactly duplicate the hack. However, you can give general comments. For instance the announcement doesn't let people know whether passwords were leaked, or hashed data. The implications of one or the other are radically different. What if I use my PA Forums password on another site? Should I change it there too? Can MD5-hased data realistically be brute forced if that's what's leaked?
:crymeariver: :crymeariver: :crymeariver: :crymeariver:
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:25   #163
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I don't think you really mean you're sorry though.
Somehow I doubt the british government is either.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:26   #164
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Somehow I doubt the british government is either.

But at least they don't say "sorry" in an obviously sarcastic matter.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:27   #165
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
But at least they don't say "sorry" in an obviously sarcastic matter.
I see.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:28   #166
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ive posted an apology.

and they say people power doesnt work. :s
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:29   #167
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so should I change my password guys?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:30   #168
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your misspelling of 'halt' is an affront to everything I stand for and I expect a further and immediate apology
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:31   #169
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

haha you all suck and idi rocks!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:31   #170
JonnyBGood
Banned

I support pab's demand and would like to offer my resignation if requisite apology is not immediately forthcoming.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:44   #171
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
I remember when you hacked my account (
I thought he just guessed your password.. Game/game wasnt it?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:44   #172
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so what we're talking about ****ing dead air hostesses now? (skipread previous page), anyway in the anarchic though apparently not malevolent spirit of what happened i demand that idi be unbanned and be given three hurrahs for being cleverer and knowing more about the forums than the people who run the forums.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:45   #173
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This signing of an NDA, was it actually signed? As in, did you get something sent to your house? If so, the fact you have to do that to run an internet forum where no money changes hands is, quite frankly, hilarious.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:47   #174
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

if he broke the NDA what could they actually do about it?
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:49   #175
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Rape and pillage Ipswich
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:50   #176
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:

A more apt question would be "What COULDN'T they do?"
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:57   #177
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Fire him and install sunday8pm as admin.

Doctor Pepper.

What's the worst that could happen!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:01   #178
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Fire him and install sunday8pm as admin.

Doctor Pepper.

What's the worst that could happen!
It's looking like I've to expect your resignation on my desk first thing in the morning, BGood, my demands have no been met.

I am thus forced to engage in an asymmetric act of war against JJ. It might involve a hunger strike, it might involve rubbing one out to Pat Butcher, I'm crazy and I could do anything
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:02   #179
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

from what i remember of the NDA jolt give to all pateam to sign, i cant see anything which would prevent saying how in vague terms peoples accounts were compromised.
as for what jolt could do if he broke it, at worst they could take legal action for compensation if as a result of the breach jolt suffered significant financial losses however it is extremely unlikely that they would, or that it would even cause them loss if Jammyjim spilled absolutely everything he knows about jolt, pa, the forums, etc.
for jolt, the nda is simply a safety net - not a club used to beat people into submission over
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:04   #180
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
rubbing one out to Pat Butcher
:crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver:
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:05   #181
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
for jolt, the nda is simply a safety net - not a club used to beat people into submission over
That's what they want you to think

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:07   #182
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
That's what they want you to think
they have other things to beat people into submission with :crymeariver:
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:22   #183
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
they have other things to beat people into submission with :crymeariver:
They get Furball to dance the Hokey Cokey until you crack???
That's harsh man.

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:24   #184
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The trouble is, if we say anything more than has already been said, it starts looking fairly bad for Jolt. If it was a case of us screwing everything up then I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy for us to talk about it (in fact they'd probably demand it) but as it's pretty much the opposite we're being cautious.

And Pab, you spelt "not" wrong. I hereby demand an apology in the form of a skywriter plane telling me how sorry you are.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:28   #185
JammyJim
Godfather

According to the small print on the NDA Jolt could seize my computer and anything ive ever touched whilst looking at the pa forums*

*that includes my penis. Thats why im so scared
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:37   #186
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
According to the small print on the NDA Jolt could seize my computer and anything ive ever touched whilst looking at the pa forums*
*that includes my penis. Thats why im so scared
i dont remember that section on it O_o
Just as well it expires six months after notifying them that you've quit.
in the clear here \o/

i can , quite freely say whatever i want about jolt even if it embarasses them to do so. so fear not jj. six months after leaving should you ever decide to you can feel perfectly free to do whatever you want with your penis and not worry jolt will come in the night to take it
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 16:57   #187
Dace
so f*cking zen

I thought Yahwe said that from a legal viewpoint the NDA wasn't worth the paper it was written on.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:02   #188
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
md5 is pretty much immune to brute force hacking, especially if the forum software 'salts' the hash. However as a precaution I would maybe consider changing your passwords. If the hash hasnt been 'salted' then there are hash DB's out there to help decode md5 hashes and with encryption never being totally secure its more a matter of when an form of encyrption is cracked rather than if it will be.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:17   #189
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
And Pab, you spelt "not" wrong. I hereby demand an apology in the form of a skywriter plane telling me how sorry you are.

Subject to the resolution of the 'hault' issue, thy will be done
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:18   #190
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

MD5 is no less vulnerable to brute force than any other system, as brute force completely bypasses the encryption system and goes for the vulnerability of the chosen password instead.

It's equally easy to brute force the password "123456" if it's stored in cleartext or as an MD5 hash.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:22   #191
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
md5 is pretty much immune to brute force hacking, especially if the forum software 'salts' the hash. However as a precaution I would maybe consider changing your passwords. If the hash hasnt been 'salted' then there are hash DB's out there to help decode md5 hashes and with encryption never being totally secure its more a matter of when an form of encyrption is cracked rather than if it will be.
I've already discussed salted hashes :|
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:26   #192
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
MD5 is no less vulnerable to brute force than any other system, as brute force completely bypasses the encryption system and goes for the vulnerability of the chosen password instead.

It's equally easy to brute force the password "123456" if it's stored in cleartext or as an MD5 hash.
He wasnt asking if the password could be obtained via Brute Force, but if the MD5 hash could be reversed via Brute Force
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:28   #193
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

The two concepts are one and the same. It's not possible to reverse MD5, hence the need to brute force it in the first place, hence brute force of password == brute force of MD5 password hash.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:32   #194
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
The two concepts are one and the same.
Hardly as ones trying to simply guess a password, the others taking a hash and trying to reverse the encyption so you can read it.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:38   #195
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hashing isn't encryption. You don't brute-force a hash like you might try with actual encryption since there is no key involved, you either throw (by brute force) a dictionary at an MD5 algorithm and compare the output to the known hash of the account, or you throw the known hash against gigs upon gigs of rainbow tables (which accomplishes the same thing). Hashes are entirely one-way, there are an infinite number of plaintexts that would map to a single hash, thus you can't ever deterministically derive the plaintext from the ciphertext. You can however brute the thing to generate some password (which in all probability will be the same one) that happens to hash to the right thing. In effect they really are the same in this context assuming you have access to the hash (so can do all of this off-line).
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:41   #196
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Ok, I changed my password to 123456. is that ok?

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:43   #197
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Let me try one more time.

It is not possible in any way shape or form to run MD5 backwards. There is no inverse of the MD5 algorithm. If there was, using it in the first place would be pointless as you could put the MD5 hash in to the inverse algorithm and out would pop the password.

So, you have two databases with a login name "mike", which you know, and a password "123456" which you don't know. DB1 stores the password unencrypted. DB2 stores the password as an MD5 hash. Your only access to each database is through the login page. Lets assume that both databases process login requests in the same period of time. You concurrently brute force both login pages.

DB1 > U: Mike P: 123454 - fail
DB2 > U: Mike P: 123454 - fail

DB1 > U: Mike P: 123455 - fail
DB2 > U: Mike P: 123455 - fail

DB1 > U: Mike P: 123456 - granted
DB2 > U: Mike P: 123456 - granted

Now that you know the password is "123456", you also know the hash is "e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e". That is the only way you can reverse engineer the original input for a specified MD5 hash, ignoring collision vulnerabilities which I'm not going to start talking about now.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:43   #198
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Yes ste, you're now secure
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:45   #199
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Yes ste, you're now secure
hoorah!

Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:47   #200
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I was assuming we were talking about bruting against a known hash to get the password, which with a suitably large collection of rainbow tables and cryptographically weak passwords is far from difficult, though time-consuming. I didn't realise you were talking of bruting the login page.