User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 May 2006, 16:27   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Gifts for Wimmins

I've mentioned this "girl I'm kind of seeing" a couple of times.

She's still at uni (finishes in about... a week - forever etc) and we've only been on one "proper" date together - the other two being dates in hospital. Ace!

Anyway, her dissertation deadline is this Friday.

She's been really supportive and things throughout the whole of my cancery crap (especially considering we were only getting together right before the cancer - it's not like she's my girlfriend or even a friend).

She's been really stressed lately about the whole essays/dissertation thing, and me having this disease can't have helped.

By the way all the paragraphs above me only exist so that less people go "lol fag" when I present you with the main topic of this thread:

I want to get her some kind of gift, to say thanks, and also to say well done on finishing the dissertation.

As I know her quite well, but not that well (for instance, I wouldn't know what she'd choose in a restaurant, or what her favourite wine is, or anything like that), I'm not sure what to get her.

At the moment I've narrowed it down to:

-Chocolates (probably from Thorntons or somewhere - bonus is that I can order them online etc).

-Flowers (again, I can order them online - but I'm not sure flowers are such a great present. maybe it's because i'm male, but i don't see the point of them - and i don't know how much of a girly-girl she is)

-Alcohol (probably the "best" gift (shes a student etc), although I'd have to go out and buy it - but then that'd be seen as making-the-effort as I'd also buy a card as well - my main question here is "Can you send alcohol (or even liquids/glass for that matter) by post?")

So any advice on those (and an answer to my "alcohol by post" question), or alternatives would be greatly appreciated! I'm aiming to get this to her by Friday/Saturday so I need an answer by the end of today really.
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:38   #2
vampy
bound & gagged

vampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud ofvampy has much to be proud of
Re: Gifts for Wimmins

you can send booze through the post, though of course its normally heavy so would cost a fair bit to send. You can probably order it online too as a gift from various places....I know I've had champagne sent me through the post before. Though just random booze i think is a bit crap, it'd have to be something 'special'

Even though IRC boys think they are lame, i love getting flowers....part of the whole thing about it is that they are kinda decadent and pointless, but they look so pretty, and it makes you feel like someone cares about you.

and of course chocolate is always a winner (so long as you're sure she's not one of those silly girls who are skinny but obsessed with their diet anyway).

I'm sure I've seen some places online that let you send chocolate AND flowers together.

In short, pretty much anything you send would be cool, as I'm sure she'd be happy to know you were thinking of her.

e.v.o.l.v.e
vampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:43   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would get flowers I think, I dont know why but I like giving people flowers. The original suprise and enjoyment of flowers is great as well. Not as if she is going to be drinking and going "OH TOMKAT" or eating the chocolate and saying "I WISH TOMKAT WAS DARK CHOCOLATE TOO". Anyway flowers options if I was you.

On the alcohol thing theres plenty of places that do it, a site like virgin sells and delivers wine. This site seems to be what you are looking for alcohol wise.

By the way if you get flowers make sure they are big and colourful, not roses or anything boring.
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:45   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

flowers are shit, theyt really are pointless and i hate sending them other than mothers day<3, Alkihol seems pretty decent as long as its decent stuff like vampy said
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:50   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They arent pointless, women in my experience prefer flowers. Depends on the girl obviously but if you got a big bunch of flowers or a small box of chocolates the original suprise of flowers would rock. Its that original suprise that sticks in the mind, not the eating chocholates 2 months later and going oh they are tasty.
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:54   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

By some red ribbon, tie it as a bow round my neck, then send me round to her place.

I'LL BE THE BEST GOD DAMN PRESENT SHE'S EVER HAD!

I've got moves of a sexual nature* like you wouldn't believe after all.
Unread 24 May 2006, 16:56   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

* and i'm not just talking about my ability to jump from the shadows with a chloroform rag and drag a girl back to my lair
Unread 24 May 2006, 17:10   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chocolates and a nicely-presented bottle of not-the-cheapest-you-can-find Champagne I guess.

I don't 'do' presents very well.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:00   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A giant teddy bear.

*lol fag*

But it works. You can get little t-shirts for them with loving messages on, etc.

*lol fag*
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:34   #10
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not a teddybear as it isnt' a lover's gift or anything, it's a "well done" gift.

I know girls prefer flowers but I don't know her well enough to know which she'd prefer. And I can't ask her as then it ruins the surprise :P

I might go with flowers. Hmm.
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:36   #11
pig
1up on you

go to a florists and ask them, thats what I always do. Choose the biggest and brightest shit u can find, preferably cheap as well but what can you do ;/
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:36   #12
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I know girls prefer flowers but I don't know her well enough to know which she'd prefer. And I can't ask her as then it ruins the surprise :P

I might go with flowers. Hmm.
are you saying you don't know what kind of flowers she likes?

can't go wrong with roses.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:37   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

carnations/ask woman in flower shop
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:54   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Handbags have never ever failed me. And if you are like me and cant pick it out, either ask the staff at the shops (but remeber they always recomend the expensive ones), your best friend that is a girl (lol girlfriend lol) or just go for something pretty. Maybe all girls i date are shallow, but they've all liked bags.

Flowers work, as does candy in most cases (you will most probably have noticed if she is one of those crazy health types). Booze im not so certain off, I've only given it once but then again, that was more a joke.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 18:57   #15
Tomkat

I'm just thinking that if it's a "well done" gift she's more likely to be celebrating, which was why I thought of booze.

Flowers just seem a bit too romantic - this gift isn't supposed to be romantic. Well it kind of is, and yet I don't want it to LOOK romantic. That again is why I thought of alcohol.

A bag is also too much of a boyfriend-girlfriend thing to buy.
Unread 24 May 2006, 19:03   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Chocolate or alcohol, whichever you see on special offer first.
Unread 24 May 2006, 19:06   #17
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What about music? Have you discussed music with her?

Champagne glasses along with a little note saying "To toast your success. Well done!" Or some such. Cheaper to mail but conveys the same sentiment.

Dace's idea is good too. However, he must sing a message and strip or the whole thing is a little sordid.
Unread 24 May 2006, 19:13   #18
Tomkat

This thread makes me realise how little I know about her interests and things

I hope we haven't got one of those relationships going where everything is peachy and fine under crises but goes in the pan when things become mundane again
Unread 24 May 2006, 20:15   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alcohol seems to be the best choice as it is the end of her exams/dissertation.

An awesome bottle of wine or a bottle of champoo if you are willing to break the bank.

You could try finding a local off licence to her that will take orders over the phone and deliver it gift wrapped
Unread 24 May 2006, 20:24   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heres an idea for you Tom. Im planning on doing this one for the Girlfriend when she finishes her college course.

Take a picture of her. Then take a picture of the University where she is studying. Now with both, go to a local art store (theres always a few in each town/city) and ask them to draw you a caricature of her. Ask them to mock it up with her in a graduation gown, mortar , etc etc , holding a diploma and with a massive, oversized cheesy grin, in front of the university building.

Unless youre very unlucky, you should be able to find a local artist thatll do this for about £50. And its both personal, friendly and can be taken whatever way she chooses.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 20:24   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can actually order alcohol from places like john lewis inline, its not cheap though so depends how much you want to spend
Unread 24 May 2006, 21:56   #22
Tomkat

Done!

Ordered this for her.
Unread 24 May 2006, 21:59   #23
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Chocolates and a nicely-presented bottle of not-the-cheapest-you-can-find Champagne I guess.

I don't 'do' presents very well.

I would go with this idea.

*edit* Oh well guess I am too late
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:01   #24
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Done!

Ordered this for her.
i think that was unwise.

for £20 you could have bought flowers or chocolates, instead you have attempted to buy both but achieved neither.

they say it is the thought that counts. but if that were true then I would be happy with the thought of you having a life-threatening illness, whereas i would much prefer the reality of you dying.
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:07   #25
Tomkat

Yahwe I'm going to choose dates for the GD Meet that have everyone you HATE and noone you LIKE.

Just to spite you!
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:07   #26
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Done!

Ordered this for her.
that's a naughty flower
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:09   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yahwe I'm going to choose dates for the GD Meet that have everyone you HATE and noone you LIKE.

Just to spite you!
I hope you have a lovely evening.

Unread 24 May 2006, 22:42   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Dace's idea is good too. However, he must sing a message and strip or the whole thing is a little sordid.

OBVIOUSLY i would sing and strip*. I thought that was a given.

*i'm thinking Jackass's Party Boy dancing in the stereo shop stylee
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:48   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
OBVIOUSLY i would sing and strip*. I thought that was a given.

*i'm thinking Jackass's Party Boy dancing in the stereo shop stylee
**i'm imagining you naked and that's not good for my weak stomach
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:48   #30
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Since TK has ordered what he has ordered. Will you still be willing to deliver it and strip?
Unread 24 May 2006, 22:55   #31
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

You should have bought chocolates that was formed as flowers with alcohol inside. 3 flies in one smack.
Unread 24 May 2006, 23:03   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
**i'm imagining you naked and that's not good for my weak stomach

you're so excited you've got butterflies i suspect
Unread 24 May 2006, 23:06   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i bought an ex gf a single rose once and had it sent to her whilst i was in the states.

apparently she swooned a great deal when she recieved it and ran around telling everyone id sent it (great :/ )

however at the time she was also quite probably pissing about with an ex bf whilst i was 5000 miles away..... so in retrospect.....i shouldve poisioned it or told the florist to piss on it or something before it was sent. meh...

i wouldve bought a bottle of champagne and had it delivered to her.. "congratulations on finishing your exams. have a toast to your success' or someshit like that. or maybe 'Id explode in the same way if you pulled on my cork'

or "Whenever i think of you it reminds me of this because i too shoot liquid at high velocity"

you get the picture.

AND
its not like your spending much money sitting in hospital and shit and its a nice sentiment.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 23:41   #34
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A girl at my workplace got a chocolate in the shape of a penis.

True story.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2006, 02:02   #35
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a girlfriend this book once for valentines day once. It was my first girlfriend, and she wasn't the most... normal of individuals I've met. She had quite a morbid sense of humour. Anyway, I was blissfully happy thinking about chocolates and roses or whatnot, and she brings up the question one night when we were lounging around my flat of valentines presents. She says she doesn't want to end up doing what everyone else does and buying the same old tripe, and she hoped to get something more unusual. I think she then when on to make some dead baby jokes, or something typical of her humour...

So I bought her the book on Bunny Suicides. She took to it badly and refused to turn up for the candlelit dinner I had planned. Things had been 'on and off' before this one time a few months earlier, but after this, it was more off than on. Turns out, she just wanted flowers and chocs in the end anyway (she told a friend)

My personal conclusion? Stick with the classics (unless you want rid of them).
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 23:58   #36
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Ok, I've decided to resurrect this thread, as I'm attempting to order my other half some roses.

Did roses suddenly become worth their ****ing weight in gold? A dozen white roses, £45. Are you having a ****ing bubble? £15 no problem, £45 go **** yourself.

Its not like I want them delivered, I'm more than capable of handing over a bunch of roses myself, its not as if you need a ****ing degree in engineering and 3 years of on the job training to hand somebody a bunch of ****ing roses. I think I'll even be capable of putting them into a ****ing vase too if I put in some real effort.
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 00:04   #37
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Dude.

That's a ****ing rip-off!

I can get a dozen of white roses for £25.

Or I can take some off a local garden for free.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 14:22   #38
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

last week my gf (and her twinsister) celebrated her birthday. i bought her a birthdaycard with a roaring lion on it. inside i put a ticket for the lion king musical (29 euros, where they used to cost about 80). we're going july 8.
she was very happy with it. and i think i made a good impression on her sisters and mum. i had a better present than her sisters bf bought for her sister (some weird cookingtool) so .

oh and i bought her a huge chocolatebar that costed 77 cents (i'm not sure why i still remember this).
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 14:34   #39
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Dude.

That's a ****ing rip-off!

I can get a dozen of white roses for £25.
Yeah thats a far more reasonable price for some shitty flowers :what:
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 15:39   #40
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...&RestartFlow=t

And other flowers cheaper, with free delivery.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 2 Jun 2006 at 15:45.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 09:48   #41
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

how about a little 'basket of goodies'?
Like, a couple of tied up flowers, something nice smelling like scented candles (?), a bottle of Amaretto and a carton of OJ. The best part about this gift idea is you can add in completely random things that you know will remind her of something you've done... for example I once gave a girl a cuddly-giraffe we kept passing in the street and even tho it was only about a fiver I think it meant more to her than anyhting else (because it actually meant something).
It sounds random but it might work nicely, because there's bound to be something she'll really appreciate in there. Plus you can make it as soppy/congratultory/whatever as you'd like
tux

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 19:37   #42
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

If you think she can take care of them, buy live flowers, the downside of this is the 'not being able to get it online' (I mean, when you think about it, its a bit mean giving someone the dead appendages of a once-beutiful thing). Best off buying booze from tescos online and having it delivered to her.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 20:37   #43
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
carnations
Carnations are the last thing I'd want to see after my exams. Especially if they're white. *shudder*

But then I'd also hate to get booze.

What the hell, have a ball.

(For God's sake, no stupid fluffy bears. Alcohol is surely best if you're there to share it?)
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 20:44   #44
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

On a more practical note for any one thinking of buying post exam gifts - remember she's just spend the last X months shut in a library, get her something FUN.

The first thing I did after finishing my exams (apart from parade round town and picnic in the parks) was sit down in front of 6 hours of Pride and Prejudice.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 20:57   #45
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

so are we decided on the heroin then? that or a picnic in the park.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote