User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 04:16   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The First Holocaust

The other day I was reading about the ill-remembered and oft-denied armenian genocide. This holocaust was responsible for the deaths of between 1.2 and 1.5 million Armenians from the period 1915-1917. Most famously this genocide is referred to in a quote attributed to Adolf Hitler "who after all speaks today of the armenians?" Tragically the turkish government largely still refuses to acknowledge the reality of the armenian genocide despite the masses of evidence available, instead choosing to pass them off as casualties of the first world war. Perhaps even more disgracefully both western governments and media outlets still put forward the facade that the truth, definitively acknowledged by the international association of genocide scholars as a genocide, is up for debate and the matter is unresolved. However all that aside while I was reading I came across this quite remarkable first-hand account of the armenian genocides from a woman named Astrid Aghanajanian who witnessed these events as a young girl. Prior to this her grandparents and her uncle had been shot by Turkish soldiers.

Quote:
What was left of the family all walked and walked. At a village one night, my father who had been deported with us came to see us. He told my mother that he thought he was being allowed to say good-bye, that he would be shot with the othr men. I remember my mother told me that my father's last words were: "The only way to remember me is to look after Astrid". We never saw him again. It was a long march and the Turks and Kurds came to carry off girls for rape. My mother would run from one end of the column to the other each time she saw them attacking us. My other grandmother died along the way. So did my newly-born brother Vartkes. We had to leave him by the roadside. One day, the Turks said they wanted to collect all the young children and look after them. Some women, who couldn't feed their children, let them go. Then my mother saw them piling the children on top of each other and setting them on fire. My mother pushed me under another pile of corpses. She buried herself with me under those bodies. Even today I cannot stand to be in darkness or to be on my own. My mother saved me from the fire. She used to tell me afterwards that she heard the screams of the children and saw the flames, it was as if their souls were going up to heaven.
I just thought I should share that with you all. I hope you gain something from reading it.