User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Jan 2011, 13:05   #1
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all
Who would you like to see return

Having now had a few boring rounds on the trot, quite often due to poor political decisions, it got me thinking of previous allies (pre and post PaX) and what they would have done to make the game more enjoyable (whether how they acted politcally or their style of playing the game)

So my question is . . . what ally would you like to see return in their previous format (be round specific) and your reasons why. What do you think they would add to the game politically/players of all levels/general PA experience etc.

For me it would have been TGV r22. The ally was great fun to be in and they quite often joined in the political battles for top spot even though being a mid tier ally (scorewise). r22 TGV had a great mix of new starters, team players and top 100 players and it suited everyone. I think r22 TGV would have added another ally that would have been involved politically but still providing a nice competitive ally around the 6-7 mark making that area a bit more exciting.

So what ally in its previous format or its style of playing do you think would have added to the PA game we have now?
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 14:52   #2
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough
Re: Who would you like to see return

You just described oddr for the past couple of rounds.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 15:05   #3
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all

I did actually see the similarities but I felt another ally in a similar position could add to the politics of the top tier allies (like you guys have been doing) and also provide competition for similar ranks you hold.

The aim of the thread was to talk about allies that would add something to PA of today, not compare similarities and say an ally already does that as there may be a need for more than 1 ally to play a particular role
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 15:29   #4
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Yeah we wouldn't mind some competition

Finally retired
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 16:26   #5
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Like... DLR?
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 17:36   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Nah it has to be Hirr maybe.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 17:39   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Any.

The problem with PA isnt the alliances, its that we only ever have one top-tier alliance competiting. If you add 2 alliances which are roughly equally matched and can stand up to each other 1v1, then we'd get an interesting round (if they both wanted #1 rank). The problem is that we have a domininate alliance which has to be held back by a block which never lasts long enough.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 19:03   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Big alliances prefer to bash small ones rather than fighting each other. Nothing new.
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 19:14   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fury. They'd destroy everyone else and we could all quit. It'd be great.

Just noticed who nitz picked. You do remember that TGV settled for second that round by refusing to attack vgn right? And participated in pre-round political agreements and blocks? All of which are currently considered by the wider pa community to be "bad things"?

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 11 Jan 2011 at 19:19.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 20:52   #10
Nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post

Just noticed who nitz picked. You do remember that TGV settled for second that round by refusing to attack vgn right? And participated in pre-round political agreements and blocks? All of which are currently considered by the wider pa community to be "bad things"?
Thank for being the only person to have actually read my post and providing the sort of response I was looking for (even if your reasoning is somewhat down beat)

I think it was a case of suprising ourselves, I don't believe any of TGV thought that they would be second and then when it happened nobody responded to it. I don't believe pre round agreements/blocks necessarily make the round boring until it gets to the point the opposition has lost and then its the wait for them to turn on each other (may be boring for those who lost but we can't all win) Unfortunately by the end activity had dropped off and I don't think anyone felt capable of taking down the top 3 VGN heavy gals (gosu guys I believe)

I'm not saying my decision is right I just thought it would be interesting to see what suggestions other people had (didn't want it to be a discuss TGV thread)

I don't quite get the people above going on about big allies bashing noobs as there are plenty of allies from pre-pax who were setup to take on other larger allies, please look beyond the "we are the oppressed small guys" cause quite often its the not taking part in politics that leaves you that way
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:08   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
I think it was a case of suprising ourselves, I don't believe any of TGV thought that they would be second and then when it happened nobody responded to it.
I agree with you on the bit about pre-round blocks not being necessarily bad but you're pretty much paraphrasing what imperia and ND said the last two rounds here. Not that your reasoning, or theirs, is wrong. I'm sure all three alliances were genuinely surprised. Perhaps it says something more about the general approach to pa. I mean, to me, it wouldn't be inconceivable that ODDR could find themselves in an extremely strong position where a more experienced alliance would consider going for the win next round. Would they if it involved breaking agreements (not backstabbing, just going by prearranged agreements) and risking their highest position to date? I'm not sure, I doubt it personally but you really can't judge sometimes.

If we're taking about who we'd like to see back there are a lot of alliances who'd improve the current game. Hell it's hard to imagine many who'd make it worse. Even apprime are welcome with their pseudo-exilition wax on/wax off thing these days!
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:19   #12
Spawn

Spawn is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to see Legion return.. They were hot in 2000
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:27   #13
Nitz

I wasn't trying to aim the thread at ND/Imperia specifically.

I wasn't necessarily looking for the obvious strong ally competing for number one but examples of allies that could have have made the game more fun by either the way they played or how they influenced the political field (didn't have to fulfill all those suggestions)

Someone did mention hirr who had the infamous lemming runs which seemed to provided entertainment for both them and the community. I thought it was a good suggestion.
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:29   #14
Nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I would like to see Legion return.. They were hot in 2000
Nice suggestion but how would they have benefitted the gameplay as it is now?
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:34   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
You do remember that TGV settled for second that round by refusing to attack vgn right? And participated in pre-round political agreements and blocks? All of which are currently considered by the wider pa community to be "bad things"?

I believe it's amusing that most of the things certain ancient people would remember with joy believing they were what made this game are now considered straight out of the vile darkness. I mean, what is this game without a lot of political dabbling, pacts being forged and broken, blocks crashing on each other, unexpected, borderline stupid political maneuvers changing the plot of the round. A proper mix of fence and break is what makes things worthwhile.
Unread 11 Jan 2011, 23:37   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Legion. As long as I can be a fly on the wall in all of their internal channels. If I could have their private messages as well that would be great.

Great alliance on their day, but their treachery towards one another could be hilarious
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 00:36   #17
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Round two Blue Tuba.

They'd triple the player base.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 00:49   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 30 Ascendancy. Noone would stand a chance.
Or Round 28 Ascendancy (if that is the round where we almost had double #2 score) .....

Round 3 Scandanavian Legion ... the sheer numbers would make it fun (just like r2 Blue Tuba, but without any form of competence)
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 00:55   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
I wasn't trying to aim the thread at ND/Imperia specifically.

I wasn't necessarily looking for the obvious strong ally competing for number one but examples of allies that could have have made the game more fun by either the way they played or how they influenced the political field (didn't have to fulfill all those suggestions)
For any round to be genuinely interesting you need two strong motivated allies, at least one of which has to be aiming for #1. Right now we have alliances who want to avoid fighting because it's hard work. And I mean that's literally all we have, no exceptions. You'd need at least two alliances to make next round genuinely worthwhile. Any one addition would only put a new, equally uninteresting twist on the round. That said an uninteresting round would be a step up from the last two, which could best be described as ****ing woeful.

If I had to pick one alliance to return it'd be angels though. Never a dull moment there!
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 02:28   #20
HeimdallR

Quote:
I mean, to me, it wouldn't be inconceivable that ODDR could find themselves in an extremely strong position where a more experienced alliance would consider going for the win next round. Would they if it involved breaking agreements (not backstabbing, just going by prearranged agreements) and risking their highest position to date? I'm not sure, I doubt it personally but you really can't judge sometimes.
Not totally inconceivable, but a long way from it, i can see xVx and ct (with a dlr bg) to be competing for #1.
ODDR never been in this position, but never fled from a fight either.
Loyalty has been one of our better points in my eyes though, app can attest to that.

We'll just have to see how things pan out after the earlier ticks have passed.

Finally retired
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 09:08   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Are you running for political office or something because that was a lot of hot air that cleared up nothing.
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 14:41   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
seconded

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 15:09   #23
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

NoS. Dingo made me lulz.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 15:10   #24
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
If I had to pick one alliance to return it'd be angels though. Never a dull moment there!
True dat.

Kjel for pres.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 17:40   #25
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
I agree with you on the bit about pre-round blocks not being necessarily bad but you're pretty much paraphrasing what imperia and ND said the last two rounds here. Not that your reasoning, or theirs, is wrong. I'm sure all three alliances were genuinely surprised. Perhaps it says something more about the general approach to pa. I mean, to me, it wouldn't be inconceivable that ODDR could find themselves in an extremely strong position where a more experienced alliance would consider going for the win next round. Would they if it involved breaking agreements (not backstabbing, just going by prearranged agreements) and risking their highest position to date? I'm not sure, I doubt it personally but you really can't judge sometimes.
Not that we make pre round agreements, we mostly approach and do politics during the round. Although it's true old fiends are easier to approach, Rock, Apprime and last round Zebra punch and imperia were all solid partners. Since we have never been in that position i can't really give you an answer. Although me and the other HC are confident that we will make the right decision.
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 18:05   #26
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar View Post
NoS. Dingo made me lulz.
I'd agree, NoS with Dingo at the helm was great fun(for all). + the notorious backstabbing made everything more interesting.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 19:27   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Not that we make pre round agreements, we mostly approach and do politics during the round. Although it's true old fiends are easier to approach, Rock, Apprime and last round Zebra punch and imperia were all solid partners. Since we have never been in that position i can't really give you an answer. Although me and the other HC are confident that we will make the right decision.
There's a right and a wrong decision to be made in that situation? Could have fooled me!
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 19:30   #28
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Zebra punch
wasn't this phrase banned just a brief while ago
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 19:35   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
wasn't this phrase banned just a brief while ago
Luckily what is prohibited ingame and on the forums are two different things. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd only have like 10 posts.

Unlucky for some am i rite
Unread 12 Jan 2011, 20:03   #30
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

I would like to see hidden agenda return,,they trained tons of great players and always had a few competitive planets and never got dragged into bullshit blocks,i didnt even know there was such a thing until round 33 :P

And JBG just fyi yes if oddr did find itself in 2nd ofc it would go for a win who wouldnt?well ND :P well we wouldnt miss our chance but thats not our aim for this round. no point speculating guess we will see if we are ever in the position in the future
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 01:21   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Only if you moderate. For the entire round. On your own.
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 02:57   #32
HeimdallR

Quote:
There's a right and a wrong decision to be made in that situation? Could have fooled me!
Didn't he just tell you were going to make the right decission, wich is ODDR having fun at PA, along with its friends, like it has been for many rounds.

Here comes the hot air again

tbh jbg, for us oddr peeps it isn't much of a descission to make, we all know who are most rumoured for round win. its xVx and CT,
Yeah we recruited some great people, doesn't mean nothing pre round, certainly not seeing at the peeps going to xVx and ct.

that being said, greg jizzed his pants 23 times already pre-round
jackie is jealous

personally i kept it to a calm and smooth 22 times

Finally retired
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 14:13   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

I look forward to your alliance disgracing itself and then claiming it was all just in it to have fun and you can't blame us for that and we did have fun and so what if nobody else likes what we did and we're not like ND or ct or anyone at all because they're alliances which should be challenging for #1 but even if we're doing well we're just plodding along in our happy go lucky style just glad to have the intellectual capacity to sign up for pa in the first place.

PS You're a mediocre troll. Find a better hobby.
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 14:49   #34
HeimdallR

no one trolls like you can jbg, don't expect others to ever reach that level

Finally retired
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 15:19   #35
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

soft arguement really in fairness, but plodding along in our happy go lucky style??lol thats amusing,i think or style is more picking a fight with whatever alliance attacks us too much, since we get around 2 wars a round in at least due to most current top 5 alliances having little or no ballz, im sure this round will be no different but this time we can benefit in ranks from hitting alliances.
Disgrace the alliance?only way thatl happen is if i turn up in dublin and show u fist 1 and fist 2 for not being nice to heimdall :P cardi can ref hes in ireland atm :P heims and awesome troll, fukn ugly as sin
way to go off topic im so bored today hehe :P
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 15:45   #36
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

NFI r38. It's recent and easy, yes, but all the other ones have been said already and it was probably one of the most fun rounds I've had as a player. Additionally, the general player base's hatred of Kenny provided hours of entertainment.

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 20:35   #37
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Or Round 28 Ascendancy (if that is the round where we almost had double #2 score) .....
r32 Asc would be more fun. We wouldn't dominate, but we'd have a massive influence. Dominated rounds are boring for both sides (except for the few that care to roid race).

Quote:
For any round to be genuinely interesting you need two strong motivated allies, at least one of which has to be aiming for #1. Right now we have alliances who want to avoid fighting because it's hard work. And I mean that's literally all we have, no exceptions. You'd need at least two alliances to make next round genuinely worthwhile. Any one addition would only put a new, equally uninteresting twist on the round.
qft
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 22:11   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jesus.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2011, 23:24   #39
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I don't remember which round it was but I really loved to play at Madcows as part of the badly beaten VVOMM block at r8 or 9. Madcows disbanded after that but I'd love to replay that and try to change the outcome of the war and maybe avoid disbanding Madcows with a victory! Was a very funny and demanding war, never seen something similar to it except my first round after Vision's revival where we also had some hard fights.

Speaking of...

Vision of course for the mentioned reasons! Greatest community, almost no emos and egos, people playing for the fun but still successfull.. Was a very nice alliance to play in.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 01:39   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

I like to reiterate, we were never in a pre arranged block for that round.

We started out the round with the normal setup we had for those rounds 3 naps. 1 smaller, one medium and one larger. 1 smaller to recruit good players from. One our own size to team up with, and one bigger to avoid heavy incs from top alliances on our bigger planets.

There was talks of preblocks forming, but as far as we were concerned we were never there.
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 05:14   #41
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Blah Blah Blah, ND and CT are clearly the best alliances ever. You dont think so? who else has the bollocks to nap everyone? every single round?

Fury wouldnt have the courage to nap everyone for a single round, let alone 15 rounds in a row.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 14:07   #42
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
no one trolls like you can jbg, don't expect others to ever reach that level
Heh, I beg to differ
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 14:23   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I like to reiterate, we were never in a pre arranged block for that round.

We started out the round with the normal setup we had for those rounds 3 naps. 1 smaller, one medium and one larger. 1 smaller to recruit good players from. One our own size to team up with, and one bigger to avoid heavy incs from top alliances on our bigger planets.

There was talks of preblocks forming, but as far as we were concerned we were never there.
Like this one time, someone accused us of blocking but we actually just napped 3 alliances and co-ordinated attacks with one of them and instead of a block we called it a sasquatch so really we didn't block at all and that's a totally unfair accusation.
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 14:41   #44
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Like this one time, someone accused us of blocking but we actually just napped 3 alliances and co-ordinated attacks with one of them and instead of a block we called it a sasquatch so really we didn't block at all and that's a totally unfair accusation.
Technically, if the three alliances TGV were working with (despite your own admission that they were only working with one out of 3) weren't working with each other as well, it wasn't a block.

...Kargool?
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 15:10   #45
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to see Webangel back with TCF (The Crazy Frogs).
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 15:34   #46
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

Deus!

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 15:51   #47
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Not an alliance - a person

To watch him run shadowy political stances and inovative game play round the lot of you, myself included!

Mr Synthetic Sid
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 16:54   #48
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Not an alliance - a person

To watch him run shadowy political stances and inovative game play round the lot of you, myself included!

Mr Synthetic Sid
Sid was just Zhils public persona.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 17:10   #49
Tietäjä
Good Son

hi mazzelaar where is killghost
Unread 14 Jan 2011, 17:13   #50
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
hi mazzelaar where is killghost
Last I heard he was away with the pointy eared WoW brigade. Very un-sqrl behaviour.

How you doing bud?

Quote: