User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Jan 2011, 12:52   #151
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: rd 40 predictions... go go go

the no meant it was not a serious prediction. You are seriously crediting gm with deeper layers of intelligence than he has thus far displayed.

I love the little scottish cnut like, but he aint half thick
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 13:15   #152
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
the no meant it was not a serious prediction. You are seriously crediting gm with deeper layers of intelligence than he has thus far displayed.

I love the little scottish cnut like, but he aint half thick
He asked 2 questions, then answered them with the no. Not really deeper layers of intelligence.

Let me show you

The prediction i made in this thread was before ticks started, so it was bound to be off. It was before the blockfest and apprime running away with the lead. but was my prediction written in blood? and do i think that Apprime will win the round now? No.

The no doesnt mean my previous prediction wasnt serious when i made it. Its simply answering my own question.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 15:47   #153
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

You asked yourself a completly different question than gm asked himself. I just don't get where you are going with this.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 15:49   #154
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Hai light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
He asked 2 questions, then answered them with the no. Not really deeper layers of intelligence.

Let me show you

The prediction i made in this thread was before ticks started, so it was bound to be off. It was before the blockfest and apprime running away with the lead. but was my prediction written in blood? and do i think that Apprime will win the round now? No.

The no doesnt mean my previous prediction wasnt serious when i made it. Its simply answering my own question.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 17:42   #155
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You asked yourself a completly different question than gm asked himself. I just don't get where you are going with this.
Yeah, the point is that the 'No' isn't disregarding the prediction as sarcasm or a joke. Its simply answering the quesiton GM asked himself, which was weither his prediction was made in blood (i.e. couldnt be changed).

You dont seem to have a very good understanding of english. You do realise the order of words, determines whats being said? Him putting "No" after asking himself a question, refers to him answering that question. It does not mean he's implying that his post which was made 3 days ago was sarcasm, as theres no context for that.

However, to help you out some more...I will quote the post in question you're somehow saying i missed the sarcasm:
Quote:
#1 - App
#2 - CT
#3 - ND
#4 - Rock
#5 - ODDR
Could you tell me where the sarcasm i missed? in his post in a prediction thread? Which looks like a pretty accurate prediction on how the round was progressing at the time he posted?

Are you implying he was being sarcastic? as theres no way CT would finish 2nd? when everyone expects them to finish 4th or 5th? As thats the only joke i can see in that prediction.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 30 Jan 2011 at 17:48.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 18:04   #156
DarkHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
my prediction was also before other developments and was based on the fencefest, obviously things have changed and ofc we are playing to win but was my prediction written in blood and what i really thing the outcome of the round will be?? no.
Commenting on his prediction in the past tense. Not a prediction which reflects his thought, as the answer to his question reveals

Quote:
Commenting on your prediction in the present tense. A modified prediction which reflects your thoughts, as the answer to your question reveals

I understand the flow of words perfectly fine Light my friend, you however seem to be fabricating the flow of words to suit your rather misguided notion that gm was being serious, and maybe this past / present tense issue is where you have become confused.

Where's the sarcasm? A hc of an ally who said pre round they are aiming to win then predicting they will be 2nd. It really is the lowest form of wit.

He clearly said his prediction was not how he thought the outcome of the round would be. Ergo. not a serious prediction. And so the cycle of past present and the future unwinds, the waves of time eroding the cliffs of life.

Fly me to the moon and let me play amonst the stars. Let me know what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 18:43   #157
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Commenting on his prediction in the past tense. Not a prediction which reflects his thought, as the answer to his question reveals
Of course he was commenting on his prediction in the past tense, as it was in the past and no longer relevent now theres a block in place.

Quote:
I understand the flow of words perfectly fine Light my friend, you however seem to be fabricating the flow of words to suit your rather misguided notion that gm was being serious, and maybe this past / present tense issue is where you have become confused.
So he commented on his prediction? then asked 2 questions and then said no to answer those questions. I dont see whats hard to understand.

Quote:
Where's the sarcasm? A hc of an ally who said pre round they are aiming to win then predicting they will be 2nd.
Nope, thats CT for you. GM said himself he made that prediction when the round looked to be a fencefest, where everyone thought Apprime would be running off to #1.

Quote:
He clearly said his prediction was not how he thought the outcome of the round would be. Ergo. not a serious prediction. And so the cycle of past present and the future unwinds, the waves of time eroding the cliffs of life.
No, he said that was his prediction BEFORE the block. Then he said his prediction wasnt set in stone and not how he thinks the round will play out now.

Seriously, look at his prediction post... There's no sarcasm in it, its a prediction in a prediction thread.. and was a pretty realistic prediction at the time of posting.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 18:55   #158
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, this is certainly an interesting and thought provoking discussion.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 18:58   #159
DarkHeart

Quote:
No, he said that was his prediction BEFORE the block. Then he said his prediction wasnt set in stone and not how he thinks the round will play out now.
I would ike to use this oppertunity to reiterate there was most certainly no usage of the word now in gms post

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
was my prediction written in blood

and what i really thing the outcome of the round will be??

no.
you really need to stop adding that word 'now' into your posts, it appears to be confusing your understanding of events and context. I reiterate.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 19:05   #160
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I would ike to use this oppertunity to reiterate there was most certainly no usage of the word now in gms post

you really need to stop adding that word 'now' into your posts, it appears to be confusing your understanding of events and context. I reiterate.
huh? He justified why his post said Apprime at the top, that it was when the round looked to be a fencefest.. Then he said 'is my prediction written in blood'? as in, it can change..... and it isnt how he thinks the round will go now? Unless you're going to say, GM thinks apprime will finish #1 with CT #2? If not, then your point is pretty moot as my statement is correct regardless of weither GM said the word 'now' or not.

Stop picking one word and trying to prove a point with it. At the end of the day, when GM made that prediction.. it was not a sarcastic prediction or a joke. You can argue that it was a political prediction to try and get people to help fight Apprime but thats not what you're doing.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 19:12   #161
DarkHeart

this is just cyclical, and unfortuantely that one word is the source of it all light. Read the way ive broken up gms quoute into multiple lines. HE said his prediction was not how he though the round would be, the no part clarifying that he didn't think that was the way the round would be when he made the prediction. That is undisputable, yet you are arguing against it, and changing his exact words and adding in your own to validate your complete miss on the joke and subsequent high horse defense to try and prove you are not a humourless troll.

Stick a fork in me im done. Enjoy the rest of the thread wherever it may take you
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 19:21   #162
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
this is just cyclical, and unfortuantely that one word is the source of it all light. Read the way ive broken up gms quoute into multiple lines. HE said his prediction was not how he though the round would be, the no part clarifying that he didn't think that was the way the round would be when he made the prediction. That is undisputable, yet you are arguing against it, and changing his exact words and adding in your own to validate your complete miss on the joke and subsequent high horse defense to try and prove you are not a humourless troll.

Stick a fork in me im done. Enjoy the rest of the thread wherever it may take you
You broke it down into one line and ignored all the others which imply his post was serious as he was justifying it.

And just bcus he said that it might not be what he actually thought would happen, does not make it a sarcastic post.

There was no joke in that prediction, just take a look at the page before his prediction... nearly every prediction is roughly the same as GM's. Hell, my prediction has apprime in #1 and if i were to predict who would finish 1st now? I'd still say Apprime as i doubt the block will stay together long enough to kill off Apprime.

I would have no argument, if you said that it wasnt what he thought but he posted it to try and get people to gang up on Apprime, that it was politically motivated. However, you cant just say it was a joke when it clearly wasnt.
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 19:52   #163
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If this thread was a box of needles, would we find the point?
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 21:22   #164
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

probably just find an empty box
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 23:45   #165
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
If this thread was a box of needles, would we find the point?
If this thread was a box of needles, it would have lots of points.
Unread 31 Jan 2011, 00:09   #166
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

is a needle still a needle if it doesnt have a point?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2011, 01:28   #167
DarkHeart

a non pointed stick maybe. i dunno though, im no expert in this field
Unread 31 Jan 2011, 08:54   #168
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

This is like DarkHeart starts to bang his head on the wall.. and Light thought wtf that is annoying and starts to bang her head in the wall to make DarkHeart stop....

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2011, 14:09   #169
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Well, this is certainly an interesting and thought provoking discussion.
Yes, its keeping me up at night to

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 02:16   #170
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

I said at the start of this round, that Rock was just a training alliance. I was wrong as i implied that the members of Rock needed training. By coinicidence i was right, just not as i thought; apparently Rock HC needed some training in politics. I can only hope, after this round ends, that they've learnt there lesson, which it took CT 6 rounds to learn. If an alliance beats everyone hands down in quality, you have to keep a block together until that alliance can no longer fight for #1.

cant blame Rock, they're just a training alliance. The HC need to be trained.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 06:50   #171
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

lol **** off light, ROCK is doing great

Finally retired
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 09:47   #172
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
lol **** off light, ROCK is doing great
At being the flak boys?
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 10:28   #173
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ROCK has a fairly long history of aligning themselves with a stronger alliance. It's happened several times with Ascendancy and, unless my memory fails me, at least once before with Apprime as well.

However, labelling them as glory hunters is unfair. I can't remember the last time they broke such an agreement, regardless of whether it was helping them or not. History shows that they would be just as unwilling to terminate an agreement with Apprime if they were losing.

Nor, by the way, do I think that ROCK can be compared to ND in r38, as Light seems to be portraying them. They're not exactly an eXi or Ascendancy and the round is far from over. Be less defeatist, please.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 11:20   #174
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
ROCK has a fairly long history of aligning themselves with a stronger alliance. It's happened several times with Ascendancy and, unless my memory fails me, at least once before with Apprime as well.

However, labelling them as glory hunters is unfair. I can't remember the last time they broke such an agreement, regardless of whether it was helping them or not. History shows that they would be just as unwilling to terminate an agreement with Apprime if they were losing.
I could have sworn you just described a flak alliance there?
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 12:22   #175
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I could have sworn you just described a flak alliance there?
We at least never used them as such. Regardless, I think the label of "flak alliance" does not necessarily apply. Cooperation between uneven partners can be beneficial for all sides. So far ROCK seem to be doing better than at any point in, er, forever.

By the way, I for one am happy that they're not afraid to get involved in politics. That puts them one step above all the other lower tier alliances and, potentially, depending on the choices they make, one step above most top alliances.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 14:15   #176
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
So does CT and we all know what there reputation is.

Quote:
The question is why did they make the agreement? The game needed Apprime to be knocked down and 2 nights of incs wasnt enough.

Quote:
Nor, by the way, do I think that ROCK can be compared to ND in r38, as Light seems to be portraying them. They're not exactly an eXi or Ascendancy and the round is far from over. Be less defeatist, please.
Im confused? You just said that Rock will be unwilling to terminate there agreement with Apprime and ODDR has been friendly with Apprime all round?

So Apprime/ODDR/Rock will last for the round? I dont quiet understand what can chance if Rock isnt willing to switch sides?

Quote:
We at least never used them as such. Regardless, I think the label of "flak alliance" does not necessarily apply. Cooperation between uneven partners can be beneficial for all sides. So far ROCK seem to be doing better than at any point in, er, forever.
Doing a CT and nap'ing to #2 isnt really a good political move, its generally regarded as one of the shittest moves an alliance can do especially when they have the potential and opportunity to fight for #1.

Quote:
By the way, I for one am happy that they're not afraid to get involved in politics. That puts them one step above all the other lower tier alliances and, potentially, depending on the choices they make, one step above most top alliances.
Not afraid to get involved in politics? They've basically nap'd the #1 alliance and now have superior numbers and superior quality(apprime) and can idle the round out in #2.

Just stop for a second and think what you'd be saying if it was CT doing this crap move (as it does look like the usual thing CT would do) instead of Rock.
Here's a timeline for you to judge the move:
1. Apprime starts taking an early lead, its obvious to all that they need to be stopped.
2. A block forms to hit Apprime.. Its mainly Rock/CT/ND but afew others tag along
3. ODDR goes friendly with Apprime.
4. Block does 2 nights of ptargetting on Apprime, then 2 nights of gal raiding.
5. Apprime goes down to 2nd but still has all there value and only 8k behind on roids.
6. Rock switches sides and joins Apprime/ODDR to hit CT/ND.
7. Its now Apprime/Rock/ODDR vs CT/ND.

Now as you said? Rock is unlikely to back out on agreements so that wont change. ODDR has been friendly with Apprime for most the round, so thats unlikely to change. xVx is playing for planet/gal rank and so they wont help ND/CT try to fight off the block.

So, Rock has took what could of been a highly interesting round which would of had 4 nearly equally matched alliances fighting for #1 as soon as Apprime was dead. Instead, now we have a week of the block killing CT/ND then roidracing to victory.

Last edited by Light; 1 Feb 2011 at 14:37.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 15:31   #177
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I fundamentally disagree with lumping ROCK into the same category as CT. They could almost not be more different, quite frankly.

For starters, ROCK has absolutely never been a contender for #1. In 38 or 39 rounds, they've never even come close to being in the race. Even this round, regardless of whether we take the current political situation into accound, I would probably not list them in my top 3 (though it's a close call).

On the other hand, CT has won several rounds (long ago, admittedly), have stated they were going for #1 this round and are indeed currently ranked #1, with a very comfortable value advantage. They have also made regular appearances in the top 3.

You are also overestimating the impact either ROCK or ODDR will have in any protracted war, unless either of them recruited half of Ascendancy while I wasn't looking. But they didn't, because (god knows why) they are in fact part of ND.

It's still CT's round to lose. Maybe we could all refrain from running around hailing forth the apocalypse, that'd be great.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 15:42   #178
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I fundamentally disagree with lumping ROCK into the same category as CT. They could almost not be more different, quite frankly.
In the past maybe.

Quote:
For starters, ROCK has absolutely never been a contender for #1. In 38 or 39 rounds, they've never even come close to being in the race. Even this round, regardless of whether we take the current political situation into accound, I would probably not list them in my top 3 (though it's a close call).
This round, they was certainly a contender for #1; From what ive seen, they're easily as strong as ND or CT. I get the feeling, you're just looking at the numbers and havent actually seen whats happend this round? Rocks attacks have been pretty strong and organised, certainly on par with ND/CT if not better as they bother to send/recall/send

Quote:
On the other hand, CT has won several rounds (long ago, admittedly), have stated they were going for #1 this round and are indeed currently ranked #1, with a very comfortable value advantage. They have also made regular appearances in the top 3.
The past has no bearing on weither Rock has just done a completly shit political move which we've come to expect from CT. I also had a discussion with Assassin yesturday and he was adamant that Rock has been a top-tiered alliance for the majority of its existance even though its never won a round.

Quote:
You are also overestimating the impact either ROCK or ODDR will have in any protracted war, unless either of them recruited half of Ascendancy while I wasn't looking. But they didn't, because (god knows why) they are in fact part of ND.
You're underestimating the impact that Rock will have as you seem to be basing your opinion on the past and not on what they've been doing this round. Take last nights gangbang on ND.. who launched the most fleets on ND? Rock, by far. Who launched the most fleets on CT? think it was Rock again (but not sure, it was close if it wasnt Rock).

Quote:
It's still CT's round to lose. Maybe we could all refrain from running around hailing forth the apocalypse, that'd be great.
How is it? Theres 3 (4 if you include xVx who has been joining in on the attacks, although i think thats more of going for easy roids on a streched alliance rather than blocking) alliances vs ND/CT with Apprime having much higher quality.

Its the same as when a block formed to fight Asc, then failed too quickly. Yeah, CT was in the lead but it doesnt mean they're favourites or its there round to lose.. As Asc was closing in fast. The only difference this round, is the favourite alliance has a block helping them close in even faster and as you said earlier.. that block is unlikely to end as rock is so 'loyal'.

At the end of the day, Rock has gone for fighting for #1 to nap'ing for #2 (or #3 depending on ODDR's roidracing abilitys) when its not even half way through the round and they had a viable option for #1. It wouldnt be a bad political move, if they had a plan to take down Apprime or any plan on what to do after ND/CT are dead. However, once ND/CT are dead, there's no way they stop Apprime. Rock didnt just go neutral, they went switched sides and went to war with ND/CT, If they were neutral.. ND/CT would at least have a chance against Apprime/ODDR.

Last edited by Light; 1 Feb 2011 at 16:15.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 16:27   #179
Gliga

Gliga has a spectacular aura aboutGliga has a spectacular aura about

i got idea , let app win in T200 and rest of u fight for #2, oh and rename ourselfs to Imperia. Rounds like that are much more interesting right ? Loseing 100 "planets" per round (last few round) is deffo proof thats much better then constant takeovers / spys / fakelogs etc.
No1 is safe this way and makes round much more interesting.
Gliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 16:45   #180
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
who launched the most fleets on ND? Rock, by far
helped by some vacmode fleeing

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 16:53   #181
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I am not actually playing, so yes, I'm just a spectator sitting on the outside looking in. Thankfully we have (various) sandmans(es) back, which, together with Munin access and the power of deductive reasoning can paint quite a good picture. I've been doing it for over a year now. Funny thing about spectators: they often have a better idea of what's going on than the players.

That said, I assume you're of good faith, and obviously I'm not omnicognent, so I'll take your word that Rock sent lots of fleets on ND last night. That does make me wonder though, how come they only gained 484 roids today?

Additionally, from past experiences with and in Rock we can determine what kind of alliance they are. Looking at their HCs and a few of their members (though Ascendancy intel seems to be sorely lacking on that last bit, which is another indicator), I see no breaks with the past, nor a sudden influx of experienced top tier players.

So the only way they can be a top tier alliance now is if, as Assassin said, they have always been one. What exactly demonstrates this is indeed the case? Did they have any top 3 finishes? Get any impressive military achievements? Do they have some commonly recognized political masterminds? A reputation for devious strategies? I am pretty sure the answer to all these questions is in the negative, but feel free to convince me otherwise.

As for the inevitablity of CT's and ND's complete destruction, no alliance currently has that capacity, not even Apprime. And even if they do, it'd take a long enough time for the political landscape to change quite drastically. If that doesn't happen, then you're in trouble, not a moment before.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Feb 2011 at 16:53. Reason: force of habit: I wouldn't be in trouble, just the rest of you o/
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 17:14   #182
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I am not actually playing, so yes, I'm just a spectator sitting on the outside looking in. Thankfully we have (various) sandmans(es) back, which, together with Munin access and the power of deductive reasoning can paint quite a good picture. I've been doing it for over a year now. Funny thing about spectators: they often have a better idea of what's going on than the players.
Spectators can and often do have a better view of the whole game but they can miss vital bits of info. I just dont think Rock is as weak as people are trying to make out, time will tell though.

Quote:
That said, I assume you're of good faith, and obviously I'm not omnicognent, so I'll take your word that Rock sent lots of fleets on ND last night. That does make me wonder though, how come they only gained 484 roids today?
got it confirmed to double check and Rock launched by far the most fleets on ND last night. I dont know why they gained so little, Could be that the other alliances got the majority of there gains from other targets in ND gals. ND lost less than 6% of there roids last night, which seems alittle low considering there were 4 alliances hitting them.

You could argue that Rock was being used as flak.

Quote:
Additionally, from past experiences with and in Rock we can determine what kind of alliance they are. Looking at their HCs and a few of their members (though Ascendancy intel seems to be sorely lacking on that last bit, which is another indicator), I see no breaks with the past, nor a sudden influx of experienced top tier players.
The thing is, How many 'top tier' players would you say CT has? xVx seems to have the most top-tiered players on paper (apart from Apprime) but they're all playing for planet/galaxy rank.

Quote:
So the only way they can be a top tier alliance now is if, as Assassin said, they have always been one. What exactly demonstrates this is indeed the case? Did they have any top 3 finishes? Get any impressive military achievements? Do they have some commonly recognized political masterminds? A reputation for devious strategies? I am pretty sure the answer to all these questions is in the negative, but feel free to convince me otherwise.
I agree with you on this point, that they wasnt a top-tiered alliance. I spent yesturday arguing the point that Rock has spent the majority of its rounds being lower-tiered. So, i cant really convince you there.

Quote:
As for the inevitablity of CT's and ND's complete destruction, no alliance currently has that capacity, not even Apprime. And even if they do, it'd take a long enough time for the political landscape to change quite drastically. If that doesn't happen, then you're in trouble, not a moment before.
I dont think they need to complete destroy ND/CT, as once they're damaged.. either of the alliances could fight them and win 1v1 with there value/roid advantage. Its question of, if CT/ND does get damaged, will they still have the moral or will to fight Apprime (If there block falls apart)? Im not really concerned about ND/CT getting wtfpwned as that doesnt really make Rocks decision good or bad for there round. Im just annoyed by the decision, as i cant see anything but an Apprime win unless Rock changes sides and its never good when the round-winner is decided before we're even half way through the round.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 17:20   #183
Firebird

Btw all this adding oddr to the equation was horse crap! ODDR stated that they would stay out of it and did so. You as ND CT squabbling screwed your own hopes up by not being able to work with one another long enough to take app out.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 18:46   #184
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

As much as Rock has a low-tier reputation in PA, they have won multiple rounds in the larger PA-clones. From the people i have seen popping in and out this round i'd say they have had quite some of the top-tier players from those games this round.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 19:09   #185
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
As much as Rock has a low-tier reputation in PA, they have won multiple rounds in the larger PA-clones. From the people i have seen popping in and out this round i'd say they have had quite some of the top-tier players from those games this round.
I played one of those PA clones (in fact, Rock was the first 'real' alliance I was ever in), and they won a couple of rounds as part of a block, but I'm quite sure they were not the main force of that block. That said, while I did play those rounds, I was not in any alliance at the time.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Feb 2011 at 19:14.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 19:16   #186
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

we got sexy players that's better then top tier alliances trust me

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 19:26   #187
HeimdallR

The rock nap with oddr shaped the round so far as i see it, and it made us keep neutral and not nap APP.
Despite what many believe, this is still keeping the round interesting, and keeping the top 4 alliances close together.
there really is no oddr app rock block going, cause rock and app go at each other now and then.

And at this point, except for a few skermishes, and a few nights of gangbanging that every top 5 alliance had the joy to experience.
None of the top 5 can say they actually could afford warring another one couple of days in a row without risking the other 3 to gain to much of an advantage.

At this point, whoever gets to fat will get hit by atleast 2 - 3 others, and if we really were up APP's ass like some are suggesting round after round, we would have done something about the gangbanging on APP.

Finally retired
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 20:01   #188
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
The rock nap with oddr shaped the round so far as i see it, and it made us keep neutral and not nap APP.
Despite what many believe, this is still keeping the round interesting, and keeping the top 4 alliances close together.
there really is no oddr app rock block going, cause rock and app go at each other now and then.
I heard you had an avoidance agreement with Apprime

and theres no block going on? as Rock and App go at each other now and then? hmmmmm?

Rock switching sides happend on sunday?
on sunday, Rock targetted CT
on sunday, Apprime targetted CT
on monday, Rock targetted ND
on monday, Apprime targetted ND

Dont quiet understand your point? unless you're trying to say theres no block or agreement as Rock hit Apprime before the agreement?

Also, your nap hasnt done much for the round, considering the only thing that kept it interesting was the block which knocked Apprime down which ODDR wasnt a major player in; Thats what kept the top5 together.

Quote:
And at this point, except for a few skermishes, and a few nights of gangbanging that every top 5 alliance had the joy to experience.
None of the top 5 can say they actually could afford warring another one couple of days in a row without risking the other 3 to gain to much of an advantage.
ODDR has not been gangbanged and neither have Rock

Quote:
At this point, whoever gets to fat will get hit by atleast 2 - 3 others, and if we really were up APP's ass like some are suggesting round after round, we would have done something about the gangbanging on APP.
That really isnt how the politics is shaping up. With the naps in place and upcoming naps, any fat alliance will have immunity from 2 other alliances, leaving only 1 or 2 alliances to try to fight them. As Apprime is of higher quality this round, its highly likely that they will be able to regain there lost roids quickly and be able to hold onto them alot easier.

Nearly everything in your post was incorrect, It just seems like more ODDR propoganda. I lol'd when i heard ODDR was trying to spread that Asc members in ND wanted to jumpship to ODDR, fail PR.
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 20:47   #189
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

oh my god oddr and rock has always been loyal to each other as for app hitting nd same day as rock coincidence rock is not napping universe i only see oddr in top 5 we napped as for gangbanged we have had our fair share of incoming that's what alliance points is about we had ct xvx apprime 3 nights on trot.

i did notice it was said we gangraped apprime only 2 nights makes ya think don't it.

nd gets hit 1 night and they cry like bitches cause they tried too sit it out they wanted to join the incoming on ct that's all easy roids.

nd hasn't had that much incoming yet when they do they complain.

will rock hit apprime again probably but its nd who has the roids, which rocks all about the rock(roids) pardon the pun.

when nd has less roids we will look to who has roids and we probably go there relax enjoy the round and stop taking it so serious.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 22:32   #190
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, i didnt state to Light that ROCK were ever in contendership to win the round (except think the only time ROCK came even remotley close to winning was round 23?) But its always been involved in some way or another in wars/blocks. Also i had a look at the PA Wikki, unfortunatly i cant find any allie rankings between Rounds 5-10 which was the era ROCK had a smaller tag called ROCKjr which it would send its recruits too and earn the right to be promoted to the main ROCK Tag (ran by Thely, Tauc_Redfox and Myself back in the old days and this is explained more on the PA Wikki) But i do recall ROCK having a fair few good rounds in those periods (hence why it had enough to run ROCKjr tag as well as the main ROCK wing.) Also on one occasion Sid himself once did quote in a convo with TGO (ROCKS Founder) that he was impressed with ROCKS defence.. we were once famous for that. But your correct, ROCK has unfortunatly bounced around the rankings quite a bit which i do admit, so ive just listed below the times and rankings of ROCK ending in the top 10 below:

7th Round 11
7th Round 18
4th Round 22
3rd Round 23
5th Round 24
7th Round 25
5th Round 27
6th Round 28
7th Round 29
8th Round 30
5th Round 31
8th Round 32

So ROCKs highest Rank has been 3rd apparently (cant tell for the missing rounds mentioned above) Hopefully we can maybe get higher this round. But ROCKs goals will always be to have fun, and of course if we end high with planets/gals along the way we will be happy with that.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 00:45   #191
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

under mikeb rock was a great allie to CT, fought hard with us and not scared of hitting the big guys.

its good to see them doing well and having 4-5 contenders is a welcome change.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 07:38   #192
HeimdallR

Quote:
Also, your nap hasnt done much for the round, considering the only thing that kept it interesting was the block which knocked Apprime down which ODDR wasnt a major player in; Thats what kept the top5 together.

Nearly everything in your post was incorrect, It just seems like more ODDR propoganda. I lol'd when i heard ODDR was trying to spread that Asc members in ND wanted to jumpship to ODDR, fail PR.
oooh , it was very important that we didn't get involved, cause we would have backed app at that point no doubt. certainly seeing ND came after us start of round. but to keep round interesting we stayed out of it.

on asc rumour, If it was going around, it wasn't something we spread, and as far as i know, before they joined nd, we were approached by some of them to join ODDR. but we were close to full tag. but we dropped the ball there.

Now stop debating on stuff you know nothing about

Finally retired
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 10:29   #193
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
oooh , it was very important that we didn't get involved, cause we would have backed app at that point no doubt. certainly seeing ND came after us start of round. but to keep round interesting we stayed out of it.
Yes, but what exactly would of happend if you backed App? At that point, as people keep pointing out.. it was 6 alliances vs App.

Quote:
on asc rumour, If it was going around, it wasn't something we spread, and as far as i know, before they joined nd, we were approached by some of them to join ODDR. but we were close to full tag. but we dropped the ball there.
Greg spread it, so yes.. ODDR spread it

Nearly every alliance got approached to see if it was viable.
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 14:16   #194
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nearly every alliance got approached to see if it was viable.
Actually only ND and insomnia got approached by me. I have no idea who contacted oddr, I'd only assume it was certain individual members. Which, considering ODDR had space for like 5 people, means I'm not quite following what actually happened.
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 18:12   #195
HeimdallR

Quote:
Greg spread it, so yes.. ODDR spread it
Now your just talking shit, He might have mentioned something when he got approached, but he wasn't spreading rumours, only one i see doing that is you

Finally retired
Unread 2 Feb 2011, 23:14   #196
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Actually only ND and insomnia got approached by me. I have no idea who contacted oddr, I'd only assume it was certain individual members. Which, considering ODDR had space for like 5 people, means I'm not quite following what actually happened.
Sorry, i presumed when he said that ODDR got contacted, that you'd talked to more alliances that i didnt know of and decided on just Ins/ND as viable. Seems he got bad intel, as i dont think anyone would of contacted them other than you?
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 10:26   #197
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Once again a common theme appears in posts:

"Such and such alliance is gifting $NO1ALLIANCE the round by shit play."

"If only such and such alliance had more ambition and backbone then $NO1ALLIANCE wouldn't have such an easy round."

"Such and such alliance is causing stagnation by settling for no.2 as they always do. This means that $NO1ALLIANCE can sit back and idle on their fat lead."

Surely it's time to either accept that the flawed game design pretty much assures these conditions, or stop whining and try and do something about it?

Either become HC of such and such alliance, and change them from within or stop worrying about other alliances and do something yourself!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 18:50   #198
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Sorry, i presumed when he said that ODDR got contacted, that you'd talked to more alliances that i didnt know of and decided on just Ins/ND as viable. Seems he got bad intel, as i dont think anyone would of contacted them other than you?
It wasn't said JBG contacted us
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 21:12   #199
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If someone contacted you and said they could bring the rest of ascendancy with them if you made space intag they were either lying to you or a complete idiot. As nobody else publically talked about this in ascendancy bar me in relation to ND and insomnia and the idea that someone could just up and say "hey guys, we're moving to oddr, i've just sorted it!" and everyone would agree is laughable.

PS It was timpayne wasn't it? I ****ing hate that guy.
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 17:44   #200
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

I don't think it was ever discussed they would bring the rest of ASC and frankly there was no room for that. Some members contacted us to join ODDR that's it. that they did it without you knowing about it is another matter.