User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:07   #51
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Apprime & Imperia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Personally, I think we failed this round because we suck on a consistent basis. We've only been saying that we're not that strong any more for 5 rounds now, apparently that hasn't quite sunk in yet!
I never got into the reasons of Ascendancy's failure, i'll take your word for the situation within Ascendancy as i have no knowledge of that.

[strike]All i did was saying[/strike] All i meant to point out was, that maybe Ascendancy should stop the bullshit forum trolling, and concentrate on getting that win that they claim every alliance should be after so badly.

I'll grant Ascendancy the price of best alliance propaganda again tho... yet that is very little of a surprise as you've been winning that ever since the first round you played.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:20   #52
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Lok: Thats the most useless refutation i've ever seen you put forward!
You don't challenge my central point that is we were stuck in a hole and we kept digging, its not relevant that they are perfidious rank whores, we have said that about both our other current allies at some point or other. ND did exactly the same last round.... so who did we end the round allied too?
Imperia did not definitively 'kill the round stone dead' WE DID by making sure they took the final leap, they might not have had we not attacked them, it was worth waiting to see if they did so themselves. The round is only stone dead once the politics have solidified, they were cooling but had not solidified.
My problem is that if we have a higher ideal, to keep things interesting, why did we conspire in making sure they made it uninteresting.
All you advocate is that in response to their being ruled buy their personal planetary ambitions we should be ruled by fits of pique, or revenge for their not living up to our standards of what you do in planetarion, ie hit the guys up top, Because they wont do so we can engage in exactly the same sin? but we are right to do so because they did it first?
Whatever their flaws as an alliance, compare them to angels or whatever, they are there, they are what we have to work with if the situation is to change, go stick your head in the sand and pray for a utopia if you like.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:21   #53
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

next round i wait with paying for my account until i know if my ally wants to actually become #1, or do something other useful, ..

i'm probably having more fun in ruining then not even trying to become the #1 ally.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:35   #54
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
. I'll also never say that Imperia hasn't failed to get best out of the situation they were in.
YOU COULD WIN!
Quote:
. However i see very little Imperia whining on this board, so i suppose the average Imperia member feels otherwise. But it's the Ascendancy troll squad whining all over again.
Might have something to do with about 3/4 of all posters on the board being asc, your Imps are always silent.

Quote:
Ofc it's all about playing the hand you've been dealt with to your best advantage, and i feel that the hand that was dealt to Imperia (mostly by their own actions) had little chance of resulting in a round win.
IMP Has as good a chance of winning if we take down app as Asc does!

Quote:
. Which would only result in a second place if Apprime had been defeated with devastating numbers AND they could keep outgrowing Ascendancy (With CT and likely ND hitting them again as soon as Apprime shown signs of imminent defeat).
Really, we are quite far behind, all you have to do is deal with your CT/ND problem, which lets face it, you need to do if you wish to continue as an ally.

Quote:
I won't say i agree with Imperia's decision to side with Apprime, but i can understand why they chose to do so.
All that u just justified (after a fashion) you dont agree with, in which case, you are just one of those non-existant whining Imps!
Quote:
Personally i feel fighting and losing beholds greater honour than idling to a 'win'.
REALLY, then do something!
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:41   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I never said coming second isn't failing. I'll also never say that Imperia hasn't failed to get best out of the situation they were in. However i see very little Imperia whining on this board, so i suppose the average Imperia member feels otherwise. But it's the Ascendancy troll squad whining all over again. And i can tell you this, the major part of the community has grown sick of the negative additude some Ascendancy members have been displaying on these boards over the years. And while i can understand the frustration Ascendancy members are currently having obviously, i feel it is time for them to look at themself for a change.
This is actually a fairly reasonable reply so I'll respond in kind. In general you're going to see a lot of ascendancy talking on these forums. We make up most of the forum using population. This means that if we lose we complain and if we win we brag and if we see something interesting to talk about we talk about it.

Realistically I think most ascendancy members have recognised the problems we (although to be honest there's not much of me in that we anymore) have. We're relatively inactive, undisciplined, pretty apathetic and unwilling to stretch ourselves in almost any sense. These aren't really "intellectual" problems though so discussing them, except in terms of acknowledging they're there (they are) and what impact they have (they mean we suck), is pretty pointless.

Quote:
Ofc it's all about playing the hand you've been dealt with to your best advantage, and i feel that the hand that was dealt to Imperia (mostly by their own actions) had little chance of resulting in a round win.

So when time came to choose, Imperia had to choose the better of two evils. They could either side with Ascendancy. Which would only result in a second place if Apprime had been defeated with devastating numbers AND they could keep outgrowing Ascendancy (With CT and likely ND hitting them again as soon as Apprime shown signs of imminent defeat). Or side with Apprime, knowing they would get incs from Asc/CT/ND, which they've proven to withstand by now, whilst they could target Asc/CT/ND together. Which would secure them a certain 2nd place.
There are a lot of problems with your political analysis here. I don't think this is anything unique or due to any ignorance on your behalf though. Partly this is due to the way people approach pa, whereby the important thing really is the ranks you end up with as opposed to the enjoyment they're supposed to symbolise. I'm really not calling anyone an evil rank whore here or anything, it's just natural to view the results as more important than the performance because, well, that's what the world tells us pretty much all the time.

That said mostly it's just a lack of imagination, mainly because of a completely normal psychological flaw people have. Everyone likes a good story. I mean look at what would have had to happen. We work together to defeat Apprime. This is hardly likely to be something that's all over inside a couple of days. That leaves plenty of time for changes in people's political outlooks on the round. In fact those are almost guaranteed. By working with other people you have the opportunity to alter their opinion of you, positively or negatively, and by putting in actual effort into repairing the damage your alliance's image took from the get-go you could have significantly improved your position in time to mount a genuine challenge for #1.

Of course this assumes that you're actually interested in winning the round. No offence but the last sentence in what I just quoted there could best be summed up as "our preferred option was avoiding incs and working with the #1 alliance to secure ourselves a #2 spot".

Quote:
So basicly Imperia had to chose between fighting Apprime in a gangrape, probably prolonging the effective round by 200-300 ticks, but being very likely to loose their 2nd place.
As i've said before, not really. In reality most rounds of pa, which haven't been effectively over by tick 500, haven't been easy to predict at all in the sense of someone actually accurately describing the way political developments would pan out. Again I understand that most people only look back at what happened and think "well, that was obvious" but it's really not the case.

Quote:
A feeling that was confirmed by Ascendancy attacking ODDR and ToF during the Imp/Asc NAP. or lock-up the round early, and secure their 2nd place.
Please stop referring to 2nd place as if its any more worthwhile than 42nd

Quote:
I won't say i agree with Imperia's decision to side with Apprime, but i can understand why they chose to do so. I personally would have loved to see Imperia pick the side of Asc, and setting up a cooperation which would have led to a longer effective round. Even if that would have resulted in a backstab from Ascendancy in the event of Apprime's defeat.
I really don't think a backstab in the sense of us actually breaking a political agreement was a likely outcome. Obviously if we had a nap with an expiry time and blah blah etc that's a wholly different state of affairs.

Quote:
Personally i feel fighting and losing beholds greater honour than idling to a 'win'.
I know you used inverted commas but really what imperia is doing right now cannot be described in any sense as 'winning'.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:47   #56
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
REALLY, then do something!
I tried, it resulted in my mate (who was the one executing the plan) getting kicked from Imperia, after that i tried to reason with HC again which failed. after that, I took my losses and left Imperia 3 days ago.

Unread 16 Nov 2010, 00:49   #57
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
I tried, it resulted in my mate (who was the one executing the plan) getting kicked from Imperia, after that i tried to reason with HC again which failed. after that, I took my losses and left Imperia 3 days ago.
You what!
Now Im totally mystified why you invested so much time defending them.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 01:11   #58
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Please stop referring to 2nd place as if its any more worthwhile than 42nd
If 2nd place is more worthwhile than 42nd all depends on your goals as either an alliance or player. While for Ascendancy all that seems to matter is keeping the round 'interesting' for as long, the philosofy of Imperia seems to be completely different.

The reason i marked 'interesting' in the above alinea is because the word has a different meaning for every single member. I assume for Ascendancy it means staying in the race for the top ranks, be it Alliance, Galaxy or Planetranks. While for my former alliance Vengeance it involved questions like, can we finish above our 'rival' alliance and can we still steal roids from the top alliance/players.

For instance, last round i had my best moment far after the politics of the round had settled and i managed to steal roids from an alliance by using advanced tactics. I try to pursue such personal goals each rounds which keeps things interesting for me.

As far as Imperia is concerned i can only derive their philosofy in this game from their actions. Their actions so far have shown they are after an alliance rank that is as high as 'being passive' can earn them. Beside the fact that their HC clearly have their own personal goals, which for Titos seems to be 'finishing above CT' (he wants to teach his former HC's a lesson i presume), and for Firebird it either seems to be assuring a win for at least one alliance he likes(this is a personal assumption), or preventing a gangrape or blockwar (as he has tried to make clear when i was still there).

Unread 16 Nov 2010, 01:16   #59
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
You what!
Now Im totally mystified why you invested so much time defending them.
Yeah i figured you didn't see that one coming.

As for my reasons to 'defend' them let's assume i'm doing it for arguments sake... i think that best sums it up anyhow... Beside the fact it's in my nature to 'defend' the choices of my leaders, after i have expressed my disagreement, and concerns, in an eye-to-eye conversation. Eventhough i am no longer part of Imperia i think some of that nature has slipped into my reasoning in this convo. Also if you read my input well you'll see me expressing my personal objections in allmost all posts.

*edit*: ohw i allmost forgot the main reason that i have nothing better to do with my time atm anyhow

Last edited by Influence; 16 Nov 2010 at 01:31.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 12:11   #60
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
And in the long run, they're just getting themselves destroyed in the long run.
In the long run, they might be hoping that their loyalty towards the strongest alliance playing this round might help them out in the long run.

In the long run.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 18:02   #61
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

need to stop posting after i work late, english goes to shit. As for your post - if they want to frame themselves as flak or they want to stick with app beyond this round, sure.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 22:04   #62
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
God, you are clueless. Chimpie crashed some 250k on Smasher after being escorted.
The crash on Smasher was an unfortunate series of events The calc was win, but my teamup decided it wasnt and ordered pull and i didnt bother to check again since i believed we were landing. Also, they're not my escorts, they're my regular teamup. One is a tad bigger then me and the other is a tad smaller(both bigger after that crash tho )

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 23:04   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I think this is a great challenge for us all. I'm sure that after last round nobody thought it'd be possible for this one to be as bad, or possibly even worse considering there are 400 ticks left. Why don't we go for the three in a row next round and make round 40 even worse? I volunteer to be the planet the entire universe blocks against as I'd be pretty confident that's the only way we could even attempt to outdo the last few months of everyone disgracing themselves.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 00:31   #64
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
need to stop posting after i work late, english goes to shit. As for your post - if they want to frame themselves as flak or they want to stick with app beyond this round, sure.
Yeah, sorry about the rest of my post, I just couldn't think of anything more constructive to say to go any way towards masking what was a blatant (and yet lighthearted) troll.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 00:33   #65
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Personally I think this is a great challenge for us all. I'm sure that after last round nobody thought it'd be possible for this one to be as bad, or possibly even worse considering there are 400 ticks left. Why don't we go for the three in a row next round and make round 40 even worse? I volunteer to be the planet the entire universe blocks against as I'd be pretty confident that's the only way we could even attempt to outdo the last few months of everyone disgracing themselves.
If you want man, I can sign up and do that for you. I'm sure that - given enough time, concentration, energy, research and hard work - I can find a way of convincing people that they want to attack me. I'd have to start my preparations now though, so let me know...
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 09:29   #66
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Beside the fact it's in my nature to 'defend' the choices of my leaders, after i have expressed my disagreement, and concerns, in an eye-to-eye conversation. Eventhough i am no longer part of Imperia i think some of that nature has slipped into my reasoning in this convo. Also if you read my input well you'll see me expressing my personal objections in allmost all posts.
If the HCs (applies to any alliances) don't come on to the forums to defend themselves ... &$%# them

Dont be a mug there
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 09:57   #67
Firebird

Quote:
If the HCs (applies to any alliances) don't come on to the forums to defend themselves ... &$%# them
What you mean come on here and be flamed? No thanks rather sit back and watch people moan.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 10:36   #68
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
What you mean come on here and be flamed? No thanks rather sit back and watch people moan.
Flamed... eh
The forums is a nice place to exchange pleasantries and all that.

AD is also a good place to get good PR if you play your cards right.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 10:52   #69
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

In PA, there is no such thing as good publicity.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 11:13   #70
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
In PA, there is no such thing as good publicity.
In relative terms
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 11:57   #71
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Apprime barely had to do anything in terms of politics. This round being so "shit" (for the always blocking alliances) is their own fault. Funny enough they keep screaming at imp being the bad guy here while they were the first alliance to recieve block incommings
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 12:54   #72
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Considering that Ascendancy hasn't had more than 7 targets claimed in at least 10 days, I wouldn't call them "block incomings". Imperia pissed off CT and ND and consequently got incomings from CT and ND. Stop trying to turn them into martyrs.

We're "screaming" at Imperia precisely because Apprime barely had to do anything. Imperia was your only serious competition, but they never took the initiative in challenging you. For the top 3 alliances, the round has never risen above a level I can only describe as "snooze fest".

I imagine CT and ND are having fun, though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 17 Nov 2010 at 13:01.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 13:58   #73
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why don't we go for the three in a row next round and make round 40 even worse? I volunteer to be the planet the entire universe blocks against as I'd be pretty confident that's the only way we could even attempt to outdo the last few months of everyone disgracing themselves.
center of the universe complex ?

I think as for this round, think most of the tier 2 alliances are having fun this round battling for 6th.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 18:29   #74
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

That would be tier 3 or even 4 i think you mean!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 20:07   #75
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

So was the roiding of x3/gal by #1 and #2 a sign of things to come from the cowardly giants? Those two small terran tags have a third of their planets but a bunch of their top 50/100 ranks -- or was it just about the top 3?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 20:21   #76
JonnyBGood
Banned

Oh man are neutral planets getting roided by the top alliances now they're home free? If only something in the previous forty rounds of pa history might have indicated something like this might happen
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 20:27   #77
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone non-apprime is going to be roided dry.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 20:33   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'd actually imagine that apprime will hold up the alliance with imperia. That way imperia won't get shatted on and might actually play next round. This would be good for apprime as the existence of any bunch of utterly predictable spineless wonders is good for any #1 alliance. Plus actually appearing vaguely "honourable" for once would do apprime's reputation some good. It's hardly like they need to hit imperia to hold the #1 spot, they've got top gal so really all it could be about is #1 planet and i'm pretty sure patrikc hasn't crashed this round yet.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 20:51   #79
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Everyone non-apprime is going to be roided dry.
Who's going to roid Imperia? Haven't they been at "war" with CT/ND the whole round, with some concentration from Asc plus galraids and whatnot? Or are you suggesting App will break the nap and do the man's work themselves?
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 21:21   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At the very least Apprime won't break the nap with Imperia until rather close to round end. No sense in giving the rest of the universe the chance to flock to the aid of the heroes in Imperia and threaten Apprime's victory. Considering how few alliances actually like Imperia enough to do that it's a small chance, but why take chances?

See also (again) last round, NFI killing ND in the last week.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 21:50   #81
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
At the very least Apprime won't break the nap with Imperia until rather close to round end. No sense in giving the rest of the universe the chance to flock to the aid of the heroes in Imperia and threaten Apprime's victory. Considering how few alliances actually like Imperia enough to do that it's a small chance, but why take chances?

See also (again) last round, NFI killing ND in the last week.
Maybe its going to be just like the xvx asc round remember that? Its not like your ally didnt anything else then did it?
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 21:55   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Indeed.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 22:07   #83
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
Maybe its going to be just like the xvx asc round remember that? Its not like your ally didnt anything else then did it?
Unlike mz, I tend to disagree. I even bothered to re-read the wiki article and compare it with my memories. First big difference might be the fact Imp never fought App at any point (I don´t take 2 days of "being targetted" and then whining about it into account).
I´m sure there are more to be found, but this one is enough for me already.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 23:30   #84
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Wait, I think I got confused. I thought he was comparing a theoretical Imperia backstab by Apprime to that thing we did in the last tick of some recent round. I would agree with the accuracy of such a comparison.

What I would not agree with is a comparison of this round to the one in which the Ascendancy vs. BGs + xVx battle turned into an Ascendancy vs. BGs massacre and xVx idling out the round napped to Ascendancy. We won that round, so our strategy was sound. It should not be a controversial assertion that Imperia's strategy is anything but.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 23:31   #85
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This round is awful, not just entertainment wise but the standard is perilously low, and that's never a good thing. Unlike many who dismiss it as whining, that's something to get angry about if you enjoy high quality (although not necessarily entertaining) planetarion.

If the top ranks are decided and heavily in their favour, Apprime may well decide they can't be arsed and do nothing. I don't think that would change anything with respect to their credibility, it would just be a measure of the extent of their victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I think this can be a slightly short sighted approach. Having read the forums a lot over time, I think it's always good even if you just pick out one post and face it down just to demoralise the other side a bit (if you can do that). Otherwise, it's your opponents who control the perception of your alliance.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 23:46   #86
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Wait, I think I got confused. I thought he was comparing a theoretical Imperia backstab by Apprime to that thing we did in the last tick of some recent round. I would agree with the accuracy of such a comparison.

What I would not agree with is a comparison of this round to the one in which the Ascendancy vs. BGs + xVx battle turned into an Ascendancy vs. BGs massacre and xVx idling out the round napped to Ascendancy. We won that round, so our strategy was sound. It should not be a controversial assertion that Imperia's strategy is anything but.
Well i played in evo that round and as far as i know it was the bgs vs asc and yes xvx attacked asc for 3 days or something like that WOW? After that it was 2 full tag alliances vs 30 - 40 member bgs so please dont
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 00:26   #87
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm pretty sure your memory of that round is flawed. In any case you failed to take into account that we won that round and you are not going to win this one. I'll be happy to revisit the comparison when you win this round, though.
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 01:18   #88
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well i played in evo that round and as far as i know it was the bgs vs asc and yes xvx attacked asc for 3 days or something like that WOW? After that it was 2 full tag alliances vs 30 - 40 member bgs so please dont
Your memory is highly flawed.

xVx helped the block annhilate Asc and take most of there roids in the space of a week (or 2?). Then it became a case of 2 alliances vs the BG's but that point is moot as at that stage it was stagnated whichever side xVx went with.

but remember, it was the people who decided to join/create BG's instead of fighting for #1 that ruined that round. Not xVx or Asc, infact xVx and Asc helped the game in the long run by roiding the hell out of every single BG member, so they would never think it was a good idea for future rounds!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 18 Nov 2010 at 01:27.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 02:46   #89
zebra
h3ll's angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
but remember, it was the people who decided to join/create BG's instead of fighting for #1 that ruined that round. Not xVx or Asc, infact xVx and Asc helped the game in the long run by roiding the hell out of every single BG member, so they would never think it was a good idea for future rounds!
That's a pretty bold statement. Also some of us thought it was a good idea during many previous rounds, and continue thinking it's a good idea to this day.
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 04:07   #90
t3k
The Video Guy

People wanting to play with their mates without the pressure of being in contention for #1 is, as far as I can see, one of the main reasons people opt for BG style alliances, rather than risk "doing an imperia".

Of course, "doing an imperia" is always one of the risks of starting a new alliance. What Light was trying to say was that it was pretty shit that so many groups opted to shy away from the responsibilities of challenging for the win all at once. It wasn't anyone's 'fault', per ce - it was just the natural way things turned. The BGs got raped, the alliances felt unchallenged.

There's nothing wrong with BG-style tags, as long as it doesn't become a trend that multiple groups all opt-in for all at once.
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 04:12   #91
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
People wanting to play with their mates without the pressure of being in contention for #1 is, as far as I can see, one of the main reasons people opt for BG style alliances, rather than risk "doing an imperia".

Of course, "doing an imperia" is always one of the risks of starting a new alliance. What Light was trying to say was that it was pretty shit that so many groups opted to shy away from the responsibilities of challenging for the win all at once. It wasn't anyone's 'fault', per ce - it was just the natural way things turned. The BGs got raped, the alliances felt unchallenged.

There's nothing wrong with BG-style tags, as long as it doesn't become a trend that multiple groups all opt-in for all at once.
wafhh was a great success.. I dont know what to say here!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 06:01   #92
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Playing in a BG tag is doing an imperia insofar as it is playing without an attempt to win as an alliance tag, playing entirely for planet ranks. The mass move to BGs was tho a response to the particular circumstance of R31 after so many rounds of Asc victory there was a great deal of political apathy and hopelessness. We certainly are in a rather different place at the moment, although acknowledged as having been the best Apprime has not consistently won the last few rounds. Indeed Imperia's hopelessness is rather strange in a large portion of its membership will have been in the winning alliance of one of the last two rounds.

EDIT: I said 32 when i meant 31

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 18 Nov 2010 at 10:02.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 08:22   #93
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
I'm pretty sure your memory of that round is flawed. In any case you failed to take into account that we won that round and you are not going to win this one. I'll be happy to revisit the comparison when you win this round, though.
Ok we can talk about it after round but i highly doubt we wont win this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Your memory is highly flawed.

xVx helped the block annhilate Asc and take most of there roids in the space of a week (or 2?). Then it became a case of 2 alliances vs the BG's but that point is moot as at that stage it was stagnated whichever side xVx went with.

Please dont post! I didnt ask you anything thanks!
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 08:44   #94
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please dont post! I didnt ask you anything thanks!
I was clearing up your memory.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 10:25   #95
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok we can talk about it after round but i highly doubt we wont win this one.
He was assuming you were in Imperia since you seem to be defending them - there's no criticism being thrown at Apprime here, you're winning the round. It's not your responsibility to help others beat you.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 12:01   #96
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Oh, indeed. I'm not hating on Apprime.
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 14:14   #97
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
This round is awful, not just entertainment wise but the standard is perilously low, and that's never a good thing. Unlike many who dismiss it as whining, that's something to get angry about if you enjoy high quality (although not necessarily entertaining) planetarion.
I agree wholeheartedly. It's no secret that the general level of skill and overall competition has been severely deteriorating. That being said, there doesn't appear to be a true means of which to reverse that trend without either introducing a large new group of players who can learn and fill in the gaps or bringing back players. We all know how the advertising/recruiting end goes...

Anyways, that was a bit off topic. Otherwise, yeah it's been a frustrating round for most players. Being in Imperia, I will continue to stand behind the HCs and show complete faith in their actions, but I think there's a fair number of us that would have liked to see some sort of attempt at #1. At this point we're really only playing for Patrikc and HaSu. (Only my opinions, I'm not speaking for Imperia etc etc)

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 14:46   #98
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Finally. :-)
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 16:28   #99
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, I think part of the problem is that there's no incentive to play for #1 anymore. With a dwindling community, the respect and fame you get for winning and putting in effort is worth even less than it was before. You're putting in hours of work and lack of sleep into this game, for what? Some people you probably don't even want to speak to watching you type in #planetarion during EORC? 5 credits for an alliance of 50-100 people? Winning once is fun for everyone, but really, it gets pretty tedious. How about introducing some prizes? It wouldn't have to be expensive, but something that would make it somewhat worth it.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 17:25   #100
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkie View Post
honestly, i think part of the problem is that there's no incentive to play for #1 anymore. With a dwindling community, the respect and fame you get for winning and putting in effort is worth even less than it was before. You're putting in hours of work and lack of sleep into this game, for what? Some people you probably don't even want to speak to watching you type in #planetarion during eorc? 5 credits for an alliance of 50-100 people? Winning once is fun for everyone, but really, it gets pretty tedious. How about introducing some prizes? It wouldn't have to be expensive, but something that would make it somewhat worth it.
qft.