User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 11 Oct 2010, 18:30   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 39 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
Well considering the previous revision of the stats had Xan having a lot of single targeting Ter had a few too.
I figured that's kinda what the intention was.

Regardless of what people were wanting, it seemed like it was in the plans.
You thought there was a plan?

Seriously?

I refer to mz's comment concerning the Stones.
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 00:58   #52
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

A bird told me most alliances are going fi/co with a big % xans.

correct?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 02:10   #53
Greg
Addicted since R17

Greg has a spectacular aura aboutGreg has a spectacular aura about

so the rumours go alright,unretiring for some zik co fun ?giz a pm :P
Regular member of fleet crashing club
“A man's errors are his portals of discovery.”
James Joyce
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 02:21   #54
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I m weak. and suddenly found myself with more time than I thought I would be having due to changes in rl. Hopefulyl I come to my senses and retire again during the week!
I idle in #excessum and #omen

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 06:06   #55
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I not surprised.
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 13:16   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Why am I not surprised.
Because wishmaster might well be the biggest attention whore left in pa?
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 14:18   #57
Wishmaster
LDK

coming from jbg. really?
and fyi I had really quit, and had planned to do so for a couple of weeks, but as I said things changed and I might aswell play another dull round to please buddah.

Quote:
Unread 12 Oct 2010, 14:33   #58
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Pleasing Buddah apparently only needs about 8 seconds - you could pass on the 7 weeks...

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2010, 01:38   #59
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
You thought there was a plan?

Seriously?

I refer to mz's comment concerning the Stones.
There's always a plan!

Just because it was written on a paper bag that was filled with shit, lit on fire, and left on some old guys porch doesn't mean there wasn't a plan!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2010, 04:33   #60
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Terran 185(16%)
Cathaar 122(11%)
Xandathrii 234(21%)
Zikonian 283(25%)
Eitraides 272(24%)

Looks like 70% fi/co with a bit of the other classes on the side, fun

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2010, 06:48   #61
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

very
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 16:48   #62
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

although the round is still progressing, i do think this set of stats is inherently flawed.

can we, for next round (and the rounds after) chose one set of stats (preferably a GOOD set like the r30 stats or the r32 stats (i believe r32 were fairly okay)) and stick for them for a while?
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 18:01   #63
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wow, are this round's stats ever crap.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 23:53   #64
isildurx

I don't think the stats are THAT bad, most races can be played, but the last-minute changes to xan were pretty shit imo.
Unread 7 Nov 2010, 10:10   #65
isildurx

I take it everyone agrees with me!
Unread 7 Nov 2010, 10:26   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's not so much they're imbalanced, but they're boring.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Nov 2010, 12:46   #67
isildurx

Not disputing that.
Unread 7 Nov 2010, 16:09   #68
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Yeah I have to agree, they are pretty boring.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 09:18   #69
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

stats with unstoppable pods... you need thousands of ships to freeze the last 10 pods.
Caths nearly unplayable.
Everybody mass FiCo.

The one in charge of the stats had obviously no clue of what he was doing.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 09:36   #70
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Longer beta testing please (2+ week period ... could start now for r40 for example)
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 10:01   #71
isildurx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
stats with unstoppable pods... you need thousands of ships to freeze the last 10 pods.
Caths nearly unplayable.
Everybody mass FiCo.

The one in charge of the stats had obviously no clue of what he was doing.
Who really cares if the last 10 pods cant be freezed, they cap maybe 10 roids?

Totally agree on cath being shit. I feel they lack a good killship for sure.

As for everybody massing fi/co, to be fair this "always" happens unless fico is really shit.. Despite fic/co being good, I don't think Terrans who have gone DE have had much problems surviving so that was definitively an option in my opinion. Some big problems with these stats for me is that
- zik's alternate roidingfleet is beyond shit(meaning everyone "has" to go co heavy),
- that Ter BS is useless,
- that Cath don't have a fi or co class anti fico ship or a useful killship
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 11:40   #72
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Who really cares if the last 10 pods cant be freezed, they cap maybe 10 roids?

Other than that... EMP is mainly the problem this round. Fi is (a little) too weak, mainly because Co is too strong.

Fr is a bit weak (Cutter/Vendor), De is quite strong, but with a Co dominated universe, De will only hold out so long, unless you're REALLY active on prelaunching def and/or have a fortgal.

I find all of these have to do with Co though. Voyager/Vendor/Cutlass/Cutter, they're just a bit too strong, enough to make any other race than Etd/Zik cry.

Edit: see how I didn't even bother with Cr/Bs there?... yea...
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 12:56   #73
isildurx

I don't think the etd co is overpowered to be honest(their efficiencies aren't THAT good), but the problem is that since 'noone' went anything else than fico the etds can simply amass voyagers. I think that if Terrans and/or Cath had had a fi or co class anti fico then crbs would have been more viable and this would have been a better round.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 13:08   #74
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The whole "bawww, I can't use only EMP to fully cover my incomings" argument is fairly dumb. Use kill ships, fool.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 14:00   #75
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

<Light> i think the top10 will be mainly Xan/ETD Fi/Co
<Light> with 2 Terrans and 1 Zik P
<Light> no cath
<Light> and im logging this!

Was the prediction i made on the night stats became final. I also posted in this thread that Xan's were pretty crap but thought afew people would still go Xan and they'd do well with numbers.

Im actually quiet surprised at Ziks though. After the first week, i'd of definatly changed my prediction to Zik/ETD pwning (and Zik pwning more than ETD's) due to that damm cutlass. Talked with Benneh about it and seems he was right though, ETD's just had to hold there value for as long as possible to pwn.

I dont really think the stats are that imbalanced though, its more a case of the community only went for Fi/Co.. so it made those races with good fi/co (anti fi/co) fleets better.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 17:46   #76
isildurx

I think the problem isn't so much that fico is too good, but that other classes of ships(except Ter DE) are really bad.
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 18:11   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Are those not the same thing?
Unread 17 Nov 2010, 19:20   #78
isildurx

Well, to an extent. My point is that fi\co shouldnæt have been made much weaker, rather the fr\cr\bs fleets should be improved.
(In addition to the fico class ships for cat\ter)
Unread 18 Nov 2010, 21:56   #79
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Scorpion being a Co/Fi killship would've changed (fixed) a lot!

Fi/Co weaker, Cat Cr more viable. Maybe increase Xan Fi a (very tiny) little bit, change Syren into a Bs, Spectre init 4 or 5, voila.

scrapped first edit! ^^

Last edited by Patrikc; 18 Nov 2010 at 22:12.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote