User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 00:45   #1
Atamur
Ngisne

Atamur is an unknown quantity at this point
r9 matrix etc.

Predictably, I had to rewrite the stat parser again. I bet a few more tweaks will be made and then the stats will be reposted in a different format again.

http://64.186.171.250:8000/cgi-bin/stats9.cgi

right click in the matrix to narrow it down by class or race, tranpose, invert, scale or whatever else you want. dhtml works on IE and phoenix (and probably mozilla as well).
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 01:36   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: r9 matrix etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atamur
Predictably, I had to rewrite the stat parser again.
Yeah, every round they manage to come up with a new format, don't they?

If only their creative genius could be turned from the Dark Side. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 02:20   #3
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Yet another Value Matrix
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 02:27   #4
Atamur
Ngisne

Re: Re: r9 matrix etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Yeah, every round they manage to come up with a new format, don't they?
Multiple times per round actually. If I remember correctly, there were 3 formats last round. They have to follow the PA Design Commandments, you know... Thou shalt not reuse format of ship stats lest thy users' life be made easy.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 11:04   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
The top one doesn't seem to like Opera (grr!), and the second one is a bit messy...shouldn't complain though i suppose
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 11:50   #6
zenopus
Xenoc

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
The top one doesn't seem to like Opera (grr!)
It seems to display ok in both Opera 6.04 and Opera 7. OFC right clicking does not work the same as in IE / Mozilla.
Quote:
and the second one is a bit messy...shouldn't complain though i suppose
Any specific suggestions welcome - if it's easy to do and makes sense to me, I'll include it when they release the unrefutably final and full stats.
For now maybe you'd prefer the data in an Excel Spreadsheet so you can add your own formatting...
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 12:11   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Having ship names (or abbreviations) instead of ID's would be nice, as would having the Target/Ship classes as Words. (I know the actual stats are numbers )
And the page loads in Opera, just no fancy right-click stuff
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:05   #8
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the value matrixes, they look very nice and are a damn lot better than the xls spreadsheets we first saw last round, especially for a poor bugger like me that uses StarOffice and not the MS-equivalent :-/

Last edited by at0mic.c0w; 23 Feb 2003 at 09:42.
Sun_Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:32   #9
zenopus
Xenoc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
... StarOffice
I could make the raw tsv (or a csv) version of the spreadsheet data available if anyone wants it.
Formulas specified in the excel format, eg. "=IF(A1=B2,0,ABS(A1-B2))" etc.
I only put it up in Excel format as the raw file is about three times the size.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 03:16   #10
Atamur
Ngisne

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
The top one doesn't seem to like Opera (grr!), and the second one is a bit messy...shouldn't complain though i suppose
just downloaded opera to see what it looks like. the latest version of it sure look spiffy. The matrix displays more or less correctly but opera doesn't seem to support oncontextmenu event without which the tool is useless. when i get to my office i'll fix dhtml to accept ctrl-click in addition to right-click.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 14:48   #11
branko

branko is an unknown quantity at this point
can we please get stats in tacticus style this is the best format
branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 15:05   #12
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
More stats pages:
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/all.html

http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/terran.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/cathaar.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/zikonian.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/xan.html

These are based on spinners stats.html from the announcement, the widomaker class was changed and PDS with round8 values was added. The Classes are shown as FI, FR etc and not with numbers. Vulture armor was not edited.

Bugs:
- "Stl" units arent calculated
- targetclass "All" combat might be calculated "wrong"

Rev 2 - fixed podcannons, pds eo cost, fixed table 6 (from top) and minor cleanups
Rev 3 - fixed EMP unit values for table 6 (from top), additional footerline for most tables

Last edited by Ramihyn; 25 Feb 2003 at 13:57.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:44   #13
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramihyn
More stats pages:
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/all.html

http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/terran.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/cathaar.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/zikonian.html
http://www.codersger.de/pa/stats/xan.html

These are based on spinners stats.html from the announcement, the widomaker class was changed and PDS with round8 values was added. The Classes are shown as FI, FR etc and not with numbers. Vulture armor was not edited.

Bugs:
- "Stl" units arent calculated
- targetclass "All" combat might be calculated "wrong"

Rev 2 - fixed podcannons, pds eo cost, fixed table 6 (from top) and minor cleanups
good work, very good indeed
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 06:11   #14
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unless I'm mistaken, in the section "Average number of units killed/frozen by each unit (All races)", emp ships aren't calculated right.

For example: The table says one beetle freezes 0.35 harpies a tick, when it should be 1.05 harpies a tick. It seems to be calculated with all emp ships having one gun, which we know isn't true.
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 13:56   #15
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Moondoggie
Unless I'm mistaken, in the section "Average number of units killed/frozen by each unit (All races)", emp ships aren't calculated right.

For example: The table says one beetle freezes 0.35 harpies a tick, when it should be 1.05 harpies a tick. It seems to be calculated with all emp ships having one gun, which we know isn't true.
You are right :/ - it was the same bug for this table which was fixed for conventional combats in Rev2.
It is fixed in Rev3 now.

Thanks

I guess now i just have to add Stl units simply calced by resource - or does anyone has a better solution? :/
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 16:27   #16
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

The Ctrl-click works brilliantly, excellent
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 22:34   #17
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
for all the matrices, do you calculate 'initiative' also ?

like a peg vs. a pulsar, are the number of pegs deducted by the killing of the equivalent of pulsars (in resources) or is it 'static' otherwise i won't bother reading this since it is kinda ... ****e as hell then. Only a slight glimpse of the actual stats.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 00:05   #18
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

like a peg vs. a pulsar, are the number of pegs deducted by the killing of the equivalent of pulsars (in resources) or is it 'static' otherwise i won't bother reading this since it is kinda ... ****e as hell then. Only a slight glimpse of the actual stats.
what do we have bcalc.com for ?
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:36   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

This site has to be the best of the "addons" that get made for PA.
Including initiative in the calculations for matrices isn't really a good idea, as they're present not so you can calculate battles (thats what the cunningly named Battle-Calculators are for) but for comparing 2/3 ships. The site does show whether or not the attacker fires first, and I think this is enough for the intended (?) use.
Unread 1 Mar 2003, 00:39   #20
Atamur
Ngisne

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion

Although I don't think it's really useful, you can right-click (or ctrl-click) and check "Account for attacking ships killed by faster defender" to get the numbers you are looking for. This, of course, assumes that there are no other ships present to be shot at. I suggest you use a battlecalc to simulate battles. The matrices only exist for the purpose of comparing different ships' effectiveness.
Unread 3 Mar 2003, 15:44   #21
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Another one here: www.lerxst.de/pa/shipstats/statxst.htm

It's not yet completed, but the rest will follow over this week.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:47   #22
zenopus
Xenoc

For you convenience, yet another Count Matrix
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:18   #23
zenopus
Xenoc

Yet another Value Matrix with Pulsar and Peacekeeper updated to r9.5 stats.
And the Count Matrix - same deal.