User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 00:29   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with Hex Editor

What i'm trying to do is follow advice on a website, to create a 'keydisk' on a floppy disk.

the instructions state, referring to a floppy disk -
Change the first five bytes of sector 2 (boot sector is sector 1) to: 4B 45 59 00 00

Is this something a pleb like myself can do simply with a hex editor, or do i need some deep and meaningful understanding of 'puters?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 00:34   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You need a direct disk editor.

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 02:33   #3
Atamur
Ngisne

Atamur is an unknown quantity at this point
early versions of norton utilities had an awsome disk editor. i remember once trying to fix my partition table with it.... took me half a day.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:23   #4
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Last I downloaded a hex editor it was Axe.
Years ago (back on WfW 3.1) I used one called Gander.
There are probably plenty out there.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:34   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Something like http://omnixray.com/dsk.htm

Might do it. Just search for direct disk editor on google, there's a fair few matches.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote