User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Nov 2002, 01:20   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
chat across network

Im looking for a Freeware chat program that will allow me to talk across a network to someone else.

winpopup used to be fairly good at this but it doesnt work with win2k or winxp..

Two computers = WinXP and Win ME

anyone got any suggestions?
only ones ive found are 'shareware 30 day trial' with certain features disabled...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 01:28   #2
Atamur
Ngisne

Atamur is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't know about winME or winXP, but win2k comes with winchat. it's conveniently not included in start menu. just try typing winchat at command prompt.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 07:23   #3
Caesar2
Commander

Caesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really nice
i d/l lanpop some time ago. i m not suer if it works good in xp, under 2k it is a little slow, but it works ok.
its only 37 kB and you need to install it

edit: i see u have to fill in your email on that site
if it doesnt work pm me and i will email it to you

You were just "bashed", live with it.
Caesar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 09:03   #4
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
winpopup can still be used to communicate with Win2K/XP, and 2K/XP can communicate back.

Say if you have an ME machine called upgradepls, and an XP machine called MEsucks. To communicate from upgradepls, open winpopup and send any message you like to MEsucks. This will popup in a message box on MEsucks' desktop (it is the same service that aggreived SI here).

To communicate back, press windows key +r on MEsucks to get the run dialog, then type

net send upgradepls insert message here

Assuming they still have winpopup open, they will get a message back in it as if it was from a winpopup client. net send is fantastic in a 300 computer NT network with obscure computer names :O]]

(but don't do net send * if you don't want to get in big trouble)
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 09:08   #5
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I've got winpopup running over XP
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 09:20   #6
Rythms

in console:

net send <copmname> <msg>

is quite easy tho..
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 13:29   #7
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
winchat is in win2k and winxp, justr go into run and type it

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 14:15   #8
Cocaine

back at uni we used to use a proggy called 'lanconf' i think, dunno if it works in winxp/2k or not