User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 15:44   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Balancing Research & Constructions

As we all know the construction page is open from the start with all the possible constructions available.

Early in the game some are no use, for example why build a Light Factory untill the Reserach to build the ships is complete, or why build any amps untill you can actually scan?

So what I suggest is that these Constructions are <greyed out> and only become available when the player has the ability to make use of them. I would further explain by saying that a Light Factory will become available to build when the number of ticks left on the research is = to or less than the number of ticks to complete the research that makes use of the factory.

This would reduce the number of errors made when people undertake constructions as they would be only able to build usefull cons, in particular it would give guidance to the new player, by way of the fact that a legend could pop up when you roll the mouse pointer over the Construction that says "This construction will be availble when the Figther Research is x% completed"

Perhaps another way to make use of this idea would be to limit the number of Wave amplifiers per each wave research, so a for Surface Scans a player would max out at 10 Amps, Tech Scans 20, and so on.

I also have noted the feature in the speed round we have been playing where Distorters are not available untill News Scan research has been completed. I really like this, as it means the Disto whores will have to work the scan tree before they can get them.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote