User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Jul 2009, 17:12   #1
Tatu

Tatu is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove Skin Specific Content

When using the latest Round 32 skin (template53), the HTML files receive additional <div id="top"> element. This element is not generated when using other skins.

Remove the special handing in generating the HTML pages, but add a line to all old planetarion.css files:
Code:
#top { display: none }
If you fear modifying already published templates, re-publish them under new names. Say copy template41 to template61 and adjust the skin-to-template mapping accordingly.

That way content and presentation is separate again.
Unread 28 Jul 2009, 18:20   #2
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Remove Skin Specific Content

Talk about nit-picking...
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2009, 02:41   #3
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

it's not generated in other skins because those skins doesn't have a custom "header", but the r32 does.
doing what you suggest would be really bad as any custom headers and what not would be "hardcoded" into the game and every skin would have to be hiding elements that doesn't even belong to them.
not to mention the fact that we could/would end up with loads of html data that has no relevance to the user...
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2009, 05:48   #4
Tatu

Tatu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
it's not generated in other skins because those skins doesn't have a custom "header", but the r32 does.
doing what you suggest would be really bad as any custom headers and what not would be "hardcoded" into the game and every skin would have to be hiding elements that doesn't even belong to them.
not to mention the fact that we could/would end up with loads of html data that has no relevance to the user...
It was the hardcoded bit I was aiming at - and missed it. I didn't realize the header came from the template itself.

If I was to make a new template, how do I add a custom header? Add file with a specific name in the template folder which contains or generates the header markup?
Unread 29 Jul 2009, 11:25   #5
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatu View Post
It was the hardcoded bit I was aiming at - and missed it. I didn't realize the header came from the template itself.

If I was to make a new template, how do I add a custom header? Add file with a specific name in the template folder which contains or generates the header markup?
pretty much yes
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote