User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Nov 2006, 11:41   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Suggestion; Corporate Accounts

Here is a little suggestion to get new players.

Please bear in mind I have not played PA in a long while so am not up to date with the changes, my suggestion does however reply on having a way to allow 'private' galaxies. You will see why.

OK here goes, many people who work in offices cannot play the game because we are supposed to be working....often the planetarion domain will be blocked and this has always been a problem for me. Most of my working day is spent at a desk where I am not allowed to access www.planetarion.com.

but this is a huge potential for new players. So why not make this game a legitimate place for office workers to come?

How do you do this you might ask?

Well, if the game is so 'strategic' and geared for 'teamwork' why not target corporate companies with the offer of cheap accounts to have their staff join a private galaxy and advertise this as a 'team buiilding excercise'? Many companies are very big on team building

This gives the company a reason to allow their staff access to the site while providing an influx of players who will be of varied skill.

If this is an idea worth persuing it could be tailored to suit the purpose, for example perhaps allowing the company who signs its staff up to display their logo as a galaxy banner, allowing them to have links to their products and services in the galaxy view, etc.

Anyhow, thats the basic idea...corporate team building galaxies/accounts
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 12:31   #2
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all
Re: Suggestion; Corporate Accounts

Sounds like an idea worth looking into
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 13:13   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How would it be a team building exercise, account interaction off the same IP isnt allowed and if they did grant an exception whats to stop anyone claiming to be a company and signing up loads of accounts to multi from?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 13:53   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Fun idea, but I can't imagine many corporations going for it. Though it would be fun if they did, of course wakey is right and multihunting would be a nightmare.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 14:28   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
How would it be a team building exercise, account interaction off the same IP isnt allowed and if they did grant an exception whats to stop anyone claiming to be a company and signing up loads of accounts to multi from?
Im sorry but the logistics for it to work it is for PA to work out, I just came up with the idea.

You ask how it would be a team building excercise, to work as a team to attack, defend and grow a galaxy is all team building. If you are suggesting that playing PA has no team building properties then it cannot be classed as a team game.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 14:39   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
Fun idea, but I can't imagine many corporations going for it. Though it would be fun if they did, of course wakey is right and multihunting would be a nightmare.
As I mentioned in my original post this idea does rely on the use of private galaxies. I dont really see the problem with having all planets from galaxy xx.xx.xx all using the same ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx even if it does mean that some of the planets within may be operated by several users.

If this were implemented I cant really see many office workers playing outside of office hours although a small percentage would - either way this is good for planetarions player base.

One way of balancing up the potential multying issue is if they could implement a time duration on each corporate planet. For example, if each planet were only operable for 300 hours during a round, a timer could clock each time a planet was logged into and out of with the planet becoming suspended when the time limit was up. This might actually reassure a company that its staff would not be able to spend too long on the game.

Also, just think. If there was a particular company that had a galaxy whom you had previously had bad customer service from you could vent your frustration at them by targetting them in game!!

Anyway, just ideas.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 17:35   #7
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

One option is awlays digitally signed certificates per computer in areas that use many computers connecting from one location.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 18:15   #8
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

tbh why would it be a nightmare for multihunters? Most will just play it from 9 to 5