User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:19   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Ipod Nano

I just got an Ipod Nano and having not had any sort of MP3 player of substance before, I must say I am very impressed!

The thing is tiny. Nice clear colour screen, fantastic sound quality and allegedly 14 hours battery life. It appears to hold pics as well as music too.

Only thing was they had sold out of the 4gb so I could only get a 2gb

whatever will they do next?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:34   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Ipod Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
how many (4 minute say) songs can 2GB hold ?
I'm thinking of buying one to use when i join a gym.
2 GB will be plenty if you are only using it for a few hours at the gym. I just randomly highlited 19 albums i have on my PC and that added up to about 1.5 GB.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:04   #3
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i have about 300 songs on my 1gb player @ 128 kbps - and i have to agree that is a revoloution from walkman to portable cd player to mp3 player. i enjoy it !

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:05   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Averagely, you can count 100mb for a full album with a 192k bitrate.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:29   #5
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Pretty pissed off the Nanopod came out so soon.

I brought an iPod (40Gb) and they then brought out the colour one and minipod.

My flat mate has put in an order for a Nanopod and I want one!

I may just buy one for whenever I go for a jog or down the gym (never in my case )

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:41   #6
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold

The lack of firewire is a bit of a let-down. They do look nice though, as with all Apple products. Luckily I can resist new shiny digital technology with ease instead preferring to wait until a product has proved it's longevity.
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:46   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
how many (4 minute say) songs can 2GB hold ?

It holds 500 songs. Currently uploading albums now and its current status is the following;

50 Songs, 3.3 Hours, 185mb used.

This thing wont suit everyone but for me 500 songs is plenty. If I fill it up and can always get a bigger capacity when the price drops. Would have likes a 4gb one though but they didnt have any.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:15   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd get one for when I'm out jogging if I had a lot more money than I do at present. Seems like a waste of cash for most other purposes though - you dont need a solid state player for normal use.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:24   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How much are they?
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:54   #10
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Should I get a good job I'm going to buy a ipod.

The nanos looks very nice, but as I have 25gigs of music, and tend to want to listen to a variety of music throughout the day, I'm going for the normal version. Plus a normal 30gig ipod costs £250 which is only £100 more than a 6gig nano.

I had an old ipod, but after two and a half years it conked out. As the new ones have colour screens (album covers!), are smaller and quieter, I'm quite excited about possibly getting one.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 15:22   #11
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
How much are they?
2Gb = £139 & the 4Gb £179

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote