User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 10:39   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Dinosaurs will live again...

Jurassic Park here we come!

And dont forget Pleistocene Park!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 10:58   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Dinosaurs will live again...

Just to look at the bit about the T-Rex soft tissues. While the form of the tissues has been preserved, it is not likely any of the original material is still there in it's original form, lest of all the DNA.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:17   #3
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

It`ll never work. The present climate is not warm enough, and dinosaurs are cold blooded.
(Oh, and there were no dinosaurs around 10,000 years a go)

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:21   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Dinosaurs will live again...

DM could re-live his childhood.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:33   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
DM could re-live his childhood.

I ****ing knew it
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:34   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
It`ll never work. The present climate is not warm enough, and dinosaurs are cold blooded.
(Oh, and there were no dinosaurs around 10,000 years a go)

Well, they are not 100 sure they were cold bloodied, its assumed they are based on data found so far and by likening them to present spieces, this tissue could change that knowledge.

Even if they are were cold bloodied, the present climate is getting warmer through global warming.

They also say that soft tissue cant survive millions of years, yet they have found some. I read something recently suggesting that if this is correct there is no reason why dinosaurs and man did cohabit an age together, so who knows if they really werent around 10000 years ago after all!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 13:49   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
They also say that soft tissue cant survive millions of years, yet they have found some. I read something recently suggesting that if this is correct there is no reason why dinosaurs and man did cohabit an age together, so who knows if they really werent around 10000 years ago after all!
!
If the christian right get's wind of this, we're all screwed! QUICK DESTROY THE EVIDENCE!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:07   #8
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
!
If the christian right get's wind of this, we're all screwed! QUICK DESTROY THE EVIDENCE!
how many times...

the creation story discusses the whys of creation not the hows.

why can't people get this?

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:12   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
!

Its funny, but when I first read this story a few days ago it was in a free paper that came through the door and it did babble on about if that were to be true, it would add credit to the idea of god creating the universe.

It turned out to be a cristian paper I was hoodwinked into reading!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:27   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
how many times...

the creation story discusses the whys of creation not the hows.

why can't people get this?
It does discuss the hows, you foolish fellow. It was just written in a way that, in its original text, made clear that it was a metaphor for the construction of the world.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:21   #11
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

right so metaphorically speaking it talks about hows, just not actual concrete "we can show this with this" hows.

as such the guys point about don't show any evidence about time lines of dinosaurs and humans coexisting with humans to the christians isn't too relevant yes?

christ stop being so unneccessarily pedantic LJ it's not big and it's not clever and niether is (assuming it was you, and yes that could well be the pretext to yet another **** up) messageless nameless neg rep I mean that's just laziness!

I can't be bothered having yet another debate on such a tired issue, just let the one liner stand as a one liner and not a vehicle for you to launch into YET another "I'm right you're wrong, see me pick your posts apart word by word rather than meaning and context by meaning and context" debacles. I mean for christ's sake! (no pun intended)

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:45   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
right so metaphorically speaking it talks about hows, just not actual concrete "we can show this with this" hows.

as such the guys point about don't show any evidence about time lines of dinosaurs and humans coexisting with humans to the christians isn't too relevant yes?
General christians no, fundies yes.

Quote:
assuming it was you, and yes that could well be the pretext to yet another **** up) messageless nameless neg rep I mean that's just laziness!
It wasn't.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:55   #13
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

I forget why i post sometimes

General rule of thumb MAd, don't mention anything connected to anything religious ever :/ (i'm onto 4 negs for it now, if someone has a point to make they could at least explain it when repping)

And it might be worth asking if the term fundamentalist christian could be seen as a real christian, in the same way as you could discuss that question around muslims.

but I don't want a part of it!

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:13   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
And it might be worth asking if the term fundamentalist christian could be seen as a real christian
"Real" is a pointless term, especially when the NT isn't what it was originally.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:20   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
They also say that soft tissue cant survive millions of years, yet they have found some.
did you read what I wrote? the soft tissue is an artefact of the dissolving of the minerals retaining an imprint of the original blood vessels, it isn't original dinosaur flesh.

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:23   #16
Radical Edward

Quote:
Its funny, but when I first read this story a few days ago it was in a free paper that came through the door and it did babble on about if that were to be true, it would add credit to the idea of god creating the universe.

It turned out to be a cristian paper I was hoodwinked into reading!
aah a christian magazine. probably got their crap from AIG or someone like that.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dinosaur/flesh.html

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:24   #17
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
"Real" is a pointless term, especially when the NT isn't what it was originally.
but all translations and all edits have been inspired by the holy spirit. the bible, particularly the KJV is flawless.

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:39   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
aah a christian magazine. probably got their crap from AIG or someone like that.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dinosaur/flesh.html
Yeah, it was a watered down version of that old rubbish.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 18:02   #19
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

So does this mean that with the tissues and DNA, we could clone a dinosaur?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 18:13   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 18:20   #21
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

you've got to wonder what a T-rex stake would taste like.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:50   #22
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

A T-rex wonders what a human steak would taste like.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:19   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

but not for long if we bring them back :s.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 06:29   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You could feed them Brazilians on the underground.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 06:44   #25
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
So does this mean that with the tissues and DNA, we could clone a dinosaur?
I assume this was a deliberate attempt to get my hackles up