User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2005, 14:07   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Hipp Hipp Hurrah

Its not as famous as St.Patricks Day, but we sure celebrate it.

Even when we are abroad!
http://www.aftenposten.no/spesial/bi...42.ece?start=1
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:30   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Hipp Hipp Hurrah

It's celebrated here too, as this area was settled mainly by scandinavians. Mostly people are complaining about the high cost of pickled herring and lutefisk. :/

At least Norwegian independence means never having to eat surströmming!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 14:51   #3
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Re: Hipp Hipp Hurrah

Tbh, we don't eat it in Sweden either, it must be THE worst smell in the universe.

And, well....happy birthday Norway
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:43   #4
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

All the Norwegians in my uni were dressed up in smart clothes today and waving that annoying flag around.

I'm out on the piss with them all later though so i'm hardly against the whole thing.

They were only celebrating their 'red-suit' day (graduation or something? all wearing red boiler suits with their names written on it) on saturday.

Any excuse for a party i say.

i always end up getting pissed, shouting 'scholl' (no fkn idea) and walking home with that snuss shit in my mouth.

Happy Birthday Norway

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:50   #5
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

You actually do snus?

Guess it beats smoking
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:57   #6
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

in a 'yay i'm gonng get mouth and throat cancer instead of lung cancer' kinda way you're probably right.

I don't do it through choice (well, im never sober when i do) as it's usually given to me by several of the large Norwegians who don't take 'i don't want any of that disgusting shit' for an answer

Nice people though.

Unread 17 May 2005, 15:59   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Is that bear humping the tree or merely trying to climb it?

By the way, I've heard that snus does not have any proven link to any form of cancer. Although it was a Swedish guy who told me this so it's possible that he was merely spreading his filthy Scandinavian propaganda.
Unread 17 May 2005, 15:59   #8
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Who's to say?

Unread 17 May 2005, 19:09   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
It's celebrated here too, as this area was settled mainly by scandinavians. Mostly people are complaining about the high cost of pickled herring and lutefisk. :/

At least Norwegian independence means never having to eat surströmming!
Hehe, lutefisk.... I dont eat, however both my parents do. Whats surströmming btw? Sime swedish thingy?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 17 May 2005, 20:06   #10
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

This was possibly the best 17th of May I've experienced. First time i celebrated it in a big city (Trondheim) and it was ace - a lot more life in the parades than back in Namsos. Basically, every single community and group in the city could show themself. It was even a group under the parole "recently arrived immigrants"!

Also, yesterday was fun. And the day before that. Been an ace weekend.

Oh, and it's not our birthday, but the day of constitution. The birthday would be the same day we broke away from Sweden, which was the 7th of June (1905 - we're 100 this year \o/ another party \o/).
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 22:08   #11
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

As i already said, bloody scandies use any excuse for a party

Unread 17 May 2005, 22:10   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
As i already said, bloody scandies use any excuse for a party
Only alcoholics need excuses.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2005, 22:33   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

The tradisional 17 of May parade done "a bit different":

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/...31942.html?i=1
Unread 17 May 2005, 23:15   #14
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Come now, i'm hardly berating you.

Norwegians are, on the whole, ace.

Hell, i live with two.

And the Queen is nout but a tourist attraction.

OFFTOPIC I'm really looking forward to Oslo in the summer, any suggestions on where to go?

EDIT: About 10 scandies just burst into my house screaming some rather peculiar song Bless you Norway, heh.

Unread 18 May 2005, 00:37   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Oslo is only worth 2 days of visit, if your an effective tourist
I suggest you take the train to Bergen, to see the fjords. Besides, West-Coast people are alot cooler than Oslo-people.
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:42   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Im not from Bergen (thank god, since they are "special people"), I just live here (Laksevåg).
Unread 18 May 2005, 00:55   #17
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Yeah. This place is like a ghetto though, I stumble across people from "back home" whenever I go outside

The good thing about Bergen is the relative small distances, expect if you live far outside (like Åsane or Fana). And you dont have to sosialize with the natives either, if you dont want too. Most students whom you get to know are also from the West-Coast (Im myself is from Haugesund), so very few snotty Oslo-idiots around. Then you got mountains on all sides, and you can always see the end of the city so to speak.
Bergen is pretty ace. What about you, living in Oslo?
Unread 18 May 2005, 02:31   #18
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't understand what is being celebrated.
Unread 18 May 2005, 03:57   #19
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
i have no idea either....
Unread 18 May 2005, 08:06   #20
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Oh, and it's not our birthday, but the day of constitution. The birthday would be the same day we broke away from Sweden, which was the 7th of June (1905 - we're 100 this year \o/ another party \o/).
But you WERE a proper country before that weren't you? The constitution makes the country?

And I'm never going to celebrate your independence, we lost a crapload of oil there!
Unread 18 May 2005, 10:03   #21
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Their independance from Sweden.

Unread 18 May 2005, 10:19   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Belated constitutional congratulations Norway.
Unread 18 May 2005, 11:03   #23
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
Their independance from Sweden.
To be correct its the constitution that we are celebrating. That was made in 1814, the year Denmark and Sweden had a fight over who was going to own us. Since Denmark was on the loosing side in the Kiel-peace, they lost Norway to Sweden.
Unread 18 May 2005, 11:20   #24
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

I celebrated it in Dublin, was actuarly quite nice.

Police escort <3