User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Feb 2006, 18:39   #1
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point
It was me!

But its not worth 2 million to dob me in ;o
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 18:52   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: It was me!

I was the turkey all along.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 19:41   #3
4VAlien
Paris <3

4VAlien will become famous soon enough4VAlien will become famous soon enough

Where da party at then?
4VAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 20:06   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any accusations that im assisting in laundering these funds through an offshore account with various organisations is very much uncalled for.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 20:23   #5
Gimmick
Banned

What would you do with 40 million though, you couldnt really do much. If I did something like this say with 5 friends, first and foremost I would stay quiet. Dont gloat to anyone. Dont mention it to anyone and dont talk about it to yourselves.

Next I would have an excess amount of cash, I would have to hide this somehow so I guess the only way you can do this is by splitting the cash down in to a few thousand. Maybe hiding them underground or something.

Finally I wouldnt buy anything expensive. Sure live a comfortable life, ie have a good friday night, but dont spend it like a millionare. When the heat cools down in 10 years or so then seriously start shifting the money somehow.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 21:31   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
What would you do with 40 million though, you couldnt really do much. If I did something like this say with 5 friends, first and foremost I would stay quiet. Dont gloat to anyone. Dont mention it to anyone and dont talk about it to yourselves.

Next I would have an excess amount of cash, I would have to hide this somehow so I guess the only way you can do this is by splitting the cash down in to a few thousand. Maybe hiding them underground or something.

Finally I wouldnt buy anything expensive. Sure live a comfortable life, ie have a good friday night, but dont spend it like a millionare. When the heat cools down in 10 years or so then seriously start shifting the money somehow.

Generally highly organised gangs such as this have a plan for laundering this cash, though I'm not sure if they had planned on stealing quite this much. They even had to leave some behind.
The only way to not get caught is to launder it as fast as possible, which is hard, technical and expensive.
Their only other option is as you say, risk having it about and try to ship it out over a period of time. Still though, 40million even amongst 6-10 people is a rediculous amount of cash and a libabity if they don't have a plan.
But judging by how well the raid was organised and planned, I'm sure they also have a plan for the loot.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 22:47   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Generally highly organised gangs such as this have a plan for laundering this cash, though I'm not sure if they had planned on stealing quite this much. They even had to leave some behind.
The only way to not get caught is to launder it as fast as possible, which is hard, technical and expensive.

eh ?

take it to a boat parked in scarborough (or somewhere even more obscure).

sail to one of the middle eastern countries/balkan countries.

Deposit into bank and transfer elsewhere.

laundering money isnt hard if you know what you are doing.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:24   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
eh ?

take it to a boat parked in scarborough (or somewhere even more obscure).

sail to one of the middle eastern countries/balkan countries.

Deposit into bank and transfer elsewhere.

laundering money isnt hard if you know what you are doing.
Trust me when I say that even in the Balkan states, youd have absoloutely no chance of laundering £40M in sterling when theres a £2M bounty on your head. No currency exchange is going to make that much of a cut on the deal, so theyll hand you over long before you get your hands on your first Pina Colada.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:35   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Token arrest , relevant arrest , or flapping in the dark with no knowledge of who done what?
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:36   #10
Gimmick
Banned

Token, a woman was arrested.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:41   #11
Gimmick
Banned

Also id just like to add, the great thing about this type of crime is that no one is really hurt thus the general public and the media dont really hate on the criminals too much. In the media there is much "wow how did they do that" "that was impressive" etc etc. As far as criminal circles go and in the public, if they were caught they can hold their heads high for making such a large raid.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 00:11   #12
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Also id just like to add, the great thing about this type of crime is that no one is really hurt thus the general public and the media dont really hate on the criminals too much. In the media there is much "wow how did they do that" "that was impressive" etc etc. As far as criminal circles go and in the public, if they were caught they can hold their heads high for making such a large raid.
Threatening an 8 year old boy with a gun and telling him he'd be killed doesn't seem to fit in to your theory that no-one was really hurt.
Some wounds are more than physical, especially for a child.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 06:54   #13
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Threatening an 8 year old boy with a gun and telling him he'd be killed doesn't seem to fit in to your theory that no-one was really hurt.
Some wounds are more than physical, especially for a child.
As I say he wasnt hurt, and that isnt really the focus. Im also sure that the kid would be looked after, as would the wife and they wouldnt be truly threatened in any way. These are intelligent criminals. They arent thugs.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 13:25   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As I say he wasnt hurt, and that isnt really the focus. Im also sure that the kid would be looked after, as would the wife and they wouldnt be truly threatened in any way. These are intelligent criminals. They arent thugs.
you have absolutely no evidence to support this bizzare statement.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 14:01   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
well if the bank manager had played silly buggers at all, I am sure the criminals wouldn't have minded shooting the kid in the knees or something.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 14:23   #16
Gimmick
Banned

To yahwe of course I dont like everyone else im speculating.

The Radical Edward, I seriously doubt they would do that to a kid.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 14:36   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
well if the bank manager had played silly buggers at all, I am sure the criminals wouldn't have minded shooting the kid in the knees or something.
I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier / more sensible to simply break the bank managers fingers, or even his wife's fingers. Shooting someone, especially a child, is hardly something one is going to undertake lightly given the punishment involved.

And on the more general point, I'd agree most of the people involved will probably have a reasonably high reputation after this. Yeah, they threatened a family but no-one was injured which is pretty impressive for such a big heist. It's possible the kid will be horribly scarred for life by this, but that seems doubtful.

Obviously the people involved are dangerous violent criminals and just because they're relatively professional does not diminish this. That doesn't mean they don't have the begrudging admiration of many people, especially other criminals (as pig said).

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 24 Feb 2006 at 14:46.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 18:37   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Comedy on the front pages today

Man & Woman arrested trying to pay £6000 into a local bank for a new account. Unbelievably , with the wrappers still on the bundle of notes saying "Tonbridge" where the robbery just took place.

You couldnt make it up.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 21:02   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Boys in Blue are on the money today , literally

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4748996.stm
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 21:46   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you needed to hide 40m you would need to find a place where 40m wouldn't look like much. I would either ask Yahwe to hold it for me or donate it to the Republican Party. Either place and it would look like petty cash.
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 22:34   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Comedy on the front pages today

Man & Woman arrested trying to pay £6000 into a local bank for a new account. Unbelievably , with the wrappers still on the bundle of notes saying "Tonbridge" where the robbery just took place.

You couldnt make it up.

Funny alright. Especially if it turns out to be money from the raid. They could just be hideously unlucky and have gotten the money from that depot legitimately in the time before the robbery.