User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:09   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
An apology.

Last night a few things happened, and it now time I addressed the situation. I am putting this here as it was here I messed up in the main, and as my comments were public, I feel so this should be also.
In my defence (sucky defence though it is), I had been drinking quite a lot.

I made some posts/threads/pm's that I shouldnt of, and for that im sorry to all concerned.

Phil^, whilst I stand by the comments I made, (after speaking with you in pm), I had no right to undermine the hard work you do for pa, and any problems I should of taken to pm. For not doing so, I am sorry.

Holyboy, whilst I have every right to be dissappointed at Angels throwing away the chance of victory, I should of been more diplomatic. I hope you realise my comments were made at your hc, and not at you, though i know it didnt come across like that. I am sorry.

I hope I havent lost two good friendships over my behaviour.

To anyone else I pissed off, sorry as well. Whether I like it or not, I ahve a privelaged position in planetarion, and people look up to me, and I let myself, and my alliance down.

I will not make any more posts about Exil should of been deleted, I will leave that to the MH, who have a hard job to do.
I guess I will just go do what I do ingame, and even if i cant say who wins, i can damn well say who doesnt. Forest style.

Once again, sorry.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:13   #2
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: An apology.

i still love ya Forest, we both said stuff we shouldnt have. You were drunk, and i was p*ssed off, :|

It's a game, i realised a few days ago it's not worth losing friendships over.
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:19   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Takes guts to be honest and apologise in public.

Good man Forest.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:48   #4
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Told ya to just ignore him Holyboy, hes rather gay like that at times (((

HI FOREST!

(By the way i still demand you change the name of the BG!! )
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:49   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it takes a great deal of courage to say what you just have, as noah02 has said. my hat goes off to you.

I severely doubt a friendship is thrown away from all this , though i will admit it did cut to the bone a little too much for my liking heh.

theres nothing wrong with protesting a decision, people do it all the time and often theres two groups protesting it for diametrically opposite reasons. its impossible to please everyone, its how its done thats important.
I dont think you let your alliance down personally, as your opinions are your own, and god knows you let ppl know what your opinion is - im sure some other 1up ppl will say the same in your defence.

The whole situation has shown me i need to probably re-evaluate my hunting procedures *yet again*, perhaps to be more strict and believe the stories given to me less then i tend to at present. I guess im too soft for this job :P.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:52   #6
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

I can't be the only one laughing at this.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:58   #7
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
The whole situation has shown me i need to probably re-evaluate my hunting procedures *yet again*, perhaps to be more strict and believe the stories given to me less then i tend to at present. I guess im too soft for this job :P.
That, I believe is why Spanner used a fairly strict 'no excuses', high threshhold of proof policy.

I'm guessing you would rather it that ten cheats got off scot free than have one innocent player closed. Where most would I think argue that it is exactly the opposite approach that is needed in this game, as the effects of those ten cheaters will impact many more innocent players than just one.

Damn you Forest, I was waiting for the logs you were ranting about.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:04   #8
Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
That, I believe is why Spanner used a fairly strict 'no excuses', high threshhold of proof policy.

I'm guessing you would rather it that ten cheats got off scot free than have one innocent player closed. Where most would I think argue that it is exactly the opposite approach that is needed in this game, as the effects of those ten cheaters will impact many more innocent players than just one.

Damn you Forest, I was waiting for the logs you were ranting about.
I think you should remember though Cooling it took over 4 rounds for Spinner to start taking that stance, i say that from experience after being in the TPE galaxy with the cheating that went on in there. 1 player had an ip from england(him), australia(his gal mate) and USA(other gal mate), all within like 5 minutes of each other, and still didnt get deleted, was quite amusing to watch hehe.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:05   #9
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Hehe, "spanner".

Still, the apology was nicely presented, and seems to have done what you wanted it to do, based on people's reactions.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:10   #10
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
I think you should remember though Cooling it took over 4 rounds for Spinner to start taking that stance, i say that from experience after being in the TPE galaxy with the cheating that went on in there. 1 player had an ip from england(him), australia(his gal mate) and USA(other gal mate), all within like 5 minutes of each other, and still didnt get deleted, was quite amusing to watch hehe.
That merely prooves that if you beat a monkey enough times eventually it will learn not to eat the banana.

I have yet to determine whether this fair and accurate characterization applys equally well to the new cohort of Pateam members.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:14   #11
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i want another banana,
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:17   #12
Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
That merely prooves that if you beat a monkey enough times eventually it will learn not to eat the banana.

I have yet to determine whether this fair and accurate characterization applys equally well to the new cohort of Pateam members.
Yes but depending the background he came from, he may not of experienced this before?

Once bitten twice shy?
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:25   #13
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

as noah earlier said, great step of you to apology in public.

i dont know what you said etc, but to apology here is some "not easy" thing.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:43   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

To anyone else I pissed off, sorry as well. Whether I like it or not, I ahve a privelaged position in planetarion, and people look up to me, and I let myself, and my alliance down.
You didn't piss me off, though I just wanted to discuss some stuff but your rather hostile replies made me end the conversation before it started. Guess I'll catch you at a better time ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:44   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it takes a great deal of courage to say what you just have, as noah02 has said. my hat goes off to you.

I severely doubt a friendship is thrown away from all this , though i will admit it did cut to the bone a little too much for my liking heh.
Does that mean we can still be friends after all the abuse I gave you between r8-10 for the "screwups" I believed you did?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:47   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Does that mean we can still be friends after all the abuse I gave you between r8-10 for the "screwups" I believed you did?
i still say they were guilty :P i just got overruled by mrbrick back then.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:51   #17
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
i still say they were guilty :P i just got overruled by mrbrick back then.
Being overruled a lot lately, are we?

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:55   #18
Phil^
Insomniac

no, havent been overruled since i became head of mh and was the one doing the overruling.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:57   #19
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

It takes a crazy friend to be sane.

I think most people tend to get crazy when they drink
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:12   #20
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Vote Forest for president!
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 19:00   #21
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:

Too late in my personal opinion. And basically you can´t change your procedures to be more strict during a round, because you have already "judged" one set of cheaters for a specific crime one way. New people committing the same crime and have as many excuses will have to receive the same penalty.

In my humble opinion MH handled this one very badly, and showed a leniency i for one detest.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 19:07   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

tbh i still think forest is a twat

now what did he do and why did i miss it?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 19:26   #23
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

he declared war on PaTeam
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 20:32   #24
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse

Too late in my personal opinion. And basically you can´t change your procedures to be more strict during a round, because you have already "judged" one set of cheaters for a specific crime one way. New people committing the same crime and have as many excuses will have to receive the same penalty.

In my humble opinion MH handled this one very badly, and showed a leniency i for one detest.

Exapmles have been made people doing it again should expect the same if not worse imo
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 20:52   #25
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Exapmles have been made people doing it again should expect the same if not worse imo
Punishment should be the same for first time offenders, since they don´t know the details in regards to the crimes here.

Precedence being set here is:

1st time: "slap on hand" lose 30% ships and roids.
2nd time: not shown yet.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:42   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this thread was an apologetic thread and then all of a sudden everyone flames it with "cheat, punish, ban, roids, xp" when there is already a thread you can flame.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184624

Or is every thread that i see phil^ post in get flamed about exil cheating constantly?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 15:27   #27
NaQ

NaQ is an unknown quantity at this point

apology accepted
NaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 16:52   #28
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

tbh noah i think the things forest apologized for are closely linked to the deletions policy of late, therefore its not completely out of context...
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:05   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Since Im not playing anymore, can someone care to sum it up?

Along these lines perhaps:
exhiltion cought farming on a massive scale
phil showing his incompentece when not closing down cheaters

or am I wrong?
And what did Forest whine about in the first place?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 02:06   #30
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

exilition wasn't caught neither farming, nor on a massive scale...
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 02:20   #31
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Accidental farming on a massive scale?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 04:13   #32
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Forest a lot of the time I think you're a good guy but then I read post like this where you’re being a fag and I have my doubts, you don’t need to apologise for pointing out PA Team’s incompetence even if they are your friends.

And Holy less of you being a fag to, these forums are turning into a Trisha special.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote