User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2006, 20:27   #1
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
[wu-trax or germans] white rose

Wiki and the net says they were betrayed by the janitor which is sometimes named as 'Jakob Schmied' but i can't find anything on this man. Do people know what happened to him after the war?
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:25   #2
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all
Re: [wu-trax or germans] white rose

I searched around on google a bit, but there's only very few articles mentioning him that are copied a lot. The spelling alternates from Schmied to Schmid to Schmidt. If you are really, really interested, there are some literature recommendations on the German wiki site for Weiße Rose. Not sure if any of the books was translated to English, though.

Why are you interested in the guy?
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 02:25   #3
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Im just interested how he reacted once the war was over, assuming he survived. The members of the white rose showed great character in one of humanitys darkest moments. Whilst what they did should be remembered im more interested in those that go beyond moral cowardice (few of us would have the courage of our convictions in a similar situation) and display a toadying deferment to authority.

He didn't need to report what he saw, he could have looked the other way. Granted he was a nazi party member but to knowingly report individuals when the consequences are death...

I just wonder what he thought about the situation in years to come - again assuming he survived.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 11:04   #4
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

After the war Jakob Schmied was convicted by the Americans to a 5 year sentence. In a petition for mercy which did not go through he said that he was only carrying out his duty.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 12:21   #5
milo

cheers for that, did you get that online?
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 12:55   #6
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

yes

http://www.bpb.de/files/3B4VQJ.pdf (German version only, sorry)

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote